PDA

View Full Version : why is this

LordMe
Nov 21, 2003, 09:15 PM
why do force's get 2 or 4 rifle type...it's stupid

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 21, 2003, 09:23 PM
If you're talking about Holy Ray and Bringer's Rifle... It's just to balance the game out and make things easier for melee FOs, I guess.

LordMe
Nov 21, 2003, 09:25 PM
if there melee why have a rifle?

Hrith
Nov 21, 2003, 09:30 PM
Trust me, a Rifle is awesome on a FOmarl *pets ANGEL HARP*

Lord_Sloth
Nov 21, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-11-21 18:30, Kefka wrote:
Trust me, a Rifle is awesome on a FOmarl *pets ANGEL HARP*

Maybe so! I'd rather have a Force with a Sword type!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Sloth on 2003-11-21 18:32 ]</font>

ThaRealest
Nov 21, 2003, 09:38 PM
whats a "melle" fo?

Lord_Sloth
Nov 21, 2003, 09:39 PM
"Melee" is close quarters combat! A Force is a sissy!

Put them together and you've got a sissfied warrior!

LordMe
Nov 21, 2003, 10:07 PM
LOL force's are not that weak

Krank40oz
Nov 21, 2003, 10:33 PM
LOl what u talking about, fos are soo much weaker then every other class. U get ur ass handed too u untill like over lv150. Compaired to everything else they are weak!

Hrith
Nov 21, 2003, 10:34 PM
Yeah, my FOmarl beats any Hunter beside HUcast anytime http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif bring it on !!

I use melee weapons more, true, but switching to ANGEL HARP/HOLY RAY/BRINGER'S RIFLE is nifty.

OniTatsujin
Nov 21, 2003, 10:36 PM
Fo's rule
they are strong
and could easily hand out pain in battle
so dont diss fo's
becuase Fo's kick ass

LordMe
Nov 21, 2003, 10:38 PM
On 2003-11-21 19:36, OniTatsujin wrote:
Fo's rule
they are strong
so dont diss fo's
becuase Fo's kick ass

only cuz they they took our rifle's

Lord_Sloth
Nov 21, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-11-21 19:36, OniTatsujin wrote:
Fo's rule
they are strong
so dont diss fo's
becuase Fo's kick ass

Fo's rule only over crap! And they still lose once in a while!

ShadowFOrce
Nov 22, 2003, 01:39 AM
I made a couple of fo's , they all sucked

polishedweasel
Nov 22, 2003, 02:39 AM
They're good for tech spamming, but you still can do more damage with a weapon with any character than you can with spamming Rafoie in every room. Melee fo's are better. Mine are.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 22, 2003, 10:44 AM
Every time I create a Force I get sick and tired of they're weakness and delete them at about Lv.20! Currently I have no Forces. Only Hunters!
Rangers are like a Force without spells!
But I like to use a RaMar with a Dex mag and Hell weapon!

ShadowFOrce
Nov 22, 2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah the FO's suck all they do is Tech Spam and kill everyone, how is that FUN?!

Solstis
Nov 22, 2003, 06:49 PM
*Shakes his head* Some people just don't get it.

Spider
Nov 22, 2003, 06:53 PM
Hmm.. I could imagine a melee fo being quite unusual, may try it some day, whats the best fo for melee?

polishedweasel
Nov 23, 2003, 03:58 AM
On 2003-11-22 15:13, ShadowFOrce wrote:
Yeah the FO's suck all they do is Tech Spam and kill everyone, how is that FUN?!

Do you enjoy sounding stupid all the time?

Scrub
Nov 23, 2003, 02:50 PM
Nah. The best way to make a FO is to max stat out your FOnewm and use G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS to kill everything in ultimate at level 80 without even having to use any techs but Shifta and Deband. And maybe the occassional Jellen and Zalure.

...e_e; Sorry. I won't come out of just watching you guys post again, I promise.

shinto_kuji
Nov 23, 2003, 03:15 PM
lmao my god some people are truly, for a lack of a more appropriate word, stupid. or you can call yourself ignorant if you want. fonewms or fomars, even fonewearls, are the strongest characters in this game. my fonewm in offline ultimate can kill anything with 3rafoie's. if you need further explanation, that means it takes about 5seconds to clear a room full of enemies. his rafoie (with rafoie merge) does almost 700damage per enemy in offline forest. considering that his rafoie hits every enemy in the room... well hopefully you can do the math. its mucho damage. online isnt any different, it only take 6-10rafoie's to kill any enemy thats weak against fire. gizonde and rabarta do alot of damage too. now dont forget that fo's are the ones that give you shifta and deband and jellen and zalure and anti and resta... also, in epII nothing beats a fo. megid kills everything. fo's are the strongest chars in the game, no arguments can be made. i find it hilarious you only lvl'd a fo to lv20 and decided that they suck.

