PDA

View Full Version : PSO Ep 1+2 "PLUS" questions

PatserGOUKI
Nov 28, 2003, 05:51 AM
Hi,

I mostly play ofline, and am playing a lot again since a long time. now im interested in PSO 'PLUS'-japanese version (since I have all Japanese versions-np)
My questions are:

- Is the shop-dupe still possible in Ep1+2 "plus"???
- Do I lose my items as i convert from v1.1 to "plus"???
- Can I still play v1.1 as I played "plus"???
- When i play multiplayer, with my 1.1 mates, and we play "plus" can they still play v1.1???

Hope someone knows, thx in adv.

gouki/PAU

rena-ko
Nov 28, 2003, 06:19 AM
-shop dupe patch? not verified so far.
-losing items? afaik, no.
-you convert your charas to 'plus'. i think you're supposed to switch completely but that shouldnt be a problem because:
-plus uses the same servers as the current version (v1.1) does and ep3 will.

shagbrother13
Nov 28, 2003, 12:38 PM
I hope there is a dupe patch cus it will cut the dupingdown by alot. And will help stop FSOD and FSODX. By the way what does FSOD and FSODX stand for?

ERS
Nov 28, 2003, 02:01 PM
On 2003-11-28 09:38, shagbrother13 wrote:
I hope there is a dupe patch cus it will cut the dupingdown by alot. And will help stop FSOD and FSODX. By the way what does FSOD and FSODX stand for?

Just asking, but how could you know it would cut down FSOD and FSOD-X if you don't even know what they mean?

FSOD= Frozen Screen Of Doom, where the game freezes

FSOD-X= FSOD During a save, causing corruption.

Shake
Nov 28, 2003, 02:26 PM
A dupe patch? That means messing with the program of a what, 800MB program? That would definitely be a lot of work for ST.

I wouldn't mind a patch at all, but do you think ST would put all that effort in? I'm not sure if they would or wouldn't.

I'm looking forward to Plus either way.

shagbrother13
Nov 28, 2003, 07:43 PM
On 2003-11-28 11:01, ERS wrote:

On 2003-11-28 09:38, shagbrother13 wrote:

Just asking, but how could you know it would cut down FSOD and FSOD-X if you don't even know what they mean?

FSOD= Frozen Screen Of Doom, where the game freezes

FSOD-X= FSOD During a save, causing corruption.

I knew that one would freeze up the game and cause everyone to lose their stuff since last saved game. And another one deteled all your stuff. I just wasn't sure which was which.

Ness
Nov 28, 2003, 08:05 PM
What is PSO plus?

JohanCC
Nov 29, 2003, 01:27 AM
On 2003-11-28 17:05, Ness wrote:
What is PSO plus?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

phArcotiX
Nov 29, 2003, 03:28 AM
On 2003-11-28 11:26, Shake wrote:
A dupe patch? That means messing with the program of a what, 800MB program? That would definitely be a lot of work for ST.

I wouldn't mind a patch at all, but do you think ST would put all that effort in? I'm not sure if they would or wouldn't.

They made the shop dupe impossible online, why would it be any different / harder for them to do it offline?

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:02 AM
For those getting PSO Ep 1&2 Plus, bad news.

"All items and meseta will be deleted"

I'm currently attempting to transfer my items and meseta to my second mem card, in the hopes that I might be able to transfer them back using multiplayer later... will let you guys know later...

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:04 AM
Slight correction. For those with Ep 1&2 Ver 1.01,
I'm not sure if you lose your items again.

I've never made the switch to Ver 1.01.

zimmk2vgc
Nov 29, 2003, 08:05 AM
Where did you hear that? If that was the case I certainly would not switch, coz that would mean bye bye to the one and only legit j-sword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:18 AM
I live in Singapore and I just got my copy.

Fyi, I also got Episode III at the same time and the game's pretty good.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:23 AM
However, if you did not switch, ST will eventually remove Ep 1&2 Ver 1 servers and you wouldn't be able to play online at all...

There's only 4 ships running now anyway, it's a matter of time before they get transferred.

Also, you'd be unable to play any of the online quests.

I didn't have much of a choice, since I'd need some online help to attempt to get the Heart of Poumn in Rappy's Holiday. And playing on JP only servers isn't good if you aren't the type to start conversations, especially to Japanese players.

zimmk2vgc
Nov 29, 2003, 08:42 AM
plus runs on the epi1+2 servers though. and from what I hear, epi 3 does the same so I think they are here to stay for many years to come

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:43 AM
I've just confirmed it. Only character stats and area completion is brought over. All items are gone and they give you a measly saber and eq to boot. (ie: you character type's default eq. They even give you 300 meseta. How generous! :P )

With any luck maybe they do still give you a Jack'O'Lantern or a Christmas Present to make up for it... :P

My poor Rati. My poor Double Saber. :P

-STE-
Nov 29, 2003, 08:50 AM
On 2003-11-29 05:43, Crystal_Shard wrote:
I've just confirmed it. Only character stats and area completion is brought over. All items are gone and they give you a measly saber and eq to boot. (ie: you character type's default eq. They even give you 300 meseta. How generous! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

With any luck maybe they do still give you a Jack'O'Lantern or a Christmas Present to make up for it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My poor Rati. My poor Double Saber. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You must write v1 0 --> v plus
v 1 1 --> plus nothing is lost

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 08:57 AM
Ah. Apologies on that.

I don't know about Ver 1.01 since I don't have it.
Can someone else confirm if you lose items if you're using v1.01?

Anyway as of now.

PSO v1 -> Plus = Item and Meseta loss
PSO v1.01 -> Plus + Unknown

Ness
Nov 29, 2003, 09:04 AM
On 2003-11-28 22:27, JohanCC wrote:

On 2003-11-28 17:05, Ness wrote:
What is PSO plus?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoplus.php

Thanks, dude. It sounds like the Ep. 1 and 2 equivalent to PSO ver2.

shera
Nov 29, 2003, 09:20 AM
hi could you tell if the ep2 cmode is playable online yet? with your new plus version?

ty

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 09:39 AM
Not at present. ^_^ My hunter's license has expired and my funds are too low to top it up yet. I'll try to get online soon and I'll let you guys know.

-STE-
Nov 29, 2003, 09:45 AM
Look offline quest how many is new? ^ ^
Central dome on fire is present?

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 09:53 AM
At present, I'm in Episode 2 Normal trying to scavege equipment from the Seabed. ^_^

Seat of the Heart is available.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 10:01 AM
Sorry, bear with me for a little while.
I'll post the new stuff once I find out about it.

^_^

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 10:31 AM
So far, it seems that only Seat of the Heart is new.

There's no sign of Central Dome Fire Swirl, TTF, Gallon's Treachery, etc.

Checking Episode 2 Challenge Mode...

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 10:35 AM
Selecting Episode 2 Challenge opens up with Temple 1. ^_^

Checking if there's any new rules in Battle.

