PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to use aol for pso

CoPsOleader
Nov 21, 2003, 07:22 PM
I read thi article that aol is gonna use GC for its isp.So will you be able to use it for PSO???I ed to know bc I need an isp badly and I only have aol. *CRIES*
theres the article

http://cube.ign.com/articles/437/437537p1.html

Rich_T
Nov 22, 2003, 05:27 AM
you wont be able to use it for PSO, the AOL deal appears to be no more than a promotional type thing.
if a full scale gamecube online service launches, then AOL might work, although afull on nintendo online service looks extremly unlikly.

As for getting your gamecube online, you need to ditch AOL and get an ISP.
to remove AOLs software from your P.C you need to save all your documents that you have on your p.c to a CD, format the harddriv ( making sure that you have the windows system CD) and then re-install windows, and all the hardware drivers from scratch.

DarkSoldier
Nov 22, 2003, 04:49 PM
Why didn't you just say NO?

Delsaber
Nov 22, 2003, 09:57 PM
There is a way, actually. There is a topic on these boards somewhere, just search them. It is a big detailed list of things to do.

Shake
Nov 28, 2003, 08:11 PM
It is possible with AOL broadband. Dial up, no. It uses some sort of encryption program to hide your true username and password. But this can actually be overcome.

polishedweasel
Nov 29, 2003, 06:49 AM
eww...AOL. I used to use MSN with PSO, doesn't that connect the same way as AOL?

Shake
Nov 29, 2003, 10:49 AM
My girlfriend uses MSN, and she doesn't need to change her original username and password at all. except she needs to add MSN to the beginning, but that is nothing...

Kasumi19
Dec 3, 2003, 03:48 AM
I know that you can connect and use PSO with AOL broadband and a router. The router will connect to aol and you hook the GC/Xbox to the router and then it will work like any other broadband connection. I am not sure on using a dialup with a GC. XBox does not use dialup at all and I have an Xbox. I have not had dialup ISP in years.