PDA

View Full Version : AR code for Episode 3 in English

Barubary6
Nov 28, 2003, 02:41 AM
As you all know, I haven't made a single AR code for GC PSO... However, I will make one, if people want it.

Should I make a code that enables whatever English the final version of Episode 3 has, like was done with the trial version?

-- Barubary

Jack
Nov 28, 2003, 03:58 AM
Yeah, go on. It might be buggy like Sapph's EP3 Trial English code though.

scmfxt
Nov 28, 2003, 04:12 AM
huh? how so? BTW what does the code do?

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 04:56 AM
I'll wait for the English version to come out. As I understand it, it's only a few months away. I hope it will be enough time to get me to a point in Ep1&2 where I can actualy start sharing time with Ep3...

scmfxt
Nov 28, 2003, 05:06 AM
Never mind. I thought Barubary6 talking about making AR code for the English version of PSO3. I misunderstood.. lol

polishedweasel
Nov 28, 2003, 05:13 AM
On 2003-11-28 01:12, scmfxt wrote:

Makes people that can't read Japanese play the game in English....idiot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

-STE-
Nov 28, 2003, 05:57 AM
Yes i hope you can make it ^ ^
I dont know how many things is already in english in this version maybe cards isnt in english.

But this code can help with menu ecc

I hope you make so i have a reason for buy ar.

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 06:10 AM
On 2003-11-28 02:57, -STE- wrote:
I hope you make so i have a reason for buy ar.

I hope I NEVER find a reason to buy AR...

scmfxt
Nov 28, 2003, 06:26 AM
On 2003-11-28 02:13, polishedweasel wrote:

On 2003-11-28 01:12, scmfxt wrote:

Makes people that can't read Japanese play the game in English....idiot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

No need for that. I thought Barubary6 is making code for US version. Read the one above your post. Barubary6 didn't say it was for JP version.

Guntz Edit: Please read the forum rules and use the term JP instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-11-28 11:43 ]</font>

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 07:13 AM
On 2003-11-28 03:26, scmfxt wrote:
I thought Barubary6 is making code for US version. Read the one above your post. Barubary6 didn't say it was for JP version.

Well, the remark 'like was done with the trial version' made me think immediately the JP version was what was meant. Plus, the US version isn't here yet...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-11-28 11:44 ]</font>

ILLI
Nov 28, 2003, 11:02 AM
BTW.. the term "JAP" is highly offensive to our Japanese friends... use the word JPN or JP when refering to anything Japanese

lol

ADE
Nov 28, 2003, 11:13 AM
Hey Baru, why don't you stop ruining games for legit players! I DON'T want them.

I'm sick of everything you do for attention all the time. Just leave us alone.

rena-ko
Nov 28, 2003, 12:08 PM
On 2003-11-28 08:13, ADE wrote:
Hey Baru, why don't you stop ruining games for legit players! I DON'T want them.

you are a moron.

back on topic:
as i see it, translation of the cards is the easiest part? i think some of the story parts are not translated into all 5 languages (its better to leave all languages out instead of just a few of them).

barubary, i'd say you could work on it, see what it triggers and if its not disturbing the game in any way... spread it or at least your results. *shrugs*

i might add: keep the code for yourself if it might help in any way to reverse-engineer other codes, please. thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-28 09:14 ]</font>

ILLI
Nov 28, 2003, 12:10 PM
talk about attention seeking....

LOOK at you ADE running around to each topic starting stuff and running your mouth...

tgif2000
Nov 28, 2003, 12:44 PM
man this is so foolish, someone is helping us importers to understand the game and SOME PEOPLE SAY NO!
this is so stupuid, think about how many people like my imported the game thinking it was in english....
please baru, do this code!

-STE-
Nov 28, 2003, 12:50 PM

......... you understand topic?

People who dont have ep3 jp dont need to post here only for say stupid things thanks.

Sappharad
Nov 28, 2003, 01:30 PM
If you get around to doing it before I do, (my shipment was delayed so I wont have it till late next week, or the week after) please take your time and do it the hard way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The extra side effects my code caused (such as the non-existant 3rd page of the on-screen KB crashing the game) were OK for the trial, but probably aren't a good idea for the final. I'm sure you can make it save the setting permantaly, so I hope you go about doing that. Anyhow, Best of luck to you then, and I hope to be playing Episode 3 in English sooner that I thought.

