PDA

View Full Version : FOmar techniques

DarthFomar
Nov 23, 2003, 04:49 AM
I have a FOmar, and need some advice on which techs to put on the (R-trigger) menu. So far he has been mostly a half-breed *Techs and Weps* melee force. He uses Hildebears Cane *Foie*...and my (R-trigger) setup right now is: Deband, Zondie, and Special atk. The main techs are Resta, Atk., Hard Atk. They are all in the order listed from left to right as they are in the game.

Anyone got any suggestions?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-23 01:49 ]</font>

ShadowFOrce
Nov 23, 2003, 10:05 AM
Well usually I customize according to what level I am about to enter. Like on caves I put alot of foie based techs on and in mines I put alot of zonde based techs. But for the most part it is from left to right: Resta, Normal attack, Hard attack,

Other trigger: Rafoie, Grants, Gizonde

Butoden
Nov 23, 2003, 01:35 PM
Normal : Resta, Attack, Hard Attack
R-trigger: Zone, Foie, Barta

I don't use those Gi or Ra techniques. I hardly use any techniques than Resta with my Ranger anyways...

ThaRealest
Nov 23, 2003, 04:00 PM
well i have a Humar, and my first set is resta, attck, hard, attack...my trigger set p is rafoie, gizonde, fluids....Yes I am a Hunter, but i use techs at least 2 times in each room to make sure i get at least 1 hit on each enemy for exp.

Eihwaz
Nov 23, 2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I have a Mage (weap and magic wielder) FOmar. He's only in Hard Caves, but he's a fun char to play with. His set up is like this:

B: Resta
A: Weak Attack
X: Strong Attack
R+B: Gizonde
R+A: Gibarta
R+X: Gifoie

Depending on what area I'm in, I may change some of the techs accordingly. Tech-casting with the Soul Eater looks so cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shagbrother13
Nov 23, 2003, 05:15 PM
its depends where you are. My Fomar is in the hard ruins and is armed with G-Assassin Swords or Blades I can never remember which but any way I have it set up like this.
B- foie
A- hard attack
X- Special attack
R+B- resta (it always has been and It always will be!)
R+A- Gifoie (works great on hoards of claws)
R+X- barta
and I have my tech quick menu all set up so I can get to my other techs really quickly.
to set up your tech quick menu go to a tech and hit X and you can swicth it with any other techs.

Nai_Calus
Nov 23, 2003, 06:16 PM
It depends where you are and what you're doing:

Melee

A: Normal attack
X: Heavy attack
R+B: Difluid
R+A: Jellen
R+X: Zalure

Support:

A: Jellen
X: Zalure
R+B: Anti
R+A: Reverser
R+X: Random appropriate attack technique. Usually I have Gifoie or Foie there.

Attack, non-mines:

A: Gifoie
X: Gizonde
R+B: Grants
R+X: Barta

Attack, Mines:

A: Gifoie
X: Rafoie
R+B: Difluid
R+X: Rabarta

Just a suggestion, but this is what I've found to work for me. I really do not recommend mixing melee and techs, you just set yourself up for weakness unless you're L200 and maxed out. Focus on one or the other. If you do feel the need for techs, boost your power and ATA solely, and sort techs near the top that can be used tactically - Gizonde for Shocking, if shortcutted can be used for stunning. Rabarta for Freezing. Gifoie for setting up a nice wall of flames. *shrug*

DarthFomar
Nov 24, 2003, 01:40 AM
Well...I'm in Very Hard...lvl 45 FOmar.

When I cast my deband...only pure strength enemies can hit me *Hildebears, etc...Bosses*.

