PDA

View Full Version : Give me a reason....

Blue-Hawk
Nov 27, 2003, 11:58 PM
Please, give me reasons NOT to kill my purplenum ramarl. Granted she is lv 173, but the id is the WORST in the game. And please, do NOT tell me about a Lavis Cannon from a Tolaw and a Psycho Wand from Mil Lilly, because I have HAD it with purplenum Tolaw's and Mil Lillies.

Soukosa
Nov 28, 2003, 12:01 AM
On 2003-11-27 20:58, blue-hawk wrote:
the id is the WORST in the game.

Like it has been said many times before, all IDs are equal. Just because it doesn't give you what you want, doesn't make it the worst ID in the game.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 12:03 AM
It doesn't give me ANYTHING anymore. My pinkal, on the other hand, is giving me quite a lot.

Soukosa
Nov 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
I haven't had any problems with getting rares on Purplenum, outside of the normal ones that affect all IDs.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 12:15 AM
On 2003-11-27 21:12, Sounomi wrote:
I haven't had any problems with getting rares on Purplenum, outside of the normal ones that affect all IDs.

I don't even get those anymore. All I get now are photon drops. Those are completely useless to me. I can't go online. And if this is the mechgun ID, WHERE ARE ALL THE MECHS?! I go quite often without seeing any at all. Not even a vulcan.

DOG21313
Nov 28, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-11-27 21:03, blue-hawk wrote:
It doesn't give me ANYTHING anymore. My pinkal, on the other hand, is giving me quite a lot.

Whoa, thats the opposite of what it should be... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well, I used to hate my yellowboze, until today, look at this: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70542&forum=7&2

Everyone has your rare streaks, yours just may not have come yet. I'd rather have mine come later than sooner, you get better rares http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyways, its not the rares that make the game, its the fun you have playing.

Soukosa
Nov 28, 2003, 12:19 AM
Something doesn't sound right, you should be finding the normal photon mechguns.

KaFKa
Nov 28, 2003, 12:19 AM
...just because the sectionID doesen't give you the best rares, doesen't mean you should kill the character. come on now, she's level 172, which is an accomplishment in itself. not to mention the fact that you have the chance to get some other good rares. true, the lavis cannon and psyco wand are some of the most sought after rares, but i really don't think that you should be going for just those two. but, as always, it's up to you. if you're wanting to kill her, go ahead and do it. (just make sure you have all of the rares you want off of her before you do it)

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 12:25 AM
On 2003-11-27 21:19, Sounomi wrote:
Something doesn't sound right, you should be finding the normal photon mechguns.

I barely ever see them anymore, except for the shops.
As for the 2 prominent rares, I have also given yp on the following in purplenum
Yas 2000h
Gi Gue's abdomen
Maser Beam *yes i know it sucks, but i want to for fun*
Red Mechs
Baranz Parts
Purplenum Card
Smoking Plate
DB's Armor
Anything in all difficulties of the Seabed.

kingmurp
Nov 28, 2003, 12:44 AM
I use to feel the same way about my bluefull, I made a different char, played with them until i missed my other char. Just don't get rid of it, unless you like wasting the 800+ hrs you put into that char. Sometimes rare hunting just has dry spells. And yes tollaws do suck, and piping gets old quick, change your methods.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 12:49 AM
I already have a fallback ramarl under greenil. I was thinking along tihe lines of a melee fomarl to make the game more interesting.

NodMan
Nov 28, 2003, 01:01 AM
1st reason: Purplenum Card from Nano Dragons Ult. Caves
2nd reason: Yasminkov 9000M from Canunes Ult. Mines.
3rd reason: Kasami Bracer from Canabins Ult. Mines.
4th reason: Guardianna from Arlans Ult. Ruins.
5th reason: Yasminkov 9000M from Crimson Assassins Ult. VR Temple.
6th reason: Gi Gue's Body from Gi Gue Ult. Seaside.
7th reason: Gal Gryphon Wing from Gal Gryphon Ult. CCA.
8th reason: Tripolic Shield from Morfos Ul.t Seabed.
9th reason: She is level 173! Come on I get pissed when my characters get corrupted and have to be deleted! But to delet a character around level 173 on purpose what is wrong with you?!?!?!? Are you Malo San Maka (Slightly deranged) or something?!?!? If you don't want her send me your memory card and I'll give you a brand new USB 64MB in it's place!