VioletSkye
Nov 28, 2003, 01:38 PM
On 2003-11-28 09:50, -STE- wrote:

......... you understand topic?

People who dont have ep3 jp dont need to post here only for say stupid things thanks.

ADE doesn't pay attention to little details like what the topics about. He just likes to open his ignorant mouth and cause problems. Hes a hateful, uptight, immature little prick. My advice is to just overlook his moronic comments.

Zaneatron
Nov 28, 2003, 01:44 PM
On 2003-11-28 10:38, VioletSkye wrote:

ADE doesn't pay attention to little details like what the topics about. He just likes to open his ignorant mouth and cause problems. Hes a hateful, uptight, immature little prick. My advice is to just overlook his moronic comments.

I love the way that rolls off the tongue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

anyway. i think only people who are getting ep3 are qualified to post in this thread.
and last time i checked Barubary didnt make maliscious code that ruined other peoples games. he just works out how the game works and ticks along.
and this time hes even reaching out to the community to help all us english speaking n00bs.
obviously were not as pure and perfect as ADE and we really shouldnt waste his time with abbrasive cheats that are going to ruin everybodies game

Fojar
Nov 28, 2003, 01:56 PM

how would using this code make you any less legit?

oh yeah, that big hacking code of HELPING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND A FUCKING GAME! seriously, because you arent legit unless you play a game you cant even understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fojar on 2003-11-28 10:57 ]</font>

Aurra
Nov 28, 2003, 02:02 PM
Dude, shut up! Everyone knows that reading isn't legit because it gives you an unfair advantage over those who don't know how to read. If you can read THEN YOU'RE A HACKER!

-STE-
Nov 28, 2003, 02:19 PM
I think was better if this topic was on episode 3 forum this forum is full of stupid children who have nothing to do in theyr life to discuss about legit or no legit without understand PSO is only a game or maybe they add only PSO in theyr life.

Guntz348
Nov 28, 2003, 02:46 PM
It is better off here. ADE stop flaming, don't spam and stay on topic! Everyone else just discuss the topic at hand and just ignore the spam and stupid comments. In other words please stay on topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 28, 2003, 02:53 PM
If the translation is in there, and there's a code to unlock it, I say go to work.

Lit
Nov 28, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-11-27 23:41, Barubary6 wrote:
As you all know, I haven't made a single AR code for GC PSO... However, I will make one, if people want it.

Should I make a code that enables whatever English the final version of Episode 3 has, like was done with the trial version?

-- Barubary

Oh plz barubary...who cares about those people who doesnt like this thing,,,,those who want the code will get it ,,and those who wanna play it in JP will continue play on JP....but if you do this,,,,it would help alot of people to enjoy EPI 3 even more and you would make alot of people happy,,,at least me,,,but now i have to buy AR,,,but thats ok,,its cheap......listen to your heart barubary and it says,,,"make this code for this people who wanna play this game in a understandable level" hugs

subzero1313
Nov 28, 2003, 03:27 PM
please make it happen. I would buy an AR right away. and only for that reason...I just hope my clan allows me to, we're very anti-cheating...

-Nate

Toruxxx
Nov 28, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-11-28 12:27, subzero1313 wrote:
please make it happen. I would buy an AR right away. and only for that reason...I just hope my clan allows me to, we're very anti-cheating...

-Nate

i dun see a reason why they shouldnt let u. Its not really cheating its helping u understand the game more so u know wth ur doing.

marcus_com
Nov 28, 2003, 05:15 PM
Wee, a code of this type would be great. If it can be done, I'll definatley import the game.

Link00seven
Nov 28, 2003, 06:22 PM
Barubary, I support you totally on this type of code. I'll buy an AR if its made http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

If you can, try making it so it saves the game in english, or maybe adding a language option to the options menu that stays there (having the code save something in the system file.)

Let us know what you could do.

