PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand probability

DarthFomar
Nov 27, 2003, 02:00 PM
I am aiming for a Psycho Wand that my lvl 49 purplenum FOmar can find in caves. I have been through several times. I have already found 3 Mil Lillys, but I have not had any luck. Has anyone found it with a purplenum, and can you estimate how many runs you did *mil lillys you had to kill*, to get the Psycho Wand. Any help is appreciated.

muff
Nov 27, 2003, 02:11 PM
I would say over 100 Mil lilys average.
Hell up to 200 Mil Lilys.

Its worth it if your gonna be a full time FO. Especially a fonewm.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 27, 2003, 02:17 PM
76 have screwed me so far. >_<

Jeff86
Nov 27, 2003, 02:22 PM
Ya, it will probably take you a while, but hey, you may get lucky with your next Mil, you never know. My brother has piped..about 30ish Mils and so far he's found a bunch of crap, and a Photon Drop, that wasnt a good day. He's pretty much givin up on that for a while, but like muff said it would definetly be worth it fo a FOnewm.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 27, 2003, 02:26 PM
Well, Jeff, you're brothers one up on me. I have'nt even seena photon drop from a purplenum Mil.

Caecilius
Nov 27, 2003, 02:45 PM
Must be said, there are more worthwhile FO weapons out there, like a Guardianna or a Prophets of Motav for example.

heyf00L
Nov 27, 2003, 06:02 PM
around 1 out of 205.

Eihwaz
Nov 27, 2003, 06:35 PM
On 2003-11-27 11:45, Caecilius wrote:
Must be said, there are more worthwhile FO weapons out there, like a Guardianna or a Prophets of Motav for example.

I agree that the Prophets of Motav and Guardianna are good weapons, but not as good as the Psycho Wand.

Prophets of Motav is a Oran-only wand that boosts the RA techs 20%. The PWand gives a 30% boost, and cuts TP use in Half, and takes the other half from your HP. The PoM is still worth using, if you can find one. The PoM is a Ult Ruins Drop, I believe, so it will be hard to find...

The Guardianna is really not that comparable to the PWand. It's a strong, rare Card-type weapon. It's special, Spirit, makes it a lethal melee weapon, especially if it has Hit%.

Oh, and I was explaining to everyone. I figure you already know all of this, Caecilius. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Personally, the PoM would be more useful for a FOnewearl, becuase of their very low HP. But a PWand (and some God/HPs) are very good for FOnewearls. FOnewms also do very well with those.

Hrith
Nov 27, 2003, 06:44 PM
1 out of 205 ????!!
I cannot believe I got it on my first !

btw, PW does not "take the other half" of the TP cost, that's DARK BRIDGE. PW take the full cost of the spell used from your HP gauge.

Eihwaz
Nov 27, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-11-27 15:44, Kefka wrote:
1 out of 205 ????!!
I cannot believe I got it on my first !

btw, PW does not "take the other half" of the TP cost, that's DARK BRIDGE. PW take the full cost of the spell used from your HP gauge.

Whoa...that's bad news for FOnewearls...So the PWand gives you 30% RA Tech Boost, cuts TP cost in half, but takes the FULL cost from your HP, whereas the dark bridge powers up grants and megid penetrates, cuts TP in half, but slowly leaches HP and gives you random status? Bleh.

I'll take PoM for right now, thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nohra
Nov 27, 2003, 07:05 PM
Bridge doesn't leech. >.> It just takes 1/2 HP when you cast stuff. Resta will still heal you to full HP though.

Soukosa
Nov 27, 2003, 08:27 PM
Having used all 3, here's a summery:
Prophets of Motav: 20% Boost to Ra techs and a good MST boost. Its special casts a low level of Jellen or Zalure.
Psycho Wand: 30% boost to Ra techs, cuts TP cost in half and takes the full cost of techs from your HP. It's special summons a randomly choosen low level simple tech.
Dark Bridge: 20% boost to Grants and Megid, causes Megid to penetrate, and randomly cause freeze, confusion, and paralysis.

