PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Sanjiro Pencils...

Batou
Nov 25, 2003, 04:09 AM
here is the real sanjiro portrait... the other one just seems to flat... these are my finished pencils.... if you guys got any tips on how to get that painted feel to the digital art drop me a line... i really want this one to be stellar.... well back to the table...

http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/gunslingerz/PSO_Sanjiro_Portrait_Web.jpg

i really want to get that painted feeling... just like the promo art for epIII.... if any of you can help be my guest... until then, the humblest of shinobi, signin'off.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Nov 25, 2003, 04:51 AM
Painter classic and a tablet?

It's really good, but I don't like it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just something wrong about a macho manly masculine FOmar. XD FOmars should be delicate and feminine and look like they belong in a visual kei group or a heavenly choir or something. XP

ladyjaderiver
Nov 25, 2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah, no offense, but he looks more like a HUmar in a FOmar outfit... I really wish my pencil work looked that clean. Anyway, I don't know what to suggest for the painted look besides actual paints, but you were meaning digitally.... Photoshop is pretty good for that, if you want to work on it for hours and hours.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 25, 2003, 10:25 AM
Isn't a FOmar pretty much just a HUmar in a robe, though? I think it looks good, myself.

ladyjaderiver
Nov 25, 2003, 10:40 AM
*cringe* I never said it didn't look good... Don't get me wrong, Batou is incredible, and my goal is to someday compare to his art. I just don't really think this looks like a FOmar... *shrug* That's probably just because I draw them all bishonen and such and I just can't picture them any other way, since they look pretty bishonen in the game.

KaFKa
Nov 25, 2003, 11:37 AM
...that kinda reminds me of chainer from my fic. *shrug* but yeah, very few masculine FOmars...

Gnarled_rose
Nov 25, 2003, 11:52 AM
Call me crazy, but I disagree. I think this looks like an awesome FOmar. If he were delicate, he'd be a FOnewm.
Nice job on the detail, too. It looks great, and the Fan Works could use some more artists like you and Lady Jade River.

P.S. Any chance of color?

Hikara
Nov 25, 2003, 12:13 PM
Your fast, aren't you, Rose? He was asking how to make it look painted in color...

I think it looks good so far, but as far as programs, I'm lost. I type 117 words per minute; I don't draw.

navci
Nov 25, 2003, 02:38 PM
Hehe. I am always amused at this. Batou's piccies are SO masculine. Hehe. I wish I can draw masculine guys... .. hmm I could try.. =}

Hm, and super clean pencils. Damn, it's good.
And oh, forgot the answer the question. Batou, if you have Painter, or Painter classic, that is what you want to use to colour this to get the Ep III feel. I believe that is what the artist uses to produce the piccies also. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2003-11-25 11:39 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Nov 25, 2003, 07:51 PM
*sniffle* So many people are leaving traditional media in the dust... I'd love to see this pic hand coloured.

Batou
Nov 25, 2003, 10:00 PM
i still have the original... i could bust out the prisma color markers.... maybe... takes so much more time and effort.... but who knows

navci
Nov 25, 2003, 10:38 PM
On 2003-11-25 16:51, ladyjaderiver wrote:
*sniffle* So many people are leaving traditional media in the dust... I'd love to see this pic hand coloured.

Hehe. I mainly just to acrylics now. And they are not very fun to do fan arts with....

BOC
Nov 26, 2003, 02:45 PM
i should get like a virtual rubber stamp with my seal of approvel on it, cause it seems that when pics like this are rolling out of batou head, there is indeed a need for one.

excellent as always dude!

PEACE!!!