PDA

View Full Version : Banned!

Taffy
Nov 26, 2003, 11:17 AM
Well ive not posted on here before but id just like to warn u guys that ST are monitoring illegal/hacked items as i have just been banned for 24hrs for having something in my inventory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 11:21 AM
On 2003-11-26 08:17, Taffy wrote:
Well ive not posted on here before but id just like to warn u guys that ST are monitoring illegal/hacked items as i have just been banned for 24hrs for having something in my inventory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

whoa.. this gc or xbox?

either way, this is... amazing... lol

Butoden
Nov 26, 2003, 11:29 AM
So ST is able to ban people!! Is it temporary or what?

JDA
Nov 26, 2003, 11:30 AM
His profile says GC - what were ya banned for?

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 11:31 AM
On 2003-11-26 08:29, Butoden wrote:

you mean them taking an interest? Or the ban itself. I think Taffy said it was just a 24hr ban... But if Sega keeps this up... No, no.. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I'll only set myself up for a let down.

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-11-26 08:29, Butoden wrote:

You didn't know that? They were able to ban people since day one.

Butoden
Nov 26, 2003, 11:38 AM
No I didn't know! Care for the PSOGC Offline Only people plz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 11:44 AM
On 2003-11-26 08:38, Butoden wrote:
No I didn't know! Care for the PSOGC Offline Only people plz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

They can han you temporarily or permenently. All they need is you guildcard number.

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 12:26 PM
*jaw drops to floor*

omg, ST is actually taking an active role in killing the hackers...

*tries to pick up jaw*

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 26, 2003, 12:27 PM
Either someone spent the effort to report him, or Sonic Team is paying more attention because of Episode III.

-STE-
Nov 26, 2003, 12:44 PM
Finally sega did something nomore redring srank mag lv 1300 online.
heeh good

ILLI
Nov 26, 2003, 12:46 PM
can anyone confirm that his ban was because of hacked items or is this a ban for something else??..

I mean u guys are getting all fired up over one post from a guy getting banned.. i will believe it when i see it..

-STE-
Nov 26, 2003, 12:51 PM
I know other people were banned too and all for hacked items.

I think hacked item can be :
redrimg,all mag lv 300,srank neddle, musik disk not relased, and ummmmm i dont know other

ILLI
Nov 26, 2003, 12:54 PM
This happened today?? recently??... i will admit i have a red ring.. i was on all last night.. so if this is true it just started today..

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 01:28 PM
On 2003-11-26 09:54, ILLI wrote:
This happened today?? recently??... i will admit i have a red ring.. i was on all last night.. so if this is true it just started today..

sounds like its very recent.. but then again maybe they missed you. You might wanna toss the ring...

On 2003-11-26 09:27, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Either someone spent the effort to report him, or Sonic Team is paying more attention because of Episode III.

I wager it has more to do with episode 3 than anything else. Maybe the updated server code we saw a little while ago gives server monitors more 'admin' type abilities. I also note that I've been reporting people up da arse and no one's said a word about anyone being banned.

*edit: I wonder what our lady Barubary has to say about this...*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-11-26 10:33 ]</font>

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 01:55 PM
Sonic Team will only care to ban someone if they are reported. In other words, they don't go around actively seeking and banning hackers, but they will ban one if a name is presented to them.

VioletSkye
Nov 26, 2003, 02:04 PM
PAL people are getting banned for no apparent reason. Check this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70481&forum=4&start=0

ILLI
Nov 26, 2003, 02:04 PM
hmmm in the cheater forum i also posted a topic on this subject... it seems people using PAL are getting banned for hacked items.. what is weird is some people are saying they didnt even have hacked items... if you need more info go to cheaters forum

ILLI
Nov 26, 2003, 02:05 PM
wow violet.. ur top of things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 26, 2003, 02:09 PM
If you ever ask customer service about it, they'll tell you that they monitor the servers at random for people breaking the rules. That may be what is happening.

Ness
Nov 26, 2003, 02:12 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:09, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
If you ever ask customer service about it, they'll tell you that they monitor the servers at random for people breaking the rules. That may be what is happening.

You're probably right.

bamargera
Nov 26, 2003, 02:14 PM
i have just went on pso and found that i have been bannned iswell!!! is it just hacks? or dupes iswell?

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 02:16 PM
it seems to be happening to everybody who has good enough eqip that ST would think that you're duping. im full legit with some uber stuff, and i got banned when i tried to go on just now

(im not using PAL either)

ILLI
Nov 26, 2003, 02:18 PM
i have just went on pso and found that i have been bannned iswell!!! is it just hacks? or dupes iswell?

Are you using PAL?

bamargera
Nov 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
yes i am using pal . i have about 10 1304 mags and 1 equipped , i also have red ring and lots of s-rank hacked items .

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 02:45 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:16, KaFKa wrote:
it seems to be happening to everybody who has good enough eqip that ST would think that you're duping. im full legit with some uber stuff, and i got banned when i tried to go on just now

this is starting to get really fugged up. You're on US version.. and you say you had all legit items?!?!?! And you STILL got banned!?!?!?!?!?!? You sure there wasn't a stray J-sword tucked away somewhere? Did you have items in other characters on the same memory card that were illegal? Maybe it checks you're entire card.... >_> This is so weird.

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 02:51 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:45, ilr2000 wrote:

On 2003-11-26 11:16, KaFKa wrote:

this is starting to get really fugged up. You're on US version.. and you say you had all legit items?!?!?! And you STILL got banned!?!?!?!?!?!? You sure there wasn't a stray J-sword tucked away somewhere? Did you have items in other characters on the same memory card that were illegal? Maybe it checks you're entire card.... >_> This is so weird.

nope, i only have one other char on this card and that's my rare mule. the only thing that i would even start to think thats a dupe is a yaski 9k, since it has 50% to both native and dark, and i got it from a friend. thats the only thing that i have that i didnt find myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VioletSkye
Nov 26, 2003, 02:54 PM
I still have my red ring and hacked mag equipped and I've reconnected numerous times (at least 12) and also have made a few games titles "Dupes" just for fun. If it does move to the US servers, I personally will be glad to see the level 1304 mags disappear. I don't dare bring my legit chars online because I don't want her leveling in a room full of dupes, maxed stats and hacked mags lol. I only bring her online to exchange PD's for other things. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:51, KaFKa wrote:
nope, i only have one other char on this card and that's my rare mule. the only thing that i would even start to think thats a dupe is a yaski 9k, since it has 50% to both native and dark, and i got it from a friend. thats the only thing that i have that i didnt find myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Man.. so strange. >_> Where's Barubary when you need her?

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:54, ilr2000 wrote:
Man.. so strange. >_> Where's Barubary when you need her?him

and yes, very strange.

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-11-26 11:58, KaFKa wrote:

On 2003-11-26 11:54, ilr2000 wrote:
Man.. so strange. >_> Where's Barubary when you need her?him

and yes, very strange.

Bah, whatever. I thought it was a guy at first.. but then I was told it was a girl, and with IT's avatar I thought that were true. I'm not saying anything for now either way.

Butoden
Nov 26, 2003, 03:26 PM
Well now that ST is on a banning-spree it'll be the most appropriate time to end your Hunter's Licence at the end of Novembre http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 03:32 PM
On 2003-11-26 12:26, Butoden wrote:
Well now that ST is on a banning-spree it'll be the most appropriate time to end your Hunter's Licence at the end of Novembre http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

W-wha??? Stop playing? When its just about to get so good???? If you honestly feel that the game wont be as good without cheating then.. by golly... good ridence! Don't let me stop you. By all means get the hell out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
...somebody has convictions

Eum
Nov 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

ShadowFOrce
Nov 26, 2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah ST has been able to ban for a while now. But it's just that they really don't care at all.

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
On 2003-11-26 12:35, KaFKa wrote:
...somebody has convictions

I wouldn't go that far... Cheating online isn't exactly a shade of grey, you know. Ask any PC gamer what they think about cheating online, and most of them will say that it's a waste of time.

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 04:20 PM
...again, convictions?

and i do agree that hackers are killing the game, although i did use a 1300 mag when i was leveling my HUcast, but i gave the mag back after i hit 80.

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 04:21 PM
On 2003-11-26 13:02, ShadowFOrce wrote:
Yeah ST has been able to ban for a while now. But it's just that they really don't care at all.

This is most likely an automated bot they've created. And if that's the case then it must be completely new to the scene. Because never in all of PSO history has there been a killing spree like this. At least not that I've seen, and I've been around for a while......

ilr2000
Nov 26, 2003, 04:23 PM
On 2003-11-26 13:20, KaFKa wrote:
...again, convictions?

and i do agree that hackers are killing the game, although i did use a 1300 mag when i was leveling my HUcast, but i gave the mag back after i hit 80.

Right......... Still no convictions, it just looks that way to you from where you're standing. You be one of the cheaters man. You used a 1300 mag to get you to level 80. Doesn't matter if you gave it back, there are no shades of grey.

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 04:30 PM
...im not even gonna say it again

and why am i a cheater since i used a mag to level up my cast? even though i have a level 189 HUnny, i can't just give him something to level quickly? why can't i just spare myself the monotony of leveling through norm-vhard? ult is the only difficulty thats fun anymore.
(and just if you were wondering, yes, that is a legit unrecoboxed Hunny)

Voltis_V
Nov 26, 2003, 04:45 PM
Is it just hacked/illegal/unreleased items? If these bannings include duplicated items, ST is just being pathetic. If that was the case, the PSO population would MAJORLY decrease.

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-11-26 13:45, Voltis_V wrote:
Is it just hacked/illegal/unreleased items? If these bannings include duplicated items, ST is just being pathetic. If that was the case, the PSO population would MAJORLY decrease.

by about 60% i would say...

Eum
Nov 26, 2003, 05:08 PM
While duplicated items may be going too far to those who use such a feature for security reasons, there is no reason that you should throw the naive card out because the right items when duplicated can be just as bad as the hacked items.

60%? OK. I support Sonic Team's decision, and can't say I wouldn't do the same, regardless of financial consequences. 60% is a welcomed percentage anyway, since we all know what 60% is compromised of. Not even remotely sorry to see you go.

Superguppie
Nov 26, 2003, 05:41 PM
You make it sound like this is a controled action by ST. I doubt it. I have been banned for 24 hours, and someone I know for 48. And I haven't got a clue which item got me that. It would make sense if ST would have realeased a list of ban-items, and if the same effect would go for the US servers.
So as far as I can tell, something is wildly out of control here. Don't commend ST for it just yet.

Logical2u
Nov 26, 2003, 05:43 PM
*backs away slowly from Gamecube*

I'm... gonna stay offline for a bit. My main char has 2 shop-duped and hacked items (not by myself though, and I will be getting rid of them (IE On to my Racaseal) soon. Until saint rappies.

It might just be that Sonic Team is looking into item data history, randomly banning, or one of those 'disconnect' bots (like the one Barubery had) have been upgraded, or Sonic Team was hacked.

OniTatsujin
Nov 26, 2003, 06:24 PM
whats the PAL version...
and should i get rid of my char that is maxed stats?
he is also my highest leveled char(111)
rest are 51 and below

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 06:29 PM
yes, the maxed stat chars are probably going to be banned to hell, along with all the 300BKBs, flou genes, and all the other hacked items

Nai_Calus
Nov 26, 2003, 06:30 PM
I'm almost afraid to go on tonight, LOL. Maybe I can get banned with my card that has four L1 characters with nothing at all but 300 Meseta, a Frame, a Saber/Handgun/Cane, a L5 Mag, 4 Monomates and 4 Monofluids. Damned hacked monofluids. I hate those.

Heh, I should go see if I can get a ban too. Got pure untouched L1s, and chars with hacks equipped and more in the bank. Won't matter much if I do get banned, I suppose, since people will likely be staying away in droves until ST fixes whatever cock-up is occuring that's getting even legits banned. O_o;

LamerPanda
Nov 26, 2003, 06:45 PM
The US servers don't really seem to be banning, but not sure on this. I didn't try with blatantly hacked items, just a bunch of duped God/Units. Nothing, except I noticed that it was very, very laggy. Hmm.

If you've got anything hacked, I reccomend you put it on another memory card or get rid of it, if the US servers are particularly laggy then it might mean that something's up with them, too.

OniTatsujin
Nov 26, 2003, 07:10 PM
maybe they're laggy becuase they are starting to let peopel with aol to go online =)

i wish -_-;;;

Nai_Calus
Nov 26, 2003, 08:22 PM
I just spent an hour online hopping ships and servers with my HUmar. Hacks were equipped, unequipped, taken out of the bank, put back in the bank, used to kill monsters... Absolutely jack squat. Not on US, not on JP, and not on EU either. (For the record, I had a Red Ring, Tsumikiri J-sword, L1304 Andhaka, 300% Dark BKB, Dark Flow, S-rank J-Cutter and an untekked S-rank mechgun.)

This. Is. So. Sad.

-_-;;;

ShadowFOrce
Nov 26, 2003, 09:00 PM
Hmmm... That's wierd. Oh well you might have just not be caught or ST is stupid and screwed up again. And I hope that they would get rid of all the hackers. You know how much funner PSO would be? You would actually be happy when you killed something. Unline those faggots with the level 1304 mags with TJ-swords at level 1.

shinto_kuji
Nov 26, 2003, 09:59 PM
even if ST were banning people and you went online with hacks/dupes etc. and weren't banned doesn't mean that something is messed up. they can't ban every single unlegit person at once you know.

EDIT: and yes, pso's fun factor would increase a hundred-fold

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-11-26 19:02 ]</font>

JohanCC
Nov 26, 2003, 10:19 PM
On 2003-11-26 16:10, OniTatsujin wrote:
maybe they're laggy becuase they are starting to let peopel with aol to go online =)

i wish -_-;;;

acually, ep3 people are on now. I saw two in Mintaka just now.

OniTatsujin
Nov 26, 2003, 10:32 PM
but does that mean peoepl with AOL can go online???

KaFKa
Nov 26, 2003, 10:34 PM
no, you can't connect with ur crappy 56k aol P.O.S.

OniTatsujin
Nov 26, 2003, 10:35 PM
im talking about AOL DSL not 56k

Taffy
Nov 27, 2003, 09:02 AM
Ok latest update on the ban situation, as of 12pm today my ban was lifted and i thought id try again going online with a diff characater, yesterday was with my hucast who did have illegal items on him so i went on with my hucaseal this time and exactly the same thing happened again. You have items that are outside the games parameters please delete these offline before you can play online blah blah blah something to that effect.

Last night i deleted all items i knew were hacks on all my characters and the only things i can think that caused it are either the 187 pow chao mag or that all my stats except pow and luck are maxed but i dont think its the max stats because all chars bar a couple can have all the stats maxed using various god items and materials.

Anyways i have a PAL copy and have to connect to the EU servers my next step in trying to resolve this is to delete everything except my legit s ranks and armours i know to be legit and also to do the stat reset trick on all my chars i'm also going to make a new character and see if that makes a difference, im just getting worried now because 2 days in a row ive been banned for 24hrs and i dont want a permanent ban http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i havent been reported by anyone because it says when i tried to log on that it was the items that were illegal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taffy on 2003-11-27 06:05 ]</font>

Lillith-Nyo
Nov 27, 2003, 09:07 AM
But doesn't the stat reset trick just reset your material usage? If you've boosted your stats above and beyond the normal limits with the max stat trick then you cant reverse that shy of deleting your afflicted character..

Superguppie
Nov 27, 2003, 09:26 AM
So it seems the problem persists. And not a word from ST about what items are banned...
And not a word of US players being banned...
This is getting frustrating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-27 06:27 ]</font>

Lillith-Nyo
Nov 27, 2003, 09:29 AM
Indeed, why the hell is PAL being banned? Of all minorities, PAL gets banned, the least amount of people using, and we are the ones getting slapped with bans left right and center, whilst everyone else happily runs around with Red Rings and stuff online >_<

1/2 an hour to go for me.

Taffy
Nov 27, 2003, 09:48 AM
If i do the stat reset trick it will reset all my stats back to the base level it will also reset my challenge and battle scores and any items that my character has, but unfortunately until i can get back online i cant do this.

On another site the rumour is ST are targeting the EU as it seems to have the least amount of players and can see how well the banning goes as to illegal items and see how many it might affect the other ships but this is just a rumour, either way there is no chance im remaking my main character when shes lev 172 and my other characters are 146 and 142.

Lillith-Nyo
Nov 27, 2003, 09:55 AM
Oh I see, so it resets your statistics back to the base stats you would be at for your level? And as well as wiping out the effect on your stats that materials have had?

Superguppie
Nov 27, 2003, 09:57 AM
Same here. lvl158 2000+ hrs RAmar with a legit FS on which I have used all P-drops I found.
No way I'm gonna strip him naked and start over with a handgun...

Plus, where is the list of banned items????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-27 06:58 ]</font>

OniTatsujin
Nov 27, 2003, 10:14 AM
On 2003-11-27 06:57, Superguppie wrote:
Same here. lvl158 2000+ hrs RAmar with a legit FS on which I have used all P-drops I found.
No way I'm gonna strip him naked and start over with a handgun...

Plus, where is the list of banned items????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-27 06:58 ]</font>

so you used the max stat trick on him?

Taffy
Nov 27, 2003, 10:15 AM
What im doing is transferring all items im 100% sure are legit to another character because when you reset back to base stats it only affects that character and whatever is on them so if stuff you want to keep is on another character then that wont be affected http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Superguppie
Nov 27, 2003, 10:23 AM
On 2003-11-27 07:14, OniTatsujin wrote:
so you used the max stat trick on him?

Nope, I am as legit as can expected from someone that is not completely paranoid.

But as long as ST doesn't tell anyone what items are in and which are out, the only way to make absolutly certain i have no 'out' ones is to delete them all.
I do consider it possible that ST is banning things that are perfectly legit, but have stats that put it up for a mass dupe. On itself I wouldn't really complain about it, even if it hit me. But right now it seems I should dump ALL of the valuables I collected and basicaly start over. Why doesn't ST tell us what the f*** is going on?

Superguppie
Nov 27, 2003, 10:48 AM
I just got the following reply to my mail to sega:

"Thank you for your email. Sonic Team have informed us that they included 'pre-tested server code' against cheat users by mistake during server maintenance yesterday. All bans have now been lifted."

So, ST messed up and all should be well now.
I haven't tried getting on yet, as I am currently out of reach of my GC. I'll be back in reach in a few hours and will see what happened.

At least we know now that ST IS working on code against cheating. So ST DOES CARE! Although the care may very well be motivated by the release of Ep.3.
I hope they will get the anti cheat code right and have it help keep the game fun for all.
I just wonder what the next cheat is the hackers will come up with...

Black000Moon
Nov 27, 2003, 11:06 AM
hmmmm ST finally got brains...

Lillith-Nyo
Nov 27, 2003, 11:53 AM
Well I got back online fine, with my 2nd memory card, and then I tempted fate and tried with my normal characters.

All is ok and fine, and no problems whatsoever, glad to see that it was just a fuckup on Sonic Teams part, but I'm still pissed off that legits got banned aswell.

muff
Nov 27, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-11-27 08:53, Lillith-Nyo wrote:
I'm still pissed off that legits got banned aswell.

Me too >_> Yeah the bans have been lifted. Me is back online and found another Aura Field. I'll take that as a peace offering and compensation.

*Shakes fist.

Lillith-Nyo
Nov 27, 2003, 12:04 PM
Heh, I'd prefer a days compensation in HL because of the whole debacle, but I think I'm being a fraction too optimistic.

And to all those that were contemplating the attributes resetting, I wouldn't bother with it heh, I know a few people back online already that have used the max stats trick to boost their stats, and they've managed to get back online just fine.

Heh, it's ironic too, after pining for a good PSO session after getting banned last night, I dont feel like PSO at all now that I'm unbanned..

*Sigh*

Taffy
Nov 27, 2003, 03:48 PM
Actually im glad this has happened because now i have got rid of all my hacked stuff and i can feel a little more legit now lol even tho im not going to reset my stats but i have discovered a way to cheat on cmode hehe.

ADE
Nov 27, 2003, 05:57 PM
Cmode is designed to improve yourslef. Why would you stoop as low to cheat at that? Have you no personal integrity.

Wow, if you have to cheat even on Cmode, you really do suck.

shinto_kuji
Nov 27, 2003, 08:53 PM
thank god, ADE has finally said the most intelligent and correct thing ive ever heard... well except for when i used to always say it to people back on dc. uhm, if you have to cheat on cmode, not only do you suck like ade said, but your just pathetic. not only is cmode not even in the least bit difficult, but its called "challenge" for a reason. ill let people go who cheat on lv up or whatever (even though i hate it), but people who cheat at cmode deserve a slap in the face and a kick in the "mags".

EDIT: spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-11-27 18:57 ]</font>

trunkszero
Nov 27, 2003, 09:36 PM
i agree thats the most intelligent thing i've seen ADE post and i agree with him, cmode is bettering your skills, why cheat that?

ilr2000
Nov 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
This is extremely fascinating.

I hope they fix the code and slap it back on there.

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 03:09 AM
On 2003-11-27 14:57, ADE wrote:
Cmode is designed to improve yourslef. Why would you stoop as low to cheat at that? Have you no personal integrity.

Wow, if you have to cheat even on Cmode, you really do suck.

And you think anyone cheating outside C-mode does have personal integrity?
To me cheating in C-mode is just as bad as cheating at anything else. It takes away the fun, and often not just that of the cheater.

trunkszero
Nov 28, 2003, 03:27 AM
cmode also shows you who sucks at pso

AngelAlys
Nov 28, 2003, 03:46 AM
In my eyes I have no sympathy for those people who are picking up bans... They ruin a fantastic game witht their dupes and hacks and long may the banning continue... It's time to face the consequences everyone... now live with it!

AndyPandy
Nov 28, 2003, 04:19 AM
They have to give people a chance to dispose of items before they get banned. It figures that many new players or unaware players will have been given banned items or are using banned items, and may not even know they are banned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-11-28 01:19 ]</font>

AquaFlare7
Nov 28, 2003, 04:38 AM
I seriously doubt it had anything to do with my email I sent awhile back, as one man is never big enough to take on logic and opinion alone, but just for your viewing pleasure I kept a carbon copy of my email-

