PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable...hackers, anyone?

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2003, 04:11 PM
Ever since the glory days of DC, PSO has had the problem of hackers. But that all may change come Episode 3. What do you think about how hackers will adapt to it's new style?

Some of you might consider the obvious; they'll hack to get all the strongest cards. But that might be a bit more difficult than at first thought. Since (as far as I can tell) you can't carry over AP in the game, the more stupid of hackers would be stuck with a deck of level 6 cards they couldn't bring out except by some miracle, while weenie rushers chew them to bits.

Then there's the downright brutal; manipulating the game so they alwas win (max HP, AP, etc.). In these instances, those who learn of his/her cheating ways will no longer play him, and they will soon become very lonely people.

So, do you think hackers would continue their strong weapon-obtaining ways until painful defeat taught them otherwise, or would they be discouraged from the infamous art? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-11-19 13:16 ]</font>

-STE-
Nov 19, 2003, 04:28 PM
How to made cards?
How to dupe?
you cant drop
online card and offline card will be separated (i think at 99% on final on trial carachter lv on and off was separated)
you can dupe cards with usb but you cant go exchange cards online becuase thay will deleted

So i think sonic team made 2 different game offline and online with differwnt lv and cards

And dont forgot you cant trade rare cards you can only own but not trade and normal cards you need more than one for trade.

Im sure i can play this game until usa eu relase without problems of hacking and when other verson come out after 3 months maybe i stop play because game is not like ep 1 2 game can be boring very fast like trial was for lot of people.

Ueiji
Nov 19, 2003, 04:57 PM
Hmm a few thoughts:

1. I'm rather sure ST has learned from the Shop glitch and in-game duping won't happen. Yes there probably be all that USB and hex-editing stuff, but the average joe doesn't know how to do it, and in "FREE CARD GIVEAWAY" rooms the duper would have to patiently give cards away individually with a trade screen person-by-person since cards can't be dropped (unless a trade screen glitch is discovered,urg, must not think about this X_X).

2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/start/62.jpg

According to the guide here on PSOW, there is a permitted card option, so if the most powerful cards are widespread, cant one prohibit their use during a match, and duke it out with basic cards only? XD

3. That barubary6 person made some kind of comment a while ago about PSO3 being hosted client-side or something. Maybe that would lead to problems, I dunno

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2003, 05:35 PM
I'm not talking about what measures ST will make to stop hacking/duping (God only knows if they even will), I'm talking about whether people WILL hack/dupe due to the new form of the game.

dark_agenda
Nov 19, 2003, 06:03 PM
In my opinion, every online game is going to have its cheaters. This is a simple inevitability. There are always people out there that are not willing to put their time in creating strong characters and getting powerful items the all natural way. Once people like this get a hold of PSO ep.3, it will go by way of the other two eps.

metermore
Nov 19, 2003, 06:08 PM
u underestimate the power of GC hackers

in EP1&2 N*** could was the only GC wepon maker and that was because of USB

primer567
Nov 19, 2003, 07:55 PM
Nugz learned everything from Myria aka Barubary. They hack through packet editing FYI.

-STE-
Nov 20, 2003, 02:35 AM
You can have rare cards but this not mean you can be strong and win with it i usually win with base cards like Mechgun ecc

Link00seven
Nov 20, 2003, 03:39 PM
The thing is, PSO EpIII is about Stratagy. Cheating in this game won't get you anywhere, unless your experianced in Stratagy! Like STE said, a person with Basic Cards can beat a person with powerful cards if they know Stratagy!

rena-ko
Nov 21, 2003, 09:37 AM
On 2003-11-19 23:35, -STE- wrote:
You can have rare cards but this not mean you can be strong and win with it i usually win with base cards like Mechgun ecc

and this is the best part and why i'm looking forward to ep3.

KaFKa
Nov 21, 2003, 12:57 PM
bah, you might not know it, but there are going to be UBER FAST cards tou there, and dupers/hackers are gonna make it so they can have a full deck of cards like that. you people are thinking of strategies that have been around since the dawn of CGs (MTG alpha, IMO) and theres always a way around it, until someone hacks and dupes a card that is going to win it for them everytime. its just like having a card in MTG that says: "if you have cards on the table, you win" and thats what the piont of this thread was in the first place IMHO

...and there is my two cents

-STE-
Nov 21, 2003, 02:02 PM
You didnt play trial verson so you cant know

All can i say is
Duping can be very hard you cant drop items and you must use a exchange machine for exchange card who save at same time if you use 2 memory and you trade cards when you finish game will same on both memory at same time so you cant put out memory do trick ecc.

Another thing most rare cards cant be exchanged i had on trial Mericarol it is srank card so you cant exchange trade and lot of other cards is hight rank like rare rappy rare mag (chao is s rank) maybe 15% or more of total cards is hight rank and cant be traded you can only own it.

On final edicion i think card is separated to online and offline so you cant use usb memory for dupe.

So i think you can only made weapon and own it but not give at others like is on ep 1 2 who made a 1300lv haked mag and other all duped it.

Only few people are good to made this.3 4 person maybe.

AppieDPC
Nov 21, 2003, 05:05 PM
As we all know hackers/cheaters/dupers etc. etc. WILL ALWAYS find a way. DC v1, v2 NGC Ep1&2, Xbox Ep1&2.
I highly doubt Episode 3 will be an exception.
Though I would love to see myself be proven wrong.
And when I read -STE-'s message I think ST is on the right track in doing just that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-11-21 14:07 ]</font>

StrongBad
Nov 21, 2003, 06:00 PM
Do you know what will make this game a lot better and last longer? If ST gives you the option to look at your opponants decks before you start a game. That way you can tell if they are cheating or not and if they are then you can just leave. Then dupers will get lonely and eventually use legit cards.

BogusKun
Nov 21, 2003, 08:33 PM
Well there shouldn't be any jump into since we all know the hackers don't have enough money to buy the game out now.http://www.geocities.com/hayato_shi6/vert.vsign.tight.txt

fireant
Nov 22, 2003, 02:31 PM
On 2003-11-21 17:33, BogusKun wrote:
Well there shouldn't be any jump into since we all know the hackers don't have enough money to buy the game out now.http://www.geocities.com/hayato_shi6/vert.vsign.tight.txt

Lol I had no idea that he was a hacker

FeVer
Nov 22, 2003, 07:04 PM
ok... am i the only one who thought thay they will maby get the cards, double save their char with the ar, then trade themselves the cards for really weak and not needed ones?

FeVer
Nov 22, 2003, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah... and they don't have to drop the card... you can trade for nothing can't you?

Link00seven
Nov 22, 2003, 08:51 PM
I think you can trade using a computer in-game.

-STE-
Nov 23, 2003, 04:03 AM
Rare cards can be traded ...... hope you understand this is like if in ep 1 2 double cannon monkey bar rare mags cant be dropped traded

kitomaka_ck
Dec 1, 2003, 10:55 PM
So S-Rank cards CAN'T be traded? But anything else (except E rank) can? And what is E rank? I am very curious. So that also means Monkey Bar is not S-Rank.