PDA

View Full Version : Forces DO rock, don't they...

Trianth
Nov 24, 2003, 04:38 PM
My second PSO character is a lv.31 FOmarl. I've been finding a lot of high powered techs with my main character, so I decided to transfer them over to her. Well, now that I did that, I have lv.21 Foie, lv.17 Zonde and Barta, lv.6 Anti, and some disturbingly good level of Resta. Those are just the ones I gave to her THAT SHE COULD USE AT THE MOMENT! I have a lv.27 zonde in the bank, along with lv.15+Grants and all the other techs. I can do over 460 damage to Booma's on Normal now (with Foie) and over 230 to the dragon with Barta! Oh, how I love FOmarls and HU's. Oh, by the way, my main character is lv. 97 HUmar and wields a DELSABER combination, and my FOmarl wields a HILDEBEAR'S CANE, 4 Angel/Mind++'s, and a BARTA MERGE http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zalana
Nov 24, 2003, 04:46 PM
I'm glad you appreciate the wonderful class of Forces but, it would have been more pleasant if you picked a FOnewearl. *sniffles* But, hey FOmarl is a good runner up choice especially with the Grants boost. *._.*

Trianth
Nov 24, 2003, 04:49 PM
yeah, I was thinking of making a FOnewearl, but I wanted to re-create my first character I had on DC. I named my FOmarl Trianth_Rbrn (rbrn=reborn). I'm getting a new memory card soon, so I probably make a FOnewearl and a FOnewm then.

Nambrosia
Nov 24, 2003, 04:50 PM
I like FOmars. And yes A good force does rock.

bob__phil
Nov 24, 2003, 05:08 PM
A good force can be very very powerful

HUmars R still my favorite

Da_Wrecka
Nov 24, 2003, 05:33 PM
Forces also have an advantage over every other class in the game in that when they finally reach Ultimate, they can start kicking several shades of ass immediately, unlike the other classes which have to level in VHard until around L70-75 or so before they can clear a room at appreciable speed. My second FOnewearl reached Ultimate at around L45 and was immediately able to get through and beat the shit out of Forest and Sil Bob IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CREDITS. I ventured into Mines with her at L61 and she was kicking several shades of ass right up until Dal Ra Lie. Nothing was stopping her until then.

In short, whether you're online playing support or offline just wasting shit, a good Force kicks ass.

Nambrosia
Nov 24, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-11-24 14:33, Da_Wrecka wrote:
I ventured into Mines with her at L61 and she was kicking several shades of ass right up until Dal Ra Lie.

Eh? Did you mean Caves? And out of all my characters at equitable levels, I've found my FOmar beat VHard Dark Falz the easiest. ^^

LordMe
Nov 24, 2003, 05:44 PM
well i thnk that there ok...they took our rifle's

Sketch
Nov 24, 2003, 05:48 PM
I love using Force's! Espically the FOnewm, he's so awesome. Although, I'm getting into the Habit of using Androids, the whole HP reviving thing has me in love with them, I'm so use to not using Tech's. though.

joncushing
Nov 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
YAY! FO's do rule and deserve some respect dammit!!! And yes they do own ultimate COMPLETLY!

Jason
Nov 24, 2003, 06:16 PM
On 2003-11-24 14:08, bob__phil wrote:
A good force can be very very powerful

HUmars R still my favorite

Yeah, ditto. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

echo-2003
Nov 24, 2003, 06:29 PM
I too love Forces. My first was a FOnewearl(lvl139) and I just the other week created a FOnewm(lvl43).
My other two characters to round out my team are the HUcast and RAmar which I enjoy using as well but not as much as my two forces.

My FOnewearl can do almost about 700+ points of damage on ultimate easily and my FOnewm who is on VeryHard (which isn't all that hard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) can do about 3-400.

It is just so gratifying to go into a room, chalk full of enemies and about 10 secs later the room is VERY silent http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lord_Sloth
Nov 24, 2003, 06:56 PM
Yeah Forces rock allright! All the way to the morgue where most of the Force populous hangs out at!

shinto_kuji
Nov 24, 2003, 07:21 PM
let me ask you a question lord sloth... have you ever even played as a force? and if you have, what lvl did you get him or her to?

Rep0
Nov 24, 2003, 07:36 PM
I never really played my Force offline. However, yesterday my internet was down and I deciced to go and beat caves with my FOnewearl. About 45 minutes later I was at the ruins... yes, forces do rock

ThaRealest
Nov 24, 2003, 07:40 PM
Fo's are definatly kick ass...it would be oFf tha heezy if when you reached lvl 200 you could unlock the Super Charecter...equip any item...all lvl 30 techs...sounds cool eh? It may be unfair, but shit if you make it to lvl 200 you deserve it ...

dArKrEaVeR
Nov 24, 2003, 07:48 PM
[yes i myself adore a force character, if i were a phantasy star char in real life id be a force char, probaly a fonewearl type. after all fonewearl if my choice of character to play as in pso, idont know why i guess its the magic and weps that make them unique to the others. My highest lv character a fonewearl named Psyangel is a character i fell in love with the first time i created it, its only lv 113 but its well tamed, its foie does like 600 damage on ultimate all i need is more leveling up and i will be happy. i already have the rarest armors for it, once again my choice of char is fonewearl by the way your chars name reminds me of my corrupted char shadowecho which i miss, if your not part of a team/guild i wont mind having you on my guild/team, im recruiting anyway!!!

Eihwaz
Nov 24, 2003, 07:50 PM
Yes, FOrces do rock.

My Lv.83 FOnewm can nuke his way fairly easily through both Ult Forest and Caves. He's not quite ready for Mines yet...but he should be doing better once I get that Prophets of Motav in a Trade...

And my Lv.30 FOmar kicks a good amount of ass as well. Through a combination of the Soul Eater, Gifoie/Gizonde/Gibarta, a Double Saber, and a balanced Nidra Mag, Arc can pwn anything in Normal, and most things in Hard um Forest...

Forces>j00

Anyone who disses FOrces without having played as one is a n00b.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-24 16:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-24 16:52 ]</font>

Delsaber
Nov 24, 2003, 08:45 PM
Hell, my FOmar melees in Spaceship with the greatest of ease with the Red Saber. The only thing in there that can hit me are Baranz and those damned Delsabers. The Delsabers only do around 20 damage. All I have to do is use a little shifta/deband then Jellen them and I deflect most attacks.. Hell, I deflect Arlan's, Merlan's, Del-D's attacks 80% of the time. I love my FOmar and my Old FOnewm. FOmar is my favorite force character. My overall favorite would be HUcast as of now, but I change from HUcast to HUmar..