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 01:07 AM
On 2003-11-27 22:01, NodMan wrote:
1st reason: Purplenum Card from Nano Dragons Ult. Caves
2nd reason: Yasminkov 9000M from Canunes Ult. Mines.
3rd reason: Kasami Bracer from Canabins Ult. Mines.
4th reason: Guardianna from Arlans Ult. Ruins.
5th reason: Yasminkov 9000M from Crimson Assassins Ult. VR Temple.
6th reason: Gi Gue's Body from Gi Gue Ult. Seaside.
7th reason: Gal Gryphon Wing from Gal Gryphon Ult. CCA.
8th reason: Tripolic Shield from Morfos Ul.t Seabed.
9th reason: She is level 173! Come on I get pissed when my characters get corrupted and have to be deleted! But to delet a character around level 173 on purpose what is wrong with you?!?!?!? Are you Malo San Maka (Slightly deranged) or something?!?!? If you don't want her send me your memory card and I'll give you a brand new USB 64MB in it's place!

1- Gave up on that after literally hundreds of addicting food runs since lv 88.
2-5 - Got them already, from all those sources.
6- If you say Gi Gue abdomen, I will kill someone. See reason #1 but lv 100.
7- Don't really want it, but otherwise, just has impossible to get.

As for the deranged part, yes I am. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have killed characters over lv 100 because I didn't like the developement.

NodMan
Nov 28, 2003, 01:19 AM
Why can they not stand up in Ult. Ruins or Seabed or something else?!?!?

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 01:29 AM
Stand up?!
I can't get anything to drop at all in purplenum. Not even a photon drop there.

NodMan
Nov 28, 2003, 01:37 AM
On 2003-11-27 22:29, blue-hawk wrote:
Stand up?!

Dude give it time! I had the same problem for about a week with my LV135 Greennill FOnewm (at the time) and I considered destroying him, but I didn't instead I leveled up my HUcast and then the other day I was playing him and I found a DF Field and Red Mechguns in the same room! So all I can say is give it time and play some other character for a while then try her again.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 01:44 AM
On 2003-11-27 22:37, NodMan wrote:

Stand up?!

Dude give it time! I had the same problem for about a week with my LV135 Greennill FOnewm (at the time) and I considered destroying him, but I didn't instead I leveled up my HUcast and then the other day I was playing him and I found a DF Field and Red Mechguns in the same room! So all I can say is give it time and play some other character for a while then try her again.

I have gone for 3 month stretches with my purplenum and nothing. Then I got me an s-berrils arms a month and a half ago and nothing since.

Edit- Being slightly off topic here, it's almost 2 am eastern here and I have to go to work in the morning. Maybe by the time I get home from work, SOMEONE can give me a convincing reason not to kill her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blue-hawk on 2003-11-27 22:47 ]</font>

NodMan
Nov 28, 2003, 01:48 AM
On 2003-11-27 22:44, blue-hawk wrote:

On 2003-11-27 22:37, NodMan wrote:

Stand up?!

I have gone for 3 month stretches with my purplenum and nothing. Then I got me an s-berrils arms a month and a half ago and nothing since.

Like I said give it time! The longer you play the more chances you have of getting something. But you just can't play like one run through Forest and quit for an hour you have to keep at it!

Soukosa
Nov 28, 2003, 01:50 AM
Blue-Hawk, could you give me a summery of all of what you've been finding and haven't been finding with your Purplenum lately? I might be able to help you with this based off of what I've dug up lately.

kingmurp
Nov 28, 2003, 05:58 AM
might i suggest playing online, with good friends. Thats what keeps me comin back. I reached a similar predicament a few months ago. It's only ten bucks a month. You can meet decent people not playing on antares 8 and and even some tolerable one there.

Jazhara
Nov 28, 2003, 06:22 AM
God / Ability, Gibbles (6 in East Tower)

Rare as hell, but well worth the hunting if you're legit. A high-level RAmarl is perfect for solo Tower too.

MaxBuster
Nov 28, 2003, 11:36 AM
Are you only trying to hunt for the Lavis or P.Wand? Those are super rares so it's not surprising that you haven't gotten anything. For a immediate fix to your craving for rares, I'd suggest you go and play Hard or VHard, a Booma's Arm is always there waiting for you.
Killing a lvl 170+ character is just sad. Go spend $20 on a new memory card instead of deleting something that you've spend hundreds of hours on.

Soukosa
Nov 28, 2003, 11:39 AM
On 2003-11-28 03:22, Jazhara wrote:
God / Ability, Gibbles (6 in East Tower)

Rare as hell, but well worth the hunting if you're legit. A high-level RAmarl is perfect for solo Tower too.

Only problem is that he's not online, so something like that will be as hard as hell to get. Pinkal also drops it, which is at a much better location for offline player as well.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 28, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-11-27 22:50, Sounomi wrote:
Blue-Hawk, could you give me a summery of all of what you've been finding and haven't been finding with your Purplenum lately? I might be able to help you with this based off of what I've dug up lately.

