PDA

View Full Version : GC: Minimum level for beating Ultimate Caves

FireFury
Nov 24, 2003, 10:34 PM
I'm new here, as you will notice. Actually, I'm quite far in my game, having a HUmar with both Delsaber items, a Dragon Claw, a Yamato, and a Stag Cutlery, among other things. The problem is, my character is only at level 87, and I am having an incredibly tough time getting past Caves 1. So, I want to know the minimum level for beating each of the Caves levels so I can level up accordingly and continue on with the game. Any advice on what kinds of weapons help would be appreciated too.

Auronius
Nov 24, 2003, 10:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

polishedweasel
Nov 25, 2003, 01:28 AM
75ish. You should be in mines by now!

rena-ko
Nov 25, 2003, 03:43 AM
*laughs*
do what you like. go rare hunting in ult forest or vhard mines or ruins until you think you might tackle caves.
what would help best is either a good tactic for each enemy ... or you get a good hit/cave raygun and snipe everything off from the door...
get yourself a charge weapon (partisan, sword, mechgun) for dal ra lie and save up some money and scapes..

besides having enough HP and keeping an eye on the megid lillies, i just wish you good luck.

Spider
Nov 25, 2003, 06:19 AM
Yeah, when your in your 80s should be good, I'm up to level 81 and up to mines, too lazy to try playing through it yet but http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Nov 25, 2003, 06:28 AM
I'd say about L50.

...Don't look at me like that.

Seriously? You're good. My HUmar beat Ult Caves with absolute pure crap for weapons when he was L78. Got to Dal Ra Lie for the first time at L65, actually, but he couldn't handle it yet then... Kept dying to the rock fall. >_<;

You want a slicer. It doesn't really matter which one. Diska of Braveman, Slicer of Assassin, Diska of Liberator, Rappy's Fan, hell, even just a regular old Diska is fine... Reason for this, is hitting more than one segment when he's not attached so you can deal damage faster... And a good Partiasan/Sword for when he does attach so you can pull the max there too.

So... Yeah. Go for it. You can do it. XD

rena-ko
Nov 25, 2003, 06:35 AM
i might add:
vjaya, although costly, works wonders at de rol le. but see that you have shifta and zalure casted to use its full power (since a connected hit costs 10k meseta no matter how much damage you do).

my hucaseal killed de rol le at level ... um... 100 or so within 30 seconds with a vjaya and wasted 180k meseta. you should plan in a bit more (and enough scapes to not lose all that cash to an accident)

lain2k3
Nov 25, 2003, 06:40 AM
My Ramarl was in ult. ruins at level 72...
My melee fomarl is going through caves today at level
my HUcaseal got through canves at lvl74

it isnt difficult with a partisan/sword, mechs, and a handgun.

MaxBuster
Nov 25, 2003, 01:49 PM
Just make sure your ATA is high enough, other than that I see no reason why you can't handle Caves.

Hrith
Nov 25, 2003, 01:57 PM
Good EDK, I suggest over 50.

I'm in Ult Caves with Aelia since Lv 50 >_< No LAVIS CANNON yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Brex546
Nov 25, 2003, 01:59 PM
well, im thinkin 80 cause that's what i think thats when i beat it think think i was 85? w/e but now my Humar(Brex) is in mines at 97 wit the delsaber's stizze and i can't beat the first room w/o dieing once! well that's all i got

Nambrosia
Nov 25, 2003, 02:01 PM
On 2003-11-25 03:35, rena-ko wrote:
(since a connected hit costs 10k meseta no matter how much damage you do).

I thought it was -10,000 Meseta whether you even hit anything or not.
(Well it does say, "Legendary longsword for the wealthy" after all...)

Zalana
Nov 25, 2003, 03:10 PM
Hell I completed Ultimate Ruins at Lv65 with my *twinked* RAmarl. I bet you could clear caves just take it one step at a time. Then again I completed Ultimate Seabed at Lv80. >_< Just get a multiple hitting weapon I would prefer.

Trianth
Nov 25, 2003, 03:11 PM
I'm at lvl.98 and still haven't beat it yet, but that's because I'm rare hunting in the Forest, and I play too much multiplayer with my friends. But I could've beat it at level 85-90 easily. I did once get to Dal Ral Lie, but I had to quit the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Delsaber
Nov 25, 2003, 04:07 PM
I beat ultimate at level 82 with my Hucast and like 84-85 I beat seabed... but anyway your best weapon would either be the stag or delsaber(with shield).. just keep trying, hope in and out of doors.. the first time I beat the caves is with my HUmar using techs.. it took forever with level 10 foie and such. Just keep on trying.

Mixfortune
Nov 25, 2003, 05:46 PM
I got my HUnewearl to Ult Ruins at level 70 (leveled up to 70 from the Vol Opt fight), but I had been hanging around in Ult Forest for 10 levels for no reason at all, since Caves through Mines was easy for me.

I hadn't used any materials or anything like that.

A 0/45/0/0/50 Rainbow Baton did wonders, though. Especially against Sil Dragon, Dal Ra Lie, and Vol Opt ver.2.

JohanCC
Nov 25, 2003, 06:44 PM
hmm.. for HUmar, I beat it at around 80 (took me almost an hour, a scape, 10 difluids, 10 dimates, and 4 trimates to finnaly kill da ra lie >_<). my deaths were all from obs... I had 60 EDK and only lived a megid once XD

FireFury
Nov 25, 2003, 10:03 PM
Wow, I never thought I'd get so much feedback. Thx for the advice, everyone. Unfortunately, I let one of my friends borrow my copy of PSO, and he hasn't given it back to me yet. Yeah, I realized that if I just watched my HP more, I could get through a lot more easily. The thing is, I only have Resta LV. 12 when I can use LV. 14...that never helps much...