PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and a Question.

Gale
Nov 24, 2003, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone. I'm not new to this great website, but I am new to the forum. If any of you post at the Green Hill Zone or Sonic HQ forums, you know me.

Anyways, I look foward to posting here and I thought I'd ask a really terrible question. I know you guys get this from newbies all the time, and I do apologize.

I've not played PSO since Episode 1 Version 2 on the Dreamcast (God rest its soul). And I'm lookin' to get back in.

I want to know which PSO is the best experience. Do I get them on Gamecube or Xbox? If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe give me some personal opinions on each respective version?

Thanks a lot. I look foward to posting here in the future. And hopefully as a player. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sketch
Nov 24, 2003, 09:17 PM
Welcome to PSO World! I'm Force-Elite, hopefully I'll be Sketch here soon. ^-^;

I have the gamecube version, and I love it, I'm not online but I don't care. For the Xbox version you HAVE to have Xbox Live. I don't know why but you do.

Welcome again!

Black000Moon
Nov 24, 2003, 09:17 PM
hmm well each one has there ups and downs im very sure you need x box live to actually even PLAY the the x box version of pso or you cant play it at all (im not sure about this sorry this is just what a friend told me) even for offline. Online however there are alot more quests and things for the GC version. There is less for the X-box version. But there seems to bet a bit less hacking for the X-box and stuff. There is alot more people on the GC version though. You might instead of getting pso just wait for pso episode 1 and 2 plus but then again that is gonna be out in a while... The gamecube version can also download neat things to your gba to play if you even have a gba. So I would have to say try the gamecube version find a good ship to play at (not antares!) You have a bigger chance of getting FSOD X or which deletes your data.... But there is also people willing to help out low level characters from giving some advice to some very helpful to low lvl equipment like a lvl 200 mag and neat rares which you will be able to use later (some of them hacked though). So i'de just saying try the GCN version.... But X-box could also be good cause they could use some more players.....

Shake
Nov 24, 2003, 09:31 PM
I'd suggest gamecube. It is getting the newer titles, plus it has gba connectivity. Which isn't much, but it is still something.

ThaRealest
Nov 24, 2003, 09:36 PM
Hi welcome to the site! CaN I gEt DeM DiGiTs!? haha ...na but i have the gc version. I also am a dc ver 1 ol timer myself...Amen..But i am very happy with the gc version of pso. It isnt a huge step from dc ver 2 but it is very fun!And oh yes...i am sure you know how addicting this game can be....It's still like crack on a joystick.

Gale
Nov 24, 2003, 09:54 PM
Of course! Which is why it's been far too long since my last fix.

I'm also lookin into maybe getting Final Fantasy XI for the PS2 in the near future. I'm a Nintendo, Square, and Sega addict. ^_^

I used to own an Xbox, and the only reason I'd get it again is if the XB version of PSO was far superior. Which I'm glad to see it's not.

Sound good enough for me. I've already got a GC Broad Band Adapter anyways. Now I just need the game.

WHOO! Sonic Heroes in January and PSO for me next month! It's like the Dreamcast all over again.

ThaRealest
Nov 24, 2003, 10:10 PM
Of course!
i CaN GeT DeM DiGiTs!?

Gale
Nov 24, 2003, 10:15 PM
...er...

I don't know what that means.

ThaRealest
Nov 24, 2003, 10:21 PM
It means in ghetto terms: Im one of the Stupid ass goofballs of this site...

Gale
Nov 24, 2003, 10:36 PM
I see. Woo then. Woo indeed.

Zalana
Nov 25, 2003, 01:23 AM
On 2003-11-24 19:10, ThaRealest wrote:

Of course!
i CaN GeT DeM DiGiTs!?

Trying to scoop up phone numbers on the forums eh ThaRealest? -_-

Superguppie
Nov 25, 2003, 03:53 AM
well, I only have the GC version. But since I also have an XBOX sitting in my room, I have wondered about the same question. I had the GC version even before I knew there would be an XBOX version, so the main question for me was whether to get the XBOX version too. Here's the arguments I found so far:

- GC has been on for longer. This can be noted in the number of online quests available.
- On GC you can play with ppl allover the world. With XBOX you can only play with ppl from your own region.
- The XBOX version requires XBOX live, even for playing PSO offline. And when going online, you actualy pay for both XBOX live AND PSO
- The XBOX version looks better
- The XBOX version (online) has a voice-connection
- From what I've heard there are more ppl online for XBOX
- The XBOX version has patches intended to stop cheating. (well, GC has'em a bit too, but only a bit, since they are all server-side)

rena-ko
Nov 25, 2003, 03:56 AM
On 2003-11-24 22:23, Zalana wrote:
Trying to scoop up phone numbers on the forums eh ThaRealest? -_-

well, he seems to need some new people to breath heavily to? *shrugs*

well, welcome in > original poster

_tsunami
Nov 25, 2003, 04:35 AM
The xbox version doesn't look better..
its exactly the same with less quest and people playing online than compared to gamecube

the only thing xbox has over Gamecube is voice chat,
and the things gamecube has over xbox is you can play with internation people over the world, and those games you can dl into GBA feature.

Cheat and hacking is the same level for both but there is a safe haven for GC called JP ships ya know

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _tsunami on 2003-11-25 01:38 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 25, 2003, 05:31 AM
dont call jp save ships. do you realize that you lurk all the scum there with promoting them like that?
correct answer would have been: stay away from antares 8 and vega. find yourself a lil not crowded place, be a nomad until you find a nice place to be.

for the difference between the two systems. like mentioned above, they're minimal. voice chat here, connected servers and ep3 there.
noone knows about if pso+ features arrive xbox in the near future. cube started first, will get new stuff first as well. thats a fact.
as always, its recommended you chose the console where you find other interesting games. that is of course unless you can afford all of them...

_tsunami
Nov 25, 2003, 06:00 AM
well sorry about the promotion which wasn't my intent.
but the best way is to make friends online you can trust and play with http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i have made a couple of japanese pso friends who i can always play with and trust.

And i would go with Gamecube version since it seems Sega seem to favor Gamecube more.

RFB
Nov 25, 2003, 06:06 AM
More than Sega, I think it's Yuji Naka who's in favour of the GC.
In an interview he stated that his favourite console of this generation was the GC, and adopted an attitude kinda "Let's join efforts with Nintendo".
After all, Sega and Nintendo are the old-school companies of the sector.
And since Yuji Naka is one of the main bosses of Sega (Creator and boss of Sonic Team, and right now, directive of AM2) he does what he can to help GC.
Even when there were rumours about Microsoft purchasing Sega, Yuji Naka warned Sega that, if Microsoft bought them, Sonic Team will quit being part of Sega and would work by it's own.

_tsunami
Nov 25, 2003, 08:50 AM
wow such honour and chivarly