Ketchup345
Nov 27, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:27, Sounomi wrote:
Having used all 3, here's a summery:
Dark Bridge: 20% boost to Grants and Megid, causes Megid to penetrate, and randomly cause freeze, confusion, and paralysis.

So the boost to Megid boosts its effectiveness, or are you still unsure about that?

Soukosa
Nov 27, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:37, Ketchup345 wrote:
So the boost to Megid boosts its effectiveness, or are you still unsure about that?

I would think it would, since some enemies have an EDK over 100 (besides the Ep 2 bosses).

Ketchup345
Nov 27, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:42, Sounomi wrote:
I would think it would, since some enemies have an EDK over 100 (besides the Ep 2 bosses).

Ok, so the same for the other items that boost Megid?

Soukosa
Nov 27, 2003, 08:52 PM
I'd think so. But, are there other items that boost Megid? There's only 2 items that I know of that affect Megid, Dark Bridge and Demonic Fork and the DF doesn't boost it, it only causes it to penetrate.

Ketchup345
Nov 27, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-11-27 17:52, Sounomi wrote:
I'd think so. But, are there other items that boost Megid? There's only 2 items that I know of that affect Megid, Dark Bridge and Demonic Fork and the DF doesn't boost it, it only causes it to penetrate.

Ok, I didn't know if there were more and I knew the DF had something to do with Megid, not sure if it would boost it or not though. I wish I had them, and had a high enough FO to actually do some tests.

Soukosa
Nov 27, 2003, 09:06 PM
I need to work on getting a DF sometime, mainly for the sake having it for one of my current goals (*points to sig*) and maybe to see what's it like and all.

KaFKa
Nov 27, 2003, 09:13 PM
the only thing that's god about Pwand IMO is the megid boost. although the only FO i have is a FOnney, so ireally wouldn't use it at all

Soukosa
Nov 27, 2003, 09:14 PM
P. Wand doesn't boost Grants, so I seriously doubt that it would boost Megid. Same goes with the PoM.

Hrith
Nov 27, 2003, 09:17 PM
I think you mean DEMONIC FORK, not PSYCHO WAND.

I use the DEMONIC FORK on my FOmarl, when I play Seabed, I haven't noticed a better efficiency with it, only it penetrates.

I shall use DARK BRIDGE from now on and see what I can tell you about boosting Megid's efficiency beside allowing it to penetrate.

Eihwaz
Nov 28, 2003, 05:09 AM
On 2003-11-27 18:17, Kefka wrote:
I think you mean DEMONIC FORK, not PSYCHO WAND.

I use the DEMONIC FORK on my FOmarl, when I play Seabed, I haven't noticed a better efficiency with it, only it penetrates.

I shall use DARK BRIDGE from now on and see what I can tell you about boosting Megid's efficiency beside allowing it to penetrate.

Now, I suppose when you say "Megid penetrates" you mean that it pierces through the enemies, like a Photon Launcher, right?

And the item info for the PoM doesn't mention an MST boost...Makes me glad I'm getting one in a trade. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Jazhara
Nov 28, 2003, 06:25 AM
IMO Magical Piece is better for a FOmar, and much easier to get. FOmar already has 30% extra to Normal techniques, the Piece makes that 60%. Add in a Merge, and it's 90%. Not bad...

As long as you're skilled enough to use Gizonde and Gibarta in place of Hard techs, it's fine. Gifoie obviously rocks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eihwaz
Nov 28, 2003, 06:35 PM
Magical Piece would indeed be good for a FOmar...but look at that weap and then look at any FOmar. *shudders*

Meh, I'd personally go with a Sorceror's Cane. 20% boost to Gi-techs (so on a FOmar that's 50% total to Gi-techs), and cuts TP usage by 10%. Not much, but it helps, certainly. The Sorceror's Cane is really hard to get though, and the magical piece requires online...

But both are good weapons.