PDA

View Full Version : if only pso had more variety of char customization

dArKrEaVeR
Nov 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
i think in my opinion that if pso would have more character customization tweaks the game would be more interesting kind of like more outfits for each model, there tends to be the same shit for each model like the humar, i get annoyed with that stupid space suit of his, that would be tight if there was a ninja uniform with a mask perhaps. or like a leather jacket stuff like that maybe online downloadable content like additional costumes by meeting certain requirements sega team these are just a few of my suggestions in case of a future pso game such as this one not the card game, id like to hear different wishes from everyone else tell me what you think?

bob__phil
Nov 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
I agree with U.

It would be funny to have power ranger suits.

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 08:25 PM
At least details as intricate as Rico/Flowen/Elly.

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 08:28 PM
AHHHHHHHH!!!your everywhere!!!!!!!!!!Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 08:29 PM
Im a Dumbass sometimes...

Hrith
Nov 19, 2003, 08:45 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'll haunt you ! I'll PM you !!!

Jkid
Nov 19, 2003, 09:44 PM
It would be interesting. Maybe in the next installment (past Episode III) we could customise the height (if you want select the age you want your character to be), maybe select the headwear you want mix/matah different colors of the hat.

And that's the beginning of the customisation IF Sonic Team wants to expand it further.

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 10:14 PM
My pits stink...I forgot to put on deoderant...2 days in a row now..wth..

_Ted_
Nov 19, 2003, 10:32 PM
Hey, ThaRealest! What's with the random posts, stick to the topic man...

Anyways, PSO actually has a very large character customization abiltiy if you compare it to a game like Diablo 2 (no custom characters at all). But I agree with you, more customization would be nice.

RavenTW
Nov 19, 2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, well, it's about to be downgraded to only using preset chars on Episode 3, so some real customizatin would be nice (25+ suits, etc.)

trunkszero
Nov 19, 2003, 11:36 PM
they should atleast give us the ability to mix match colors and change colors like you can already do hair
and then they should let us customize the faces by giving us preset facial items such as eyes, mouths, noses, scars, patches, head bands, du rags/scarfs(with or instead of hair), glasses, shades, symbols etc......

BOmar
Nov 20, 2003, 03:33 AM
*Agrees with trunkszero*

I get sick of always finding people with the exact same costume/hair as my HUmar.
It doesn't happen as much with my other characters but that's probably just because there are so many HUmars!

Someone shoot ThaRealest.

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 03:36 AM
I don't think I would like more different suits. What I would like to see is more pieces of equipment that change the outfit. Now it's just the weapon and some shields, with the occasional visual effect on armor.
I think it would be cool to have at least 2 armors/shields for each lvl, each with a different outlook, maybe even different per class. This way you can change outfit inside the game, instead of going to the dressing room. And many more combinations would be possible

Nai_Calus
Nov 20, 2003, 05:57 AM
I don't care. I'm fine with things as they are. I just want to be able to make a proper Ep2 ELLY, instead of my Ep1 version ELLY. *sulk*

Although, better costumes for the HUnewearl would be nice. Might play one then.

RFB
Nov 20, 2003, 06:24 AM
I agree with superguppie, more equipment that would change the outfit would be nice.
As for the dresses, hairtyles, etc, I think they're ok as they already are. I've never seen a game with such cutomization since... hm... never.

P.D.: V1 Elly... brrrr...

tank1
Nov 20, 2003, 07:56 AM
yeh superguppie has a point most of the armour that changes your appearance and looks cool requires a hi level so it means noobies and new chars loose out i think more suits and shields shud be visible.

Arakon
Nov 20, 2003, 10:15 AM
ever seen the customizing options in Tiger Woods 2004? "Game Face".. allows you to basically edit EVERYTHING of your char, in enough detail to literally build yourself.
unfortunately, that would likely require so much data online, that it'd eat up too much bandwidth.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2003, 12:45 AM
Heaven help us if they put du rags into the game.

You know, if they do keep the four people to a game method, it wouldn't be too hard to upload the specific character designs at the beginning of the game. And besides, I find it hard to believe they couldn't streamline this game anymore for a sequel.

trunkszero
Nov 21, 2003, 12:48 AM
lol aren't character creation templates and data stored in the online servers if so i don't see how alot of bandwidth would be used, a moderate amount but not a dangerous level

Outrider
Nov 21, 2003, 12:59 AM
Come to think of it, aren't the characters just loaded off of the game itself? After all, they're all present character possibilities. It's not like it has to download certain costumes from the server. So yeah, it really wouldn't be too bad if they threw in more customization options, from the way I see it.

A2K
Nov 21, 2003, 01:19 AM
Some more options would be nice, I guess. But I'm satisfied with the current system. It's varied enough.

trunkszero
Nov 21, 2003, 01:30 AM
they should release a gc card save with more costume palettes on it, hell they could even give us palette change monster downloads with different names and drops, since it shouldn't require to much programming

A2K
Nov 21, 2003, 03:11 AM
^ Actually, that sort of thing would. That would require much more room than what a memory card could offer.

Superguppie
Nov 21, 2003, 03:38 AM
On 2003-11-20 22:30, trunkszero wrote:
...since it shouldn't require to much programming

And how do you know how much programming would be required?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it would require the release of a new disc with the code on it to support downloaded stuff. And unless it is in PSO plus, I don't see that happen.

Rapture
Nov 21, 2003, 05:49 AM
How about a character creation system along the lines of Smackdown Here Comes The Pain tons of customisation there. (Knows this more than likely can't be done) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Outrider
Nov 21, 2003, 03:14 PM
May we also be helped if we have to resort to wrestlings games as example of customization and ingenuity.

