PDA

View Full Version : Is online PSO worth it?

shagbrother13
Nov 27, 2003, 10:42 PM
I have never played PSO online. I don't have the hook up or anything. But is PSO online really that great? its about $120 bucks a year to play and what about lag? if the lag is real bad than would it be worth it? And is there a faster way to talk online than use that Y and type it in letter by letter. Because the shortcuts they give you by pressing the D-pad there are only 8 of them. I know SEGA puts out new weapons and quests every so offen but is it more fun to play online when you can do the same with 4 buddies in the same room? I'm just asking cus many of you guys have played online and I haven't. Peace out.

deathreaper
Nov 27, 2003, 10:45 PM
i ask the same question about a month ago and i decided to by online and i have never regreted it online is worth it...hence the title Phantasy Star ONLINE

Toruxxx
Nov 27, 2003, 11:29 PM
well i would have to say yes it is worth it u meet loads of cool ppl and have loads of fun. You can buy a keyboard for the GC if thats what u have and if u have XBL u have the voice both are as good as each other. I havent played the GC pso online b4 so im not sure if theres lag or not but i dun think there would be that much and for xbox there is no lag at all as everyone has a BB connection.

hyper_sonic
Nov 27, 2003, 11:35 PM
There's not that much lag in the game unless you are in a game who has a slow host. then the lag is bad, but I haven't had that big of a problem with it.

polishedweasel
Nov 28, 2003, 05:06 AM
That's the only way to play, otherwise the game sucks giant whale genitals. ???

Nai_Calus
Nov 28, 2003, 05:26 AM
Getting online is definitely worth it. The game is a hell of a lot more fun online, as opposed to offline where it is so incredibly bloody boring.

Actually, you can have 20 shortcuts. You see the ones for the F keys? Notice how the soft keyboard has them? If you bring it up and hit one that has a shortcut mapped, it does the shortcut. But gods, get a keyboard, I'm without one and it SUCKS. >_<;;; Even coordinating a PB combo is a hassle, so... Yeah.

Either be prepared to lose your favorite weapons at any time, or learn to dupe and make backups in case of FSOD. I had a one-second power outage this morning fighting Olga Flow online. Same effects as a FSOD. Lost everything, and I'd had a good amount of stuff with me for Seabed, all of it good legit rares I'd had the sense to make backups, which I then merely retrieved from the bank next time I played. *shrug*

Don't go and get every dupe in the game your first day online. But don't buy into the 'Dupe users bad, legits good' thing either, there are some cool people and some real jerks on both sides. If you do go down the dirty road of cheating, don't cheat in legit games, and if someone asks you to put a weapon away, do so. Really, you can do just fine in a game with even relatively crappy weapons if you're a high enough level.

Watch out on lower difficulties if you're raising a char of a class you don't have good rares for. Even the legits so disgustingly over-twink their chars that you can't keep up unless you're similarily uber.

Don't spend all your time hiding in locked games by yourself, either. Make/join some open ones and meet people. You'll find a bunch of incompetent morons, but you'll also find some nice people.

Just some random advice if you do decide to get on.

shagbrother13
Nov 28, 2003, 12:22 PM
Ok thanks guys. I was just wondering how online games were. And I thank you agian. But I more question. Where do you get all the online hook up? I looked in Target and Waltmart and neither of them have the GC keyboard or the Ether-Net Cable (I don't know if I spelled that right.) Thanks. Peace out.

Squeege
Nov 28, 2003, 01:30 PM
You could buy them of the internet maybe. I don't know how much for.

Selatein
Nov 28, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-11-28 09:22, shagbrother13 wrote:
Ok thanks guys. I was just wondering how online games were. And I thank you agian. But I more question. Where do you get all the online hook up? I looked in Target and Waltmart and neither of them have the GC keyboard or the Ether-Net Cable (I don't know if I spelled that right.) Thanks. Peace out.

When it comes to the Broad Band Adapter, or the Modem Adapter, the problem is that stores don't carry 'em anymore. They figure that anyone who wants it already has it--and games for the Gamecube that support online features are non-existant, except for PSO. However, you can still get whatever you need.

When it comes to the broadband Adapter, go to Nintendo.com (http://www.nintendo.com). There, you can go to the store, and you can order what you need. If you don't like ordering things online, (and if you live in the U.S.) you can call 1-800-255-3700 and order there (it's Nintendo's hotline).

Now, if you need a keyboard (Which would be a LOT easier than using that cursed software keyboard...) go here:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/midwestgames/nin64gam.html

You can get whatever kind of keyboard you want there. I suggest the Keyboard adapter, because it's cheaper and allows you to use a normal keyboard. However, if you don't mind parting with more money, you can get the keyboard that works strictly for the Gamecube.