PDA

View Full Version : double save in PSOX?

StrikeTeam
Nov 26, 2003, 11:43 PM
Ok after logging in with my lv 109 HUmar i was greated with a frinedly message stating that my game was currupt or the server had detetcted something it shouldnt have. So All my items and rank was erased. there are a couple possiblities to this. I admit i have a mod chip but i play legit on pso ( i use my chip for linux) i back up my saves on a regular basis. yesterday i had o restore the pso dave to a earlier date because i was problem with something.So is it possible because i used a older save file that it detected that and deleted it? it cant be currupt cause i transfered the whole pso game save and only one charecter got this error. some helpy would be apreciated cause i would like to know why i lost my legit s-rank = /

hayato42
Nov 27, 2003, 12:00 AM
As far as I know, it's not a error with it saving multiple times. Rather, it's just a random error that happens to some people. It's extremely rare that it happens. I've only heard of 2-3 people tops that had this happen to them.

Wufei
Nov 27, 2003, 09:51 AM
I don't have any experience with that stuff, but I know that Xbox Live instantly bans people if it detects a mod chip. Maybe you forgot to turn it off?

rena-ko
Nov 27, 2003, 11:15 AM
how old was your backup? the server saves the character time of your client-save when you log off. if your actual client savefile is less in time than the saved time at the server (bound to your hunters license) for any reason, the server smells cheating and tries to treat your file accordingly.

trick is overwrite your current treatened files with your backup again, then start an offline game with your character and idle there until you pass the chara-time that you had when you logged off from online mode the last time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-27 08:18 ]</font>

StrikeTeam
Nov 27, 2003, 01:09 PM
i was able to revert back to that save and transfer all my item to another char. so once i got the char. stripped of all items and was online playable again i just transfered all my items back. your prabably right about the time thing. And my chip was off if it was on i wouldnt be able to get on at all.