I suspect that some of the Ep 2 quests will open up later once I complete Seat of The Heart. Will check back later.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 10:41 AM
Two possibly new Battle rules.
Obstacle Race and Trap Hell.

Were these two present before this?

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 10:52 AM
Btw, these are all offline.
I'm not online at present.

Just to make sure there's no confusion.

To summarise:

- Episode II Challenge Mode available.
- Seat of the Heart available and has a green rather than yellow symbol.
- Battle mode has two rules (Obstacle Race, Trap Hell) not in Ver 1.
Can someone confirm if these were available online or in Ver 1.01?
- Suspected, not confirmed. Episode II may have more quests after Seat of the Heart is complete.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 11:00 AM
I'm assuming there's still more hidden content that
I haven't found yet. I'll post here when I find it.

aybe I'll get a guide up if I find too much info.
^_^

-STE-
Nov 29, 2003, 11:11 AM
Ok new battle is 7 8 not avaiable offline on other version and not already avaiable online on gc maybe from next month.

When you finish Seath oh the heart le me know if you unlock new quests thanks.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 29, 2003, 12:06 PM
No prob. Once I get my level 107 FOnewearl
converted, I'll be able to check if there are any
other quests available in Episode 1 - her quest
completion is more comprehensive than my HUmar's.

I'll be keeping that on hold for a while though. ^_^
She's holding all my old rares - she and the other
three characters on the card. I might want to finish
up all my perishables (Scapes, Music Discs,
Chocolate, etc) and gain as many levels as possible
first. (Not to mention pass Ultimate Ruins first) ^_^

Crystal_Shard
Nov 30, 2003, 12:03 PM
Completing Seat of the Heart unlocks East Tower.
West Tower will obviously follow, but after that ?

Dream Messenger and Reach for the Dream might appear later...
I'm hoping Gallon's Warehouse and Pioneer Shop/Warehouse
(forgot the exact name.) will also appear - then we won't
entirely need to go online to exchange P. Drops. Maybe.

I'm hoping there'll be a new quest continuing the Calus/Elly story arc.
Seat of the Heart just doesn't look complete does it? ^_^
This is just conjecture - I wouldn't get any hopes up yet, but it's possible.

Shake
Nov 30, 2003, 12:29 PM
On 2003-11-29 00:28, phArcotiX wrote:

On 2003-11-28 11:26, Shake wrote:

They made the shop dupe impossible online, why would it be any different / harder for them to do it offline?

Wow, they actually did the patch. Kudos to ST. Why would it be any different for an offline duping patch? Because they can modify the online servers, but to stop offline duping, I think it deals with the information on the disc. To fix offline duping, they would have to modify the offline database, which is solely in your disc.

That would mean a huge recall and everything...and I don't think any gaming company has ever recalled a videogame. It'd cost millions.

Sappharad
Nov 30, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-11-30 09:29, Shake wrote:

That would mean a huge recall and everything...and I don't think any gaming company has ever recalled a videogame. It'd cost millions.

PSO 1.0 doesn't count?

Shake
Nov 30, 2003, 09:36 PM
On 2003-11-30 13:18, Sappharad wrote:

On 2003-11-30 09:29, Shake wrote:

PSO 1.0 doesn't count?

Say what? It was recalled? I wasn't around back in the dreamcast days.

Sappharad
Nov 30, 2003, 09:53 PM
On 2003-11-30 18:36, Shake wrote:

PSO 1.0 doesn't count?

No. I'm referring to PSO Episode 1&2 JPN 1.0...

PatserGOUKI
Dec 1, 2003, 08:05 AM
@Crystal_Shard>
Ah. Apologies on that.

I don't know about Ver 1.01 since I don't have it.
Can someone else confirm if you lose items if you're using v1.01?

PSO v1.0 (japanese) -> Plus = Item and Meseta loss
PSO v1.1 (japanese) -> Plus = Unknown -> THIS IS WHAT I ASKED MAN! Please read! Thx anyway

Please try the Shop-dupe method, as i want to know if its in? Thank you!

I have had the v1.0, I bought the v1.1 and LOST ALL STUFF, I want PLUS, but dont want to lose all stuff again!!! DUH I hate losing all stuff I found to much!

About PSO Ep1+2 PLUS:

STILL the same questions:
NOT KNOWN YET!

dont lose your items! [thanks to -STE-]

NOT KNOWN YET!

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-01 05:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-01 05:21 ]</font>

-STE-
Dec 1, 2003, 08:10 AM
v 1 1 plus you dont lose items

Shake
Dec 1, 2003, 08:38 AM
On 2003-11-30 18:53, Sappharad wrote:

On 2003-11-30 18:36, Shake wrote:

PSO 1.0 doesn't count?

No. I'm referring to PSO Episode 1&2 JPN 1.0...

[shrug]

AynRand
Dec 1, 2003, 03:46 PM
should get my plus tomorrow first things ill do when i get home fromw ork i.e in 24 hrs from now is try out all the bugs, and new quests and see what we have all new, in case it hasnt been posted already

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2003, 07:36 PM

NOT KNOWN YET!

Damn. I knew I should have made an effort to find a copy of V1.1. Oh well.

Not entirely certain of your definition of " play v1.1 as I played "plus" ". Can you elaborate?

Satine
Dec 1, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-12-01 16:36, Crystal_Shard wrote:

NOT KNOWN YET!

Damn. I knew I should have made an effort to find a copy of V1.1. Oh well.

Not entirely certain of your definition of " play v1.1 as I played "plus" ". Can you elaborate?

Hi there,

I just received my copy of Ep I & II Plus. My question to you is how did you convert your chars over to the new game and bring it online? Using a new memory card (The PSO 3 special edition mem card) I created a new system file and new character but I was unable to find a way to bring it online. If you could provide a step-by-step guide on how you transferred your character and take it online I'd appreciate it. I'm using Freeloader and PSO Plus.

P.S. To those wanting to know if the shop dupe exploit is still present in PSO Plus. The answer is NO. I tried it in both Episode I and II modes about 5 times each without success.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-12-01 17:40 ]</font>

Crystal_Shard
Dec 1, 2003, 11:03 PM
I just received my copy of Ep I & II Plus. My question to you is how did you convert your chars over to the new game and bring it online? Using a new memory card (The PSO 3 special edition mem card) I created a new system file and new character but I was unable to find a way to bring it online. If you could provide a step-by-step guide on how you transferred your character and take it online I'd appreciate it. I'm using Freeloader and PSO Plus.

P.S. To those wanting to know if the shop dupe exploit is still present in PSO Plus. The answer is NO. I tried it in both Episode I and II modes about 5 times each without success.

Thanks.

There isn't much of a method actually. All you have to do is:

1. Start up PSO 1&2 Plus with your old mem card in slot A

2. A screen will be displayed telling you that your old PSO data will be overwritten and the terms of the overwriting (Ie: what will be carried over and what won't. (level, area completion, items, meseta, etc))

3. You will need to confirm your decision to overwrite 3 times.

Please note that while PSO v1 data will have item losses, v1.1 will retain all items.

