PDA

View Full Version : Best Mag for a HUNEWEARL and WHY

AquaFlare7
Nov 20, 2003, 02:00 AM
see the topic and respond. I'm making a new mag but since I'm a perfectionist (except spelling ^_^) I need to know the best mag to throw on her, and please keep the hacked ones out of discussion...

joluh
Nov 20, 2003, 02:04 AM
5/145/50/0 Sato/Nidra/Rati

EDIT:

HUnewearls already have a good boost on MST, and you'll only use it mostly for shifta, deband, jellen, zalure and resta, no more probabbly

They have low ATA, something between 40-70 would help their ATA a lot

They also have the lowest ATP of the Hunters, so you'll need more POW on the mag too

Also on materials i'd say only Power and Evasion, maybe Defence, but no Mind, they already have high mental power like i said

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-11-19 23:07 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
Nov 20, 2003, 02:05 AM
actually, can a hunewearl cast shifta / deband at a higher level than what the rati mag does? if not ill go with that.

joluh
Nov 20, 2003, 02:13 AM
I'm not sure, but HUnewearls/RAmarls can cast them up to level20 which is REAAAAALLY good, but trust me, on Ultimate you'll love Jellen/Zalure more than Shifta/Deban, and with the 4 of them, you're almost invincible, you won't need the Rati's S/D

AquaFlare7
Nov 20, 2003, 02:16 AM
ok, cause I have my variety of Sato / Rati on my other 11 characters. I just couldnt decide for this one, but hey I havent seen a red sato yet on PSO so I guess it's Cat time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stalfos333
Nov 20, 2003, 02:17 AM
Skip the Rati, if you want more than bits of flair. The low level S/D won't help you at all. Nidra, Sato, or Bhima for the invincibility, which is just about the only thing you can't do better yourself. Go for power and dex.

Mine, personally, has 145 power and 50 dex, to get the most from shifta.

Benzine
Nov 20, 2003, 02:31 AM
Use one of the invincibility mags. Mag s/d is worthless when you can cast it yourself. HUne's need all the ATA help they can get, especially when you get to ult.

This is how I max out a melee HUnewearl. She is impossible to max all stats and I avoid using god/ability because it's damn near impossible to find unless you want a dupe. At lv 200, this maxes ATP, DFP, ATA, and LCK with materials, a lv200 mag and 2 slot units.

Slot Units: god/power, god/luck. Suggested: god/battle, cure/whatever
Mag: 5/91/104/0
Materials: 85 Power, 23 Def, 30 Luck. This leaves 12 to use as you please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benzine on 2003-11-19 23:33 ]</font>

kingmurp
Nov 20, 2003, 03:53 AM
my mag is the same, I have a nidra, 5/91/104/0 spells are nice, but the stats are boosted enough as is, you have enough attack pow and the potential lvl 20 techs make up for the mst missing on the mag. Hunney's are fun to play you can go from main attack force, to support in the blink of an eye.

Wood_Golem
Nov 20, 2003, 04:39 AM
I have gone through lots of mag's with my HUnewearl and one thing i've allways been doing is making a mag with more dex: my first mag Varaha (34/126/40/0)
wasn't the best mag ever but i made it when i played on my m8's xbox b4 i got pso.. then my first rare mag (that i used) Savitri 10/150/40/0 better than the last one but still not great.. then my sato same stats as the savitri.. slightly better cause of the invincibility.. then i made me a rati 5/145/50/0 i felt the need for the extra dex and the 10 def wasnt needed..then another rati 5/135/60/0 the dex is extremely usefull.. at lv150 i have a mediocre 134/5 and that isnt good.. i'm making a sato now for use on bosses (falz and olga only).. as for equipment
i use God/Power 2*God Arms and God/Battle. And as materials go.. i used a lot of evade materials.. i wanted to but i used a bit too many as i am less than 100 evp away from max at lv 150.. my mistake but i was a noob at that time and didnt think of the consequences.. as a result i have 20 luck and an overdue evp

Ketchup345
Nov 20, 2003, 06:38 AM
Check here. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1305) It gives an idea what Mags would be best for each character.

This (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1018) guide gives an idea what your mag stats should be for normal play (never intending to get to level 200). I think that you should take the 25 DEF and make it 5 (you have to have 5 DEF on each legit mag). I would add the extra 20 into DEX.

Mystil
Nov 20, 2003, 01:16 PM
Varaha - 5/125/70/0 and either two elf arm++'s or two God/arms which will max your ATA out at lv144ish. The other slots can be used freely. It's recomended to save just one for a power unit.

Invincibility baby. You don't need mind of course.

Nohra
Nov 20, 2003, 06:38 PM
Sato. Invincibility and revival = teh win, especially with the HUne's low HP. (You have no idea how many times my little white ball of fluff has bailed my ass out of a bad scrape).

5/145/50/0. Go for mind mats and evasion/defense mats.

Mag-cast SD is about level 10. SRed's blades SD is about level 7. And as said above, HUnes max out at level 20. I'd be more worried about finding an Anti 7 disk if I were you. ^_~

Zarana
Nov 20, 2003, 06:58 PM
I don't let any of my Hunters go with anything less than 90 Dex. ATA is by far the most important stat, and the sooner you max out the better. I suggest 5/105/90/0 for your HUnewearl Mag.

