PDA

View Full Version : About Japanese players in general

Jkid
Nov 18, 2003, 08:22 PM
In my Ver.2 days, almost every Japanese player I go to already completed the 4 areas (Forest,Caves, Mines, Ruins). Why do they want to complete the levels offline, then online even though most of the time they complete the game in order online.

EvilNixon666
Nov 18, 2003, 08:23 PM
Uh, more items and exp?

ThaRealest
Nov 18, 2003, 08:26 PM
Racist!!!!! hahaha jk....

Zarana
Nov 18, 2003, 08:39 PM
Because completing the levels offline is just common courtesy. You're just being a jerk if you don't do it, and people will hate you.

-Saygram-
Nov 19, 2003, 01:04 AM
Indeed. When you're a high level, let's say 189, and you join a game where you have to start at Forest...well, that's just pointless. You want to ustilize your power to attain as much exp in the shortest amount of time, while still maintaining a chance to get good rares. On the subject of rares. Having all 4 areas open can be useful for starting games where people junt for a certain rare. Jeez, lots of American players unlock all 4 areas too, ya'know. It's not some kind of Japanese custom or ritual. Would it be right for me to ask, "Why is it that Americans are so dumb?" There are tons of other dumb people out there...just more so in this country...

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2003, 03:15 AM
Yeah, you're actually supposed to unlock the areas offline so they're available online. I just figured everyone knew that. o-O

Your choice, everyone has their own way to play, but it just makes more sense to unlock the stuff so you can make your own games without being limited, right?

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 03:52 AM
I got it all unlocked ??? bleh, whatever people...they get dumber every day.

Superguppie
Nov 19, 2003, 04:05 AM
Have you ever noticed those annoying lowlvlz that want you to create a team, just so they can go to the ruins? Well, they don't have those in JP. The ppl there must hate begging for help like that, so they play the game so they don't need it...
However, I do wonder if that's really it, because they do seem to like playing the whole thing start to finish anyway. I like that too. Doing just Ruins (or the dreaded TTF) all the time tends to get boring. I appreciate all areas of the game, and like playing all of'em. Maybe those JP ppl do too.

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 04:19 AM
well, about the people that asks for teams with concrete areas opened... I'd make a distinction
There are those that are real beggars, that will insult you and will start messing with you just because you dont want to create the team.
And there are those that just want to go for exp, and if you dont have it, well, they'll just say "Thankyou anyway for listening to me" or something like that, and politely, will look for someone that can help him/her. And I think those are just nice people

Everybody must understand that not all people wants to lvl up just to be stronger, but to be able to go with the pals. They're in hard, you're in normal. You'd obviously like to lvl up like hell so you can reach lvl 20 and go with them. I think that's a logical and totally normal attitude, to wish to be with your friends.

And yes, runs trough an entire episode are sweet, but pretty long. It usualy takes hours. In V2 when we were 3 in the team, we used to work like this:
1)-The weakest one had to go to forest
-The strongest one had to go to mines
-The one in the middle, to caves
2)When someone reached the boss, that player should call the others to fight it toghether.
3)Once a player has finished his area, he will go help the others, depending on who needs more help. If noone needs help, he might start with ruins if wished.
4)When all 3 areas have been cleared, everyone will meet up in ruins to join up and bash enemies (The PSOW granphas will remember how impossible was Ruins ult).

It's an alternative. Try it. It means nice exp and it's quicker.

Superguppie
Nov 19, 2003, 05:12 AM
I didn't mean the nice ppl that just ask once. (I've met those too, and they are usualy the best ppl to be with. (not counting the ppl that are already friends...)) I meant the annoying beggars.

And dividing the areas won't really cut it for me, as it would often leave my higlvl char doing the Ruins that the others want for the EXP. Would still keep me from seeing the other sights...
Also, dividing the areas is a form of teamplay that doesn't suit me...

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 05:26 AM
Yep, those that ask once politely usually are really nice people.
Dividing areas doesnt fit you? well, I dont know any other ways of teamplay apart from that and the old one. Do you know of other ways? if so, please post.

MaxBuster
Nov 19, 2003, 03:19 PM
I don't understand how that applies only to Japanese players? My friends and I do the same and we don't speak a word of Japanese...well, except maybe "good bye".