I don't think freeloader will affect it, but in any case, I'm using a JP Gamecube so there's no problem there.

As to bringing it online, you simply have to enter in your ISP details again, and you need to enter in the same Serial Number and Access Key from your older version. Your password must also be the same.

1. Select Online Play.

2. Follow instructions to set up your service provider. (Bear in mind it's all in Japanese)

3. First screen should be name of ISP. (Doesn't affect connection so call it whatever you want.)

4. Second screen can be ignored.

3. Third screen if I'm correct should be :
UserID
Password
ISP Number 1
No. Backup 2
No. Backup 3
5. 4th and 5th screen can be ignored.

6. I forget if there was another screen after the 5th, but the very last page there should be three options at the top of the screen.

First option is go back
Second is reset data
Third should be to confirm data.

If third is not confirm data, press the second option instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2003-12-01 20:24 ]</font>

Sepheroth
Dec 1, 2003, 11:20 PM
err... will plus be out for xbox? and if so, could you theoreticly transfer your items and money by giving them to a trustworthy friend, then picking them up later? Also, does anyone know (Im clueless, huh folks?) how much it costs, and how about the hunter's liscense? does it transfer too?

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2003, 01:50 AM
On 2003-12-01 20:20, Sepheroth wrote:
err... will plus be out for xbox? and if so, could you theoreticly transfer your items and money by giving them to a trustworthy friend, then picking them up later? Also, does anyone know (Im clueless, huh folks?) how much it costs, and how about the hunter's liscense? does it transfer too?

There's no guarantee Plus will come out for X-Box. I'm not even sure if Episode 3 is coming out for X-Box - info is very sparse on that topic.

If you're using PSO v1.1 (GC) I don't think your items will be deleted. And anyway, you should be able to log on to the US servers so you could also transfer to a good friend for safekeeping.

v1.0 is restricted from doing that because it's JP servers only and I think those may get closed sooner or later.

If you use the same Serial Number and Access Key, the HL carries over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2003-12-01 22:52 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
Dec 2, 2003, 06:04 AM
LATEST NEWS, what I heard in this topic:
About PSO Ep1+2 PLUS:

It is NOT possible to dupe items, using the shop-dupe trick! [thanks to Satine]

you don't lose your items! [thanks to -STE-]

NOT KNOWN YET!

Crystal shard> As I convert my file from v1.1 to Plus, can I play v1.1 again? When i want to convert back to v1.1?

Or better: When one of my friends has v1.1... I have "plus", If I make a multiplayer game, and he wants to join me from v1.1, Can he still go back to his old v1.1, after we played multiplayer in "plus"??? Or is his chara "plus" only now???

Hope this clears things up...

Satine> So the shop-dupe thing is out! Not possible anymore? interesting... and thank you for trying!

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-02 03:12 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Dec 2, 2003, 06:33 AM
On 2003-12-01 16:44, Satine wrote:

Bummer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Utterly useless too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
(patching it I mean)

He means that when he has his Characters on Plus and he would go to a mate who has 1.1 for some Offline Multiplayer, could his Plus Character be transfered to the 1.1 Temp Character file for some little Offline Multiplayer?

Edit: LOL PatserGOUKI already said what it means.
Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-02 03:39 ]</font>

Alexis_Mihomiti
Dec 2, 2003, 07:52 AM
I just need to know one thing. Will Plus be able to log in using an AOL account or not? I was distressed to find out that after I bought my PSO for my GC, that AOL was not only not supported, but was later announced to be supported in -future- online games, meaning I was *%#$@ed out of online play and thus most of the actual value of the game. If Plus allows me to log on with AOL, I think it would be worth the excess cost.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2003, 08:36 AM
NOT KNOWN YET!

Crystal shard> As I convert my file from v1.1 to Plus, can I play v1.1 again? When i want to convert back to v1.1?

Or better: When one of my friends has v1.1... I have "plus", If I make a multiplayer game, and he wants to join me from v1.1, Can he still go back to his old v1.1, after we played multiplayer in "plus"??? Or is his chara "plus" only now???

Thanks for the clarification. ^_^

For v1.0, it's impossible. PSO doesn't even let you go as far as transferring your chars to a Plus multi game. It just warns you that the data is incompatible.

This is conjecture, but here's what I think. While I don't know if Plus and 1.1 can play offline multi together, the game won't let you even transfer data if they are incompatible.

And if multi is possible, your char won't get converted if you just transfer data and transfer it back. A good sign that multi may be possible is that 1.1 and Plus players are on the same online servers.

Satine
Dec 2, 2003, 08:45 AM
On 2003-12-01 20:03, Crystal_Shard wrote:

Thanks.

2. A screen will be displayed telling you that your old PSO data will be overwritten and the terms of the overwriting (Ie: what will be carried over and what won't. (level, area completion, items, meseta, etc))

Please note that while PSO v1 data will have item losses, v1.1 will retain all items.

I don't think freeloader will affect it, but in any case, I'm using a JP Gamecube so there's no problem there.

As to bringing it online, you simply have to enter in your ISP details again, and you need to enter in the same Serial Number and Access Key from your older version. Your password must also be the same.

1. Select Online Play.

2. Follow instructions to set up your service provider. (Bear in mind it's all in Japanese)

3. First screen should be name of ISP. (Doesn't affect connection so call it whatever you want.)

UserID
Password
ISP Number 1
No. Backup 2
No. Backup 3

6. I forget if there was another screen after the 5th, but the very last page there should be three options at the top of the screen.

First option is go back
Second is reset data

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2003-12-01 20:24 ]</font>

Hi Crystal, perhaps it's because I'm in the U.S. using a US Gamecube and Freeloader to load up this game but I never see the option you describe in Step #2 appear. It simply says that the mem card in Slot A does not contain a system file. If I load the regular US version of Ep I&II it reads it fine. The only way I could get a playable character up and running thus far was to use a new mem card (The one I'm using is the PSO III special edition mem card) I tried to take the character online with no sucess. It gave me an Error 113, something about the Hunter's License not being registered with that serial number/access key. I'm wondering if I would have to buy a new hunters license using the new game's serial number and access key rather than the one from my U.S. game.

Satine
Dec 2, 2003, 08:47 AM
On 2003-12-02 05:45, Satine wrote:

On 2003-12-01 20:03, Crystal_Shard wrote:

Thanks.

1. Select Online Play.

UserID
Password
ISP Number 1
No. Backup 2
No. Backup 3

First option is go back
Second is reset data

Hi Crystal, perhaps it's because I'm in the U.S. using a US Gamecube and Freeloader to load up this game but I never see the option you describe in Step #2 appear. It simply says that the mem card in Slot A does not contain a system file. If I load the regular US version of Ep I&II it reads it fine. The only way I could get a playable character up and running thus far was to use a new mem card (The one I'm using is the PSO III special edition mem card) I tried to take the character online with no sucess. It gave me an Error 113, something about the Hunter's License not being registered with that serial number/access key. I'm wondering if I would have to buy a new hunters license using the new game's serial number and access key rather than the one from my U.S. game.