Sashi
Nov 28, 2003, 06:36 PM
I say go for it.

ecureuil
Nov 28, 2003, 07:37 PM
You definitely have to do this, how can anybody possibly say no to it? Hope you make the right choice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Black000Moon
Nov 28, 2003, 07:48 PM
do it do it!

phArcotiX
Nov 28, 2003, 08:24 PM
If possible, I'd say go for it. I doubt I would use it as the Japanese menus are very easy to get by with but it would definitely help out some of my friends who already want to return it ;|

Cloak
Nov 28, 2003, 11:37 PM
It's teh funney when legits decide a code is okay only when they know it personally helps them. tee, hee. ;r

Barubary6
Nov 29, 2003, 01:33 AM
Some people have been concerned that I might make other codes after making this one... that's simply not true. I didn't make any codes for Episode 2 so why would I make any for Episode 3?

-- Barubary

faceless
Nov 29, 2003, 02:04 AM
those who forget the past... blah blah blah... why should i bother to finish the line, nobody cares anymore.

phArcotiX
Nov 29, 2003, 02:51 AM
The past is the past, in this case it isn't repeating itself.
We all know what happened on DC, but this code is *helpful* and I can't see any valid reasons why anyone would object to it.

Anyways, Baru, if you do decide to go through with it, do you have any sort of time estimate on when the code would surface?

marcus_com
Nov 29, 2003, 07:07 AM
On 2003-11-28 20:37, Cloak wrote:
It's teh funney when legits decide a code is okay only when they know it personally helps them. tee, hee. ;r

Can't say I see how you think. Using a code for translation isn't exactely the same as ruining the game by hacking items/cards or gaining level etc. It's just a helpfull code making ppl who dont speak Japanese understand whats going on.

Balbarei
Nov 29, 2003, 07:11 AM
yea do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AynRand
Nov 29, 2003, 08:12 AM
I vote yes, a code to make a game readible in english is not cheating, especially if some english is already coded into the game. I'd certainly buy an AR if there was this code

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 29, 2003, 09:40 AM
Bar, do we know for a fact that the English translation is in there and complete, or is it just a hypothesis based upon the things we know about the trial edition?

Malkavian
Nov 29, 2003, 11:13 AM
I would use it for offline mode.
I already have an AR. Is not something evil, is just a superior freeloader.

Zaneatron
Nov 29, 2003, 01:29 PM
can an AR do the equivalent of a freeloader?
so i would only need the AR to load my foreign games?

PopCultureMonkey
Nov 29, 2003, 03:31 PM
On 2003-11-29 08:13, Malkavian wrote:
I would use it for offline mode. You wouldn't get a choice - If the code were anything like the Trial version code, it would write to the memory card once and permanently set the language to English. You'd only ever need to use the code once, and the effect would be irreversible without a code designed for the specific purpose of switching back to Japanese.

Link00seven
Nov 29, 2003, 04:48 PM
I would like something that could make it so you could switch back and forth between JP and English real easy. Like adding the option to the options menu or making a button combo to do it. I wouldnt want to go online in English mode, for the simple fact ST might ban you.

Sappharad
Nov 29, 2003, 06:33 PM
On 2003-11-29 10:29, Zaneatron wrote:
can an AR do the equivalent of a freeloader?
so i would only need the AR to load my foreign games?

Yes. The AR has a Freeloader option on it's main menu.

Zaneatron
Nov 29, 2003, 06:43 PM
sweetness, no need for both *saves money in process* w00t! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

cheers sapphard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif you made my life that little bit easier

AppieDPC
Nov 30, 2003, 11:48 AM
On 2003-11-27 23:41, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

Well 36 people are for it,
9 against it and 4 don't care.
Are 36 people enough to persuade you into making the code? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Nov 30, 2003, 11:58 AM
On 2003-11-29 12:31, PopCultureMonkey wrote:

On 2003-11-29 08:13, Malkavian wrote:
I would use it for offline mode. You wouldn't get a choice - If the code were anything like the Trial version code, it would write to the memory card once and permanently set the language to English. You'd only ever need to use the code once, and the effect would be irreversible without a code designed for the specific purpose of switching back to Japanese.