Minty
Nov 19, 2003, 04:56 PM
I just dont have the time to unlock all of those levels. I only have time to just get online and join a game to play in. n_n'

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 05:36 PM
Well jpm people are alot more courtious and nice online. They wait by the tp untill u come and most of the time shifta/deb or whatever is nessicary. They are great to play with. And yes they have all the lvs unlocked but then again so do i and im american. Alot of people on us servers are asses

_Ted_
Nov 19, 2003, 10:39 PM
On 2003-11-19 14:36, Krank40oz wrote:
Alot of people on us servers are asses

Alot of people in life in general are like that. As for Japanese players, of the few times I have played with them all of their actions were nice and courtious, but as far as I know that could have been calling me nasty names in Japanese (which I doubt). I myself complete the game offline as soon as my characters are able to do so. If I don't have time currently, then I just do it later when I do have time.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 19, 2003, 11:17 PM
I don't get why the hell it matters! In short it does'nt!
If someone wants to complete the offline areas as well as online more power to 'em!
Why don't you complete both?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Sloth on 2003-11-19 20:18 ]</font>

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 03:27 AM
On 2003-11-19 02:26, RFB wrote:
Dividing areas doesnt fit you? well, I dont know any other ways of teamplay apart from that and the old one. Do you know of other ways? if so, please post.

nope. Just like the old one a lot. And I don't have a problem spending an entire evening with the same ppl. Provided that they are the right ppl.....

On 2003-11-19 12:19, MaxBuster wrote:
I don't understand how that applies only to Japanese players? My friends and I do the same and we don't speak a word of Japanese...well, except maybe "good bye".

It doesn't apply to JP players only. But in JP there are just a lot more players that do it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-20 00:31 ]</font>

RFB
Nov 20, 2003, 06:15 AM
On 2003-11-20 00:27, Superguppie wrote:

On 2003-11-19 02:26, RFB wrote:

nope. Just like the old one a lot. And I don't have a problem spending an entire evening with the same ppl. Provided that they are the right ppl.....
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-20 00:31 ]</font>

I dont have a problem either, tho sometimes I wish to be with other people (routine sucks)
And I can also say that the Japanese people is nice, really nice, greatly nice, super nice, RFB shut up, @_@. They were the best to play C-Mode with in DC(I dont include GC since I havent almost played it... it's not the same feeling) and frankly they normally helped everyone they could.

dArKrEaVeR
Nov 20, 2003, 11:02 AM
i like your idea that you have about splitting up the team to accomplish there levels but how about sending 2 per lv. with at least 1 force char, to accompany the other one so that it might be a little funner and at the same time the force can cover your ass when in dire need. I always make sure i have a force char, to cover my ass when im in need or vice versa. Good thinking though its good to always be open to vast ideas, it certainly makes pso funner.
On 2003-11-19 01:19, RFB wrote:
well, about the people that asks for teams with concrete areas opened... I'd make a distinction
There are those that are real beggars, that will insult you and will start messing with you just because you dont want to create the team.
And there are those that just want to go for exp, and if you dont have it, well, they'll just say "Thankyou anyway for listening to me" or something like that, and politely, will look for someone that can help him/her. And I think those are just nice people

Everybody must understand that not all people wants to lvl up just to be stronger, but to be able to go with the pals. They're in hard, you're in normal. You'd obviously like to lvl up like hell so you can reach lvl 20 and go with them. I think that's a logical and totally normal attitude, to wish to be with your friends.

And yes, runs trough an entire episode are sweet, but pretty long. It usualy takes hours. In V2 when we were 3 in the team, we used to work like this:
1)-The weakest one had to go to forest
-The strongest one had to go to mines
-The one in the middle, to caves
2)When someone reached the boss, that player should call the others to fight it toghether.
3)Once a player has finished his area, he will go help the others, depending on who needs more help. If noone needs help, he might start with ruins if wished.
4)When all 3 areas have been cleared, everyone will meet up in ruins to join up and bash enemies (The PSOW granphas will remember how impossible was Ruins ult).

It's an alternative. Try it. It means nice exp and it's quicker.