P.S. For you cheat/exploit watchers out there: Not suprisingly, entering the now infamous Level 200 Action Replay (AR) code before loading PSO Plus results in nothing but normal play and does NOT work on this version.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2003, 09:02 AM

Call me CS. ^_^

Anyway, I may have failed to ask you one important question.
I think the problem is that you're using a US ver of PSO.
The US version cannot use a JP HL and vice versa. :P

My advice is to just buy a new HL using the game's new ID
and Key. The problem is that your game is trying to dial up
to the Japanese servers (which don't have your HL registered
with them), while your HL is stuck in the US servers.

Either that or just get the US ver when it comes out. :P
No difference either way if you don't mind churning through
the Japanese text, although if you buy the US version
when it comes out, you'll be stuck with two identical
copies of PSO III.

Satine
Dec 2, 2003, 10:21 AM
Call me CS. ^_^

Anyway, I may have failed to ask you one important question.
I think the problem is that you're using a US ver of PSO.
The US version cannot use a JP HL and vice versa. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My advice is to just buy a new HL using the game's new ID
and Key. The problem is that your game is trying to dial up
to the Japanese servers (which don't have your HL registered
with them), while your HL is stuck in the US servers.

Either that or just get the US ver when it comes out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
No difference either way if you don't mind churning through
the Japanese text, although if you buy the US version
when it comes out, you'll be stuck with two identical
copies of PSO III.

Hi CS, my orginal characters were made while using the U.S. version of PSO Ep. I & II. If I can't use my U.S. Hunter's License to bring my new PSO Plus character online then I'd like to purche a JP Hunter's License with the PSO Plus serial number and access key.

The problem is, I can't find where to purchase a JP Hunter's License for PSO Plus. I don't know Japanese but if you could provide me with a direct link to register for an HL for PSO Plus and perhaps some guidance in navigating through their site, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-12-02 07:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-12-02 07:23 ]</font>

Satine
Dec 2, 2003, 10:31 AM
On 2003-12-02 03:04, PatserGOUKI wrote:
LATEST NEWS, what I heard in this topic:
About PSO Ep1+2 PLUS:

It is NOT possible to dupe items, using the shop-dupe trick! [thanks to Satine]

you don't lose your items! [thanks to -STE-]

NOT KNOWN YET!

Hope this clears things up...

Satine> So the shop-dupe thing is out! Not possible anymore? interesting... and thank you for trying!

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-02 03:12 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI, The shop dupe exploit is not functional in PSO Plus. Neither in Ep I or II modes. Also, not to my suprise, the now infamous "Level 200 Action Replay (AR) code" results only in normal game play in PSO Plus.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2003, 11:48 AM
Hi CS, my orginal characters were made while using the U.S. version of PSO Ep. I & II. If I can't use my U.S. Hunter's License to bring my new PSO Plus character online then I'd like to purche a JP Hunter's License with the PSO Plus serial number and access key.

The problem is, I can't find where to purchase a JP Hunter's License for PSO Plus. I don't know Japanese but if you could provide me with a direct link to register for an HL for PSO Plus and perhaps some guidance in navigating through their site, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Satine,

I just sent a PM to you about the method I use. Hope it helps.

AppieDPC
Dec 2, 2003, 01:51 PM
Satine I don't think they blocked out the actual code for lv200 or made it do nothing. It was released just 1-2 week ago. Plus was already in production by then.
However perhaps ST did something better:
Blocked out the Action Replay codes. ST did this with the Game Shark and V2 on DC so perhaps now they did it with the Action replay and Plus?
Just a thought http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-STE-
Dec 2, 2003, 02:34 PM
Actual lv 200 code is only for usa version if im not wrong so isnt a problem on plus.

AynRand
Dec 2, 2003, 04:50 PM
OK i just put my memory card in to pso plus turned it on and it didnt ask to convert chars, got online with it no problemo.

I then go and put 1.1 in i can still oad up my characters and play, it does not actually convert them.

probably only converts old 1.0 users with dupe bug for cmode

AynRand
Dec 2, 2003, 04:55 PM
Another interesting note which i have tested

no double save on pso plus yet it is back and dbl savesd on ver1.1 and usa pso

pso plus has no double save

Crystal_Shard
Dec 2, 2003, 09:15 PM
Some moderately bad news.

As of now, the only Ep 2 quest available are Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower.

I haven't checked yet, but if you get the Sue/Kireek subplot, that might open up a new quest. This is conjecture - I haven't confirmed it yet.

I didn't realise that the west tower had so many Ill Gills. Gave me a shock when I realised I had to melee with up to 4 of them at one go. Even on normal mode they aren't a pushover.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 3, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-12-02 18:15, Crystal_Shard wrote:
Some moderately bad news.

As of now, the only Ep 2 quest available are Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower.

I haven't checked yet, but if you get the Sue/Kireek subplot, that might open up a new quest. This is conjecture - I haven't confirmed it yet.

I didn't realise that the west tower had so many Ill Gills. Gave me a shock when I realised I had to melee with up to 4 of them at one go. Even on normal mode they aren't a pushover.

So, no Gallons shop for offline? If not, then IF it comesto america, I might not be getting it. It's almost not worth it only for a few new quests that will result in photon drops and STILL no way to use them.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 3, 2003, 01:57 AM
So, no Gallons shop for offline? If not, then IF it comesto america, I might not be getting it. It's almost not worth it only for a few new quests that will result in photon drops and STILL no way to use them.

As of this writing, nope. It sucks but... oh well.

However please note that I've only scratched the surface of Plus. Don't forget Challenge mode (offline) for ep 2 might have some great prizes and there might be new rares available hidden in the game.

And I haven't explored the possibility of new Ep 1 quests yet.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 3, 2003, 11:25 AM
Hmm. According to another topic thread, someone named STE has put up pictures of Central Dome Fire Swirl being available on Plus. It seems to have appeared after the completion of all quests though. (The characters I converted haven't finished all Ep 1 quests yet... That character's on my second mem card.)

-STE-
Dec 3, 2003, 11:30 AM
Sorry i didnt post here because topic was little ot ok.

Central dome on fire is avaiable offline under episode 1 pioneer 2 hunter guild

I have v 1 1 and i lost all items of my first carachter but i didnt lost items of other carachter on that memory. Strange and sad Sega cant make all thing perfect....

Crystal_Shard
Dec 3, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-12-03 08:30, -STE- wrote:
Sorry i didnt post here because topic was little ot ok.

Central dome on fire is avaiable offline under episode 1 pioneer 2 hunter guild

I have v 1 1 and i lost all items of my first carachter but i didnt lost items of other carachter on that memory. Strange and sad Sega cant make all thing perfect....