Lord_Sloth
Nov 24, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-11-24 16:21, shinto_kuji wrote:
let me ask you a question lord sloth... have you ever even played as a force? and if you have, what lvl did you get him or her to?

I have a force at lvl.11! I used to have a Fonewearl at lvl. 27! I thaught they were both sissies! I also had a FoMar at one time! I got to lvl.20! He was also a sissy!
So yes! I have played the impudent little fools!
But if it helps I'm more fond of playing them than Rangers!

In short!

I"M A HUNTER THROUGH AND THROUGH!

DOG21313
Nov 24, 2003, 09:41 PM
On 2003-11-24 18:14, Lord_Sloth wrote:

I have a force at lvl.11! I used to have a Fonewearl at lvl. 27! I thaught they were both sissies! I also had a FoMar at one time! I got to lvl.20! He was also a sissy!

In short!

1. You dont have to put exclamation points after EVERY SENTENCE!

2. I'd say if you didn't get that FO to a higher level, then you didnt really experience it. I have a FOmar (lv 49! lol) And he kicks. I gave him a power mag and he kicks in N, H, and VH. Hes melee too.

Rep0
Nov 24, 2003, 09:42 PM
In short!

Yeah, because we all know that level 11, 27, and 20 show the true potenital of a class

lain2k3
Nov 24, 2003, 09:50 PM
On 2003-11-24 18:14, Lord_Sloth wrote:

In short!

lvl 20 is like an hour and a half total time...and you kinda arent supposed to melee with super low level forces...

I love my new fonewm. Made him friday night, got into ult by sunday morn. at level 42.

I also have a Fo marl that got into ult at level 46, but she's more of hunter than a force. She totally owns the ult forest at lvl 55.

Black000Moon
Nov 24, 2003, 09:51 PM
yea forces OWN especially FOnewearls oh damn love looking up those skirts especially on the fake in yellow quest when if you go back to ragol and see all those rappies staring at something which is the chao that is the perfect chancee to see up it.......mmmmmm....

shinto_kuji
Nov 24, 2003, 09:56 PM
yes, lord sloth definitely doesnt need to put an exclamation point after every sentence. take some meds or something to calm yourself down. im sorry, but you have no experience playing as a force. lv11, 27, and 20 give you no idea how well a class can be. id say you need AT LEAST lv100 or so to determine that. i had a fomar lv132 that corrupted, i now have a fonewm lv163 and a fomar lv93, so i have some experience as a force, you don't. get some knowledge and experience behind your statements before you say something sucks.

LordMe
Nov 24, 2003, 09:56 PM
i got a FOnewm LV35 on hard(don't play him that much)

hmmmm not as good as a HUmar or RAmar

Robo47
Nov 24, 2003, 10:00 PM
My lv 200 FOnewearl is teh r0xx0rs
^
sadly mostly recoboxed.... for 2 levels!

And my 2 FOmars, da'_Pope and Arch are ass kickers even if they are only level 10!

BTW da'_Pope only uses the Grants spell with melee
and Arch uses Megid and melee.
They are Skyly and Redria the two asskickng SecID's!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-11-24 19:05 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Nov 24, 2003, 10:16 PM
It's true - a GOOD FOrce rocks. Forces that just come into a room and cast rafoie and get back out suck. That's why I don't play online often, even though I could.

bob__phil
Nov 24, 2003, 10:34 PM
If only there was an android that was a force

that would be a power worth talkin about

Zalana
Nov 25, 2003, 01:45 AM
On 2003-11-24 19:00, Robo47 wrote:
^

And my 2 FOmars, da'_Pope and Arch are ass kickers even if they are only level 10!

I took a look at your profile and was amazed at 4 Lv200 characters! Anyways it's great that there's so many FOnewearl users out there makes me so happy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Doomed2k
Nov 25, 2003, 04:56 AM
I've got to say, FOrces are good characters. They have all their good point in their spells and all, but I got bored of them. I'd rather just play my RAcasual. As long as no one in the battle is a idiot and uses max stats, super hacked items, or tons of zonde, she owns. Anyways, there are so few RAcasuals online PSO that there a rarity theirselves.

RFB
Nov 25, 2003, 05:14 AM
On 2003-11-25 01:56, Doomed2k wrote:
RAcasual. RAcasuals.

¬_¬ They're named "RAcaseal", not RAcasual, unless you want to become a casualty or such thing (ok, poor joke, you can punch me).

And about the forces... yes they do rock, etc etc, but PLEASE stop talking about that! In the time I've been here, there has been like, what, 15 trheads about how really good they are? Isnt there anything else to talk about? For christ sake, please, no more pro-FOs threads...

Nai_Calus
Nov 25, 2003, 06:31 AM
If I make a few Anti-FO threads, will that cancel out all the pro-FO threads?

And Forces do indeed pwn muchly. I like my RAmarl, too... My HUmar still sucks and always will, but I wuv him anyways. Heh.

DarthFomar
Nov 25, 2003, 07:45 AM
Yes forces are awesome...right now my FOmar is in Very Hard and he is lvl 46. No one can touch him. He is invulnerable even to Dark Belra's...and all of his high level techniques are over 20, or are just under *18-19*...which I had saved from my Pinkal Ramar.

My techs hit at over 300-400 depending on which type of monster I use them on...

Forces can also be really powerful with weapons...with Shifta cast and a Delsabers Buster equipped on my FOmar his atk is over 1,000. Just imagine when I am able to use the Red Saber+78.

Forces are my favorite class, and the fomar is my personal choice...but all the forces are awesome.

Tilldawn
Nov 25, 2003, 10:47 AM
i had a lvl 35 FOmar, and he did kinda suck BUT thats because i wasnt use to forces so i made a hunter got him to round lvl 116 then decided to go tech hunting, so after i found round lvl 21 techs i made a FOnewearl and made a lvl 155 mind mag now she is at lvl 82 i think... but does 803 foie damage to a bartle in ult forest, oh her techs is at lvl 30 now from wizard tech http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif FORCES TO ROCK

Kemon
Nov 25, 2003, 01:07 PM
i love my FOmar! lvl 100 whitill sooostrong.

Robo47
Nov 25, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-11-24 22:45, Zalana wrote:

On 2003-11-24 19:00, Robo47 wrote:
^

I took a look at your profile and was amazed at 4 Lv200 characters! Anyways it's great that there's so many FOnewearl users out there makes me so happy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

About my 4 lv 200 characters, me and a bunch of friends kept playing offline with them and every 20 levels I got them to the next difficulty level, beating every quest for each difficulty too, then when they were around level 156-179 (my friends moved when they were level 95-102) I did TTF runs like crazy. like previously stated, I did Recobox, but for only two levels. Besides who would want to sit there forever shooting a damn box?