LadyRedComet
Nov 23, 2003, 04:22 PM
Each character type is strong in their own way, so why won't people stop bitching about the character types they can't play?

My very first character was a FOnewearl. She kicked ass. She could kill everything by spamming her techs. But it wasn't very fun for me and as soon as anything got too close - BAM! Dead FOne. It ticked me off every time it happened.

So I switched to a HUne and found the character I was meant to use. My sister stuck to her FOnewearl...And now my HUne is just as strong, but in a different way.

In fact, my cousin (100% certified FOnewm rafoie-spammer) was hugely impressed by my HUne the first time he played with me. So impressed that he made his own Hunter. And hated it because he couldn't spam techs and actually had to have some amount of skill to play the game.

My point: NO CLASS IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER. IT ALL DEPENDS UPON THE SKILLS AND PREFERENCES OF THE PLAYER. So why don't you people just shut up?

Eihwaz
Nov 23, 2003, 04:40 PM
On 2003-11-23 13:22, LadyRedComet wrote:
Each character type is strong in their own way, so why won't people stop bitching about the character types they can't play?

My very first character was a FOnewearl. She kicked ass. She could kill everything by spamming her techs. But it wasn't very fun for me and as soon as anything got too close - BAM! Dead FOne. It ticked me off every time it happened.

So I switched to a HUne and found the character I was meant to use. My sister stuck to her FOnewearl...And now my HUne is just as strong, but in a different way.

In fact, my cousin (100% certified FOnewm rafoie-spammer) was hugely impressed by my HUne the first time he played with me. So impressed that he made his own Hunter. And hated it because he couldn't spam techs and actually had to have some amount of skill to play the game.

My point: NO CLASS IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER. IT ALL DEPENDS UPON THE SKILLS AND PREFERENCES OF THE PLAYER. So why don't you people just shut up?

Amen.

Most people who play with FOrces know this: they can tear stuff up like nobodies' business, but they can get mauled pretty fast if you're not watching yourself.

Personally, I like using HUs and FOs. Rangers are too boring for my tastes. HUs, like FOs, have pros and cons...they can shred stuff with blades, and take a few hits, but have trouble hitting stuff sometimes. RAngers are similar: they almost always hit, but don't do as much damage.

My FOnewm spams Razonde and Rabarta too, ya know. ^.^

shinto_kuji
Nov 24, 2003, 07:06 PM
yes every character is "strong" in their own way and i never said otherwise. however, fo's definetly kill rooms of enemies faster then any other class. i dont just play as fo, i also use hucast, hucaseal, and racaseal and they're fun to use but they still cant kill as fast as a fo. and a fo with its natural lv30 deband and jellen can take alot of hits. my fonm online or offline with deband and jellen either blocks every enemy or the enemy only does damage equal to 10-50hp or less so yeah, i can get mauled all day and not die. every character is good in their own accord. dont say, however, that it doesnt take skill to use a fo. its not all about tech "spamming" you know.

to try and answer the rifle question, id havto say that it was mainly to give fo's that want to play attacking fo somewhat of a choice in weps to use. its kind of like how they can use grass assasins and twin chahkrams, too. dont think they are stealing your good rifles because they aren't, lol. c bringer rifle, angels harp, and the other ones i cant think of atm arent worth worrying about. there are better rifles that only ra can use:]

bluedrakken
Nov 24, 2003, 08:04 PM
*fyi* i prefer a "humar" over any other hunter or class.

i agree with the few post ahead of me.
In pso each character is design for different fighting style(common sense) i think bashing on forces just because you like hunters is wrong. if a person hack or dupe whatever, its on that person.
"strength and defense alone don't determine the outcome of every battle"

Skorpius
Nov 24, 2003, 08:25 PM
On 2003-11-21 18:15, LordMe wrote:
why do force's get 2 or 4 rifle type...it's stupid

why is that stupid?
you lame Rangers and Hunters taking our Fatsia and Plantain leaf, Plantain Huge Fan too >O

but i hope you that dislike forces arent the ones begging for lvl 30 S/D...