Yeah it was getting a little ot... Oh well.
^_^

You still lose items with v1.1? Sheesh. It's not just a isolated glitch is it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crystal_Shard on 2003-12-03 09:08 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Dec 3, 2003, 12:50 PM
Hold on a minute. I thought that all the GBA downloads were available for offline as well now. But isn't Pyo Pop only available in Gallon's Shop? If so, then how to get it? And if Gallon's Shop is still online only, then what's the point of photon drops offline? It's complely useless that way. Looks like I'm staying away IF it makes it here. Not worth it for the extra quests to result in maily photon drops falling 9 times out of 10 and no way to use them offline.

Superguppie
Dec 4, 2003, 04:02 AM
Last night, I came up with 3 related questions:
Are there any fixes for FSOD in plus? I am sort of happy with the anti-dupe patches, but what I am really waiting for is 'no more FSOD'...
Has forced FSOD been patched? That would really make a difference. No more assholes that just sit in lobby 1 making life miserable on others.
Is the memory card management improved? (So corruption is less likely, and 3rd party memory cards are less of a problem)

And ofcourse, like most of you, I want to know if and when plus will come out outside Japan. I totaly fail to see the use of the plus version if its Japan only. Once everyone is playing plus, the v1.1 can be banned and we can finaly enjoy a less cheaty game

EvilDroog
Dec 4, 2003, 07:24 AM
You still lose items with v1.1? Sheesh. It's not just a isolated glitch is it?

I think this *was* an isolated incident. I have used all my ver. 1.1 characters (3 memory cards worth) with Plus and they all loaded up fine.

Of course, you WILL lose all your items if you load v1.0 characters up with Plus...

Crystal_Shard
Dec 5, 2003, 02:38 AM
On 2003-12-04 01:02, Superguppie wrote:
Last night, I came up with 3 related questions:
Are there any fixes for FSOD in plus? I am sort of happy with the anti-dupe patches, but what I am really waiting for is 'no more FSOD'...
Has forced FSOD been patched? That would really make a difference. No more assholes that just sit in lobby 1 making life miserable on others.
Is the memory card management improved? (So corruption is less likely, and 3rd party memory cards are less of a problem)

And ofcourse, like most of you, I want to know if and when plus will come out outside Japan. I totaly fail to see the use of the plus version if its Japan only. Once everyone is playing plus, the v1.1 can be banned and we can finaly enjoy a less cheaty game

I don't think FSOD will ever be fully removed. Any
software program, game, basically anything to do
with a computer, will have it's share of bugs. No
programmer can find every error he/she's made,
purely because that means the person has to scroll
through thousands, millions, or maybe even billions
of lines of code, most of which is nearly
incomprehensible, just to find one line of code that
wasn't closed properly.

I've tried a little bit of programming and let me
say that even a tiny program can find many ways to
just not work for the tiniest reason.

Forced... I didn't know that was possible. Sounds
like P'King and NOL'ing from the DC days. If FSOD
is still around, it's probably likely that this
forced FSOD is still possible. The best Sega can
do is make it difficult to do.

There's always loopholes.

I don't see why Sega would not release Plus in the
States. The US version of PSO GC is similar to JP
v1.1, so if they were to condemn all v1.1 units,
it might affect the US version. Unless they don't
plan to discontinue v1.1 support.... :P

Superguppie
Dec 5, 2003, 03:56 AM
On 2003-12-04 23:38, Crystal_Shard wrote:
I don't think FSOD will ever be fully removed. Any
software program, game, basically anything to do
with a computer, will have it's share of bugs. No
programmer can find every error he/she's made,
purely because that means the person has to scroll
through thousands, millions, or maybe even billions
of lines of code, most of which is nearly
incomprehensible, just to find one line of code that
wasn't closed properly.

I've tried a little bit of programming and let me
say that even a tiny program can find many ways to
just not work for the tiniest reason.

As a professional programmer, I have done more than a bit of coding, and seen countless lines of code. I know it is impossible to make a bugless program of any respectable size.
What I meant was that FSOD seems so common, it was worth looking into, and at least some causes should not be too hard to find. And those easy to find causes could be fixed in plus. I have a friend that FSODs about 1 in 2 times going to the lobby. So, it is sort of reproducable.
My question was whether there are any known fixes in plus.

Forced... I didn't know that was possible. Sounds
like P'King and NOL'ing from the DC days. If FSOD
is still around, it's probably likely that this
forced FSOD is still possible. The best Sega can
do is make it difficult to do.

From what I know of it, it's an isolated bug in word select. I think it would be easy to find, and probably fix.

There's always loopholes.

v1.1, so if they were to condemn all v1.1 units,
it might affect the US version. Unless they don't
plan to discontinue v1.1 support.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't forget the EU version...
I don't see why Sega wouldn't realease plus outside Japan either. However, there is no word on it yet, even though it is already out in Japan. Makes me wonder. As long as v1.1 is supported, the easy duping is going to continue ruining the game.
I guess there will always remain holes, and ways to cheat. But giving some cheat-fixes to the ppl that already don't use it and keeping it from the ppl in areas that need it the most really doesn't make sense. Yet, no word...

PatserGOUKI
Dec 5, 2003, 05:19 AM
Hi,

@AynRand>
OK i just put my memory card in to pso plus turned it on and it didnt ask to convert chars, got online with it no problemo.

I then go and put 1.1 in i can still oad up my characters and play, it does not actually convert them.

>>>I wonder that, if you played PSO "plus" and you can play v1.1 again, Can you do the dupe trick in v1.1 after you played "plus"???
THX

@-STE->
I have v 1 1 and i lost all items of my first character but i didnt lost items of other carachter on that memory. Strange and sad Sega cant make all thing perfect....
>>>how weird, I hate when this happens! but its weird that AynRand dint have this problems, and you had... I hope to get more info on this!
THX

So all in all
PSO "plus":
- cant do the dupe trick.
- There is no double save.
- you can however go back to v1.1, STILL UNKNOWN IF YOU CAN DO THE DUPE TRICK THERE, after you played "plus".
- are 4 new quests known as of yet: Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower, Central Dome on Fire!
- a new EP2 challenge mode, with unknown prices...

When someone has more news on the dupe bug, EP2 challenge prices and if duping still can be done in v1.1 after playing "plus", let me know please,

Thank you

PatserGOUKI

Tynstar
Dec 5, 2003, 03:11 PM
If I play in the US can I transfer my characters to PSO +? What will I lose if I do do that?

Are any of the Retrieval or Extermination online quest on the disc?

Mystil
Dec 5, 2003, 03:23 PM
You all can have fun with plus. I'm all for something else PSO wise. XD

Crystal_Shard
Dec 6, 2003, 02:09 AM
As a professional programmer, I have done more than a bit of coding, and seen countless lines of code. I know it is impossible to make a bugless program of any respectable size.
What I meant was that FSOD seems so common, it was worth looking into, and at least some causes should not be too hard to find. And those easy to find causes could be fixed in plus. I have a friend that FSODs about 1 in 2 times going to the lobby. So, it is sort of reproducable.
My question was whether there are any known fixes in plus.

