PDA

View Full Version : PC: PSO PC Version

HopeREDRIA
Nov 18, 2003, 02:12 PM
OK. I currently own the GC version of PSO and wanted to move to online but thought that it would make more sense to make to move to PC online instead. I want to know where I can purchase the PC verion. Do I pay a flat rate for the game or do I pay monthly like GC? How much is it per month/how much is the game itself? Please fill me in on the downlow. Thankyou very much.

By the way, what a great PSO community! I just found it yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed.

ThaRealest
Nov 18, 2003, 03:33 PM
The pc version is very rare, and im not sure if it is still up.As far as i know it was cancelled...but i am not sure

gallaugher
Nov 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
After playing the GC version you will be sadly disappointed with the 'current' PC version. It's nothing but a DC port, 99% the same. I stopped playing it a long time ago. From what I hear it is hacked like crazy now. I doubt there are many people still playing it online. You might be able to get it from an import site (shop.himeya.com) for a hefty price. The monthly fee is cheap, I think it was around $5.

I think the servers for the PC version are getting shut down soon (or are already down). I think ST is releasing EP 1 & 2 with server side saving for the PC. It's probably a ways off though.

primer567
Nov 18, 2003, 03:56 PM
EpI&II is coming to PC I am not sure when though. I'd just wait.

polishedweasel
Nov 18, 2003, 04:12 PM
Wow to PC? Hmmm I might actually get that...ya know? For my own reasons...

Para
Nov 18, 2003, 10:35 PM
yup ep1&2 to pc

the current v2 PC version is still up. the trial server for the v2 pc version shut down though.
PSO PC v2 ends at 31/12/03

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 02:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is a slight chance that the PC and GC servers could be interconnected?
Because a friend of mine almost had a heart attack when I told him that someday PSO EpI&II will see the light in Pc version, and knowing that the servers could be inter-connected would make him happy forever.

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 03:54 AM
Nope.....no inter connection of anything....they didn't do it for the box why would they do it for PC? Think of it like that.

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 04:04 AM
Well, I think of it this way:
1)The X-Box servers are owned by Microsoft
2)The GC servers are owned by Sega
3)The PC servers will probably be owned by Sega

Why is there no connection between X-Box and GC? probably because the servers are being hosted by different companies, and they have methods that differ in the way they treat them. Apart, I heard somewhere something about that Microsot did not want the GC 56k players to get in their servers, becaue their servers are suppossed to be only for people in broadband, and stuff like that. Dunno if it's truth, tho.

But the PC version's servers will probably be hosted by Sega, and I think they'll allow 56k connection to their servers (they want to make the game playable to the most possible potential customers)and thus, they could think of a way to connect GC and PC servers.

Wouldnt it be sweet as hell?
If someone knows something, please post it.

gallaugher
Nov 19, 2003, 12:30 PM
It's not going to happen, I promise you. The whole point of ep 1&2 on the PC is so they can do server side saving. They're not going to let the current version that's all hacked up play on the same servers as the new version which could be hack/dupe free.

Para
Nov 19, 2003, 02:07 PM
im still abit skeptical about the whole server side saving because it would really change PSO itself by ALOT and the question is SEGA willing to do all that work? if they are going to do all that work, why not implement alot more stuff? like new monster skills or new skills... something to make the game not seem so old...

HopeREDRIA
Nov 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
Now that I hear everyone's imput (and a big thankyou to it), should I consider going online on GC. I have a very reliable and fast cable connection. The only issue is the last check that I did with the online play it was $10 a month, a bit pricy for a 14 year old. Has the price lowered, and is it even worth it? How many people play it on GC? I understand Xbox has the better situation and I would love to switch, but money is a definite issue. However I'm still thinking of the GC online play with the fact that I dont know how many people actually play the GC online. Give imput.

primer567
Nov 19, 2003, 04:18 PM
There is shop dupe on GC so it will never be connected to PC.

Why is there no connection between X-Box and GC? probably because the servers are being hosted by different companies, and they have methods that differ in the way they treat them.
Xbox Live is a closed server plus GC uses serials and Xbox uses gamertags along with no voice support on GC.

Also, GC has plenty of quests Xbox doesnt have yet and shop dupe is patched on Xbox so they wouldnt want the GC owners duping for Xbox and Xbox owners hacking for GC users.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: primer567 on 2003-11-19 13:20 ]</font>

JohanCC
Nov 19, 2003, 04:36 PM
On 2003-11-19 11:16, HopeREDRIA wrote:
Now that I hear everyone's imput (and a big thankyou to it), should I consider going online on GC. I have a very reliable and fast cable connection. The only issue is the last check that I did with the online play it was $10 a month, a bit pricy for a 14 year old. Has the price lowered, and is it even worth it? How many people play it on GC? I understand Xbox has the better situation and I would love to switch, but money is a definite issue. However I'm still thinking of the GC online play with the fact that I dont know how many people actually play the GC online. Give imput.

It's $9 a month, many people play (except on EU servers), in my opinion it's worth it, and the worst things out there are FSOD, FSOD-X, and dupers. There is no NOL'ing, PK'ing, etc, only mass dupes of powerful rarers. On Xbox, there is no shop dupe trick, but there's still some with modded xbox's (I don't have xbox, so I don't know how bad it is.)
For the 9$, make an agreement with your parents that you will do some chores or something each month.