adj.
1)rigorously self-disciplined or self restarined
2)simple frugal austere
3)courageous in the face of danger

n.
1) citizen of Sparta
2)One of Spartan Character

I found this on the Spartans or Sparta.

It's hard for textbooks to say anything nice about the Spartans. Take up any world history textbook and read; you'll find that the Spartans were "an armed camp," "brutal," "culturally stagnant," "economically stagnant," "politically stagnant," and other fun things. The reality, of course, lies somewhere behind the value judgements. Greek history does, after all, come down to us through the eyes of the other major city-state in Greece, Athens, a bitter enemy and rival of Sparta. The two represent diametrically opposed concepts of the Greek polis and its relations with other city-states; they also represent diametrically opposed concepts of the individual's relationship to the state.

__________________________________________________ _______________

20 years before the departure of Pioneer 2

"Sir. The kids. They are reacting wierdly to the gene splicing."

"Well what do you expect dammit? You think their bodies will just take this stuff. They are kids." He stared in the holocam as the lab was lit with a brilliant array of lights and lasers. In that lab was one hundred fifty kids. Enduring the harsh process of DNA alteration. General Dietz frowned as he saw the development.

"Sir."

"Yes Lieutenant Mckay."

"Subject 143 is dead. Subject 32 has an increasing heart rate. His heart will explode soon. There are others. They are or will soon be dead Sir."

"I don't care. As long as fifty survive I'm happy."

Tech Officer (1st Class) swore as an increasing amount of deaths overpiled." Thirty deaths and counting."

"Twenty seconds."

"Forty Five."

"Fifteen seconds."

"Seventy deaths."

"Holy shit. How long left." Lieutenant Mckay screamed.

"Weeding out the strong from the week." Said General Dietz." This will be the building blocks for our next program. The one where we will use the clones." Almost the whole staff looked at him. Some scientists whispered to each other "crazy, sick fool."

No one enjoyed being on the Spartan program. What was even worse was they would be eligable for the Spartan II project which would take place around the time Pioneer 2 would be launched. They would clone people and make their clones into an army. Unknown to the civillians of the once beautiful planet the called home. The new planet, Ragol, was dangerous beyond belief. Or so they though.

When the satellites were sent they found that Ragol had a weird amount of unusual Photonic Energy. This photon was made with an extra atom unknown to human or newman alike.

Pioneer 1 had already been sent, and was due there in a matter of years. Five or six. After the Pioneer I had established living area on Ragol they would message back and then Pioneer II would leave on the estimated seven year journey.

General Dietz walked down the narrow hallway. One week ago the experimenting had been complete. The Spartans now reduce to thirty. " One hundred dead. Twenty three permanately physically disabled. Seven with enough mental problems to..." He stopped there. As he was at the squad leaders room.

#117 Higgs ,John A.
Squad Leader / Spartan I
Id# 18827318209-M

He opened the creaking door. The small room was plain and dull. The eleven year old stood at attention. His head now bald from the DNA enhancement and splicing. His hair would regrow but he didnt look normal for a kid. His physique was great. His muscles were bulging. Thanks to the intense training, weights, and the recent gene alteration.

"Well how are you doing 117."

"Great sir." He looked down at the floor.

"Anything we can talk about." Dietz asked.

"I thought I could help save them. My comrades."

"You will live on. You have always been stronger."

"Thank you sir." The Spartan replied."I'll remember that."

__________________________________________________ _______________
1 year after Jacob Keyes killed Shadow.

1st class Petty Officer 117 stood on the roof of a small four story build. Watching the young man named Jacob Keyes. He had killed the last survivng Spartan II. But the Spartan I, or the remainder of them. Only twenty eight exists now because of fighting on Ragol.

The Spartans, both I and II were both never told to the public. The II were wiped out. But recently the Spartan I had made a name for themselves. They were now a guild team, and the best one at that. They had won many battles and were ranked highly.

He planned on assasinatting Keyes. This Keyes didnt understand what it was like being one of him, one of the spartans. The pain, suffering, and problems of this complex life, and he just wasted it.

"You will pay dearly." 117 scowled.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Coming soon

Midnight Sun: The Spartan's

Chapter 1: Swords, guns, and the people who use them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spartan117 on 2003-11-20 17:52 ]</font>

Spartan117
Nov 20, 2003, 12:08 AM
There it is up. Thank you to all who will read.

MQuantum
Nov 20, 2003, 08:07 AM
Good here! some real plot goodieness. I like how the flashback brought in a solid conflict and everything.

Spartan117
Nov 20, 2003, 08:47 PM
Midnight Sun The Spartans

Chapter 1: Guns and the People Who Use Them

Jake was bored. Like many days before him. All he could think of was training harder. He at one point was friends with Jenna. But... that did not last long. She got herself in big trouble for following him to the altar of Dark Falz, but her troublemaking didn't stop at that. She often was found rummaging through Commander Locke's office for no apparent reason and was kicked out of the academy.

