PDA

View Full Version : LOL, thanks, GoVulmer.

Nai_Calus
Nov 19, 2003, 03:56 PM
So this morning I wound up in a random TTF game. (And pfft, whoever says they can't keep up with cheates is full of it or can't play, I was the only HU without a BKB or TJsword, and I had no trouble getting hits in. The others were all competent, too. FOmarl did support like mad, HUne brought a Holy Ray for Falz, HUcaseal brought a hacked BKB and we all owned Falz so fast it was hilarious. I digress)

SKYLY game. In Caves 2, a red box drops across the room. HUcaseal gets it, equips. Red Sword. Half a second later, I kill the group of GoVulmers I'm working on... Red Box, blade icon. So I equip it. Insert chorus of LOLs here, as two Red Swords drop in the same room within a second of each other.

And I wasn't even looking for it. ^_^; No %s, but still very cool. I'll put up a picture later for fun. ^_^

Nice present to find so soon after getting online. Got a Guard Wave on a REDRIA TTF run earlier, too, but I gave it away because I already had a better one.

Pwnage.

Soukosa
Nov 19, 2003, 04:05 PM
Maybe the game's just so happy that you're finally online that's blessing every game you play in with rares.

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 04:16 PM
I've only gotten one RED SWORD in skyly in 550 hours >_< and here he is with two in one SMALL cave 3 run http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Soukosa
Nov 19, 2003, 04:21 PM
I know how you feel. With my Skyly, I've found all of the red weapons that can be found with her in the Caves, except the Red Sword. Now, I'm using my Viridia to try to get one from a Nano Dragon since I've gotten 4 Red Slicers from them between my Redria and Skyly.

Demonscale
Nov 19, 2003, 04:26 PM
Back when my Humar was skyly, I never found a red sword. But now in a random game, one drops. I guess sometimes its just dumb luck.

GuerillaPimp
Nov 19, 2003, 04:33 PM
Heh, yea, whenever youre actively chasing that one rare, it will never drop. But as soon as you forget about, you see this nice little red box calling your name! Curse of the PSO Gods!

Wood_Golem
Nov 19, 2003, 04:46 PM
Hehe nice find ian it's allways cool to get something like that oh and SKYLY IS TEH PWN4G!!!!

joncushing
Nov 19, 2003, 05:25 PM
I was looking for a red sword and demo comet from skyly caves, stingy Govulmers never have dropped me a red sword, and red slimes ARGGHHHH ive found 3 of them 1 by accident and 2 by piping and still no demo comet, i was piping for a red slime the other day, did he show up NOOOOOOOO he didnt, god damn asshole caves creatures, so freakin tight when it comes to rares.

StrongBad
Nov 19, 2003, 05:40 PM
I just lost my Red Sword, Meteor Cudgel, and Diska of Bravemen with 30 hit to FSOD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Now all I have is my Chainsawd.

jello44
Nov 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-11-19 14:40, StrongBad wrote:
I just lost my Red Sword, Meteor Cudgel, and Diska of Bravemen with 30 hit to FSOD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Now all I have is my Chainsawd.

heh same here, well except the DoB I lost a cure/shock :|

I found my red sword from a nano as well. I wasn't even expecting it and it was like, *plop*.

These things always seem to fall when you least expect it.

Nai_Calus
Nov 19, 2003, 06:46 PM
Yike, so much bad luck. o.o And here I am, first ever SKYLY Caves game, in the little bit of Caves 3 you do in TTF, and two of them drop in the same room and I get one. *shakes head* It really is insane. O_o;

http://www.iankunx.net/redsword.jpg
http://www.iankunx.net/iansword.jpg

I think the reason I got it is because I don't particularily like Swords and thus wasn't looking for it and had no intention of doing so, therefore, it fell into my lap. Still pretty nifty. Maybe I'll actually use it, since it sucks less than all those Dragon Slayers ORAN keeps giving me. >P

Nice to finally have some good luck with drops. ^^; I mean, I have good equip, but most of it's piped. So it's cool to get something good I didn't spend 20 hours staring at blue rings to get.