If you want to know what their weapons are just ask.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-11-25 11:28 ]</font>

Hikara
Nov 25, 2003, 02:48 PM
Forces shall rule over all!! I've never seen another character do as much damage as fast as my little FOnewearl does. My friend, a HUmar, can do 400 with a heavy attack, but that's rather slow. My Foie does over 333 damage just as fast as a normal hit!! I love it!

Oh, and screw the Angel/Mind++. Get yourself a few Wizard/Techniques. Heh, I've got 3 equipped. It's fun to watch your enemies squirm under your power as all your skills suddenly jump 3 levels.

KaFKa
Nov 25, 2003, 03:01 PM
i fail to see why people love forces so much. you talk about your techs... thats what they're supposed to do. Fo=tech if you guys have to keep bullshiting yourselves about how thats some kind of special thing then i pity you.

...just my 2 cents

Trianth
Nov 25, 2003, 03:04 PM
I have five Wizard/Technique's, I just don't use them...are they really that good? I'll probably equip a couple of those on my force, then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

starhealer
Nov 25, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-11-25 12:01, KaFKa wrote:
i fail to see why people love forces so much. you talk about your techs... thats what they're supposed to do. Fo=tech if you guys have to keep bullshiting yourselves about how thats some kind of special thing then i pity you.

...just my 2 cents

Yes, Forces are about techs. But you must give props to those who can take a FOnewearl and melee with her--and do it well. And melee FOmars and FOmarls are just as deserving of praise, cause let's face it--they're still a Force. Forces are the only class that you can really remove from their element and still do decent with.

Now, if a HUmar or something took on the challenge of going through the game with nothing but his lousy techs, I could see a reason for him to talk about it.

Besides, when you think about it, techs don't add up to much. Sure, I can smack a Bartle's ass down with my Foie, but it only hits once, whereas the Hunters have three hits that can possibly do the same amount of damage per hit that my one Foie did.

Forces have it hard. They deserve to brag when they do well.

Robo47
Nov 25, 2003, 06:37 PM
On 2003-11-25 13:30, starhealer wrote:
Now, if a HUmar or something took on the challenge of going through the game with nothing but his lousy techs, I could see a reason for him to talk about it.

Or a ranger with bladed weps.

shinto_kuji
Nov 25, 2003, 08:05 PM
no foie doesnt do much, thats why theres the ra and gi series of techs. they nearly always hit every enemy in the room or in a group and thats why techs are good. single techs aren't, but when you add the damage done to every enemy with a ra or gi techs, it gets up into the thousands of points of damage. and no, techs aren't especially special, but i dont think anyone has actually said that. techs are strong, thats all there is to say, soooo... enough said, end of post, hopefully end of thread. bada bing bada boom:]

Doomed2k
Nov 25, 2003, 08:26 PM
Sorry, I don't think when I type fast, so I make minor errors like RAcauseal and stuff like that all the time. Still, i'm not anti-FO or approve of FOs. They have there good sides, just as hunters and rangers have theirs. I just prefer a RAcaseal.

OniTatsujin
Nov 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
Fo's are great classes
and shinto.....umm..dude..foie is good when your fonewearl, and same with barta, and zonde is best for picking off enemies who cant see you, but oyu can still kill them...
i think the simple techs are really good

oh and people STOP WITH THE Bring on the Focast!
YOU CANT HAVE ONE!
unless you want a useless robot that can't cast spells or use good weapons...it is just..there...

BullKathos
Nov 25, 2003, 09:07 PM
Yes, forces are good characters, their only downside is that unless you have a mind mag, you need a hellovalot of meseta to keep your fluids stocked. Then you get cut off of monofluids. Thats when it starts to suck.

Forces do pwn, but unless you have tons of mana its hard to keep em alive in the think of battle without having to run around a bit while u punch a few difluids. At higher levels it can take ur whole stock out just to fill the bar.

KaFKa
Nov 25, 2003, 09:19 PM

Forces are the only class that you can really remove from their element and still do decent with.

really? i seem to have a HU class char that can pwn everything with her tecs just as well as her weps. But with you saying that FO are the ONLY classes capable of that, it really makes me wonder if you have played any other classes past 20.

....and yes, it is funny to watch a little FOnney melee with bartles. but thats in forest for god's sake. forest=runt of the ep1 family. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Nov 25, 2003, 10:12 PM
On 2003-11-25 18:19, KaFKa wrote:

Forces are the only class that you can really remove from their element and still do decent with.

really? i seem to have a HU class char that can pwn everything with her tecs just as well as her weps. But with you saying that FO are the ONLY classes capable of that, it really makes me wonder if you have played any other classes past 20.

....and yes, it is funny to watch a little FOnney melee with bartles. but thats in forest for god's sake. forest=runt of the ep1 family. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yep, rangers, most notably the RAmarl and RAcast, can do pretty damn well meleeing.

and a HUnnys techs have great potential with 1177 MST, a merge, and maybe a rikas claw

not easy to find, but thats a sixty percent bonus to gifoie lvl 20 with 1177 mst.
Good stuff.

Robo47
Nov 26, 2003, 02:16 PM
YOU CANT HAVE ONE!
unless you want a useless robot that can't cast spells or use good weapons...it is just..there...

Actually, if there were a FOcast it would have the most power of the forces and they'd be able to use techs just like in the previous Phantasy Star series.
Trust me it is possible.But it would be way cool to play offline with a FOcast, because if you had low health, you could get up and walk away from your game to get a snack or something, then after an amount of time you come back and your HP and TP bars are filled back up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 02:20 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:16, Robo47 wrote:

YOU CANT HAVE ONE!

Actually, if there were a FOcast it would have the most power of the forces and they'd be able to use techs just like in the previous Phantasy Star series.
Trust me it is possible.But it would be way cool to play offline with a FOcast, because if you had low health, you could get up and walk away from your game to get a snack or something, then after an amount of time you come back and your HP and TP bars are filled back up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i would love that FOcast to death if that was possible

Kent
Nov 26, 2003, 04:41 PM

YOU CANT HAVE ONE!

Ugh... Okay

1.) Android = No MST, and thus, no TP. We aren't talking previous Phantasy Star games here, this is PSO. Seriously, how many links do you see between PSO and PSI-IV?

2.) You don't get the best variety of weapons as a Force, though there are some powerful ones that can be made available (Angry Fist, S-Rank Twin, etc.).

3.) Yeah, you would regenerate HP because you're an Android, but you wouldn't be able to regenerate TP because, for starters, you aren't a Newman, and second, you won't have any TP to begin with because of your zero MST.

4.) No MST, no TP, not as much power as a Hunter... It's a stupid idea, it's pretty much the exact opposite of what Forces were intended to be: Caster characters (either pure or hybrid).

