PDA

View Full Version : Gametag for xbox pso!

shinta
Nov 28, 2003, 06:10 AM
Do you need a gametag to play xbox pso offline?!

rena-ko
Nov 28, 2003, 06:14 AM
as far as i know, yes.

Superguppie
Nov 28, 2003, 06:20 AM
Kinda crappy, huh? Needing XBox Live to play an offline game. Gee, I wonder how MicroSoft is making all that money....

Disturb
Nov 28, 2003, 07:24 AM
Yeah you need a gamertag to play PSO offline!

primer567
Nov 28, 2003, 01:00 PM
Its probably a security precaution because hackers could find some way to exploit PSO offline and ruin online games.

Toruxxx
Nov 28, 2003, 01:27 PM
On 2003-11-28 10:00, primer567 wrote:
Its probably a security precaution because hackers could find some way to exploit PSO offline and ruin online games.

and? havent they dun that already

Wufei
Nov 28, 2003, 04:35 PM
People with mod chips and Action Replay already do that (hacking and duping) offline with the Xbox version.

You need a Gamertag to assign characters to. Microsoft and Sonic Team didn't anticipate many people wanting to play Phantasy Star OFFLINE, so it makes sense. That and they were probably too lazy and greedy to devise a system in which characters didn't have to be linked to a Gamertag.

JohanCC
Nov 29, 2003, 02:37 PM
On GC, your chars are linked by your Serial # and Acess Code. On XBOX, they are linked through your Gamertag instead. Henceforth, you must have a gamertag to link them. Does this make any sense?

primer567
Nov 29, 2003, 03:12 PM
^ Thats correct.

shinta
Nov 29, 2003, 07:06 PM
ok, thanks for the answers!
This is probably one of the reasons people choose gc pso over xbox pso!!

jerrelle
Nov 29, 2003, 08:06 PM
maybe, or they choose it over xbox because they have a gc and not an xbox. don't try to silently insult xbox because of the need for a gamertag to play it offline. whatever platform they choose to play on is their decision and there are many factors that may determine which they may base the final conclusion.

Wufei
Nov 29, 2003, 10:10 PM
Why anyone would want to play PSO offline will remain a mystery to me.

Maverynthia
Nov 29, 2003, 11:18 PM
Why..well..lack of a BBA for one T_T
Thus I play offline...and..yes it sucks... However..all the stuff I have was gotten by me, myself and I...so I suppose there are bragging rights there... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

However I've always wondered what the Xbox people had to do..do they pay a HL Fee as well as a Live! fee?

AndyPandy
Nov 30, 2003, 05:03 AM
Phantasy Star ONLINE

-Luke-
Nov 30, 2003, 08:28 AM
Well, the game is best played online, but there are reasons to play offline. How come no one has mentioned the not-so-small fact that you HAVE to play offline to unlock the later levels? Aside from that, I played PSO on the DC in my old house, years ago. I loved the game, and later, I bought an Xbox, found that PSO would be on it, and was overjoyed. I bought the game, but couldn't play it. I went to a friend's house, we used his account, now I am happy. I play it offline at my house, and I also do Multimode. I do not have BB, so I cannot play on Live, but it's not a big deal. True, sometimes it does get kinda boring and lonely, but it's still a great game. Sometimes it would be better to have a GC and play with 56k internet, but hey, life goes on. There's more than one way to do things ya know?
Luke

jerrelle
Nov 30, 2003, 09:19 AM
as for the "pay for xbox live as well as hunter's license", don't you have to pay for a bba or modem (which can only be used with 1 game, mario kart dd doesn't count- system link only) as well as the hunter's license to play pso online?
so stop with the pointless comparison's of the systems. that ish is old already!