PDA

View Full Version : Is Neo Dead?

zimmk2vgc
Nov 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
I think he is. I also think the entire matrix was destroyed by the exploding Smiths. But What I never got about the Matrix films is why the hell are they fighting to save a planet which is dead? It has never made any sense to me.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Nov 22, 2003, 03:31 PM
They are fighting for themselves.

NKOTB
Nov 22, 2003, 03:42 PM
They're fighting for their right to party! didn't you see the second one with all the dancing?

rena-ko
Nov 22, 2003, 04:37 PM
*laughs* the fourth one will start with a 30 minute party scene then.

i think neo is dead and will be fed to the humans in the farmplants... anyway, who cares.

Eum
Nov 22, 2003, 05:00 PM
I...

I am Neo.

DarthFomar
Nov 22, 2003, 10:58 PM
*In Arnold's voice* And I am...The Terminator!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neo is dead...but theres nothing stopping us from believing he could be alive, after all, it is a movie.

anwserman
Nov 23, 2003, 12:45 AM
Oh, he is alive. If he was dead, how would they come up with yet another sequel?

Dangerous55
Nov 23, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-11-22 21:45, anwserman wrote:
Oh, he is alive. If he was dead, how would they come up with yet another sequel?

Um, I dont think they are.

I could be completely wrong, but that has yet to happen.

anwserman
Nov 23, 2003, 01:20 AM
I know that they probably aren't making a sequel, but if you kill the main character you can assume the chances of making a 4th movie are gone... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Abaddon
Nov 23, 2003, 06:46 AM
a matrix without neo is like a terminator without arnie...or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garanz2
Nov 23, 2003, 08:33 AM
On 2003-11-22 22:20, anwserman wrote:
I know that they probably aren't making a sequel, but if you kill the main character you can assume the chances of making a 4th movie are gone... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's not nescessarily true. look at alien ressurection. Ripley dies at the end of 3, and is cloned at the start of resurrection.

I haven't seen revolutions yet, so i really shouldn't be reading this thread.

Auronius
Nov 23, 2003, 09:25 AM
On 2003-11-22 12:17, zimmk2vgc wrote:
why the hell are they fighting to save a planet which is dead?

Because they choose to.

HairProneHalo
Nov 23, 2003, 01:53 PM
He's alive! =O I saw him on E-True-Hollywood story, his hair grew, too....And he got his sight back!

BogusKun
Nov 23, 2003, 02:55 PM
I am The One

I am Yu Law

I am nobody's Bitch.

You... are mine

"I don't need to know who you are"

s.TiNgEr
Nov 24, 2003, 09:24 PM
Neo was destroyed, and so was Smith

Aredhel
Nov 25, 2003, 11:05 AM
The Rock is going to be the next Terminator - Arnold is to busy being the governator to star in any more of those silly movie things.

Mixfortune
Nov 25, 2003, 01:30 PM
Pfft... the "4th Matrix" movie, if they do make one, will most likely be a different story arc, or, as was said earlier, an Aliens Resurrection.

Neo is dead.

Omni-SqwirL
Nov 25, 2003, 01:54 PM
They ARE making another Animatrix, which is very nifty. that'll explain things with a lot more clarity than others have perceived ih the Trilogy. I already figured it out, the answer that everyone is asking. I'm pretty darn sure I'm right(80%), but I'm not going to post it until I am 100% sure.

BoUnCeR
Nov 25, 2003, 04:42 PM
On 2003-11-23 03:46, Abaddon wrote:
a matrix without neo is like a terminator without arnie...or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well, the animatrix is great and Neo isn't... well... we can say he isn't there. he appears on The Kid, but no big deal, the idea is apart

Kadou
Nov 25, 2003, 05:30 PM
Neo is as dead as, well, something that's not alive. Like someone said, he'll probably get fed to a few other people in capsules. That, or he'll be brought back to Zion so they can burn him or something.

To the person who said they think the Matrix got destroyed when Smith exploded: I don't mean to be rude, but you're an idiot. The Oracle, Architect, and Sati or whatever are in the Matrix at the end.

Also, the planet isn't "dead." The Architect agreed to let anyone who rejects the Matrix to go free, so one could assume that Zion's population would rapidly expand.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 25, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-11-23 03:46, Abaddon wrote:

Actually, there's a good chance that Mr. Schwartzenegger WON'T be in the 4th Terminator. A friend of mine had the old comic books. There were supposed to be 4 installments of The Terminator, the last of which deals with John Conner taking his position as the leader of the resistance against the machines.

Now, it's entirely possible that Arnold may come back for this one, but on the other hand, if he's still Governor of California when they decide to make it, he'll probably be absent, with the exception of *maybe* a brief cameo.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, and Neo is dead, The Architect got exactly what he wanted, The Matrix series is over. Get over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-11-25 14:52 ]</font>

Suppa_Buddha
Nov 25, 2003, 08:53 PM
When Neo entered the matrix were he had to fight Smith and when he saw all of the other Smiths I just wanted to hear him say, "Whoa."

ShadowFOrce
Nov 26, 2003, 04:24 PM
I killededededededed him

Shattered_weasel
Nov 26, 2003, 04:58 PM
Matrix = *insert word of suckyness here*

SorceressofTime
Nov 28, 2003, 06:39 AM
haha tisk tisk people need to think some more. i've already figured out this question among with others. XD (but then again, i could be slightly wrong)

Mustashi2278
Nov 28, 2003, 08:10 AM
Neo is dead. It's a trilogy right? The story ends at the 3th movie, neo is dead, man and machine make peace, end of story. If neo was alive, there would be a 4th movie, and this is a trilogy.

starhealer
Nov 29, 2003, 12:04 AM
On 2003-11-25 17:53, Suppa_Buddha wrote:
When Neo entered the matrix were he had to fight Smith and when he saw all of the other Smiths I just wanted to hear him say, "Whoa."

That...probably would have been funny.

When Neo and Trinity died, I cheered.

Neo is obviously dead. Think about it this way. Neo allowed himself to become Smith. Smith, in turn, was completely destroyed either:

a) because the head machine dude killed him by sending lots of blue light into Neo's body, therefore into the Matrix

or b) because he'd fulfilled his purpose and could then be deleted.

Now, if Neo is Smith, by default, he has to die. When you die in the Matrix, you die in the real world and I consider blowing up into thousands of little shards death.

I've never heard plans for a fourth Matrix movie...and wouldn't that completely ruin the idea of a trilogy were they to do so?

Then again, they could always make a prequel.