Ugh I thought it was like normal codes. You choose to activate it on AR and it works while is activated. Instead of being saved in Memory card. Then i wouldn't use it but I still vote for it to be released

tinykutz
Nov 30, 2003, 11:58 AM
On 2003-11-29 13:48, Linkooseven wrote:
I would like something that could make it so you could switch back and forth between JP and English real easy. Like adding the option to the options menu or making a button combo to do it. I wouldnt want to go online in English mode, for the simple fact ST might ban you.

omg- that actually could happen! i'm all for a translation but seriously think about it- we're not supposed to have E over our chars head. the question is would it? would the game be playable in english but we're still in jp setting? this is something that should be addressed- it would be a shame to get banned for just trying to understand what you're doing in this game.

YujiNaka
Nov 30, 2003, 12:20 PM
Hmmm....but cannot use online codes...
Anyway...if it works for offline, someone could easily make a card database and present it later here on PSO-W.

Sappharad
Nov 30, 2003, 12:26 PM
On 2003-11-30 08:58, Malkavian wrote:

On 2003-11-29 12:31, PopCultureMonkey wrote:
You wouldn't get a choice - If the code were anything like the Trial version code, it would write to the memory card once and permanently set the language to English. You'd only ever need to use the code once, and the effect would be irreversible without a code designed for the specific purpose of switching back to Japanese.

Ugh I thought it was like normal codes. You choose to activate it on AR and it works while is activated. Instead of being saved in Memory card. Then i wouldn't use it but I still vote for it to be released
Uh, the Trial version code didn't save to the memory card. It only worked when the code was on, and you still had a J above your head online. The game had no idea the language wasn't Japanese. Either way of doing it has it's advantages though.

no1
Nov 30, 2003, 03:44 PM
I think the reason ST didn't introduce an English option is because it's not complete -.-; . Would you rather have all of the text in the right place, or use a glitched option that might get you 20% of the game's text? Glitched? Maybe it is if PSO tries to look for something not there =/. After all, they don't have to code that sort of redundancy into the game, because they don't have to account for people using AR codes :S

Link00seven
Nov 30, 2003, 04:24 PM
I dont know how much of the game is translated, but, we might as well try it. Hell, all of it could be translated. We'll just have to wait and see.

metermore
Nov 30, 2003, 06:39 PM
some one sould e mail/call sega about if its allright
but they might say it would be something of an adatage againt the US EU etc users not that i think that

A2K
Nov 30, 2003, 06:41 PM
Hmm, well, chances are if any English is present it would be incomplete and/or pretty shoddy.

Go ahead and make it if it's there, I suppose.

bordering
Nov 30, 2003, 07:18 PM
Some people have been concerned that I might make other codes after making this one... that's simply not true. I didn't make any codes for Episode 2 so why would I make any for Episode 3?
i think what they're concerned about is that other hackers (who aren't quite up to the level of skill you posess) would take your harmless code for unlocking english text and mutate it into something harmful. not that you would ADVERTANTLY do something malicious, just that you might open up the door to people who wouldn't have a clue where to start otherwise... legend has it that that's happened in the past...

in any case, i pose i'm officially neutral on the matter as i don't see myself importing or even becoming that interested in ep III when it's released domestically.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2003, 02:09 PM
On 2003-11-30 12:44, no1 wrote:
I think the reason ST didn't introduce an English option is because it's not complete -.-; . Would you rather have all of the text in the right place, or use a glitched option that might get you 20% of the game's text? Glitched? Maybe it is if PSO tries to look for something not there =/. After all, they don't have to code that sort of redundancy into the game, because they don't have to account for people using AR codes :S

Actually, including all languages in the game saves them trouble later on. By including all languages, when they export the game to other markets, they only have to change the default language and regional boot sector, as opposed to inserting an entirely new script, and recompiling the binaries.