Now a high ranking HUmar and out of the academy. Jake had gotten alot of missions. He was excited at first. But then his schedule got to cramped. He started having to let down offers specifically for him. Now he had almost no schedule at all. "The fate of all soldiers. They are good until the violence ends and then they don't know where to go. Thats why there is alot of rogues. Most of the hunters (FO, RA, HU) have joined or made teams."

Jake planned on making one also. But hadn't gotten to it. He was actually going to make a note on the guild boards now. Tyrell had specifacally asked him to for an unknown reason. He laughed at the idea as he was anti social. What actually sparked his interest was a team. The Spartans they called themselves. "They were a team of about..." he talked aloud." Thirty or so."

The team was on a great winning streak in the tournaments. Undefeated. They all wore a sage green armor. Their faces masked behind a sage green helmet. With a shiny faceplate covering their face. You could not tell their expression with their armor on. They scared people with their emotionless armor.

They were the best of the best. All humans. Fourteen hunters, ten rangers, and a couple more forces that never saw battle. He saw them fight on holograms. Even in their elegent armor they moved with a pure grace. From what Jake saw one alone could have destroyed five or six of Shadow.

Within ten minutes Jake saw the boards. Now only a simple one-hundred feet away he saw a mass amout of hunters (not one group in specific. RA,HU,FO) in a circle. Obviously surrounding a fight. Even the cops seemed intersted. "No biggie. This will just leave the boards to me." Jake thought.

But he went into a sprint as he saw a glimmer of green anda shiny flash of gold. He found himself in the circle eagerly watching. His hunch was correct. A Spartan was duking it out with a HUmar. Both of them were obviously hunters as he saw they both had some type of Hunter weapon attached to them.

For the HUmar he had a Pallasch, some sort of assault rifle, and two Vahara on his back. As for the Spartan. He was armed to the brink. Two katanas on his back. Another at his waist. A very good handgun. Jake dropped his jaw. The handgun was a Ruby Bullet. "But...but thats only for Rangers. How can a hunter equip it?"

The punches were flying. The Spartan made a jab at the mans stomach. He fell over in a hump. Bravely he got up, just to be punched in his face again. Jake nundged the guy next to him. "What are they fighting about?"

"Not sure. They were just talking. Then the regular guy hit him in the face. They've been fighting for about two minutes now. But its pretty much the HUmar gets up. The Spartan hits him back down." Jake looked back at the ongoing bout. The HUmar was bleading in the face and probably had a few bones broken not to mention two black eyes. The Spartan brought back his fist for a final punch. He brought it down. But it was stopped.

"029 what are you doing." Another Spartan yelled.

"Um sorry 117 I'm sorry."

"Get back to the base. I'll post the message instead." He let go of 029's hand.

"Yes sir." The Spartan stumbled backwards. Scared of this higher ranked man. He jumpded to his feet. Then ran at a seemingly twenty kilometers an hour back to the base.

"I am sorry for this..." He eyed Jake down. Seemingly angry. Some people stared at Jake too. Well no one really knew why. They just saw the golden visor of the Sartan stare in Jake's direction. He then moved to the boards and made his notice. On the way back he stared again in Jake direction. Jake stared back. His eyes just saw a visor. But in his minds eye he saw fire and hatred.

The Spartan turned around and walked into the direction of the so called "base. While others yelled "killjoy" at him. Jake then checked the forum.

Team Spartan

Wanted: A team that can beat us. Anyone who wants to challenge, may. 100,000 for an individual match.
10,000,000 meseta prize if victor. Must have team of 4.

He exited it. Then set up his own. He didn't have a name for his team though. So he sent this.

I wish to make a team under the direct request of Principal Tyrell. The team has yet to be named. But if you wish to enter BEE me.

[End Transmission.]

He looked over it once and sent it. It would now be on every guild forum in Pioneer 2. He only had to wait. Having his day of work done he left to head back to his apartment.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Spartan 117 walked down the narrow walk to the command room. Examining the computers and doors at the sides him. He had called a meeting. Now he was in the command room. A dark ampitheater with a holo screen at the end. The twenty seven other Spartans raised and saluted. "Ok squad. I recently came upon an encounter with one of our Spartans beating up a normal hunter. If I catch any of you doing it again... Well I guess I'll leave that till then."

"I have recently wrote the post offering ten million meseta if there was a team that could beat us."

"Sir."

"Yes 003."

"I was examining the boards and the kid named Keyes is making a team."

"Thank you 003. We may be able to fight him legally yet. Then again assination is not my style. He must pay. Pay dearly." He thrust his hand shaped like a fist into the air.

"Pay dearly." The other Spartans replied in unison.

"With his life." 117 thought.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Coming soon. The next chapter of Midnight Sun

Spartan117
Nov 20, 2003, 08:50 PM
I hope you enjoy the chapter. Because tommorow is Friday ill definately be able to write the next chapter tommorow.

If anyone wants to be one of the team members ill put someone in. Just tell me.

Ill see youse people later. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif