PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard adapters

Kei
Nov 26, 2003, 02:35 AM
Hey, all. I've been out of the PSO scene for quite some time now due to college (both the workload and the school's firewall preventing me from connecting to the PSO servers), but I'll be graduating soon, so I'm hoping to get back into it by January to prepare myself for episode 3. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've got a question, though... I know there's at least one new GameCube keyboard adapter available since the last time I played, and I was wondering who's tried it. I can't really justify the cost of importing the official controller, and I already have the Datel one, but let's face it... it sucks. (Yeah, it's better than nothing, but mine came with a defective keyboard, so that on top of the lag and misplaced keys...)

So the one I've seen floating around is the keyboard/PS2 controller adapter. Has anyone here tried this out? How does it compare to Datel's adapter? What's a good price for it, and where would be a reliable place to order one (that ships to the US), if it's worth buying? Are there any other adapters available that I'm unaware of?

I can live with Datel's adapter, but if this one's significantly better, I'm wondering if it's worth switching over. More importantly, though, I need to know what I should be recommending to my keyboardless friends.

*sigh* How I miss my trusty Dreamcast keyboard...

Spider
Nov 26, 2003, 03:20 AM
The Dreamcast Keyboard was quite a lovely peice of hardware, but I know nothing bout gamecube keyboards, yet to go online myself.

Jack
Nov 26, 2003, 03:58 AM
Look for people selling the improved Happy Fun Box on eBay. I can vouch for it's decency.