PDA

View Full Version : Question about the 24h banning...

Shaylen
Nov 28, 2003, 02:40 AM
I spent a good while today and yesterday reading some of the topics on the hacked mag/items ban going on etc etc. While I may not remember all I read (bad memory), I have a question, so I made an account here. If I may have posted this under the wrong forum, my appologies.

I 'heard' that first you're banned for 24 hours if you have hacked/illegal stuff, then a month if you have that kind of stuff again, then... Forver! (Nooo!)

Is that true? or when you are banned for 24 hours, and if you're banned again, is it only for another 24 hours? No permanent banning? I'd cry if I were banned but I got rid of the hacks/illegals I had in my bank. I'm not that much of a cheater, only used a hacked mag once to kick Olga Flow's butt and see Flowen (Might I add, I got turned into Flowen durring that fight and it was ko0).

And a lot of bans have been on the PAL, but I forgot if anyone on the US thing has been banned, a few people have been banned haven't they?

As for hacks/illegals might be getting the ban on you, what about weapons with a lot of 100%s? Any ideas?

Taffy
Nov 28, 2003, 10:48 AM
first time was for 24hrs and also the 2nd time it happened to me but this was due to a fault by sonic team, if i remember on the dreamcast you got a 24hr ban and that could be extended until finally a permanent ban could be imposed.

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 11:01 AM
I think it's all a matter of what policy ST comes up with. So far for GC no banning has taken place, (except for some reported felons I think) and no policy has been defined. We'll just have to wait and see.
I did hear from a friend that he was banned for 48 hours, not 24. Weird...

ILLI
Nov 28, 2003, 11:06 AM
the weapons with 100%s can be done in gallonz so unless its a 300 percent weapon or anything level 1304 i wouldnt worry..

Shaylen
Nov 30, 2003, 12:40 PM
How do you tell if a weapon is 300%? - Edit: Will it actually -say- 300%?

Someone told me my Bringers Rifle was a hack cause it has 100% on Native and my lvl 30-sum RAmarl was doing 900 damage or so to the Dragon (strong attack) and killing Boomas & Savage Wolves & Rappies in one hit, Barbarous Wolves and Goboomas in 2, and Gigoboomas & Hildebears in 3 or more.

Man was I relieved when I went on PSO.. nothing weird happened. I played for 10 hours straight yesterday, ahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaylen on 2003-11-30 09:41 ]</font>

Superguppie
Dec 1, 2003, 04:54 AM
On 2003-11-28 08:06, ILLI wrote:
the weapons with 100%s can be done in gallonz so unless its a 300 percent weapon or anything level 1304 i wouldnt worry..

I would. I heard (luckily haven't had it myself) ST may decide to ban stuff that is legitly obtainable but should be extremely rare and was mass duped. Like, say, Tsumikiri J-Sword. Even if you have a legit one, you may get banned for it. So, I worry about my legit valuables. You bet I do! Much thanks to all the hackers and dupers that may make ST consider this...

On 2003-11-30 09:40, Shaylen wrote:
How do you tell if a weapon is 300%? - Edit: Will it actually -say- 300%?

I've never seen any of those, but I think it doesn't...

Someone told me my Bringers Rifle was a hack cause it has 100% on Native and my lvl 30-sum RAmarl was doing 900 damage or so to the Dragon (strong attack) and killing Boomas & Savage Wolves & Rappies in one hit, Barbarous Wolves and Goboomas in 2, and Gigoboomas & Hildebears in 3 or more.

Hm, a lvl030 doing that kind of damage usualy is a sign of more than just a hacked wep... If the 300% doesn't show on the stats screen, this might be a 300%, and it being called a hack would be justified.

Strictly speaking, a 100% on a wep is doable, except for a 100% hit. However, it takes a lot of patience to get the P-drops to do it. So, if someone offers you one, it's either a dupe of a legit one, or a hack. I won't trust anyone offering such a valuable wep. Especialy if it's for free.