Hrith
Nov 21, 2003, 03:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif nice one Outrider, lol

trunkszero
Nov 21, 2003, 03:30 PM
i used to program things in mugen and i did start creating my own game in C++ until i got bored with it all

Rapture
Nov 22, 2003, 06:26 AM
O so sorry i mentioned wrestling, have you ever played the game as it's CAW is probably one of the most customisable things going. And i never said anything about wrestling games being ingenious I jsut made a comment on it's CAW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rapture on 2003-11-22 03:30 ]</font>

Logical2u
Nov 22, 2003, 07:13 AM
Hmm. I think they should allow seperate custom color modification (like that for hair) and possibly rare armor that permantly modifies your appearence, in lobbies and in games.

Malkavian
Nov 22, 2003, 11:30 AM
This is a delicate question.

Too much options in the customization could bring to an uninspired and dull design of the game.

There must be a balance between designs that fit the PSO World they have created and enough variation to make each character unique.

I agree they should add more costumes, hairs, faces, etc... but putting effort in making each addition fit PSO correctly. And keeping the same system of customization.
If the character cutomization was like a sports game I would hate it!!! >_<
Too much freedom kills art design

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-11-22 08:30 ]</font>

Outrider
Nov 22, 2003, 08:00 PM
Hey, no worries about mentioning wrestling. Go right ahead. It was simply a joke.

And yeah, I have seen some great customization options in wrestlings games. Also, the Tony Hawk games offer a lot in terms of details for making a character.

Good point about making sure the costumes fit in with PSO. Anybody else think the HUnewearl in the jean short cut-offs doesn't entirely fit in?

ShadowFOrce
Nov 22, 2003, 11:15 PM
IMO if you find ONE person that looks the same as you, then ST does not have enough Character Customization at all.

Rapture
Nov 23, 2003, 09:23 AM
Ok outrider apoligy accepted, i just thought that it sounded as if you were takin the mick. And i think that the Hune with the jean cut offs fits in, well it at least dosen't make her look like a whore like some of her other costumes. (red fishnets anyone)

ilr2000
Nov 23, 2003, 12:46 PM
I think the number of costumes is good, but they should really change what the costumes themselves are. I play as a HUnewearl... C'mon ST.. she needs more clothes!! I'm tired of having to chose between hot-pants, hot-pants, and more hot-pants.

But besides clothes, I think there should be more than just four or five difference faces. I think the number of faces there are should have the greatest variety... maybe even make those customizable down to eye shape, eye color, mouth shape, and nose shape...

And more hair style options wouldn't hurt. They've got a bunch realdy.. coving most styles.. but it wouldn't hurt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ilr2000
Nov 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
On 2003-11-23 06:23, Rapture wrote:
And i think that the Hune with the jean cut offs fits in, well it at least dosen't make her look like a whore like some of her other costumes. (red fishnets anyone)

Sadly, yes... damn that Sonic Team for being such dickheads!!! It's encouraging that I hardly people using those costumes, and there are some I've never seen outside of the dressing room. One of the reasons I say more costumes for the HUnewearl is because most of hers are completely un-wearable!!

Blah! This bothers me a whole bunch... but my beef is with ST, so I wont rant...

On 2003-11-22 08:30, Malkavian wrote:
I agree they should add more costumes, hairs, faces, etc... but putting effort in making each addition fit PSO correctly. And keeping the same system of customization.
If the character cutomization was like a sports game I would hate it!!! >_<
Too much freedom kills art design

Amen. One of my biggest turn offs to games like Everquest and other RPGs that offer huge level of costomization, is that all of them end up looking like total shit because nothing blends.. all the characters are created with unique styles that clash with EVERYTHING.

Outrider
Nov 23, 2003, 03:10 PM
Well, perhaps they can throw in a more options, such as belts, hats, whatever. But just make them fit with PSO. For example, throw in shoulder pads, body armor, gauntlets... that kinda thing.

Superguppie
Nov 24, 2003, 05:04 AM
On 2003-11-21 12:30, trunkszero wrote:
i used to program things in mugen and i did start creating my own game in C++ until i got bored with it all

Ah, that's not what I meant. I am a professional programmer and I hesitate to make statements about how easy or hard it is to make a certain change in a program that I didn't make myself.
I can imagine custom characters being easy to make, but incorporating it in the PSO code being very hard. So, I don't make statements like yours. And I find it sort of irritates me when others do. Hence the remark...

trunkszero
Nov 24, 2003, 10:42 PM
i see, but the palette swapping was just a guess, it could be done with little programming

Superguppie
Nov 25, 2003, 03:37 AM
On 2003-11-24 19:42, trunkszero wrote:
i see, but the palette swapping was just a guess, it could be done with little programming

It depends a bit on how the char models work in PSO, but I think it shouldn't be too hard. Still, it would require a new disk...

Minty
Nov 26, 2003, 06:10 PM
Well I'm satisfied for the most part with the level of customization of PSO as compared to games such as...ohh...Everquest for the PS2. At the initial character creation you get to choose a face, hair length, and hair color. That's it. Yeah, no hair syle...hair length.....

Gnarled_rose
Nov 27, 2003, 10:57 AM
In reply to the original post:
I don't think any game can compare to Baldur's Gate's customization. If anyone has played it, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Changing your alignment, exact classes, mixing classes(FORAmar?), creating your own color schemes for clothing, and your appearance changes with the armor you put on.
Long live Baldur's Gate, Lord of the RPG!