[EDIT] Somehow Barubary, I knew you'd be on this before we could bat an eye. I say go for it. With the way the game is layed out, the use of character-enhancing AR codes is of dubious helpfulness (after all... What good is having the badass cards, if no one is willing to play with you, and you STILL get pwned by guys with green-level mechguns that play 16 hours a day?). I say go for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-12-01 11:16 ]</font>

no1
Dec 1, 2003, 02:16 PM
But that would delay the game for the Japanese market, which would not please the Japanese. And with more Japanese people on PSO than Europe and America combined, it wouldn't be a good idea to delay it's release for a small minority. Especially with card games not being 'that' popular in Europe/America.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2003, 02:34 PM
On the other hand, they save a good $100,000 or more in employee's salaries by reducing the work load later on, in addition to keeping the international releases closer together. Fiscally speaking, it makes far more sense to do all the work at once-- it saves time, and saving time means saving money. The Japanese can wait an extra two or three weeks to make it easier later on.

no1
Dec 1, 2003, 03:06 PM
How are they saving money? They still have the same amount of work to do. Once they release it, they start getting money to fund more people to translate the game or anything they want. English/French/German/Spanish/Italian(?) all have to be translated. I think it would take more than a few weeks to do that. They probably haven't even started on the other languages apart from english yet.
Keep the Japanese happy by releasing the game on time, and get more money by making importers think it will be in English as well, so they have to buy two copies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif hehehe.

marcus_com
Dec 1, 2003, 04:31 PM
Chances are all english is done but the rest remains. *crosses fingers and puts on a weird smile*

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2003, 05:04 PM
On 2003-12-01 12:06, no1 wrote:
How are they saving money? They still have the same amount of work to do. Once they release it, they start getting money to fund more people to translate the game or anything they want. English/French/German/Spanish/Italian(?) all have to be translated. I think it would take more than a few weeks to do that. They probably haven't even started on the other languages apart from english yet.
Keep the Japanese happy by releasing the game on time, and get more money by making importers think it will be in English as well, so they have to buy two copies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif hehehe.

What we're talking about here, is project dynamics. It's always easier and faster to do things right the first time. It's a whole heck of a lot easier to just include all of the languages in the game data to begin with and simply use different .ini files and bootsectors in regional CD images, than it is to insert a shiny new script every time they want to release it somewhere else, then re-code, and re-compile the binaries to function specifically for that language. It means the difference between changing the entire game disc, and only changing one or two files. So, it's either hire translators at a later date to finish translating, pay programmers to adjust the code to fit the new script and compile the new binaries, then create a CD image for the new game containing new regional information, OR just take the existing CD image, and modify it for a new region. One takes weeks on end, and the other takes a few hours at most. We're seeing ONE version of the binaries capable of dealing with multiple language scripts, instead of three or four each only capable of dealing with a single script.
They do it right the first time, they only have to do it once. They jimmy-rig it to work the first time, then they'll have to go back and revamp it again later.
Therefore, it can cost them over $100,000 to pay a team of people to do it all later, or it can cost them $50,000 to do it all at once, then another $20 for the hour someone spends copying and pasting a new regional boot sector into an existing GameCube CD image.

no1
Dec 1, 2003, 05:19 PM
I can not pretend to know anything about the development process for a game this size. However, I do know little tidbits.

What happens if they release the game globally at once? They might find that there is a bug in it that ruins the game. They would have to recall all the games and send out new discs.
Or they release it in Japan first. It gets play tested in the real world fully, and if anything pops up, they can change it for the other regions. It already happens with other games. I've heard the Japanese don't like being the 'guinea pigs' for games. They get all the bugged version of games, and we get the amended games. But they get the games earlier because of it.

If they did the first scenairo, then they have a big risk of losing a lot of money in recalls or sendig updates, or losing public confidence/respect (just think of how many people don't like PSO because of duping). Think of version 1.1 for Episode 1&2. If they released the game in Japan first, saw what happened and THEN released the game in other countries, what was the point of developing the game with the other languages in synch? They will recompile the project anyway and get rid of any bugs.

Physalis
Dec 1, 2003, 05:31 PM
The code would be good, but in order for it to work wouldn't an enable code be released. If so doesn't this open the door for lesser hackers to create many harmful codes for this game.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2003, 05:48 PM
On 2003-12-01 14:19, no1 wrote:
I can not pretend to know anything about the development process for a game this size. However, I do know little tidbits.

What happens if they release the game globally at once? They might find that there is a bug in it that ruins the game. They would have to recall all the games and send out new discs.
Or they release it in Japan first. It gets play tested in the real world fully, and if anything pops up, they can change it for the other regions. It already happens with other games. I've heard the Japanese don't like being the 'guinea pigs' for games. They get all the bugged version of games, and we get the amended games. But they get the games earlier because of it.