An Android Force is just completely illogical by any means, it'd be less stupid to just make a whole new class, that only Androids can be, that use special attachments as weapons and get tons of traps. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 04:43 PM
...or just use traps that mimic techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OniTatsujin
Nov 26, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-11-26 13:41, Kent wrote:

YOU CANT HAVE ONE!

Ugh... Okay

1.) Android = No MST, and thus, no TP. We aren't talking previous Phantasy Star games here, this is PSO. Seriously, how many links do you see between PSO and PSI-IV?

2.) You don't get the best variety of weapons as a Force, though there are some powerful ones that can be made available (Angry Fist, S-Rank Twin, etc.).

3.) Yeah, you would regenerate HP because you're an Android, but you wouldn't be able to regenerate TP because, for starters, you aren't a Newman, and second, you won't have any TP to begin with because of your zero MST.

4.) No MST, no TP, not as much power as a Hunter... It's a stupid idea, it's pretty much the exact opposite of what Forces were intended to be: Caster characters (either pure or hybrid).

An Android Force is just completely illogical by any means, it'd be less stupid to just make a whole new class, that only Androids can be, that use special attachments as weapons and get tons of traps. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

finally, someone with a brain around here

Lord_Sloth
Nov 26, 2003, 07:45 PM
On 2003-11-24 18:41, DOG21313 wrote:
1. You dont have to put exclamation points after EVERY SENTENCE!
2. I'd say if you didn't get that FO to a higher level, then you didnt really experience it. I have a FOmar (lv 49! lol) And he kicks. I gave him a power mag and he kicks in N, H, and VH. Hes melee too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.I like putting a ! after my sentances! I hate periods! Especially when my sister gets one! She's an even greater bitch than she alwready is!

2.I have level 20 anything is better than lv. 20 Force.

I just on't like forces! Did I mention my lvl. 20 force had a lvl.200 mag? With 150 top mind? As well as 4 Angel minds++?
I have played a force with all spells at lvl.14 or better! I still think they suck!

shinto_kuji
Nov 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
OniTatsujin> yes i know basic techs are good with fonewearl, hell even ra and gi techs are descent with her. i was more or less responding to the previous post that stated techs don't add up to much since foie only hits one enemy. just saying how ra and gi add up to alot even if they don't do as much on one enemy as a basic tech.

and uhm, lord sloth... i want a raise of hands by people who think hes just getting really annoying.

joluh
Nov 26, 2003, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah, Forces are the best Characters in the game =D, no questions about it, and all can meele, EVEN the FOnewearl, only IF you know how to play, also they're not easy to use, actually Forces are pretty hard to use, create one, and get him/her to ult without help of any other character, i mean, don't give to your new force high lvl disks, weapons or anything, and O_O it's hard to use them, but when you know how to, no one will survive when your Force is around ^_^, also lvl30 Deband + Jellen = Invincible, i love those techs =D

Also they're the best looking characters in the game, they have the looks, they can meele, they have great power, what else would you want!?!?

Oh and btw my Faves are FOnewm and FOnewearl =D, then FOmarl and FOmar ((in that order))

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-11-26 19:50, joluh wrote:
Also they're the best looking characters in the game, they have the looks, they can meele, they have great power, what else would you want!?!?

a char that takes some skill to use correctly.

FOs are simple to use, the program goes like this:
run into room
tech spam
use fluids
tech spam some more
go back to p2 when you're out of fluids
go back and tech spam

it's just that simple with a force. although its not as simple as rangers:
shoot
go back through doorway
shoot some more

joluh
Nov 26, 2003, 11:25 PM
On 2003-11-26 19:56, KaFKa wrote:

On 2003-11-26 19:50, joluh wrote:

a char that takes some skill to use correctly.

FOs are simple to use, the program goes like this:
run into room
tech spam
use fluids
tech spam some more
go back to p2 when you're out of fluids
go back and tech spam

it's just that simple with a force. although its not as simple as rangers:
shoot
go back through doorway
shoot some more

Ok, first some enemies are weak against some techs, while you can Rafoie some enemies and doing like 200-500, other enemies won't take even 1, and will attack you, then when on Ruins, Sorcerers are weak only to Grants, and they won't appear alone, they always appear with other enemies, so you'll have on B A X something like Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, and on R+ B A X, probabbly fluids, resta, other tech, but sometimes you'll need like 7 techs, so you'll have to use the quick menu trying to find the tech while the enemies are running behind you, also remember the uber low hp of the Forces X_x' and if you run out of fluids, you're death, at least that's not such a big problem for the newman forces, as they can regenerate TP, just 10 and cast Ryuker, but what about the poor human force with less than 10 TP, no more fluids, and no telepipes, sounds hard to happen but it happens, not to me but to others

Also on the low levels Forces are the weakest characters in the game, yeah they are, so it's hard to keep them at the beginning

And it's not easy to find all the techs in high levels, it's a long way, and do not forget about the merges, natural boosts, weapons with boosts, and more stuff like that

So NO!!! it's not that easy to use a Force, and like i said, make one and don't tweak him/her ^_^ you'll have more fun, trust me

Well i know other characters are hard to use too, but not that hard, i have use HUmar lvl100+, HUnewearl lvl50+, RAmarllvl50+, RAcaseallvl105, FOmarl lvl70+ and FOnewmlvl110, I just have RAcaseal and FOnewm now, the others got deleted, and all of them are easy to use, exept for androids and forces, also androids shine at higher levels, as you can get a lot of hp by they regenerate hp option, they can see traps, so you won't get killed by them, and that's a big help on Mines and Ruins, and Traps, what would and android do without traps!??!, also i've used all the other characters but they didn't went over lvl15, that's why i don't count them, so i've used almost all of the characters, and my opinion it's that Forces are the hardest characters to use; after them, the Anroids of both clases; and then the other 4 ones, because they have good stats to meele and with the power of their techs, they're plain easy, just shitfa+deband, jellen+zalure A B B A B B resta A B B A B B resta, and so on =P

((Note to mysefl: Hmmm until i posted something looong, just about time, i was getting inactive XD))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-11-26 20:29 ]</font>

Spider
Nov 27, 2003, 12:18 AM
Not the biggest fan of forces, but picked up a new memory card today and gonna make a melee force, fomar is the best for a melee force aint it?

RFB
Nov 27, 2003, 04:40 AM
FOmar or FOmarl, They're both the best for meleeing.
FOmar has the greatest ATP, but the worst ATA. FOmarl has the econd greatest ATP and a high enough ATA, at least higher than the FOmar. Anyway it's up to you.

And about the FOcast thing, wasnt it discussed over in an old thread? for christ sake...