Well... Yeah. This thing can be found. So, anyone looking for it, don't give up. XD

navci
Nov 19, 2003, 08:01 PM
Well... Yeah. This thing can be found. So, anyone looking for it, don't give up. XD

You are so lucky! =P I havn't see a decent rare (or ANY rare) for a couple weeks now! Oh oh, and you are finally online? COngrats! ... Did you get my PM?

LordMe
Nov 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
never headed for a red sword don't got a skyly

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2003, 09:02 PM
I'll have to remember to make some TTF quests. btw, great Ult Temple game.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 20, 2003, 12:25 AM
Congrats, man. Good to see someone else having a good run besides me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NoxiousOne
Nov 20, 2003, 12:51 AM
Maybe I'll have more luck w/ my SKYLY char when I get him to Ult., because for WHITILL Melqueeks are bastards. I've played caves numerous times, and have found everything there except for Red Sword, Guard Wave, and Red Scorpio.

trunkszero
Nov 20, 2003, 01:24 AM
are the drop rates different online then they are offline?

polishedweasel
Nov 20, 2003, 01:29 AM
On 2003-11-19 22:24, trunkszero wrote:

Negative -

trunkszero
Nov 20, 2003, 01:50 AM
cool, ok

toosmart4U9078
Nov 20, 2003, 02:00 AM
On 2003-11-19 22:24, trunkszero wrote:

no but take into account that the more ppl u play with the better chances a rare drops

Stalfos333
Nov 20, 2003, 02:21 AM
What ARE you talking about? Rare drops don't go up with more people. In fact, since you have to share the ones that DO show up more ways, your takings drop drastically with each new person.

Armok
Nov 20, 2003, 08:55 AM
I got my Red Sword last week after 10million points worth of caves leveling. I also found a Asuka and a God battle in the same week just to rub it in.

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 09:53 AM
On 2003-11-19 13:33, GuerillaPimp wrote:
Heh, yea, whenever youre actively chasing that one rare, it will never drop. But as soon as you forget about, you see this nice little red box calling your name! Curse of the PSO Gods!

Cursing the gods won't work. But if you can find things as soon as you stop thinking of'em, I'm gonna stop thinking about all of'em so I will find all of'em...

Delsaber
Nov 20, 2003, 05:29 PM
I had searched days and days for my Red Sword then my character corrupted. With my newer character I found a Red Sword after about 5-6 Addicting Foods runs along with 1 sange and 1 demo comet. The next run that I did the next day I found a Chain Sawd..

Nohra
Nov 20, 2003, 05:58 PM
...who says you can't find the rares you're looking for? Just last night we were doing TTF runs to Opt to get a Ruby Bullet... and it finally dropped, too. >.>; Along with a Hell Laser. XD Now I just need to find a Hell Laser that has hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

LamerPanda
Nov 20, 2003, 08:15 PM
I never find the rares I'm looking for, but I find the ones I hate in mass amounts.

I was trying to find Kamui or some other nice Ep II rare the other day with a Pinkal friend. The result?

~6 Storm Wand:Indras.

o_o; I thought my 4 Varista/1 Photon Drop run was bad.

I've been trying to get God/HP from Nars, too lazy to pipe so I've been doing massive TTF runs. I gained 25 levels, found 3 Nars, and no freaking God/HP. XD

I think the last semi-nice thing I found myself was a Red Handgun. XD; Back in February or so.

SuperDK
Nov 20, 2003, 08:26 PM
Wow, I think I've heard many people say that when they comeback to PSO after a while, they've gotten good items. I think I might believe this theory, because 2 days ago (as I haven't been playing this game for a while), I was hunting for an Asuka and got a Berdysh instead. And then the next day, I get an Asuka AND a Standstill Shield(from a Dolmdarl, Skyly...Amazing).

Anyway, I only found one Red Sword in my 960+ hours in PSO with my SKYLY...and my brother found 2 with his Yellowboze...

Congrats on the Red Sword that you may never use.