PDA

View Full Version : GC BBA Router help...

Yon_Phei
Nov 19, 2003, 03:47 PM
Well....I have a slight problem...and now I cant play PSO online >_< heres the scoop: i have a BBA and signed up with Charter, and a Linksys 1 way router, and then it goes to a hub and to the computers. Im trying to hook my GC through the router and get my PSO addiction under controll...but even after trying to set another IP for the router to regionize the CG it still does not work...even if i leave the settings to Automatic. Ive been trying to get myself connected for some time, but each time i try, it tells me to "check to make sure the proper cable is inserted into the CG" i really need some help with this....its no fun to be spending 8.95/mounth and not even play it online >_< so if anyone knows anything, it would be much appericated!

Dhylec
Nov 24, 2003, 02:15 PM
hmm i have linksys, maybe i can help
can u see gc's bba/mac address in the router dhcp table?
enable auto ip on gc?
number of host address on router?

also, check what kind of cable are u using?
for gc to router, u need a strait-thru

Yon_Phei
Nov 25, 2003, 07:39 PM
the Router does not give me direct access to put in a MAC address for my GC and ive set the IP settings to automatic and it still does not work...i cant remember what kind of cable i am running...but i think its straight through...

Dhylec
Nov 29, 2003, 01:36 AM
hehe i only want to know if u can see gc's mac addr in the table
u cant manually enter the mac addr into the router's table -- everything should be automatically detected & assigned