Oh, and forces are NO WAY the easiest charachters to control. You've gotta always keep a total vision of the situation or the enemies, because a single hit can decide your destiny. You have to be careful with enemies that shoot from the far distance, always keeping an eye over them to avoid their shots, because once again, that single hit can decide your detiny.

lain2k3
Nov 27, 2003, 08:35 AM
On 2003-11-27 01:40, RFB wrote:
always keeping an eye over them to avoid their shots, because once again, that single hit can decide your detiny.

not if you use jellen...

and fomarls are definately the best mele FO's.

better HP, DEF, ATA than fomar.

Robo47
Nov 27, 2003, 08:53 AM

Ugh... Okay

Don't be a fool! They wpould make an exception for the FOcasts! And by the way, you dont have to be a newman to regain TP, my FOmar regains TP!
And who said you had to have a connections from PSO to PS1-4? Huh? Who? SOMEBODY TELL ME!
See, there's a problem with geniuses, you can solve scientific and math problems but you cant figure out that you're not Sega or at least Sonic Team!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-11-27 06:01 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Nov 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
On 2003-11-27 05:53, Robo47 wrote:

YOU CANT HAVE ONE!

Ugh... Okay

Don't be a fool! They wpould make an exception for the FOcasts! And by the way, you dont have to be a newman to regain TP, my FOmar regains TP!

A) Your FOmar is hacked
or
B) your useing a TP/Revival

And a FOcast would not deserve an exception, because then that is unfair to all the other classes.

Robo47
Nov 27, 2003, 09:00 AM
Wrong Answer!!!

And with a comment about FOcast no deserving an exeption, consider this:
HUmars are the main character for the duper/h4x0rs
RAmars are idolized by most people as the best class
And melee FO's are mostly overrated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-11-27 06:19 ]</font>

Delsaber
Nov 27, 2003, 07:38 PM
Your FOmar cannot possibly regenerate TP without the aide of a TP/Restorate or something along those lines... Who idolizes RAmars to be the best class in the game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-11-27 16:39 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Nov 27, 2003, 07:44 PM
1) all HUmar's aren't dupers/hax0rs, wheres the exceptio? i don't see it
2) RAmars arn't the most idolized, and i still see no exception...
3)Ok yes, a lot of people like meleeing fo's, because they're good, and yet, see no Exception

and also nother thing Robo47
FOMAR'S CAN NOT REGERATE TP UNLESS YOU HAVE A DAN HP/REVIVAL or RESTORATE or the one...and if oyu don't have ne, then you are using a FOnewm or FOnewearl, or your char is hacked one..

RavenTW
Nov 27, 2003, 08:26 PM
Almost every HUmar I've seen is either stupid, types in all caps, hacks, or a combination of the three (at least putting 1 and 2 together). It's also seeming to spread to HUnewearls.

RAmars ARE dang cool characters, but I don't see enough of them to be considered as the best char.

Melee FOmars aren't overrated, they're overused. I've been in a game with three FOmars (I being one), and the only real techs we used were Resta/Reverser (with me using RaFoie/Zonde/Barta). Most Melee FOmars use Double Sabers, and others use Holy Rays (I prefer cards and rods, since I haven't used FO weps in ages. This is a new FOmar by the way). But they can own so much enemy buttocks by theirselves, so I wouldn't consider them overrated.

shinto_kuji
Nov 27, 2003, 08:32 PM
uhm... fomarl only has 7ata more then fomar, yet fomar has over 120 more atp. high def/hp isn't very important for a force. deband and jellen are all the def and hp a fo needs. its up for grabs which is better for melee... and btw, melee fo's aren't as good as people seem to make them out to be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-11-27 17:35 ]</font>

KaFKa
Nov 27, 2003, 08:44 PM
...i only know of 2 legit HUmars in the entire game.

...n00bs that got bored with the HUmars are moving on to the HUnewearls, pathetic children.

...melee FOs are EXTREMELY overrated. everybody that uses one thinks they're a hunter. the ONE time i walk into a FO gamne with my little FOnney, its nothing but melee forces saying:

OMFG!! MELLE FO'S R TEH PWNZORZ!!!!!111

and they all said that they were better than any hunter, so i went and grabbed my HUnney, and they all complained that i was killing everything.
THATS WHAT HU'S DO IN MELEE GENIUSES!!!!
then they started hating on me so i went and grabbed my FOnney, went megid machine, and they hated on me because i was using techs. -_-

so yes, melee FO's are far overrated, if you want something to be a more effective melee force, just use a HUnney, you only lose 3 techs, 2 of which you'll never use with a melee force anyway.

and on another note:
FOcasts are just plain funny, since you don't have any MST or TP, you would just get uber traps, which is funny in it's own right.

...just my 3 cents

RavenTW
Nov 27, 2003, 08:55 PM
Obviously, ST would change that for for Android Forces. And besides, wouldn't it be easier for Androids to learn technique DISCS than Humans or Newmans?

In the end, it all comes down to personal opinion. If you wanna hack/slash stuff with a dude in a dress, be my guest. I'd prefer going all mage-like on the freaks with my level 15 Rabarta. After all, Barta is the soultion for everything! Annoyingly fast enemies? Freeze 'em! Too many enemies? Freeze 'em! Trap hovering above you? Freeze it! Your comrade just die? Freeze him! He was obviously not smart enough to save you some Technique Points.

joluh
Nov 27, 2003, 08:58 PM
Totally agree with your last post KaFKa, in every line... X_X

Also when i was using my Melee FOmarl i was using FO weapons, Cards and Rods mostly, and maybe my G-Assassin Sabers+25 =D, but i got bored and delete her, FOmarl/mar are too weak in the MST part for my taste, i rather use a FOnewm or a FOnewearl, who can melee too ^_^ and pretty good too, AND they have better ATA than the FOmarl/mar ^_~

And yeah, Melee Forces are overrated and overused

Lord_Sloth
Nov 27, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:26, RavenTW wrote:
Almost every HUmar I've seen is either stupid, types in all caps, hacks, or a combination of the three (at least putting 1 and 2 together). It's also seeming to spread to HUnewearls.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I'm not an idiot and I don't type in caps! I just put a ! after every sentance!

shinto_kuji
Nov 27, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-11-27 18:00, Lord_Sloth wrote:

I'm not an idiot and I don't type in caps! I just put a ! after every sentance!

does anything else really need to be said?

Lord_Sloth
Nov 27, 2003, 09:17 PM
On 2003-11-27 18:08, shinto_kuji wrote:
does anything else really need to be said?

Yes...Polly want a cracker?
ROFL

shinto_kuji
Nov 27, 2003, 09:27 PM
ok, wtf. do you even know what my post was implying lord sloth? because honestly, your "joke/comeback" is THE most retarded thing i have ever heard. if you for some god-only-knows-why reason you are attempting to make fun of my quoting you, then that even makes you more (pardon my french) D-U-M-B-A-S-S then i thought you were before. if thats what you are doing, you might want to relook at your previous post where you also quoted someone. all you did was put more sense behind the statement that most humars are stupid.