I never took the time to write in to anyone, and I am sure that this email probably wont get far enough up the chain to have anything serious done. But can you please tell me why the server's haven't been patched to detect hacked weapons? Even version 1 back on the dreamcast had that patch if I remember correctly. I know that you feel if you start suspending all of the accounts with hacked items you will be losing money, but just think of how much money has been lost already from the potential players that chose not to go on an insecure server, nor pay for a hunters lisence only to see evryone walking around with rico's red ring. Will I continue to play PSO on the gamecube regaurdless of where you go from here? Probably, but I know many people who would not. I am a truely concerned individual in all of this and if there is any way in which I can help then please, contact me. I have followed your work for many years and will continue to follow, but I need to know that you are still there. Even if I cannot help you in any way, I would sincerely like some sort of logical reason as to why these things have not been done on the servers. I myself have an understanding of the nature of servers, and know that it only takes a few moments to include a script that reads items from the inventory / bank and then gives an appropriate message. This is the only time I am going to contact you in regaurds to this and I know you will do what is in the best interest of the company. Just consider the player for a moment and get back with me....

just felt like sharing so don't go believing I did anything, nor touched any sega guy's heart. And I swear to bob if ANYONE points out a typo I am going to force you to use 56k AOL for the rest of your life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2003-11-28 01:41 ]</font>

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 04:43 AM
On 2003-11-28 00:46, AngelAlys wrote:
In my eyes I have no sympathy for those people who are picking up bans... They ruin a fantastic game witht their dupes and hacks and long may the banning continue... It's time to face the consequences everyone... now live with it!

I don't think banning will accomplish much except for the cheaters going underground. However, I don't really see an alternative, except for patching up the holes in the software, which seems to be hard, since ST hasn't done so already.
But banning the way it went yesterday doesn't make sense: No info on what was right or wrong. Pretty much anyone logging on to EU servers was banned, legit or not.
As AndyPandy said, we should get a chance to dispose of our trash, even if we don't know now that it is trash.

And ofcourse we get to the problematic part of the legit items that get duped to hell and back. ST may decide to ban such an item for a while to get rid of the dupes. But that would hurt the few that have it legit too. I don't think I would have a problem with that if it was 1 or 2 items, but suppose I would have to get rid of all my favorite (legit) weapons just because some bunch of assholes massduped theirs. That would really suck...

@AquaFlare7: I think the reason we don't have banbots installed yet has been demonstrated yesterday: The code isn't properly tested, and seems to be a bit overenthousiastic. Considering that such banbots were there in the early DC days, I consider it likely that ST hasn't been working on it because of your mail, but instead they have been working on it from the beginning of the GC version, and just not gotten it right yet.
Anyway, whatever the motivation, I hope they get it right soon and PSO will be greatly improved by it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-28 01:48 ]</font>

Da_Wrecka
Nov 28, 2003, 10:07 AM
On 2003-11-28 00:46, AngelAlys wrote:

And what about us poor schmos with legit weapons, never knowingly use anything hacked/duped/whatever, never max statted, never duped except to back up items in case of FSOD (I've lost a Magical Piece to an FSOD, so at that point I concluded "FUCK YOU SONIC TEAM" - check that, I decided fuck SONIC TEAM, not other players) never knowingly trade duped items, never bitch and whinge about other players except the complete assholes, who got banned anyway?

Taffy
Nov 28, 2003, 10:29 AM
Lets get something straight i have absolutely no intention of cheating on challenge mode all i said was i can do, and in case you are wondering i have completed challenge about 18 times now with different characters i have made s ranks for others during this time and now im trying to complete my own legit set of s ranks of which i only have 2 more to get, the wand and the cane and then i have all 14 weps (all but 2 with the same name).

I love challenge mode and would never cheat on it because its the only part of the game where its completely legit and is what pso is all about sharing and helping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and you will nearly always find 1 of my characters in the jp challenge block helping some1 or trying to get my own s ranks if you ever see me giz a shout ill probably be more than happy to help my characters are Rebecca c hucaseal, Nibbler racast, Dave hucast and challengebot a hucast. As for the way i meant to cheating was for max hp and tp which u will notice i never use so please dont slate me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taffy on 2003-11-28 07:39 ]</font>