From what I know of it, it's an isolated bug in word select. I think it would be easy to find, and probably fix.

I don't see why Sega wouldn't realease plus outside Japan either. However, there is no word on it yet, even though it is already out in Japan. Makes me wonder. As long as v1.1 is supported, the easy duping is going to continue ruining the game.
I guess there will always remain holes, and ways to cheat. But giving some cheat-fixes to the ppl that already don't use it and keeping it from the ppl in areas that need it the most really doesn't make sense. Yet, no word...

Ah. My apologies. ^_^

To be quite honest, the few times I've been online, I've never been FSOD'ed, although I have to admit, I don't normally go online to chat - most times it's to grab an item or to do a quest.

Anyway, your answer is no. I've got no evidence that shows me that FSOD has been reduced yet.

I've never seen a person FSOD another with a few carefully chosen words... ^_^ But if it's that isolated, and ST has been made aware of it, then it should be gone. Then again another version of it might crop up later, and maybe a more lethal one?

I might suspect they're just trying to see how many people would actually buy PSO 1&2 Plus a second time round. They may not have confidence that it'll sell well outside of Japan - hence the reason why so many JP exclusive freebies always remain JP exclusive. :P

Crystal_Shard
Dec 6, 2003, 02:14 AM
On 2003-12-05 12:11, Tynstar wrote:
If I play in the US can I transfer my characters to PSO +? What will I lose if I do do that?

Are any of the Retrieval or Extermination online quest on the disc?

No. JP PSO and US PSO data are completely different. You can't even save JP data on a GC mem card that's formatted for US GCs - you have to reformat all data on the card first.

Only if you have JP PSO v1 or v1.1 then you can transfer data to Plus.

Actually the answer to your second question was posted earlier. ^_^ None of those are available.

-STE-
Dec 6, 2003, 02:54 AM
On 2003-12-05 02:19, PatserGOUKI wrote:
Hi,

@AynRand>

>>>I wonder that, if you played PSO "plus" and you can play v1.1 again, Can you do the dupe trick in v1.1 after you played "plus"???
THX

@-STE->
I have v 1 1 and i lost all items of my first character but i didnt lost items of other carachter on that memory. Strange and sad Sega cant make all thing perfect....
>>>how weird, I hate when this happens! but its weird that AynRand dint have this problems, and you had... I hope to get more info on this!
THX

So all in all
PSO "plus":
- cant do the dupe trick.
- There is no double save.
- you can however go back to v1.1, STILL UNKNOWN IF YOU CAN DO THE DUPE TRICK THERE, after you played "plus".
- are 4 new quests known as of yet: Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower, Central Dome on Fire!
- a new EP2 challenge mode, with unknown prices...

When someone has more news on the dupe bug, EP2 challenge prices and if duping still can be done in v1.1 after playing "plus", let me know please,

Thank you

PatserGOUKI

battle 7 8 in multy

Zudomon
Dec 6, 2003, 03:52 PM
How can I play on the Japan servers? I been woundering how how to access them? I play on the American ones but don't really want to! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2003-11-29 05:23, Crystal_Shard wrote:
However, if you did not switch, ST will eventually remove Ep 1&2 Ver 1 servers and you wouldn't be able to play online at all...

There's only 4 ships running now anyway, it's a matter of time before they get transferred.

Also, you'd be unable to play any of the online quests.

I didn't have much of a choice, since I'd need some online help to attempt to get the Heart of Poumn in Rappy's Holiday. And playing on JP only servers isn't good if you aren't the type to start conversations, especially to Japanese players.

NoxiousOne
Dec 6, 2003, 04:36 PM
I have a minor question. How can I tell if I have a JP cube or a US cube? I wonder because the beat time on mine matches with the JP time zone.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 7, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-12-06 12:52, Zudomon wrote:
How can I play on the Japan servers? I been woundering how how to access them? I play on the American ones but don't really want to! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't the US players get to access the JP Servers?
Anyway, on the ship select screen, you should find an option for SHIP/JP and SHIP/EU. Those allow you access to the JP and EU ships.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 7, 2003, 12:44 AM
On 2003-12-06 13:36, NoxiousOne wrote:
I have a minor question. How can I tell if I have a JP cube or a US cube? I wonder because the beat time on mine matches with the JP time zone.

You should have been able to tell from the box it came in... ^_^

Anyway, some ways to tell.

1. Turn on the GC without a game inside. You'll get a system screen where you can check your mem card, change the clock time, among other things. Your system should display in English, not Japanese.

2. The cardboard box in came in should be mostly black, with the corresponding color of your GC (If your GC is purple, the box is Purple and black, etc, etc). JP GCs come in a box almost entirely white, with black sides and a picture of the GC (and its color) on one side and the controller on the other. Limited box sets are different.

3. Finally, If you only play games that come in standard size DVD cases, you're probably using a US cube. If you play mostly imports and your games come in dinky little boxes that are very nice to store, then you may have a JP cube. (It might be a modded cube though)

Uh, isn't this really getting off topic? ^_^ No offense but there's probably forums and message threads that deal with these.

Neo Rei
Dec 7, 2003, 06:35 AM
I got PSO Plus. My first one for the GC, actually. Does anyone know how to buy the HL? I posted a message on Tech Support (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71022&forum=3&4) but nobody seems to answer my question. Thanks.

AynRand
Dec 7, 2003, 08:39 AM
ok go here http://www.ah-king.com/pso/php/guides/guide.php

look at guides to the bottom left, all about online with 56k, bba, getting h/l etc all for the jp version http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShadowFOrce
Dec 7, 2003, 09:23 AM
I also have one question, what is so special about "plus" if you are going to go online with it?

AynRand
Dec 7, 2003, 10:54 AM
well it doesnt have double save so thats reason enough for me, but i am sure challenge mode for ep2 be online in not so distant future so that will be another bonus

ShadowFOrce
Dec 7, 2003, 11:08 AM
Well if there is no double save then it is easier to dupe right...?

martian_man
Dec 7, 2003, 11:27 AM
what i wanna no is if fsod iss offline now, because ST are so lazy they probably just swooped the quests from online and put them offline, bringing some online bugs with them.

ShadowFOrce
Dec 7, 2003, 06:56 PM
LOL, more than likely...

Proff
Dec 8, 2003, 04:58 AM
On 2003-12-07 07:54, AynRand wrote:
well it doesnt have double save so thats reason enough for me, but i am sure challenge mode for ep2 be online in not so distant future so that will be another bonus

Online EP2 C-mode should be available for all players, not just players on PSO Plus.