Robo47
Nov 27, 2003, 09:39 PM
My HUmar is totally legit, I even get hit on purpose and use a Claymore instead of a Red Sword so people don't go hating on me.

And sorry onitatsujin and Kent but I had just woke up from a 15 minute sleep (I stayed up all night looking for the Lavis Cannon... with possitive results). And you are right OgreDragonHuman I was thinking FOnewm (like said, lack of sleep).

Lord_Sloth
Nov 27, 2003, 10:14 PM
On 2003-11-27 18:27, shinto_kuji wrote:
more (pardon my french) D-U-M-B-A-S-S then i thought you were before.

You messed up! lol

You forgot to right "of a" between "more" and your little "French word"!
And my last post was not made to make fun of you! I just did it to see your reaction! I do that from time to time!

KaFKa
Nov 27, 2003, 10:31 PM
...somebody is afraid of being wrong and/or being the ass end of a joke.

and just so you know, sloth, you really need to think your replies through before you even try to make a comeback, your half-assed, half-baked comebacks are getting more pitiful every time i see them.

for the record:
HUmar=n00b=people hate them
'nuff said

bob__phil
Nov 27, 2003, 11:10 PM
Started a force today and I am ditchin my old HUmar

RavenTW
Nov 27, 2003, 11:11 PM
On 2003-11-27 18:27, shinto_kuji wrote:
ok, wtf. do you even know what my post was implying lord sloth? because honestly, your "joke/comeback" is THE most retarded thing i have ever heard. if you for some god-only-knows-why reason you are attempting to make fun of my quoting you, then that even makes you more (pardon my french) D-U-M-B-A-S-S then i thought you were before. if thats what you are doing, you might want to relook at your previous post where you also quoted someone. all you did was put more sense behind the statement that most humars are stupid.

Actually, his comeback was great. Those kind of comebacks are always cooler than "UR STUPID!!!111 STFU N00B!!!111", etc.

Robo47
Nov 28, 2003, 03:28 PM
On 2003-11-27 19:31, KaFKa wrote:
for the record:
HUmar=n00b=people hate them
'nuff said

HUmars are not n00bs! There are very experienced players with HUmars, like me, Davion, and many others that don't cheat!

KaFKa
Nov 28, 2003, 03:37 PM
you're counting yourself, correct? let's see here:

n00b HUmars: 90% of the HUmar population

experienced HUmars: 6% of the HUmar population

other: 4% of the HUmar population.

this is based on what everybody i know has seen. every HUmar (save one) has been a noob that hacks and still gets owned.

....just my 3 cents

OniTatsujin
Nov 28, 2003, 04:40 PM
then im one of the 6% O.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OniTatsujin on 2003-11-28 13:41 ]</font>

Lord_Sloth
Nov 28, 2003, 07:00 PM
On 2003-11-27 19:31, KaFKa wrote:
and just so you know, sloth, you really need to think your replies through before you even try to make a comeback, your half-assed, half-baked comebacks are getting more pitiful every time i see them.

Then my work here is done! lol
I hate to think! It's painful!

ERS
Nov 28, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-11-28 16:00, Lord_Sloth wrote:
I hate to think! It's painful!

That sounds like something you might say... (insert "!" here)

Lord_Sloth
Nov 28, 2003, 07:59 PM
On 2003-11-28 16:40, ERS wrote:
you might say... (insert "!" here)

Don't mind me! You have to ignore some of the things I say!

Spider
Nov 28, 2003, 08:17 PM
HUmars are bloody made, When I first had the Dreamcast it was the first character I used, and must say, still to this day is my favorite, and I guess I must be part of that 6% cause I actually carry sols http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

My new melee fomar isn't to great, taking forever to get anywere, I've used him for over 5 hours now I think and only just up to normal ruins :S. Whats the best weapon for a melee FOmar?

On the topic of them being overated and what not, I'd say people saying they school any hunter would be pushing it, but they seem to be the most challenging to use, so they are good if you have concoured every type and wanna try something hard, guess you could also go a magic hunter if you really wanted a mega challenge, a HUmar only using techs, now that would be hard. and for the ultimate challenge you can use a RAcast that only uses techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RavenTW
Nov 28, 2003, 08:49 PM
Humars and FOmars are both difficult. One with weak attack and weaker magic, and the other, vice versa. But they're still a heck of a lot of fun to play with. My new FOmar Hex is not specifically a melee FOmar (what melee FOmar goes around with a Purplenium Card), but since his hacked mag gives WAY too much ATP power, He'll ram his card into anything that the Ra tech wave doesn't do triple units of damage to. I'm also thinking of making a HUmar as my main character, mostly due to looks. But if I could pass a FOmar's robe for a leather trenchcoat, screw the HUmar.

Ketchup345
Nov 28, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:32, shinto_kuji wrote:
uhm... fomarl only has 7ata more then fomar, yet fomar has over 120 more atp. high def/hp isn't very important for a force. deband and jellen are all the def and hp a fo needs. its up for grabs which is better for melee... and btw, melee fo's aren't as good as people seem to make them out to be.

They were talking about a melee FOrce, in which the extra DFP and HP do make a difference. Also, when your ATA is below 200, 7 ATA may make a HUGE difference. Plus, 120 ATP doesn't matter that much, it may mean only a very few less attacks on some bosses than a FOmarl may need. Plus there are areas where Deband/Jellen won't help you much (CCA and Seabed in Ultimate; even level 30 techs, you may still take 800+ HP worth of damage).

And to whoever said that RAngers can't melle that well above: RAngers can easily melee, some better than HUnters. The RAmarl has the highest EVP, meaning she can dodge many attacks, the closest HUnter to this EVP is the HUcaseal, who is below the FOnewearl. The RAcaseal has the highest DFP in the game, and doesn't take as much damage as any other class does. All the RAngers can melee quite well, especially since they have the important ATA to make many more hits than HUnters, and keep the enemy stunned so they don't get hit.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 28, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-11-28 17:17, Spider wrote:
HUmars are bloody made, When I first had the Dreamcast it was the first character I used, and must say, still to this day is my favorite, and I guess I must be part of that 6% cause I actually carry sols http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

My Dreamcast Character is still my fave! I recreated him on GC! He is a HuMar! The best class type in the game!

ladyjaderiver
Nov 28, 2003, 11:00 PM
Hey, HUmar's don't suck. *huggles Sanosuke* And my HUmar's entirely legit except for his Zanba. Gotta love big swords, and I haven't found any good ones yet.