Black000Moon
Nov 24, 2003, 10:18 PM
fos rule all u need is some defensive units so they dont die so fast maybe a heart series weapon when they need a tp recharge and a high lvl mst based mag with some defense on it and of course a good frame and barrier.....and appropriate level techs for where u are ie around foie lvl 7 ATLEAST for normal ruins. an example of a bad level disk is like lvl 4 barta on ultimate...

ladyjaderiver
Nov 24, 2003, 10:49 PM
Wow, I am amazed at the high level of maturity a lot of you possess. *coughyeahrightcough* It all depends on the player, like my sis, LadyRedComet said. I play a FOnewearl... But I also play a HUmar, HUcaseal, RAcaseal, HUnewearl and FOmarl(melee). All classes have their strong points and weak points, and everyone will never agree. So stop arguing and making yourselves look like morons.

RicoRoyal
Nov 24, 2003, 11:21 PM
On 2003-11-23 11:50, Scrub wrote:
Nah. The best way to make a FO is to max stat out your FOnewm and use G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS to kill everything in ultimate at level 80 without even having to use any techs but Shifta and Deband. And maybe the occassional Jellen and Zalure.

...e_e; Sorry. I won't come out of just watching you guys post again, I promise.

This person has the right idea. My FOnewm is being proffesionally trained to be one bad-ass melee FOrce. By lvl. 200 (which will take me approx 1 year to achieve with college and all), my FO will be able to dish out 1000+ damage with Angry Fist +50 (I found me one with 25% hit) on an Ultimate Ruins Arlan with one strong attack (using god battle and having 100 luck of course). The only reason alot of you people say FO's suck is because you give up too soon. Any FO past lvl. 100 severely destroy's the competition. Alot of you are missing the point of having lvl. 30 J/Z and S/D as well. I know alot of you will bring up the counter argument about him still getting smacked down by boomas. WRONG! By lvl. 150 with a Smoking Plate(Fonewm only,on the top 3 list for best armor) equiped my FOnewm wont even come close to getting pushed back by an Indi Belra hit online. On top of that, the plate will make traps visible.... So, I leave the discussion back were it was. Let's see someone refute all of that evidence now!

By the way... I forgot to state the obvious, NO CLASS IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CLASS! In saying that any class whatsoever "sucks", you(you know who you are) are just proving how ignorant and inexperienced you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RC4 on 2003-11-24 20:26 ]</font>

shinto_kuji
Nov 24, 2003, 11:28 PM
smoking plate doesnt make traps visible. and techs do more overall damage then if you use him as a melee fo.

RicoRoyal
Nov 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
On 2003-11-24 20:28, shinto_kuji wrote:
smoking plate doesnt make traps visible. and techs do more overall damage then if you use him as a melee fo.

Damnit! All that time looking for it and now I find this out.... oh well, still, it's better than this DF field I'm lugging around with me.Your absolutely right, techs were meant for FO's, that doesn't mean my FOnewm can't melee though. It does get repetitive to just nuke everything without a second thought.... hand to giant-delsaber-blade fighting is gonna be fun.

shinto_kuji
Nov 24, 2003, 11:44 PM
even though it doesnt make traps visible, smoking plate has the potential to be the strongest armor in the game. plus, its exclusive for fonewm so id use it even if it wasnt that good.

The_Pea_Guy
Nov 25, 2003, 04:22 PM
I don't understand why some people here really dislike Forces. In my opinion, Forces are the most interesting characters to use in PSO. I'm playing as a Fonewearl and she kicks ass with her mental techniques such as RaFoie, Zonde, Resta, and some of their techniques bring down large groups of enemies quicker then a Ranger with a photon shotgun or a Hunter with a large photon sword.

LadyRedComet
Nov 25, 2003, 04:56 PM
Hmm...guess I forgot to say that I have a level 48 FO...and he takes so long to cast his fucking gifoie that he gets hit no matter how much damage he does, and I am unable to dodge the attacks because he's still doing the stupid casting animation. But that doesn't mean I think FOs suck (that one instance doesn't mean I think they suck, anyway. It's personal online experience that tells me the people playing them generally suck). It means I think MY FO sucks.

Oh yes, I also left out the poor, forgotten RAzonde and RAbarta. *g*

EDIT: Also forgot to say that my sister's FO clears rooms just as fast as I can with my HUnewearl. Here's an equation for you:
gameplay speed = (player ambition + character level + weapon type/speed/# of enemies hit per combo)/# of enemies in the room
That's not a real equation, but it pretty much sums up how you can figure out the speed with which someone can clear a room. For example, a level 150 HU WILL always clear a room in ult than a level 80 FO. Unless, like all FOs I've met (except Jade's), the FO is tweaked to hell and back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LadyRedComet on 2003-11-25 14:00 ]</font>