PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRR!!! (Double Dash)

Inu_Ranma
Nov 18, 2003, 06:03 PM
Sometimes I really hate gaming stores.

Was anybody else wanting to play their reserved copy of Double Dash yesterday? I have to wait until like 10 tonight to play now.

Evil stores/shipping >_<

SpikeOtacon
Nov 18, 2003, 06:05 PM
That's it? Just until 10 tonight? That isn't all that bad. Just try to wait for two months. **grumble**

Ueiji
Nov 18, 2003, 06:09 PM
I was going to get double dash but after reading the IGN review I changed my mind...I hear it has the same item system in Mario Kart 64, that people in 1st place get useless crap like banana peels while those behind get endless lightning bolts and uber stuff, leaving most races a game of chance rather than skill. Why couldn't they make it like SNES Mario Kart ;_;

And they say it moves slow too (long tracks)

Firocket1690
Nov 18, 2003, 06:46 PM
Just be glad you're able to play/buy/have it this year .....

Need laptop for high school, and parents won't buy, saving own cash ...

Inu_Ranma
Nov 18, 2003, 07:32 PM
I liked the N64 item system better, personally. If a person were getting triple red's in first place, it'd unbalance the game. It made being in last fun too, and therefore the game all-around fun.

monkeyfist
Nov 18, 2003, 08:13 PM
i was looking forward to ddr ultramix for xbox but the stores said that they haven't arrived yet!! GRRR!!!

Delsaber
Nov 18, 2003, 08:47 PM
I have completed almost all of the cups.. 150cc star trophy here I come...

shifter
Nov 18, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-11-18 15:09, Ueiji wrote:
I was going to get double dash but after reading the IGN review I changed my mind...I hear it has the same item system in Mario Kart 64, that people in 1st place get useless crap like banana peels while those behind get endless lightning bolts and uber stuff, leaving most races a game of chance rather than skill. Why couldn't they make it like SNES Mario Kart ;_;

And they say it moves slow too (long tracks)

isnt that a good thing. u dont want a person in first place, getting triple red shells, it be nearly impossible to knock them out of first and claim it for urself. ive, for the most part, have been happy with the item system for mario cart, most of the time, it gives me stuff that is usefull(except for those damn banana pells when im in first, wtf. the only way i can use it effectively, is if the person/s i play with is a complete moron).

anyway i dont have double dash yet, play to tomorrow, but from what i heard, its really good. egm has never steered me wrong.

Bradicus
Nov 18, 2003, 09:48 PM
1 bananas are god, if you know the level
2 the old MK had about 4 weapons, so it was not necessary to balance them
3 battle is where it's at anywho

NKOTB
Nov 18, 2003, 10:25 PM
Project Gotham Racing 2

Mixfortune
Nov 19, 2003, 02:43 AM
I could have played it this past Saturday as a pre-release, but I had other stuff to do. There is a local tourney nearby though. I just haven't played it yet, so I doubt I'll enter. I wasn't half bad at MK64 myself...

pixelate
Nov 19, 2003, 02:47 AM
Didn't even know it was coming out this soon. =/ Love, love, love the Mario Kart series.

Weekend rental!

DarthFomar
Nov 19, 2003, 08:55 AM
Well after you get it and have played it for a while *a day or two*. Tell us about it. I want to know what I'm buying before I buy it. But I bet it will be really good anyway..."The mouse goes over the mountain"...*ahem...sorry*