Malus
Nov 20, 2003, 10:20 PM
What about a Soniti? I have a left over Jack O Lanter that I have yet to open. If I remember correctly it always gives invincibility?

Joltox
Nov 21, 2003, 12:11 AM
If you want my opinion I wish to say to go with the Rati because it gives you a sense of defense when you look at it the right way.
Def/25 +25 Defense
Pow/50 +100 Attack
Dex/100 +50 Accuracy
Mind/25 +50 Mental Strength
This is the most perfect way to raise your mag because it gives you a defensive end and a better way to attack your opponent.
As far as item also I would have to say a God/Body,
2 God/Ability, and a God/Battle.
I have to agree with Zarana that Accuacy is the best on any hunter, but try to slap in a little defense and mental strength just to give yourself a better edge.

AquaFlare7
Nov 21, 2003, 01:08 AM
I was thinking maybe get the best of both worlds- A patented Red Sato with the wonder twins for cushioning

Stalfos333
Nov 21, 2003, 01:23 AM
20 defence is nothing, 40 power is a lot.
50 mind is also a waste, because your magic won't be stronger than a handgun or slicer with Shifta 20 at that little extra MST anyway. If you are, for some reason, going to use attack magic with a Hunny, understand that you must choose either a mag for that purpose or one for attacking, because going half and half is suicide.

Your TP is best used for supporting your attacks, instead of replacing them. Yes, the Hunny has the highest MST of a Hu, but she still is best as a Hu.

Joltox
Nov 21, 2003, 02:11 AM
Yes I here what you are saying, but I just play better with these kinds of stats. The extra mental strength gives me a stronger resta and I just feel like it. The defense is just a little boost, but it isn't like you can control the defense anyway. The power I really don't need to much of because I'm just a combo frenzy and my small damages add up.

Eum
Nov 21, 2003, 01:09 PM
150/40/5/5!

Forget DEX and MIND! Those are stats for the weak. 150 DEF is the way to go, with 40 POW giving you a massive ATP boost! Go, go, go!

KaFKa
Nov 21, 2003, 02:08 PM
my HUnewearl's sato has 15/125/50/10 but thats just me, the POW and DEX are a must, and i've found that once you get into the higher levels (i.e. 125 and up) you don't have to worry about hitting the enemies, just how much damage you do. and also, having a little bit of extra defense on a HUnewearl is always a good thing. then i jsut slapped on the last 10 mind mainly because if i didn't it wouldn't have become a sato http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Satine
Nov 21, 2003, 02:41 PM
Well, I've made more Mags than I can count but for HUnewearls, I like to do one of a few configs:

If you won't be using much in way of techs:
5/145/50/0

If you plan on using techs with some frequency:
5/130/40/25

I try to keep POW and DEX high. Sato's & Nidra's provide great invincibility when it's essential. I'd recommend having the Twins blast for times when you need to need to gain powerful S&D boosts with Photon chains. I've been around when all 4 players reach 100PB and no one has twins, which was a real bummer.

-Satine

ilr2000
Nov 21, 2003, 04:14 PM
You should really grab a character manager application and figure out what you want in a character. For a Hunter, the most important stats are ATP, DFP, ATA, and LCK. So my HUnewearl's mag will allower her to max those stats at level 200. I did this with only one God/Ability as well.

But I've got other mags in the making that will max DFP, MST, ATA, and LCK.. exactly as before but with a FOtastic twist. There are tons of different ways to re-arrange your stats, since new mags can always be made. You really should grab that stat manager application and decide for yourself. The application will tell you what you need to get there. Its really handy.

Ketchup345
Nov 21, 2003, 06:01 PM
On 2003-11-20 21:11, Joltox wrote:
If you want my opinion I wish to say to go with the Rati because it gives you a sense of defense when you look at it the right way.
Def/25 +25 Defense
Pow/50 +100 Attack
Dex/100 +50 Accuracy
Mind/25 +50 Mental Strength
This is the most perfect way to raise your mag because it gives you a defensive end and a better way to attack your opponent.
As far as item also I would have to say a God/Body,
2 God/Ability, and a God/Battle.
I have to agree with Zarana that Accuacy is the best on any hunter, but try to slap in a little defense and mental strength just to give yourself a better edge.

The 25 DEF is 20 levels wasted. 20 extra DFP means almost nothing, and those stats can easily be used to do something better. You can either use those 20 extra points into 10 ATA (20 DEX) or 40 ATP (20 POW). Defense is better off left for mats, since the DEF on a Mag only gives 1 point per level, vs. 2 DFP per mat.

Joltox
Nov 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
People, I understand where you all are coming from, but that is not my personality. I think more defensively than offensively. Attack power without alot of accuracy is dead when you are in a situation where you don't have God/Arms. But even if I did I would still follow this perception. I don't like to have to much power and then I only hit 2/6 for twin sabers and machine guns,and 1/3 for other certain weapons. But what I will acknowledge is that I will increase my defense from +20 to +40-+50 and increase my accuracy from lv100 to lv125-lv150. My power, however will stay below lv50. I will also leave the mind alone. If anyone does not agree with this then you think more differently than I.
To summarize, Everyone has their own unique style of any situation and it's these differences that make us want to become better when you think about it.