PDA

View Full Version : GC: NTSC CUBE + NTSC BBA + PAL PSO + FREELOADER *HELP* !!!

Wessi
Nov 19, 2003, 05:01 AM
Hello everyone,

today i recieved my BBA for my US Cube and my "PAL" PSO ! I boot it up with my freeloader since its an US console. It works fine and I can play offline. When I goto the network options screen and want to configure my provider the "screen solution" switches from PAL to NTSC as it seems or tries to. Then theres a message in white on a black screen "an error occured, turn the cube off ....bla bla". I tried to boot up and loaded with 60 HZ . Same result, the screen stayed black. It looks like I cannot play the PAL PSO + Freeloader on my NTSC console.

So I guess I need to order an US version, is that correct or is there a way anyone could help me getting this damn thing configured ? Anyone how has this setup running ?

Wessi

VioletSkye
Nov 19, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 2003-11-19 02:01, Wessi wrote:
Hello everyone,

today i recieved my BBA for my US Cube and my "PAL" PSO ! I boot it up with my freeloader since its an US console. It works fine and I can play offline. When I goto the network options screen and want to configure my provider the "screen solution" switches from PAL to NTSC as it seems or tries to. Then theres a message in white on a black screen "an error occured, turn the cube off ....bla bla". I tried to boot up and loaded with 60 HZ . Same result, the screen stayed black. It looks like I cannot play the PAL PSO + Freeloader on my NTSC console.

So I guess I need to order an US version, is that correct or is there a way anyone could help me getting this damn thing configured ? Anyone how has this setup running ?

Wessi

Hve you tried getting online without going into the Network Options screen? Often, when using a Broadband connection, you can leave everything either on Automatic or blank (as in the case of the proxy server). So there usually isn't anything to configure. Try just connecting to the servers and then post what if any error messages you get.

Rich_T
Nov 19, 2003, 01:54 PM
This could be beacuse on the PAL version of PSO, the browser and network set up pages run at 50Hz only, and the game can run at 60Hz or 50Hz.
Do you get the same problem if you select the homepage option to get to the website on the main menu?
if you can get online to the game servers, but get the error about a hunters licence, and you cant access the homepage due to the 50/60Hz clash problem you can register for a European Hunters licence at http://www.playsega.com