PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Background ideas...

Batou
Nov 24, 2003, 05:08 PM
hey i was wondering what i should put in for a background... if you guys got any ideas let them flow...

http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/gunslingerz/PSO_Sanjiro02_ink.jpg

until then.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

odie2088
Nov 24, 2003, 05:37 PM
another awesome batou pic...maybe the bg should be sort of dark, like the whole ruins theme kinda thing, y'know?

mr_rubbish
Nov 24, 2003, 06:20 PM
...Or a nice open jungle area, make some rocks and a little waterfall (as long as the FOmar's robes are a good contrasting colour of course).

Mixfortune
Nov 24, 2003, 06:25 PM
I would say Mine 1, only because there aren't too many backgrounds of that place. Maybe an upside down Sinow Beat (hanging from the ceiling) behind and to the left of his head (sort of sneaking behind him) would be an interesting touch.

EDIT- Hmm, interesting post count... I see Mr_Rubbish is also near it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-24 15:26 ]</font>

deathreaper
Nov 24, 2003, 07:39 PM
ruins background would be good personaly

Mixfortune
Nov 24, 2003, 07:48 PM
Ooo.
It *could* be a span of all 4 of Episode I's areas, divided with slants and could either just be divided by bold lines or melded... hmm...

__F___C___M___R_
|....../...../...../......|
|...../...../...../.......|
|..../...../...../........|
|.../...../...../.........|
------------------------

Sort of has that "transcend place" look to it, and the trials of all Hunters (in the sense of members of the Hunter's Guild) on Ragol... hmm... could be quite challenging though.

Hmm, hope it looks right...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-24 16:51 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Nov 24, 2003, 07:56 PM
I'm no good with backgrounds, but I like the suggestions that other people gave. Something surreal might also look spiffy.

odie2088
Nov 24, 2003, 08:24 PM
im surprised this doesnt already have 2 pages since its from Batou...HE HAS HIS OWN SHRINE LIKE NAVI! ooh...i need to make one for ladyjaderiver! did i spell that right?

navci
Nov 24, 2003, 08:48 PM
Actually. I'd say no background. Or something like geometrical shapes, or just some lights and shadows. You don't wanna draw the attention away from the person right? But well, since it is your Batouness, maybe you can work something out without drawing the attention away. =}

Delsaber
Nov 24, 2003, 09:02 PM
Well, I think the background should be inside of an old beat-up house. Behind the FOmar there would be a couch with a few rips in it, the couch would be a tan or dark-yellow color. The wall to the left of the character should be half of a picture, half of it is off-picture and it is slanted. On one of the arms of the couch there should be a beer can and maybe a spill stain or two. The wallpaper should be lighter yellow in color than the couch with little fleur de lis(sp) colored gold on it. Oh, and on the ceiling have a brownish spot where the roof leaks. This is a little different.. Just a little.

Or just go with something like a VR Temple background. Just go with what you think suites the picture best.

AmyofDeneb4
Nov 24, 2003, 09:40 PM
I suggest the colors of the sky from the last falz form... the blue green colors... =)

Sunblast
Nov 25, 2003, 06:12 AM
Or perhaps one of the boss rooms, like the Sil Dragon?