PDA

View Full Version : What on earth is the use of being lvl200?

Superguppie
Nov 19, 2003, 05:41 AM
Although it may look like it, this is NOT a rant. I have the genuine desire to understand the ppl that bug me to play Ruins with them, just so they can lvlup fast, and show up with a lvl1300 MAG and a TJ.

Being legit, I know why I wanna reach lvl200 someday, but I haven't got a clue why some others want it.
With the MAX stats thing, the TJ and BKB and the recent explosion of atrocious MAGs, any asshole can have more than a legit lvl200 ever will.
So, why is it that the ppl who use the tricks and hacks are usualy also the ppl that are the most eager to lvlup? What is the use of reaching any lvl if your stats are MAX already?
If it's for the status, they really are morons. The few ppl I know that have made it aren't really enjoying it. They often get called cheaters, while the worst they did was some recoboxing with a turbo controler. And they attract a lot of beggars and other assholes.
Plus, even with the cheats and hacks it will take a lot of time to get all that EXP. I think most of'em will go bored before they actualy make it. I really fail to see how to keep lvl150 - 200 interesting, when all you do is rush through ruins.

As for little legit me, I have 2 reasons for wanting to reach lvl200:
- Some nice stats so I don't have to worry too much about where I go to have fun with my friends
- The road there is long and hard. But very enjoyable with the right company. Spending all the time with my friends will be well worth the while. And I will take it nice and slow, enjoying every second of it.

RFB
Nov 19, 2003, 05:54 AM
Well, the problem of that people is that they want to be the friggin rulers of pso because, in their minds, there's always this message: "I OWNZ YA ALL, YOU SCUM". This may not be applied to all the people that fits the description of superguppie, but I think it's accurate. They just want to show to everyone else, that they're better than us, and to be able to do that, to reach lvl 200 is needed.

Dont care much for them, they dont deserve it. Just focus in having a friggin' nice time. Assholes are not worth our attention.

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 06:22 AM
Ya, what he says, any attempt at understanding foolishness is a waste of time.

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2003, 07:14 AM
hm, with recoboxing in mind... the thought about reaching 200 is not that interesting for me. especially when i see how much work this needs.

i rather level 4 characters to 160 or so. thats not even way more rewarding but offers also a good choice of ID's playstyles...

just my 2 eurocents..

Superguppie
Nov 19, 2003, 07:54 AM
On 2003-11-19 02:54, RFB wrote:
Well, the problem of that people is that they want to be the friggin rulers of pso because, in their minds, there's always this message: "I OWNZ YA ALL, YOU SCUM". This may not be applied to all the people that fits the description of superguppie, but I think it's accurate. They just want to show to everyone else, that they're better than us, and to be able to do that, to reach lvl 200 is needed.

So they really are morons. Guess my positive attitude towards ppl I hardly know got the better of me there.
Status sucks. I wish I could become a lvl200 without it...

Dont care much for them, they dont deserve it. Just focus in having a friggin' nice time. Assholes are not worth our attention.

amen.

On 2003-11-19 03:22, Kefka wrote:
Ya, what he says, any attempt at understanding foolishness is a waste of time.

Hmmm, so my own smartness made blind to the stupidity of others. Sounds pretty stupid. Waste of time indeed.
(And for those of you that didn't get that one: I am making a joke here, on myself...)

Raziel_Kai
Nov 19, 2003, 08:06 AM
On 2003-11-19 02:41, Superguppie wrote:
As for little legit me, I have 2 reasons for wanting to reach lvl200:
- Some nice stats so I don't have to worry too much about where I go to have fun with my friends
- The road there is long and hard. But very enjoyable with the right company. Spending all the time with my friends will be well worth the while. And I will take it nice and slow, enjoying every second of it.

Yeah, I understand both issues.
The first allows you to be able to play without getting creamed too much on higher difficulties.
The second reason is neat since you enjoy each and every step of the way.