My stats are: * =rounded out

base atk 700*-equipped with Delsabers Buster=900*-Shifta casted=1100*
base def 400*-with armors=600*-Demand casted=700-800*
Hp is 550*
Tp is 920*
base mind 600-700*
base evasion 190-200*-armors=300*
base luck 40

All light, medium, and heavy techniques *basic, gi, ra* are over or just under lv 20
I have lvl 14 Grants, and the only Tech I don't have is Megid period.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-23 22:41 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 24, 2003, 03:52 AM
Really, as a FOmar, your main strength is the ability to use both your weapons and techniques effectively. Here's my setup (Xbox version):

X: Normal Attack
A: Heavy Attack

R+X: Jellen
R+A: Zalure
R+B: Difluids

I wouldn't recommend putting techniques on the action panel unless you're going into a boss fight where you need to spam the hell out of a specific technique (like Gizonde if you're fighting De Rol Le). Otherwise, you'll be using Jellen and Zalure mostly, using your weapons as your main offensive option. Because of the FOmar's combination of good ATP and level 30 techniques, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure are going to need to be cast almost all the time (although Jellen can sometimes get you killed, don't cast it unless you're sure you need to). This strategy is very TP-efficient, and is also very powerful if built right.

My FOmar (level 111) is a friggin' tank, the damage he takes is in the single-digits in Ultimate Forest and Caves.

DarthFomar
Nov 24, 2003, 03:59 AM
On 2003-11-24 00:52, Kent wrote:
Really, as a FOmar, your main strength is the ability to use both your weapons and techniques effectively. Here's my setup (Xbox version):

X: Normal Attack
A: Heavy Attack

R+X: Jellen
R+A: Zalure
R+B: Difluids

I wouldn't recommend putting techniques on the action panel unless you're going into a boss fight where you need to spam the hell out of a specific technique (like Gizonde if you're fighting De Rol Le). Otherwise, you'll be using Jellen and Zalure mostly, using your weapons as your main offensive option. Because of the FOmar's combination of good ATP and level 30 techniques, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure are going to need to be cast almost all the time (although Jellen can sometimes get you killed, don't cast it unless you're sure you need to). This strategy is very TP-efficient, and is also very powerful if built right.

My FOmar (level 111) is a friggin' tank, the damage he takes is in the single-digits in Ultimate Forest and Caves.

Damn...I can't wait to get to Ultimate to see what my Fomar can do. Single digits...thats awesome!!!

I like your idea of techs Kent. Especially the difluids thing. I always need to use em. Thanks for the info.

Nai_Calus
Nov 24, 2003, 05:03 AM
On 2003-11-24 00:52, Kent wrote:

(although Jellen can sometimes get you killed, don't cast it unless you're sure you need to).

I believe you mis-spelled 'Zalure'. Never -not- cast Jellen. ^_^;

Asia_Skyly
Nov 24, 2003, 12:22 PM
Because sooner or later you might play C mode, I suggest you get used to the following main set up:

X: Heavy Attack
A: Normal Attack

This C mode's default set up. Therefore, if you ever get into Time Attack C mode, that is one less thing to waste precious seconds on. Having Resta on the first page also means, that in the rare case of a Photon Blast (Forces rarely blast, even when melee), you will reduce the chances of blasting accidentally while trying to heal.

You mentioned your interest in being a Melee force. For that purpose, and from experience, I would suggest the following R set up:

R+X: Rabarta
R+B: Zalure

Rabarta is used mainly for the ability to freeze your enemies, irregardless of damage (even if it is for 0). Jellen and Zalure are constant and will become constants as you progress into Ultimate. At my level, I take 0 damage from most creatures when the Shifta and Deband as well as the Jellen and Zalure are on.

Last but not least, here is the sorted Technique list (while in Ragol, R-Y to bring the list of techs up. Press X to select the Tech of interest. Use the D pad to place the spell in the desired location. Press X again, to place the tech in its new location). This is extremely useful and should complement your basic set up.

Anti
Gizonde (Megid if at the Seabed)
Gifoie
Ryuker
Zalure
Jellen
Deband
Shifta

Hikara
Nov 24, 2003, 02:41 PM
I've got myself a FOnewearl, and my setup runs as follows:

A: Normal/Heavy (depends on where I am)
X: Special/Heavy (again, depends on what's on A)
R+B: Zonde
R+A: Foie
R+X: Barta

Then, on your R+Y menu, you have Anti on top, and support/stronger techs closer to the top. You can't have EVERYTHING on your thing at once, so make them easy to get to.