PatserGOUKI
Dec 11, 2003, 06:11 AM
On 2003-12-05 00:56, Superguppie wrote:

v1.1

I don't see why Sega wouldn't realease plus outside Japan either. However, there is no word on it yet, even though it is already out in Japan.

>>>All tru, but the Japanese had version 1.0, which had the bug of duping in c-mode. so thats why the japanese get "plus" (till now nothing is known of it coming overseas) Its simply to get all 1.0 versions out of hands.
I guess, tho, that overseas players will never see the "plus" version.
But i could be wrong offcourse!

PatserGOUKI

muff
Dec 11, 2003, 11:39 AM
I noticed they changed the ending credits very slightly. My Hune had a red Sword facing a C. Sorc, I'm pretty sure.

Also they fixed it where it says "Every Hunters Of PSO".

kevlar_pso
Dec 11, 2003, 01:38 PM
cr@p, I had a plus question butI forgot what it was. I have it comin thru my local imorter, but now I'm wonderin if I am just wastin my $$$. . . . .

Missingno
Dec 11, 2003, 06:07 PM
if you ask me
i doubt sega will release ep 1&2 plus
considering that they are more interested in ep3 and all their lame sonic games.

MFGouken
Dec 11, 2003, 06:26 PM
Anyone know if PSO+ is going to come to XBox?

Missingno
Dec 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
also since sammy bought into sega's shares, they have stated with intent to sega to stop focusing on console game development and more into arcade and anyone who shows resistance will result in sammy buying more into sega's stock.
so with this sign it seems that pso is going to go bye bye and so is everything else sega is trying to do.
but then im glad, cause sega has made too many mistakes as a business and failed 2 times on its so called next gen consoles.

LordMe
Dec 12, 2003, 12:26 PM
what...no...more...PSO...NOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordMe on 2003-12-12 09:26 ]</font>

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 12:45 PM
...WON`t belive it.....

Malkavian
Dec 13, 2003, 10:50 AM
Yes that's sad...
Also CSK the company who sold the actions to Sammy was a key for all the online stuff from SEGA. Now it will cost more or be harder for SEGA to handle online games.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif(((

If Sammy continues its Sega domination maybe Sonic Team Could separate and go independent. Actually they are the best seller department of Sega in console market.

NoaIzumi
Dec 14, 2003, 08:08 AM
Can you transfer your characters from Ep 1 & 2 US to Plus? And on that note, can you transfer characters from Ep 1 & 2 PAL to Plus?

-STE-
Dec 14, 2003, 08:11 AM
On 2003-12-14 05:08, NoaIzumi wrote:
Can you transfer your characters from Ep 1 & 2 US to Plus? And on that note, can you transfer characters from Ep 1 & 2 PAL to Plus?

Off course no.

azalyn
Dec 16, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-12-02 04:52, Alexis_Mihomiti wrote:
I just need to know one thing. Will Plus be able to log in using an AOL account or not? I was distressed to find out that after I bought my PSO for my GC, that AOL was not only not supported, but was later announced to be supported in -future- online games, meaning I was *%#$@ed out of online play and thus most of the actual value of the game. If Plus allows me to log on with AOL, I think it would be worth the excess cost.
Hmm, you can get online if you want.
It's as easy as simply adding a network lan card to your computer. And then you connect that card to the GameCube (using a BBA of course), and enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), in Windows. That will turn your computer into a gateway router which will allow internet access from your GameCube via LAN.

You can probably find some guides out there if you're not good with computers.
Also, it *is* possible to establish a network link between a PC and a 56k-GameCube-Adaptor, but it's a lot more complicated, it's similar to something dreamcast users used to do to get online with broadband, you need to setup a dialup server and stuff, it's a bit more complex.

Anyways, the point is, your ISP doesn't matter, as long as your computer is capable of receiving internet from *any* source (literally any). Then your computer can forward the connection to your GameCube. I have such a setup myself, just so that I can be online on my PC and on my GC at the same time.

Anyways, thats all off-topic...
As for PSO-Plus, I really hope it comes out here. My PSO copy is in less-than-mint condition, so getting a new one at lesser price, with more offline capabilities would be really nice, and all those bugfixes alone are worth it. Hopefully it also fixes that PSO-Exploit that the underground piracy sceene has been using to try to get piracy on GC up and running. If thats fixed, then it will throw a wrench in their plans. Discontinue the current PSO, and only sell PSO-Plus.
All the cheating and bugs and problems might be just enough inscentive to release it stateside. (and perhaps in europe)
I just really hope it gets here.

And if it does, hopefully we'll also have our own box set with Ep3 and PSO-Plus. ^.^
Someone should start a petition for this, but then again, those never seem to work... :
We can always keep our fingers crossed.

CGoodness
Dec 16, 2003, 07:15 PM
What is the difference between version 1 and 1.01?

are they both on gamecube??

How do you tell the difference?

If area completion is saved and you start with a saber and such, does that mean the my level 121 character will be on Ultimate Ruins with a saber, frame and mag?

azalyn
Dec 18, 2003, 04:04 PM
Update:

I'm not sure if anyone has heard this yet but I'll say it anyways just in case.

I just received my February issue of Nintendo Power.
And within the 'Epic Center' section which is usually deticated to RPG's and the like, NP seems to have had a chat with Yuji Naka, and during the paragraph I noticed the following:

"[...] we also learned that Sega is planning to release Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus---a revamped version of the GCN classic. It will include downloadable GBA games, new locations and quests that were previously available only as online missions. PSO I & II Plus should hit stores around the same time as PSO III---which means you can look forward to lots of amazing online action. [...]"

It seems unlikely that they are talking about the Japanese release seeing as PSOepIII is already out in Japan and so is PSOepI&IIplus, and like I said, this is the February issue. So yeah, this is very likely the first indication at a USA release.

Looks like we might not be missing out after all.
^.^

Freeloader
Dec 20, 2003, 02:49 AM
The gameboy advance games are in the "fake in yellow" quest. I don't know if it's new or not but there is a different ending to "soul of steel" quest where you save Ult and Elenor gets an angelwings mag. After I finished the quest, it reappeared in the quest selection. The mission is different, you head down to the forest and speak to Elenor. Is this new ??

PatserGOUKI
Dec 29, 2003, 08:31 AM
Hi my final word on PSO Ep1+2 "PLUS"...
PLUS knowledgements:

- In "plus" you can't do the shop-dupe trick!
- There is NO double save!
- After you played the Japanese ver 1.1, you CAN play "plus" ofcourse!
- When you played "plus", you CAN go back to play v1.1, AND the dupe trick in v1.1 STILL EXISTS. (*)
- There are 4 new quests known as of yet: Seat of the Heart, East Tower, West Tower, Central Dome on Fire!
- and there's also a new EP2 challenge mode, with still unknown prices...