As for me? mmmmh... I dunno... i gotta go with your previous two reasons and the fact that I think a higher level character has less problems hunting rares than a lower level one (more access to difficulties, less of a harder time fighting bosses, more strength to attacks/techs while doing runs).

Buuyon
Nov 19, 2003, 08:12 AM
um being 200 doesnt mean you wont die...i was playing TTF with 2...yes thats right 2 200s...they both died before me...i dont rember on wich char but i thin kit was my 140 HUmar (no i dont use maxed stats or anything like that) the thing is...no matter what lvl you are you can die...unless you have skill...

BonusKun
Nov 19, 2003, 08:30 AM
I'll say this much about being 200. I did it and it's done.

From time to time tho I find myself missing my HUcaseal so I usually find a seabed game to go into and have some old fashioned fun with her.

She's been 200 since april but I still love playing her. I'm not in a hurry to level anymore like I used to originally so I'm just playing PSO for fun. Granted I'm still a team player and since I don't need assloads of EXP anymore as a droid I just find myself pacing my character in seabed or ruins and just take my time in making my kills.

Have fun is all I can say but being 200 is just another Level...lol well it was a lot of pain in the end trying to take in almost 2 mila day but, I think in the end it was just great hitting 200 with all my freinds with me.

Good times indeed.

~S N K

Raziel_Kai
Nov 19, 2003, 09:06 AM
On 2003-11-19 05:12, Buuyon wrote:
um being 200 doesnt mean you wont die...i was playing TTF with 2...yes thats right 2 200s...they both died before me...i dont rember on wich char but i thin kit was my 140 HUmar (no i dont use maxed stats or anything like that) the thing is...no matter what lvl you are you can die...unless you have skill...

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on my post.
I didn't imply that lvl 200 charas are immortal. A good friend of mine is right now at lvl 197, and he does get killed more times than me (Im at lvl 14 right now).
Skill? Of course it takes skill to survive... there isnt a single person (IMO) that will get into a group of Ult foes and not get out without a scratch.

My friend is a very skilled player, but even so... you sometimes run out of luck. You step on the wrong place, you activate the wrong switch, a Delbiter decides to do 2 critical hits in a row, etc...

And I yet stand by the notion that a higher level character has an easier time. They have higher stats, more time dedicated into them, probably better equipment, etc.
And to clarify this, I only speak of legitimate characters, not maxed out stats or using hacked MAGs way before lv200.

RaMarJay
Nov 19, 2003, 10:47 AM
I just keep leveling up my fav character cuz i like him and it's fun playing. If he reaches lv 200 then i have a character to help out smaller characters. If you reach it,legit, then you really like you character and it shows your dedication to the game. Not to metion going back to easier difficulties and beating up everything including bosses with your bare hands (no weapon) is pretty fun and rewarding..he.he.he

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaMarJay on 2003-11-19 07:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaMarJay on 2003-11-19 07:51 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah, no see... I tend not to even worry about leveling up. I've had the game since the day it came out, and my highest level character out of the TWELVE characters that I have, is currently level 99. The fact is, that I just don't play as much as I would like to (yes, work and fanfics... Seem to take over my life!). When I get on, I just try to take the time to enjoy the game. I remember just recently, sitting in an open game, feeding a mag, and having quite the pleasent conversation with someone that joined me. It's not the persuit of level 200 that should be the goal-- it's the persuit of enjoyment that should be the goal. Whether you fullfill that goal by persuing level 200 or by engaging in shop quests, whatever floats your boat, that should be the goal.