If they did the first scenairo, then they have a big risk of losing a lot of money in recalls or sendig updates, or losing public confidence/respect (just think of how many people don't like PSO because of duping). Think of version 1.1 for Episode 1&2. If they released the game in Japan first, saw what happened and THEN released the game in other countries, what was the point of developing the game with the other languages in synch? They will recompile the project anyway and get rid of any bugs.

Obviously, if any bugs crop up after the Japanese release, they'd have to re-code and re-compile again anyway, but speaking as someone that works in a project-oriented work environment, having everything done to begin with still makes things considerably easier when you have to fix things later, and speaking from the position of a Drafter who must continually submit very complex plans to official organizations with exacting standards, when you send something out, you release it on the premise that it's finished, and no more work will be needed. In terms of programming, a product released with the knowledge that significant bugs are likely to exist is refered to as a "Beta test", of if it's REALLY early in design phase, an "Alpha test". They don't intend to go back and change anything in the binaries, unless it turns out that something is dreadfully wrong.

And when it comes down to it, if you're going to get it first anyway, in the end, it doesn't make much difference if you get it in August or November. They can wait for a more complete product.

And even with Episodes I&II, the version we got was, for all intensive purposes, JPv1.1 with a different bootsector and language default.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-12-01 14:52 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Dec 1, 2003, 07:46 PM
Yeah do it...heh, gonna have to buy a AR now.....joy.

Riu_000
Dec 2, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-11-28 11:02, Aurra wrote:
Dude, shut up! Everyone knows that reading isn't legit because it gives you an unfair advantage over those who don't know how to read. If you can read THEN YOU'RE A HACKER!

Lmao XD

Um anyhow, many people would appreciate if you did this for us! ^.^ Hopefully it won't take too long to make, and hopefully you'll actually do this..Unlike that server thing.. 7_7

Crystal_Shard
Dec 4, 2003, 12:54 AM
Much as I don't like cheat codes and stuff, I really can't see any problem with making such a code.

Heck, considering it saves importers some cash, the only one who might be unhappy is Sega's US side. ^_^

I do agree with a point someone else made - about making the code two way or temporary, but if the code opened up a way for unscrupulous hackers to damage or otherwise affect the game in online mode, I might advise for Baru (And anyone who receives the code) to be very stringent on who they give the code to, or don't release it at all.

No sense in gaining knowledge in offline only to destroy the online one in return. ^_^

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 5, 2003, 12:05 PM
So, presuming that you do this Barubary, where is the code going to be posted, anyway? I would assume that it wouldn't be here, as it would be rather controversially against the rules (No posting of cheat codes in the rules, though this isn't exactly a cheat)...

Zaneatron
Dec 5, 2003, 12:33 PM
Guntz said that they were going to have a discussion about it. they (being the admins/mods) will then decide if posting the code will be allowed. i think they will have to consult barubary on the situation, to get his opinion on whether it is safe from other wannabe hackers.

-STE-
Dec 6, 2003, 03:02 AM
On 2003-12-01 14:31, Physalis wrote:
The code would be good, but in order for it to work wouldn't an enable code be released. If so doesn't this open the door for lesser hackers to create many harmful codes for this game.

I saw episode 1 2 lv 200 code it no have an enable code.

Amarant
Dec 11, 2003, 09:18 AM
Any news on this ?

CorneliusPower
Dec 11, 2003, 10:14 AM
Barubary, you do good for the PSO community, I'd say go on ahead and make one for ppl's frustration of trying to read squibbbles as to what MOST of us know as the japanese language.

As for me, I'm NOT importing,gonna wait for U.S. release, so I can care less, but for the LOVE of the PSO community, you da man....err...WOMAN!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2003-12-11 07:15 ]</font>

BelleEmerald
Dec 11, 2003, 11:59 AM
Ah yes, the famous Barubary. I didn't appriciate what the codes did for the old versions of PSO, but that was the past and let bygones be bygones and all that crap.
The point is that the code you are willing and hopefully going to produce will help a lot of people who imported the game. Obviously when importing any game people should be mindful that it probably won't have an english language option, but regardless of that fact a code to make the game english would be good. I'm all for it and support it fully. Good luck on that.