For whoever asked about the best weapon for a melee FOmar, my sis has a pretty good time of it with a Red Saber.

I like meleeing with Mahu. I went through the entire ultimate forest that way once, with no extra power boost, just my normal equipment (3 god/techs and a cure/freeze, tripolic shield, df field and my 17/21/21/141 Panzer Tail). 'Twas fun. I've also melee'd through the Ultimate forest with my FOne switching randomly between Talis, Mahu, Guardianna, Viridia Card and Gal Wind. I've done all of normal mode meleeing with my card weps.

Eihwaz
Nov 29, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-11-28 20:00, ladyjaderiver wrote:
Hey, HUmar's don't suck. *huggles Sanosuke* And my HUmar's entirely legit except for his Zanba. Gotta love big swords, and I haven't found any good ones yet.

For whoever asked about the best weapon for a melee FOmar, my sis has a pretty good time of it with a Red Saber.

I like meleeing with Mahu. I went through the entire ultimate forest that way once, with no extra power boost, just my normal equipment (3 god/techs and a cure/freeze, tripolic shield, df field and my 17/21/21/141 Panzer Tail). 'Twas fun. I've also melee'd through the Ultimate forest with my FOne switching randomly between Talis, Mahu, Guardianna, Viridia Card and Gal Wind. I've done all of normal mode meleeing with my card weps.

Yes, cards are high useful. Many people go on about the Talis, Gal Wind, or the ID Cards, but Mahu is tough to beat. Really cool looking, and highly useful, especially with high Hit%.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 29, 2003, 08:36 PM
On 2003-11-28 17:49, RavenTW wrote:
But if I could pass a FOmar's robe for a leather trenchcoat, screw the HUmar.

So you prefer men in Dresses?! Ya have to wonder about some people! j/k

MAGusZ87
Nov 29, 2003, 09:10 PM
well for about the 1,294,870,937,535,490 time... it's a ROBE NOT a DRESS... if they wanted it to look like a dress they would have worn FOnewman shoes and put on FOnewearl make-up

Lord_Sloth
Nov 29, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-11-29 18:10, MAGusZ87 wrote:
well for about the 1,294,870,937,535,490 time... it's a ROBE NOT a DRESS... if they wanted it to look like a dress they would have worn FOnewman shoes and put on FOnewearl make-up

I know it's not a dress! I just like saying that!
...How do you know you've had to say that 1,294,870,937,535,490 times? j/k

ladyjaderiver
Nov 30, 2003, 09:06 PM
It's a robe, because if it were a dress, there would be a LOT more fabric to it. *sigh* When you've made as many mediaeval clothes as my sister and I have, you come to learn these things. *g* (In case you haven't noticed, FOmarl and FOmar costumes seem to follow mediaeval designs.)

KaFKa
Nov 30, 2003, 09:37 PM
they wear dresses, admit it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (j/k)

PS2_Master0
Nov 30, 2003, 09:42 PM
FORCES RULE!

I got so many techs with my main (currently lvl 36 RAcast, i know its weak, but i dont play much), that me and my friend decided to make FOnewms. (Mine's way mre powerful, cause I have way more money than him. I just bought reverser and ryuker just now) Anyway, since I'm an android, I can't use techs, so i decided to become a Force, armed immediately with 4 Angel/Minds, a 4-slotted Frame for the slots, A cane +3, Rod, Stick +3, Pole +5, and tons of different handguns, mechguns, and sabers.

Personally, I love my force. It helps both me and my friend. He's a RAmar, and currently only has 47 MST, so he cant use Resta. In this case, I just heal him all the time.

Whenever i play with friends, I use my RAcast until i'm bored, then I switch to my FOnewm.

LONG LIVE FORCES

Spider
Nov 30, 2003, 10:18 PM
I just realised one of the coolest things bout having a melee FO... NAGA, fuck thats one sexy looking mag!

RFB
Dec 1, 2003, 03:33 AM
On 2003-11-30 19:18, Spider wrote:
I just realised one of the coolest things bout having a melee FO... NAGA, fuck thats one sexy looking mag!

NAGA!? *starts choking, vomits breakfast, throws himself trough the class window, falls into a helluva pit filled with lava and molten metal kinda like in Terminator2 and finally dies* That's my opinion on Nagas.

About overrated FOmars, true. Tho I love them since V1, but the n00bs think, like kafka said, that "The're the r000x0rz" or similar.

HUmars suck. That's something that noone can deny.
FOmars DONT WEAR DRESSES! They're Robes. And if they were dresses, what's the prob? are you homophobical or what?

Spider
Dec 1, 2003, 05:37 AM
How can you not love Naga? Floating black sperm with giant chompa teeth looks mad.

HUmars are the bomb, dont wanna hurt anyones feelings, but to use hunters it generally requires a little more skill then the other classes, like RAs just sit back and shoot, when things get to close, run away and return in a few seconds, with FOs just run in nuke everything then continue. Hunters are definantly the funnest type to use and HUmar is coolest hunter (in my opinion).

Lord_Sloth
Dec 1, 2003, 07:17 AM
On 2003-12-01 02:37, Spider wrote:
How can you not love Naga?

Simple! I've never seen it! lol
As far as FoMar's go...They have to pick up the hem of the dress before they run so they don't trip and slow down the party!

Raziel_Kai
Dec 1, 2003, 07:52 AM
Got few words for the whole thread:

FORCES -
Excellent team support and the best room cleaners in the game. You can't deny it.

Now, I can safely continue printing the morning reports so gamblers can enjoy wasting their money tonight.

Just my two meseta.

starhealer
Dec 1, 2003, 11:24 AM
About overrated FOmars, true. Tho I love them since V1, but the n00bs think, like kafka said, that "The're the r000x0rz" or similar.

FOmars weren't in ver.1, if that's what you're talking about...

KaFKa
Dec 1, 2003, 12:51 PM
On 2003-12-01 00:33, RFB wrote:

And if they were dresses, what's the prob? are you homophobical or what?

yes i am, screw political correctness.

HUmars(i'll say it again) are the epitome of the stereotypical crap warrior. all they have on their side is the third best(i believe) ATP and resta sheild, there is nothing else that makes them worth anything (well, maybe their mediocre j/z) so they are totally useless.