Yesterday a friend of me (AppieDPC) and I figured out that we could play Ep 1+2 "plus" after we played Ep 1+2 v1.1. No items dissapeared. In "plus" we tried the shop-dupe trick, but it DOESNT WORK. After we played "plus" we went back to v1.1 and tried the shop-dupe trick, that WORKED!!!
So you can go back to v1.1 (japanese version) and still do the dupe trick! [STUPID SEGA]

Latest news is that there probably is going to be a Ep 1+2 "plus" in USA.

This was all my Ep 1+2 "plus" news!

Thank you

PatserGOUKI
PS: I dunno if there are more quests available, and im interested in the S-Rank EP2 prices...

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 29, 2003, 02:59 PM
can i transfer my ep1 & 2 characters to ep1 & 2 plus?? so, the main differences are just most of the stuff that was online only is now offline available also?? so now i can get a bkb offline, and all that other stuff?? cool...

_Ted_
Dec 29, 2003, 09:54 PM
I'm kinda lost on the whole v1.0 and v1.1 thing, how do I check which version I have?

Blitzkommando
Dec 29, 2003, 10:39 PM
Unless you have the Japanese version ver1 and ver1.1 don't affect you. If you do the ver1.1 will be on the title screen I believe.

-STE-
Dec 30, 2003, 02:36 AM
On 2003-12-29 18:54, _Ted_ wrote:
I'm kinda lost on the whole v1.0 and v1.1 thing, how do I check which version I have?

Blu disk v 1 0
Grenn v1 1

_Ted_
Dec 30, 2003, 03:20 AM
On 2003-12-29 23:36, -STE- wrote:

On 2003-12-29 18:54, _Ted_ wrote:

Blu disk v 1 0
Grenn v1 1

CRAP! Its blue! ARRRRGGGGGGG!

PatserGOUKI
Dec 30, 2003, 04:18 AM
On 2003-12-29 11:59, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
can i transfer my ep1 & 2 characters to ep1 & 2 plus?? so, the main differences are just most of the stuff that was online only is now offline available also?? so now i can get a bkb offline, and all that other stuff?? cool...

Hi

Im sorry to say but you never can get a Black King Bar ofline, because Gallons Shop in online only!
You can get the monkey king bar however! But you need to get online to trade Pdrops with gallon for a blue-black stone!

Answer on how can I see if I have v1.0 or v1.1:

In Japan when Episode 1+2 were released, there was a bug in the first releases. A dupe trick was possible via C-mode offline. This was the EP 1+2 v1.0.
Then before the rest of the world got EP 1+2, in Japan they released EP 1+2 v1.1, in that game the dupe Cmode trick was gone!
NOTE: this was only in Japan.

Important on Japanese EP 1+2:

When u still have the v1.0, there was an opportunity to change it with Sega for a v1.1. There was also an opportunity to buy a v1.1 from shops (www.japanvideogames.com)! When you transfer your characters from v1.0 to v1.1 all items dissapeared. This is also the case when you go from v1.0 to "plus" (v1.1)
PSO EP 1+2 "plus" is an updated version of the v1.1
Read this topic what has changed in "plus"

The disk of the Japanese EP 1+2 v1.0 is blue!
The disk of the Japanese EP 1+2 v1.1 is green!
The title screen of a Japanese EP 1+2 v1.1 says "v1.1"

Now everyone knows...
Questions are always welcome, here or in PM!

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-30 01:20 ]</font>

_Ted_
Dec 30, 2003, 04:53 AM
So there is only a Japanese v1.0 ? Are all US copies v1.1 regardless of the color of the disc?

PatserGOUKI
Dec 30, 2003, 11:07 AM
Yup like I said! ONLY Japanese know ver1.0
USA and PAL / EU are all v1.1. The v1.0 doesnt even exist.

Its because there was that dupe bug in the C mode in the first PSO EP 1+2...
Read my post before!

PatserGOUKI

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 30, 2003, 10:40 PM
so theres no gallon's shop in pso plus??!!?? whats the point then?? photon drops will still be useless to me. it sounds like its not worth it.

Ketchup345
Dec 31, 2003, 09:31 PM
Are the online quest offline able to be played Multiplayer? I did a quick scan CTRL+F : multi, and it didn't turn anything up about it.

AppieDPC
Jan 1, 2004, 12:38 PM
On 2003-12-30 08:07, PatserGOUKI wrote:
Yup like I said! ONLY Japanese know ver1.0
USA and PAL / EU are all v1.1. The v1.0 doesnt even exist.

Its because there was that dupe bug in the C mode in the first PSO EP 1+2...
Read my post before!

PatserGOUKI

USA does know 1.0
There are some 1.0's released in the USA (till december or so these discs were in the shop).
These have the C-Mode bug and 0 star Secure Feet etc.
I wouldn't know if these would get a "delete items notice" like when people transfered from JPN 1.0 to JPN 1.1, but if Plus ever gets a USA release we will know soon enough http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2003-12-30 19:40, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
so theres no gallon's shop in pso plus??!!?? whats the point then?? photon drops will still be useless to me. it sounds like its not worth it.

It isn't worth anything anyway. Its primairy purpose in Japan was: to get rid of all the old 1.0's that were still in the shop (people still needed to exchange there 1.0's for 1.1's by sending it to ST).
With the release of this disc there is no need for that anymore.

_Ted_
Jan 2, 2004, 02:52 AM
Well then how do you know if you have a version 1.0 AppieDPC?

Wode
Jan 2, 2004, 02:56 AM
hey too lazy to read this whole thread its probly in here somewhere but what about anti cheat ? anything like that in plus?

JohanCC
Jan 2, 2004, 03:14 AM
On 2004-01-01 23:52, _Ted_ wrote:
Well then how do you know if you have a version 1.0 AppieDPC?

Did you import it from Japan? If you did, does your game have a green disc, or blue disc? Blue disc is v1.0, green disc is v1.1. This only applies to the JP version.

If you didn't import it, and bought the US or EU version, then you have v1.1.

_Ted_
Jan 2, 2004, 03:57 AM
Well I have the US version, so it must be V1.1 , AppieDPC must just be off her rocker.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 29, 2004, 01:19 PM
On 2003-12-12 09:22, ScyllaV wrote:
also since sammy bought into sega's shares, they have stated with intent to sega to stop focusing on console game development and more into arcade and anyone who shows resistance will result in sammy buying more into sega's stock.
so with this sign it seems that pso is going to go bye bye and so is everything else sega is trying to do.
but then im glad, cause sega has made too many mistakes as a business and failed 2 times on its so called next gen consoles.

HaHa, You make me laugh. Are you stupid? Arcade machines? In case you haven't noticed Arcade production is 0, none, zilch, NOTHING. Haven't you heard? Major Arcade development is dead, bigger business are no longer creating arcade machines. So your comment makes no sense. Search it on Google. Arcades are GONE.

HairyGoat
Feb 1, 2004, 12:04 AM
So can you transfer your character to the JP version of plus from US EP I and II without losing your items? Also, can plus run on an american HL?

Jack
Feb 1, 2004, 07:31 AM
Nope.