[/quote]

Ketchup345
Nov 20, 2003, 02:13 PM
Unlocking everything offline as was said before, is just common sence, if you want to make a game in that Episode.

But I think the real question was: Why do people unlock everything offline, just to do all areas online in one run?

I would say the answer to that would be to be able to jump to any area if they meet a nice person (who would do this for anyone else?) thats wants an item from their ID, and can't make a game of that ID.

RFB
Nov 21, 2003, 02:52 AM
On 2003-11-20 08:02, dArKrEaVeR wrote:
i like your idea that you have about splitting up the team to accomplish there levels but how about sending 2 per lv. with at least 1 force char, to accompany the other one so that it might be a little funner and at the same time the force can cover your ass when in dire need. I always make sure i have a force char, to cover my ass when im in need or vice versa. Good thinking though its good to always be open to vast ideas, it certainly makes pso funner.

Well, that could be nice when the number of players is 4, but it cant be done when there are 3. Anyway, we used to be 2 FOs and 1 HU/RA XD it was a super-covered, shifted, debanded, rested, antied, reversed HU/RA. (Aah.... sweet memories or that old V2 Red Sword 50% ruins that, I think it was Malkavian who had it, kicked a-s-s-e-s with S/D)

_tsunami
Nov 25, 2003, 03:48 AM
knowing both english and a decent amount of japanese i play mostly with JP players
yes they are so awesome compared to US and over polite and generous.. even if they speak japanese behind your back its never anything rude or hostile, but notifying to other players so they know you don't understand japanese and they have to use word select to talk with you.

Japanese jokes never go as far as the US ones which implement profanity, Their jokes are usually weak or commenting how cute things are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

My first time i jumped onto the US ships there was non stop spamming, swearing , and curses thrown at each other and the most annouying thing was they did it repeatitively like trying to flood players off. No wonder none of the japanese capable of english venture to the other servers besides JP ones... all i have to say its those couple of dimwits who are a disgrace and makes the other US / EU players look bad.

shinto_kuji
Nov 25, 2003, 08:35 PM
the jp people i play with don't tend to do that, meaning, they don't tend to play through the levels in order online. the whole reason anyone unlocks the levels offline (not just jp, but everyone) is so that if someone wants to find a specific rare then you can load up that particular area. basically, say someone in your group is skyly and you are wanting to find s j-sword, but that person doesn't even have cca unlocked. kinda makes the whole point of specific enemy drops and id's pointless, no? jp's, in general, seem more willing to want to help you find an item then other people (not all). its nice to ask someone to help you find a rare and when it drops they don't run and grab it before you do. jp tend to be more polite simply because thats the way most of them are raised, its more embraced in their society. that usually makes them more enjoyable to play with.

RelaxedGamer
Nov 26, 2003, 02:35 AM
man, japanese players do these nice things, because they were raised like that, not just ffor our game, but for their lives as well, i wen to japan once, and this nice old man showed me around, what great guy

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 08:30 AM
I alawys beat everything offline. To me, it was just part of completeing the game.

BonusKun
Nov 26, 2003, 11:03 AM
I do offline more or less for a few reasons. One of them being it's just another part of fully finishing the game. It's also like Cel said just common courtesy for other players in case you'd like to go off and start your game at somewhere else instead of Forest or Temple online.

It's up to you more or less but finishing it offline just makes it easier if you get in the mood to either hunt for rares or if you feel like doing the EXP grind and making a RuInZ/RaId++ game.

That and hunting offline alone sometimes is a lot more...peaceful than having to deal with people online who are mailing you all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

~S N K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-11-26 08:03 ]</font>

ShadowFOrce
Nov 26, 2003, 04:04 PM
I don't get mailed that much. It's not annoying. The main reason I don't do the offline mode is because by the time I beat all the levels I am ready to move onto Vhard or ULT. I can understand beating all the levels in ULT though.

-Luke-
Nov 27, 2003, 12:08 PM
Of course people unlock the later levels. It does'nt take that long, and for example, I met up with a lvl 100 person when I was lvl 20, and I wanted to do Hard Ruins runs. So, I made the game, but could only go to Caves. *rolls eyes*...so they made the game, which was a bit of a hassle, jes cos I didnt know how that system worked...
Luke