KaFKa
Nov 19, 2003, 12:21 PM
the main reason that i wanna be level 200 is so i can have that whole "closure" thing. when i play a game, i beat it. there has only been 2 games that i haven't beaten yet. those are qix(OLD SCHOOL) and PSO. of course i've beaten it on ult ep1&2, but i haven't gotten to 200. it's kind of a bad habit, but i always max my chars out. and also, just like meira said, having fun with the people that you play with online is half the fun of it. i have my little group of friends, and we have fun when we're online. since PSO is an online game, thats how it's supposed to be. one of my friends has two level 200s, she plays them sometimes when she is bored, but not all the time. i think the level 200 thing (at least to the mature people and not the 12 year olds with no life) is just a goal. yep, there was my little useless rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AppieDPC
Nov 19, 2003, 01:46 PM
Why people want Lv200 despite they already have max stats? The only thing missing in their max shit, is the max level. That is why they want it. To be "complete". Of course there are exceptions. People with max stats that just happen to get lv200 but still had fun while doing it and never saw it as something to make it complete.

Personally I like it more like reno-ko: some chars around lv 120-160, just to have fun with. Lv200 doesn't serve any purpose, only that I can act more like a "god" then when I am lv150 or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

heyf00L
Nov 19, 2003, 02:23 PM
They often get called cheaters, while the worst they did was some recoboxing with a turbo controler.
That's cheating.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 02:27 PM
I don't think Recoboxing is really cheating... It's fairly cheap, I'll give it that. Just seems like a more boring, albeit faster, way of leveling up.

MaxBuster
Nov 19, 2003, 02:42 PM
For me, the whole idea of playing these games is the role-playing. Being powerful and being able to kill enemies with ease is just the End, the most enjoyable part is still watching your character get stronger by the level while also finding some very cool items/weapons along the way. If someone is able to kill Falz with hacked stats at lvl 1, then leveling up to 200 to kill him again would be pointless.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2003, 02:47 PM
Well... It's not hard to observe that the vast majority of people on PSO don't really role play, as to "role play" is to play in-character...

But I do agree. The course of leveling up, and watching your character get stronger little by little is far more rewarding than instantaneously becoming an "UBERmar" upon character creation.

Zarana
Nov 19, 2003, 03:01 PM
Recobox in and of itself may not be cheating, but with a turbo control (let me remind you that none of them are licensed by Nintendo) you're doing something that's not meant to be done. You're cheating.

The people who "only" do a little Recobox with a turbo control deserve all the accusations they get. Corruption is too nice a fate for these scumbags.

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2003, 03:17 PM
Personal satisfaction is why I wish to go to level 200. Although I do use a level 1304 MAG, I enjoy the idea of having a character at his/her absolute best. Besides, Levels are neccesary to get better armor/shields.

And once I get Sil to level 200, I'ma give away all my useless non-gun rares and make a RAmar to run through the game. Although Ep. 3 will be here by then.

Auracom
Nov 19, 2003, 03:23 PM
For me being lv200 is just another goal on my to do list. I don't really picture myself going afk in lobbies for the rest of my time on pso. I'll just go back to hunting and probably brush up on my cmode. I'm making good progress lv197 now, and the road hasnt been dulled yet. I'm always with good friends and they keep me going. It's nice to know that your friends on pso are there for you. I wish there was someway to show my gratitude to them all but text can only do so much.

GuerillaPimp
Nov 19, 2003, 04:28 PM
I used to be pumped about getting my chars to level 200...but then my xbox had to be sent away for repairs, and as a result all there of my chars were deleted (L117, 74, 64). All my hard work and somewhat decent rares (mainly 9 and 10 stars, nothing uber) were lost. after that the L200 just had no meaning to it. Im with Rena ko, get a few chars to the mid 100's and get a collection of some decent - uber rares, and ill be fine. Level 200 isnt even for bragging right anymore, just a waste of time (sad, but true)

JohanCC
Nov 19, 2003, 05:00 PM
I find lv200 as a goal to keep playing. PSO can get boring really fast, so that's why I use a goal.

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 05:19 PM
Well, of course i would like to reach lvl 200 but as of right now im trying to lvl to equip certain items. Pretty soon ill be able to use the kasami bracer.Woot w00t

GuerillaPimp
Nov 19, 2003, 05:54 PM
Yea, some ppl like to level up to see the "effects" of some of the rare armors...