Now I have to buy an AR. -.- Anyone know if the US AR will work with a Panasonic Cube Q?

Getintothegame
Dec 11, 2003, 05:07 PM
Well, Sappaharad already released it.

Its out now.

Off topic: yes, there is a level 200 code out for Episode 1 and 2. You don't even need an enable code :/

Anyway, Lolli and the mods are debating if it should be posted here. I personally think yes because it causes no harm on the game, it just translates parts of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-12-11 14:10 ]</font>

-STE-
Dec 12, 2003, 02:44 AM
Dont mind if cant post here we can just say site in your sign have it and site in my sign too (i posted in my forum thanks for code).

rena-ko
Dec 12, 2003, 05:47 AM
On 2003-12-11 14:07, Getintothegame wrote:
Anyway, Lolli and the mods are debating if it should be posted here. I personally think yes because it causes no harm on the game, it just translates parts of the game.

its not about if that single one is harming the game or not, its obvious this one doesnt BUT its about if its structure helps hackers to work on malicious code.
thats why i personally asked barubary some pages ago to backcheck that before he/she/it releases it.

get real, everything has its sideeffects and if you want that code you should count in all sideeffects and if youre ok with that.

peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-12-12 02:54 ]</font>

Atax
Dec 12, 2003, 07:43 AM
Just to rephrase what STE said, those who want to play in english check his or mine & Get's site for it.

Aceizace
Dec 13, 2003, 10:53 AM
OK, first of all, i think you should do it. Now my agruments to all the other replys.

Remember that ep 1 + 2 had a Japanese option, it would make sense for ep 3 to have an English option no? Okay so it didn't, but i'm sure many people imported not realising that. Also, we aren't talking about the Japanese being the guinea pigs, this is not releasing the game early, Sega team are making an English version so obviously they intend for us to buy it, not all the Japanese version can be translated, so they aren't going to loose many customers, since if they loose a customer on an English version they gain one on a Japanese one.

However, i don't know what they say over in US, but here in UK they've banned importing games. You can't get specific 'importers' now, your best/only bet is ebay, so i wouldn't be supprised if Sega team didn't support the code and said not only are you breaking the 'rules' using an AR, but you imported as well.

Either way i'm going to wait till it comes out over here, i did seriously consider importing but chose against it when i was told there was no English option, even a code can't translate it all so i'll wait for an offical translation. Plus i can't be bothered to mess around with p+p fees, ebay, and buying an AR/freeloader. PSO ep 1 + 2 still has plenty of life for me.

As for getting the code and pso-worlds rules, they should allow it, but the one thats currently out isn't exactly hard to find, a simple google search will get it (not that i'm allowed to tell you what to search for - sigh).

Link00seven
Dec 13, 2003, 11:39 AM
I still say go for posting it. From what Sapphard tells me he tried his best to keep it from being able to me changed to do harmful things.

Blackwaltz-R
Dec 14, 2003, 07:23 PM
if anything he ONLY made it HARD to change, NOT impossible, and im sure he knows this, then again, he said so.

Link00seven
Dec 14, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-12-14 16:23, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
if anything he ONLY made it HARD to change, NOT impossible, and im sure he knows this, then again, he said so.

Well yeah, a serious hacker could defently change the code for harmful things. Thing is, I dont think any serious hackers are going to mess with it.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 14, 2003, 09:19 PM
quote from Lollipoplolita

to be consistent with our rules and terms of conduct, we will not be not be allowing the english translation code to be posted on our site. however, doing so will not get you a ban but will only get you an edit and a warning since it isn't malicious.

There you have it.

Link00seven
Dec 14, 2003, 09:34 PM
On 2003-12-14 18:19, Jonathan_F wrote:
quote from Lollipoplolita

to be consistent with our rules and terms of conduct, we will not be not be allowing the english translation code to be posted on our site. however, doing so will not get you a ban but will only get you an edit and a warning since it isn't malicious.

There you have it.

When did she post that o_O

Well, that answers the question right there. No need for anymore discussion.