PDA

View Full Version : Online Problems :(

BullKathos
Nov 25, 2003, 08:21 PM
I played online with gamecube episode 2 for a few months then got bored and played other games. i lost my memory card that had online access and which had all of my good items. I got a new memory card and got everything running untill i decided to buy a hunters liscence. The website had said i had purchased hunters liscence for that month but for somereason i needed a knew one. I called the number to see what was up and the person on the line let us buy a new one which went through about a week later. Now that i had the hunters liscence when i connected it said that the password i used with my serial number and stuff was the wrong one from my old memory card. Well, i did the help thing on the site where it gives you the pass you first used and sure enough the one i was using was the correct one.

2 months later (Last Monday) i tried to get on and buy a hunters license to see if it worked. i got onto edit account and it said my account name and pass was not found on the database!!! I caled the tech people and they said they are having problems and cant reload old users or something of that such. the only way to get online was to buy a new game or wait for like a month until they fix it. i am willing to buy a new game (i Luv pso and have been with it since the beginning) but if i do buy a new game will ihave to make new characters or will i have to make a new one?

BullKathos
Nov 25, 2003, 08:50 PM
Feel free witht he input, i am not sure what to do. plz help >_<

DarkSoldier
Nov 25, 2003, 09:08 PM
No you don't have to make new chars I been through 3 pso games and I didn't have to make a new one. the only way you have to make a new one is when you get corrupted.

BullKathos
Nov 25, 2003, 09:19 PM
if i buy a new version of pso the serial and access numbers will be different then the one i have. i remember in the dreamcast version that you could only use the one cd on the one memory card. even with the different serial number and access key saved on the memory card i wont have to start knew chars?

Sord
Nov 25, 2003, 09:24 PM
no because if you check your memory card data while there's not a disk in the gamecube you'll notice something that sez character data. that has all your memory on your characters and it will work on yours or anybody elses cd unless it's corupted

BullKathos
Nov 26, 2003, 01:52 PM
So, Should i delete all the data except for the character one and use the new pso to load the online info?

VioletSkye
Nov 26, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-11-26 10:52, BullKathos wrote:
So, Should i delete all the data except for the character one and use the new pso to load the online info?

DO NOT delete the System file. EVERY file is tied to it. If you delete it, it will recreate ALL the files and your chars will be erased. Delete only the Network file, then you will be able to reenter the online info http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif BTW is your PSOW account name in reference to Diablo 2? If so I have some nice mods if you ever want to try some out. They are for LOD patch 1.10 final only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-26 10:58 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 26, 2003, 02:36 PM
If you dont have the origanal serial number/access key and you cant get them up, just delete the Guild card file, nothing else, i think that you will be able to re-assign your characters new numbers.
although try and load your old info first to see what happens.

BullKathos
Nov 26, 2003, 02:40 PM
Yes, my psow account is related to diablo2 LOD. Ok, im am going to run to the store and get a new version of pso! I have the original serial number and acess key with which my sega acount was deleted. i am only going to delete the network files and i should be able to keep my chars and type in the new access key and stuff and get online right?

Rich_T
Nov 26, 2003, 03:16 PM
If you still have the origanal access key/serial numbers dont delete a thing.
With the dreamcast version, your number/acesskey was tied to the dreamcast and the VMU, and not the game disc

With the gamecube version your data is only tied to the memory card once it has been entered in, it is nnot tied to the gamecube or the disc.

As long as you still have the origanal accesskey/serial you will have no problems using these with a new disc, you will however need to re-activate your account
keep the new numbers that came with your new disc safe, and as long as you still have the origanal gamecube serial number/access key you wont need them, however they may come in useful in the future.

BullKathos
Nov 27, 2003, 12:13 AM
Rich, my old account was DELETED from the sega database. i can not therefore re-initiate my old hunters license, i cannot do anything with those serial numbers, thats why i went to the store and bought a new pso game. i entered in all the data and bought a hunters liscence, created a new account on sega and everything. But, i cannot get online because my current chars are using the OLD serial number and access key that was tied to my old sega account that was DELETED. the NEW hunters licence i just bought cant work because my chars are still running off of the old serial number and access key. I would like to know how i can change the serial number and access key of my chars so that i can play online. i cant make the problem much simpler then that

BullKathos
Nov 27, 2003, 12:28 AM
well i fixxed it. i had to delete the character files but i transfered them to a friends memory card so we can still play them. luckily the characters were no higher then level 20... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Nov 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-11-26 21:28, BullKathos wrote:
well i fixxed it. i had to delete the character files but i transfered them to a friends memory card so we can still play them. luckily the characters were no higher then level 20... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Did you try just deleting the Network file so that you can enter in the new serial and access info?