PDA

View Full Version : good or bad?

soccerdudegy
Nov 21, 2003, 08:48 PM
what do you all think about the 30 card limit? as far as i know that what it is. do you think it should be more or less, the number of cards u can bring into a match

RavenTW
Nov 21, 2003, 09:00 PM
30 cards is surprisingly small, as Yugioh and MTG all have way higher minimums. However, since the max card limit is 5 (can't possibly go higher), and you tend to keep all your action cards for Defense phases. Therefore, the 30 card minimum streamlines your deck for the cards you need, and let's you keep the cards you really need during your opponent's turn. So it kinda works out.

ragnarok
Nov 21, 2003, 09:38 PM
Thats true what Raven said

polishedweasel
Nov 22, 2003, 02:50 AM
Lost kingdoms ran off a 30 cards deck, and I rarely ever ran out of cards....I loved that game...then I traded it in.

SolRiver
Nov 22, 2003, 02:51 AM
i dont mind at all. if u can recycle 30 really doesnt matter... and besides, u still got ur character.

now ome to think... if no recycle and both side ran out of usable card... who would win? (if both on plain, no wep no mag no monsters so on) hunter? or arkz?

RavenTW
Nov 22, 2003, 07:08 AM
Either whoever ran out of cards first would lose, or they'd continue with the cards in play.

A2K
Nov 22, 2003, 09:35 AM
I'd have to actually play the game to make an opinion about the 30-card limit. That's just for a deck, right? You're allowed to keep many more cards on standby, right?

Malkavian
Nov 22, 2003, 12:15 PM
I think PSO Ep3 is much more dynamic and will have faster matches than typical TCG.

To me it looks like PSO Ep 3 is to TCG the same command&conquer is to RTS. An approach to the genre more dynamic, active and fast.

-STE-
Nov 22, 2003, 01:53 PM
30 cards is ok
if you have too much is easy insert all cards you want but when you have 30 only you must think how cards to use is important strategy

Zebulan7
Nov 23, 2003, 04:39 PM
thats true.
the turns are also timed so they will move "swiftly" in a way
like the Lost Kingdoms example: there were thirty cards in a deck, 100-202 cards avaliable: decks were made acording to the area you were about to vist i.e. in a volcano you would bring water b/c of fire monsters

In Ep3 there should be a whole lot more cards. I don't think stages will affect play, and you still have 30 cards. This will make chosing your cards more difficult.

I still wonder if there is a stadegy to choosing your cards. If the area does not affect, why not just put in rares or good monsters each time. Nothing can restrict you except your own level.

I think the cards are restored, otherwise techs would be pointless.

RavenTW
Nov 23, 2003, 08:33 PM
Strategy limits you from using all-rare montsers/weapons. You can't always have 6 AP to spend, which means those big meaties will have to wait for the rare occasions that it happens. In the meantime, you bring out weaker, lower-costing cards to run through your opponent.

Aunt_Betty
Nov 23, 2003, 10:58 PM
Good. I think 30 is enough.