PDA

View Full Version : Meet MAXIMINA at 5:00pm est....

mj23thegoat
Apr 6, 2001, 07:00 AM
posted on gamefaqs...

From: MAXIMINA | Posted: 4/6/2001 3:30:00 AM | Mark for Moderation
I will be in Oberon, block 16, lobby 1 to answer questions today (4/6/1)... at 5:00pm. eastern standard time.

If you hate me, love me whatever... I will be there.

Small Print...
No, this is not a book-signing. Tickets will not be sold in stores. This is not the "things to come", just a meeting. First come first serve. Questions will be answered at my discression. parental guidance suggested. no substitutions exchanges or refunds. all your base are belong to us. why are you still reading this. never eat yellow snow.

From: MAXIMINA | Posted: 4/3/2001 2:40:42 AM | Mark for Moderation
I had another nice chat with Sega today...

Apparently someone DID find my guild card number (Not that it would be difficult, since I used
to have my own bounty hunting guild at nuclearnets.com), and complained to Sega with it... One of
my PSO serial numbers was actually "suspended" by the automated e-mail complaint system!
Ooooh... Scaaary...

I could have just waited until the suspension was over before using that PSO disk again, but
instead I have deleted that single character (The MAXIMINA that I used to send guild cards
out), since the banning system is serial-number wide, and I have gone to my backup
MAXIMINA (who's guild card has never been sent, and uses another serial/disk).

My primary PSO account with Sega has been marked so that any complaints sent about the old
guild card number will be immediately traced, recorded, and given no veracity whatsoever.
(Because they know that character no longer exists, and thus, can not be complained about by
anyone in good standing)

If you don't believe me (and I'm sure many won't), call Sega (1800-US-SEGA), go to the
SegaNet circuit (5), and ask for "Danny" (Head supervisor for PSO networks in the US). He
Usually comes in at 7:00 pm et. Ask him about my guild number (they don?t keep records by
character names). Or you can just complain to Sega with my guild number again "Daryl (CA),
Brandon (FL), Jason (OH), Shaun (AL), Alexander (CA)..." if those are your real names... I dare
you. This time they will be watching you. And so will I.

On a side issue...
The rumor that said I plan to deploy a virus that infects your VMU files, was only invented to get
your attention, and to get some of you to complain about me. I have no intension whatsoever of
deploying such a virus. Besides, for it to be effective, it would have to be an inside job, and I
don't work for the Sonic Team or SegaNet. Besides all that, If I were going to preform such a
travesty, wouldn't my drawing attention to myself be an idiotic thing to do... Think about it.

None of your theories thus far, have accurately predicted what my plans for PSO are. And
believe me, I have read them all. Those that have played with me will tell you, that I am a loyal,
and trustworthy person. I have never stolen from a single character... My intentions are good,
and so is my plan...

What I am planning for will cause no lag and no BSOD/FSODs. I'm making sure of that by taking simple tests (ie. the side-effect "AAAA")

As for angering the community? Don't you mean angering you!? It is impossible to please everyone in a crowd this large, and so I don't try to.

The reason for the mystery is obvious. It's the same reason hackers rarely post their individually created PK codes, for fear that they will be copied, and Sega will patch it. If I blab off, the plan will surely be a failure.

"When will it be done?" That, I am not even sure of (this month maybe?)... To be honest, there is only a 40% chance that it will work out. But if it does, all the effort will be worth it. And even I will be awe-strickened.

f0rge
Apr 6, 2001, 07:10 AM
that's pretty messed up...i wonder what he's going to do...hmmm...

MaximumBeef
Apr 6, 2001, 07:37 AM
I'll tell you what he's doing...

He's getting a full-on l33t h4X0r chubby.

Hacking is always rationalised by people saying that they "testing the system" and suchlike, and while they often are talented at what they do, it usually boils down to attention seeking.

Rio
Apr 6, 2001, 10:53 AM
<blockquote>
I'd like to note at this point that there is and always be a difference between Hackers and Crackers. The distinction is real, trust me.

A Hacker will play a 'prank' on you and then fix it.

A Cracker will play a 'prank' on you, laugh at you for being less 733t than he is, and leave you hanging.

Thank you Hollywood for continuing to fill today's youth with drek... :/
</blockquote>

MaximumBeef
Apr 6, 2001, 11:07 AM
Hell, hacker doesn't even mean hacker in the breaking systems sense...

But then I'm just being anally retentive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Sisqua
Apr 6, 2001, 11:37 AM
I'd agree more with your other observation. For hacker, insert 'attention seeking, self-serving twat'.

S.

AdamW
Apr 6, 2001, 06:49 PM
Maximina is definetly one of those. So he found a GS code that let's him mass mail. Wowee. His 15 minutes of fame would be over if the idiots didn't continue to egg him on.

Loki
Apr 6, 2001, 07:17 PM
whats with the bad image hackers get? seriously people not everyone is out for attention. some people just want information. This guy hasnt done ANYTHING. I guarantee you. all he has is a gameshark and a lot of time. Im willing to bet everything he claims to have done, or to be planning is all bs.

Archer_Hedge
Apr 6, 2001, 07:47 PM
The stuff that he does only drives other script kiddies to work on stuff that could put the PSO system at risk. As for the mass mail code, do you want simple mail SPAM each time you log in?

CASH
Apr 6, 2001, 08:14 PM
I doubt its even the real MAXIMINA. Its probably someone that made a character named MAXIMINA, after all that mail stuff happened. If you ask me, its a cheap way to get attention.