The basic saber types, rod's, cane's, green boxes, griders mainly and scapes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , as well as much basic armor, handguns, shots, money, photon drops up the arse and nothing much else. The drops for even a vulcan have trickled to almost none. As for runs, I usually make many, many runs through various areas.

Edit- Damn, I forgot to mention that I gave up a while ago on the Lavis cannon and recently on the Psycho wand. That and any Episode 2 mini boss ever dropping anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blue-hawk on 2003-11-28 15:42 ]</font>

NodMan
Nov 29, 2003, 12:02 AM
Well all I can say is to play another character for a while and level them up for some time then try her!

Blue-Hawk
Nov 29, 2003, 12:17 AM
On 2003-11-28 21:02, NodMan wrote:
Well all I can say is to play another character for a while and level them up for some time then try her!

Been there, done that. Well, since there have been no convincing arguments, that means that I will soon have a melee fomarl.

Deus-Irae
Nov 29, 2003, 06:09 AM
dont you have any empty slots on your memory card?

is buying another card out of the question?

it just seems drastic to delete such a high level character when you could just make a new character and come back to the lv 173 if and when you felt like it.

do you think its possible that one day you might regret deleting a character you worked for so very long on???

if not, happy deleting!

lain2k3
Nov 29, 2003, 05:40 PM
I'm going through the same thing you are with my Hunny, lvl 153. the only time she EVER finds rares is if they are pD's, or I am in multi, the the crappy rares start to drop. I havent found nything good with her in over 4 months now, and I with all my other characters, and her, I keep on persisting, and I keep going, going, going, hundreds of times. It took me over 600 FoS to get a luminos field with shitty bonuses. It takes me an average of 4-5 rares enemies to find something with a 1/2 drop rate. and you know what?

all my peresistance and effort has given me NOTHING.

The game just doesnt like some people, you and me included. and my characters arent dead. If I need something to get pissed at or to vent at, here I come mines run that yields about 3-4 PD's per run. no actual rares.

I dunno, just keep here there, buy a new card, or delete a lesser char.

and BTW, pinkal is the worst ID.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 29, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-11-29 14:40, lain2k3 wrote:
and BTW, pinkal is the worst ID.

LIES!!!!! ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Pinkal is a great ID. Now, if i can only get my hands on the lv 30 attack disks................ >_<

slimer1231
Nov 30, 2003, 12:37 AM
i remember when i got rid of my 126 Whitill Humar... biggest mistake of my life... trust me, about 10 minutes after you erase the character you feel like you wasted a big part of your life and playing just sucks... leave the character alone or maybe get her to 200 your almost there... so make your melee fomarl on another memery card and forget about your ramarl for a while till your fomarl gets boring (wont take too long) then have some fun with her again:)

get online... 50 for the modem and 10 a month isnt bad for all the fun onlie;)

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
Because you love her. ;_;

Admit it.

Soukosa
Nov 30, 2003, 01:35 AM
On 2003-11-28 15:40, blue-hawk wrote:
The basic saber types, rod's, cane's, green boxes, griders mainly and scapes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , as well as much basic armor, handguns, shots, money, photon drops up the arse and nothing much else. The drops for even a vulcan have trickled to almost none. As for runs, I usually make many, many runs through various areas.

You say that you are finding grinders and PDs, but not Vulcans or rares. That doesn't sound right.

NodMan
Dec 8, 2003, 12:14 AM
On 2003-11-29 22:35, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-11-28 15:40, blue-hawk wrote:

You say that you are finding grinders and PDs, but not Vulcans or rares. That doesn't sound right.

Yeh I still don't see how you could have a dry spell for this long wither!

Blue-Hawk
Dec 8, 2003, 12:51 AM
Doesnt matter anymore. 1 week ago I killer her and made me a bluefull melee fomarl. I was getting bored with playing each character by their rules. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I have had absolutly 0 regret about killing her. lv 173 or not, purplenum just plain blows.

Soukosa
Dec 8, 2003, 01:11 AM
Wow. It's amazing how you can just kill such a high level character like that. Purplenum may have the second least number of common rares, but you can't blame the ID for a drought like that.

RicoRoyal
Dec 8, 2003, 01:29 AM
On 2003-12-07 21:51, blue-hawk wrote:
Doesnt matter anymore. 1 week ago I killer her and made me a bluefull melee fomarl. I was getting bored with playing each character by their rules. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I have had absolutly 0 regret about killing her. lv 173 or not, purplenum just plain blows.

Congratz on finally getting it over with. I had no regrets about killing my lvl. 149 FOnewm since I knew my next character would only kick more ass and have a better ID (yellowboze served its purpose, but I was totally done with it). I too have grown tired of playing by the rules and standards of character classes, which is why my new FOnewm is also on track to being a badass melee (don't laugh, I'm serious).