FOmars are gey http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarana
Dec 1, 2003, 01:14 PM
It should be noted that HUmar's ATP "edge" will never save him a hit over a HUcaseal or a HUnewearl against any enemy when all three of them are maxed. It's only an advantage when leveling up.

shinto_kuji
Dec 1, 2003, 08:20 PM
lord sloth> actually, i didn't make a mistake in that post. i use dumbass like i use retarded. and it seems like you keep trying to fix/get out of what your previous post said. instead of doing that, how about just using that thing in your head more?

ketchup345> yes, fomarls are also good melee forces, thats why i said its up for grabs who is better:p
still though, even for a melee, a little bit more def and hp doesn't make a huge difference, but it can be usefull. and for ultimate cca/seabed, megid is better, not melee. but if i had to pick one that i would use for melee, it'd havta be fomarl. she has good enough stats for it and if your going to do melee, its better to have support techs instead of attack tech boosts, which fomarl has. plus shes cute:o

i never really understood why people ever even thought fomar looks like hes wearing a dress. his robe doesn't even come all the way around in the front, which dresses do. i think they gave him the robe to cover up his humongous feet, though.

Spider
Dec 2, 2003, 03:34 AM
Hmmm.. More anti HUmar stuff, why do it? HUmar is the only character I've used since day 1 (DC days) andthe only character I havn't 'recreated' on GC My FOmar was getting pretty good, but I'm thinking bout switching to FOmarl now due to the support tech boost, just finished normal with my melee FOmar too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ahh well. FOnewearl is a pretty good tech FO but I dont really use it that much, it consumes TP too damn quickly!

Spider
Dec 2, 2003, 03:51 AM
FOmar

Gifoie Gizonde Gibarta Grants 1.3 x damage
Shifta and Deband 2x range/effect (range +6 meters)

HP 29 1175
TP 79 1783
ATP 16 753 1002
DFP 10 321 470
MST 53 990 1340
ATA 63 138 163
EVP 35 551 651
LCK 10 10 100

FOmarl

Grants 1.5 x damage
Shifta Deband Resta & Anti 2x range (range +6 meters)

HP 29 1273
TP 79 1699
ATP 16 721 872
DFP 10 351 498
MST 53 934 1284
ATA 63 144 170
EVP 35 513 588
LCK 10 10 100

(stats are base/lv200 base/lv200 max)
Guess I'll keep the ol FOmar then, same Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zailure but more ATP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Sinue_
Dec 2, 2003, 04:53 PM
HUmars are the bomb, dont wanna hurt anyones feelings, but to use hunters it generally requires a little more skill then the other classes

No, they don't. Perhaps they take more skill than RAngers due to being in close combat.. but FO's require much much more skill to play than a HUmar - or any HU class. At least, playing a good FO anyhow.

You have to watch your TP consumption, learn all of the tech resistances for each monster - which changes when you get to Ult, you have to cast strategically choosing between Normal - Gi - and Ra techs, you have pathetic HP and DEF to overcome, as well as trying to manage to maintain that healthy balance of attack techs and support. Since you only have 6 spaces to put spells on you have to arrange your menus for everything to be accessed quickly and easily.

Anyone can go in a room and just nuke.. but being a good FO is a lot more challenging than just playing a good HU.

Spider
Dec 2, 2003, 07:21 PM
You got a point there Sinue, but those element things arnt really that hard to forget, and even if you do, the first few rooms or so will bring it all back. Although I must admit that I am yet to play a Force in ultimate, but in normal HUs are generally harder to use.
But still, being a bad FO dioesn't stop you from not kicking the games but, as long as you have ryuka you can just pipe back up every few rooms and get more fluids and what not, its generally rather easy, although I will admit Bosses can be a bit scary with low HP and all, but its not that big of a problem, I generally find bots the hardest to use against bosses due to the lack of resta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Of course being a good FO means you can blast through rooms pretty damn quick, enter tech, retrieve items continue to next room. I doubt anything could make me think there is a class I'd rather use over HUmar, maybe I should go get my FOnewearl and get to ultimate just to see if it gets hard later on.

Lord_Sloth
Dec 2, 2003, 08:29 PM
On 2003-12-01 17:20, shinto_kuji wrote:
it seems like you keep trying to fix/get out of what your previous post said.

I'm just having fun! I guess you wouldn't know about that though would you?!
When have I tried to fix/get out of what my previous post said?

Monomate
Dec 2, 2003, 08:36 PM
On 2003-11-24 13:38, Trianth wrote:
My second PSO character is a lv.31 FOmarl. I've been finding a lot of high powered techs with my main character, so I decided to transfer them over to her. Well, now that I did that, I have lv.21 Foie, lv.17 Zonde and Barta, lv.6 Anti, and some disturbingly good level of Resta. Those are just the ones I gave to her THAT SHE COULD USE AT THE MOMENT! I have a lv.27 zonde in the bank, along with lv.15+Grants and all the other techs. I can do over 460 damage to Booma's on Normal now (with Foie) and over 230 to the dragon with Barta! Oh, how I love FOmarls and HU's. Oh, by the way, my main character is lv. 97 HUmar and wields a DELSABER combination, and my FOmarl wields a HILDEBEAR'S CANE, 4 Angel/Mind++'s, and a BARTA MERGE http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

just wait till your in ultimate with that foie...(mine's only lvl 17...and i do 330+, if your's is 21...by the time you get to ultimate, you will most definitely own it...)

I've got lvl 17 Grants and Megid...i rarely use Megid in ulti...but...Grants...400+ Damage, 550+ w/Caduceus...so yes...FO's own everything...i have a FOnewearl lvl 82...w/a Hildeblue's Cane, 1 Angel/Mind++, One Metal/Body, One Dragon/HP, and one something else i can't remember right now...and a Secret Gear...i love FOrces more than any other character in the game (and that's saying something cuz my first char was a HUnewearl, whom i was very attached to...but after seeing the raw power and crazy skill you get using a FO...i'm convinced...)

trust me ... get your FOmarl to level 97 and she'll blow your HUmar away...

Lord_Sloth
Dec 3, 2003, 09:09 AM
Yeah Forces Do rock...all the way through the telepipe to heal ther're TP every 3 seconds!!!

And a Melee Force rocks...the ground when they hit!

Kemon
Dec 3, 2003, 02:06 PM
On 2003-11-24 13:50, Nambrosia wrote:

Same here i love them well you know what i mean. Newmans look stupid to me sorry you newman players.

MasamuneIII
Dec 3, 2003, 07:30 PM
I was just wondering if maybe its me but everyone says that when they get to ultimate they do tons of damage and yet they are (for example someone said they did 400+ damage with grants) not doing a lot of damage. maybe its just my character but my FOnewearl does about 780 damage with her 18 grants in ultimate and she can doo 900 with foi, granted her ra a gi attacks are lacking in strength *sigh* but she can go through the mines on ultimate without taking a single hit and I only need to use 2 attacks to take out any 1 enemy in there, any suggestions on why this is?

LordMe
Dec 3, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-12-03 11:06, Kemon wrote:

On 2003-11-24 13:50, Nambrosia wrote:

Same here i love them well you know what i mean. Newmans look stupid to me sorry you newman players.

yeah i know but there spell's are so strong!!!