PDA

View Full Version : Negative damage?

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 04:56 AM
I was going to post this the other day, but got side tracked.

East Tower, 11 Red rings, Foie traps:

So I set off the alarm and get smacked by fireballs, no damage was done. However, my PB guage was dropping evrytime I got hit. So the only thing that came to mind was negative damage. Any PSO experts want to take a crack at this?

Barubary, Vulpes? Anyone that know's more than me...

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 05:44 AM
Negative damage? That sounds like sci-fi... oh wait... PSO is pure sci-fi... (Appears a giant advertisement in front of me saying "PWNDZ!!") doh!!

now seriously... I dont think it's negative damage, but a glitch. The mag loads up his photon when you're hit, the stronger the hit, the higher the load.
But the basic is that you must get hit. Of course, you cant evade a tech, but even if it does 0 to you teh mag loads up. Or dont you remember the tech trick in DC to load up the mags with invincibility before falz? How did it work? using a glitch in the game that alloed you to throw any lock-on tech to a mate. Did that person get hurt? No, that person's HP was still the same. He received the hit, but no damage. Anyway, the mag loaded up.
I believe that the key is that in the game, legally, there is no way you can get a resistance high enough to not receive damage, so the game, even if you've not been damaged, counts the hit for the mag's photon blast.

Or do you think that the guys I used to throw grants to in V2 before falz had and uber light resistance? none of them had it over 55.

Well, that's just what I think. I hope it helps.

VulpesMundi
Nov 19, 2003, 07:49 AM
I can't really help you with this. I don't mess around with the multi-equip. My guess is that by exploiting a glitch you're simply causing more unforseen glitches.

Buuyon
Nov 19, 2003, 08:14 AM
who cares PSO is dead anyways...

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 08:25 AM
Right.........

Raziel_Kai
Nov 19, 2003, 08:32 AM
On 2003-11-19 05:14, Buuyon wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA....
anyways, onto the original topic?
Vulpes is right, can't really help out with glitches provoked by another glitch.

Maybe it is negative damage, but you should ask the guys at ST, they'll probably help out more.

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2003, 08:57 AM
On 2003-11-19 05:32, Raziel_Kai wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA....
anyways, onto the original topic?
Vulpes is right, can't really help out with glitches provoked by another glitch.

Maybe it is negative damage, but you should ask the guys at ST, they'll probably help out more.

or ban you.

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 02:18 PM

Go home.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you quite listened to what I had said about my PB guage. It was dropping by 3 every time I got hit by the fireball.

ok. Bleh.

AppieDPC
Nov 19, 2003, 02:41 PM
hmmm when you multi equip weapons long enough your stats will become negative. With the result that in case of negative ATA you miss. When you equip a shitload of Red Rings (kick ass resists as far as I know) your resists might get too high(don't know if you saw negetive numbers at you resist screen).
Anyway perhaps because all of this, the effect of a spell (PB up) is reversed because of the (negative?) resists.
I never tried this negative stats stuff myself.
I am just going on some stories I heared and pictures I have seen, but negative resists could make sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-11-19 11:44 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 05:28 PM
NOOOOO my resists were 480.

They hadn't gone negative yet...but my resists were so high that when I got whacked by a foie ball. It wasn't hurting me and my guage was dropping....

How many times must I explained this....

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 05:33 PM
yea its not possable to get 485 reist to fire unless u like everyone else said exploit a glitch. Which prob fuged your game up even more. So you say how can it drop ur pb gadge which is odd when ur resist is very odd as well. See my point?

A2K
Nov 19, 2003, 05:51 PM
Who cares? Seriously? How will knowing why this happens benefit anyone?

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 05:55 PM
Durrrr, its just somthing to talk about and somthing to think about. But let me ask you this, how the hell does u complaining about our post benefit anyone? Seriously!

SpyroDi
Nov 19, 2003, 05:58 PM
I think I know what happened...

Your resists were so high that you didn't take any damage,since the damage is negative...so,positive damage increases PB energy,negative decreases it...

Just a bit of a theory.

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 06:00 PM
Thats the best theory i have herd so far, but im trying that now and seeing if it happens to me!

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 06:13 PM
How is multi equipping going to break my GC or PSO? Please explain yourself...

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 06:41 PM
Its not going to break ur gc, just fukk ur game up and make more problems for urself. i dont think they explained it very clearly@