PDA

View Full Version : tired of games

darthsaber9x9
Nov 22, 2003, 07:05 PM
recently i have began to feel a bit...well i feel liek im almost giving up games. i havent brought any in ages, and the last one i played at home was pso. and i have become far too bored with that now. games just seem to entertain me less and less. i keep itching to play my guitar rather than pick up a pad. im nearly 16 now an i have been playign games since i was 7. games nowadays are just too...well thers nothing original or so it seems. id rather play the satrun and dreamcast- they have far superior games.

does anyone else feel the same way?

Shattered_weasel
Nov 22, 2003, 07:16 PM
I felt this way one time. Even polished told me he was bored of them. Even though he does always ask to play SSBM or PSO.

Abaddon
Nov 23, 2003, 06:28 AM
aye. I know what you mean mate. Games seem to hold my attention less and less nowadays. More often I prefer a game that i can pop on occasionally for a quick spin or team games. recently i've been playing a lot of 'capcom vs snk 2' which you can do a reasonable session in 10-20 mins, and multiplayer games. apart from that, i've turned off from the gruelling RPG's and long-winded story games. I'm sure i'll return to them sometime though.

KaFKa
Nov 23, 2003, 06:35 AM
i know how you feel. i haven't played pso in maybe three weeks. but i have been playing Cstrike. i can't really quit Cstrike mainly because its sort of a second income http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

polishedweasel
Nov 23, 2003, 10:16 AM
Go out, and get some booty. You'll feel better.

martian_man
Nov 23, 2003, 11:03 AM
l8ly i bin goin to ma m8s 2 play his drumkit instead then agen this appened b4 to me,ten weeks l8er i started playing agen and...well relost my life http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darthsaber9x9
Nov 23, 2003, 11:56 AM
i enjoy multiplayer much more, but i havent got anyone to play with at home. and most of my friends arent big on games, or have differeing games tastes. even with mplayer, i still get bored. ah well. im startign to see that theres more in THIS life rather than a virtual one

Skett
Nov 23, 2003, 12:18 PM
That happened to me, too. I didn't play any games for a week. But then I started to play F-Zero X and everything went back to normal. The conclusion is: old-school games are better than todays games.

This reply has been rated "E" for Edited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2003-11-23 09:31 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Nov 23, 2003, 12:37 PM
On 2003-11-23 09:18, Skett wrote:
That happened to me, too. I didn't play any games for a week. But then I started to play F-Zero X and everything went back to normal. The conclusion is: old-school games are better than todays games.

This reply has been rated "E" for Edited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2003-11-23 09:31 ]</font>

yeah thats pretty much it. old skool games are the best.

DarthFomar
Nov 23, 2003, 12:41 PM
Some people would refer to it as over-dosed, or burned out.

Trust me...the game phase will kick back in...in a matter of weeks. I have felt the same way you feel now. Several times, and I love games...but sometimes you gotta put em down and rest. Then pick it up after you've missed em long enough. Exercise, play instruments, draw, do someting until it kicks back in...or not at all lol.

If you really love games...after you get away from them for a while...you will come crawling back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Of course, this could all be depression. In that case you need to take some medication. n_n

Hope you feel better anyway lol!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-23 09:43 ]</font>

FeVer
Nov 23, 2003, 12:44 PM
ummm... i havn'ty played pso for like two weeks now... mainly because i've been playing Ragnarok online... gawd that game is addictive for being 2D charas on a 3D background. but then again i read all the ragnarok manga that has come out in the us... so yeah...

-Geshtar-
Nov 23, 2003, 12:51 PM
I hear ya...what I would do for some good old 2D adventure gameing again. I will never quit playing Secret of Mana (SNES). Its just been a favorite of mine for years. Also one day while my friend RL and I went to see a movie, we came a little early and decided to walk around town.

We came upon a laundry mat..eeh we dident have dirty clothes but we had an hour to waste. Luckaly there was some old killer games inside, rangering ((EDIT:: Rangeing, not range"r"ing...bah I just got off a 13 hour PSO session without sleep in two days...damn rangers::EDIT)) from Galiga to P42 ( I think..it was P42..maybe..P49? instead). Anyhoo we had alot of fun there and have been going there about every weekend to waste a couple dollars =).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Geshtar- on 2003-11-23 09:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Geshtar- on 2003-11-23 09:54 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Nov 23, 2003, 12:54 PM
On 2003-11-23 09:41, DarthFomar wrote:
Some people would refer to it as over-dosed, or burned out.

Trust me...the game phase will kick back in...in a matter of weeks. I have felt the same way you feel now. Several times, and I love games...but sometimes you gotta put em down and rest. Then pick it up after you've missed em long enough. Exercise, play instruments, draw, do someting until it kicks back in...or not at all lol.

If you really love games...after you get away from them for a while...you will come crawling back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Of course, this could all be depression. In that case you need to take some medication. n_n

Hope you feel better anyway lol!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-23 09:43 ]</font>

could u please explain the concept of exercise? lololi realyl should do sum of that... i keep meaingin to get sum weights, im realyl non muscly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif man thats depressing especialyl for a 16 year old male

DRAW!?!? ME!?!?! U THINK ID BE ROTTIGN AWAY HERE IF I COUDL DRAW!!?!!?*cough* sorry bout that lol

i need to get a new game...pso is dying, i cant get online, and its borign http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . thanks for the replies peeps!

HairProneHalo
Nov 23, 2003, 01:51 PM
oO; I had the same feeling,12 AM to 1:30 AM,then it went away.

NKOTB
Nov 23, 2003, 09:50 PM
I felt that way between the time I beat Zelda Ocarina of Time, and bought Project Gotham Racing.

I bought many games in between but they never did it for me. Halo - a game many seem to think is the greatest ever, was just ok in my opinion.

SSX Tricky, KOTOR, and PSOX, I really enjoy too.

Oh, and Animal Crossing and Monkey Ball.

SorceressofTime
Nov 24, 2003, 03:28 AM
my life is too occupied with playing games all the time but when i have that rare chance to, i'd be catching up on the games i need to finish. but not like before, i have a more variety of things to do in a week. :

BARTAmaster
Nov 24, 2003, 06:32 PM
Turn away from the dark-side! Never give up playing videogames! Its good for you!(-_-")