Krank40oz
Nov 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
Well, 3 words! Respect and noteriaty!

Arinoma
Nov 19, 2003, 10:46 PM
I wouldnt do it personally, as i like to vary it up sometimes, and experience-wise 4 level 170s are about the equivilant of a 200 (not in actual time, as getting to ult, and being able to dish out damage/get experience takes a while as well,so it's sort of bias), I still support the people who have the gall to go for it, as it gives me a chance to level up a variety of characters doing runs with them! I would probably get bored of several TTFs in a row, and i figured out that i would have to do like 220 TTFs to get to level 195 or something... and that's around 110 straight of leveling...doesnt sound too fun to me, but for others, it might be a labor of love, or just a checklist, yeah.

joluh
Nov 19, 2003, 11:05 PM
Getting a character to lvl100 to me it's something great, getting it to over lvl150 it's amazing, to lvl200 just too much...

I rather have many characters at lvl100+ than 1 at lvl200, i already have two characters over lvl100 and one at lvl70, almost there ^_^, also i create another character after the last one hit lvl100 ^_~

Also i don't really care about people maxing stats and that stuff, i don't really see the point

Lord_Sloth
Nov 19, 2003, 11:10 PM
What is the purpose of being Lv. 200?
So you can beat the crap out of that poor normal mode Dragon! lol

LordMe
Nov 19, 2003, 11:44 PM
yeah i think that it's gonna be a great thing...and sloth i will never go to normal when i'm LV200 it would be no fun

NoxiousOne
Nov 20, 2003, 12:32 AM
I would find taking my 4' nothing FOnewm back to normal and clobering the dragon to death amusing. But other than that I have to say that all I want is some mid 100's chars and I'll be happy.

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 03:48 AM
On 2003-11-19 12:01, Zarana wrote:
Recobox in and of itself may not be cheating, but with a turbo control (let me remind you that none of them are licensed by Nintendo) you're doing something that's not meant to be done. You're cheating.

The people who "only" do a little Recobox with a turbo control deserve all the accusations they get. Corruption is too nice a fate for these scumbags.

I didn't mean to stir up that discussion. What I meant was that being lvl200 makes ppl call you a cheater. They accuse you of doing all the bad things in the book. It wouldn't be honest of me to not say they did the turbo thing, but I know them to be pretty non-cheating ppl, so it sucks just to see it happen...

And I see a lot of ppl replying here that don't wanna go lvl200 at the highst possible pace. Good to see there are so many that aren't morons. But still the only argument I have heard that seems to motivate the morons is the status that we all don't want...
And the other night I met another amazing example of moronity. I was in an open team killing some time waiting on some friends to drop by and I got company from a guy about 50lvlz below mine. When he comes though the pipe, I already see the dreaded green Pushan and the BKB. But since I was in a good mood I decided not to say anything and just see how good he was. He turned out to be quite good at not dying, so I thought I had met a cheater that was not a total ass.
Despite his ueber equipment he asked me to trade. When I said I wasn't interested in dupes and hacks, he asked if I had any spares he could have. He was a collector. At that moment I didn't have any he didn't have, so we went on to killing more than just time...
After a while, in the middle of a group of enemies, a red box drops. He's standing right next to it and completely ignores it. When all enemies are turned to carcasses, he rushes to the next room and I walk up to the red box to see what it is. It turned out to be a Branch of Paku Paku. I mention it and he goes 'ooooh, don't have that yet. Why didn't you show me earlier? Can I have it?'. When I said it was the one he just left, he said he was too busy getting EXP because he wanted to be lvl200 before the end of the month...

TOO COMPLICATED!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-20 01:08 ]</font>

bluedrakken
Nov 20, 2003, 02:48 PM
I'm a current offline player, my goal isn't too lv. up really, i just want to collect RED item boxes from enemy with ease and for that i must level up."CUSRE THE SEABED(ULTIMATE)"