PDA

View Full Version : When you have that Feeling...

AUTO_
Nov 28, 2003, 05:20 PM
I'm sure everyone here has had that feeling when they want to make a new character on PSO to re-unite them with that loved feeling they seem to be losing.

I recently (and currently) have been going through this, and I finally asked myself what I wanted to accomplish by doing this.

Reach level 200?

Make it so old enemies don't recognize me anymore?

Different character?

I don't know if I'm the only person in here who plays PSO for other people's benefits and needs, but I realized that you have to play PSO for your enjoyment.

I recently made a new character and am having the funnest time I've had with PSO since I played it the first time on DC.

How?

I'm trying to expereince things I never thought to do before, mainly because of what others have said.

Like now, I make it a goal to search every room in every area, and read every message from either Rico or Flowen (calus).

I also do battle modes that I used to exile, such as rule 1 and rule 2 and 4 (really only ever did 6).

So what's the point of this thread?

If you ever get bored with PSO and get that feeling like you need to start over (even if you do); I recommend you try things you never have tried before...playing PSO from the reverse perspective might just save your..."relationship"...with the game.

I don't recommend that legits take up cheating now though...but cheaters feel free to become legit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rudoprime
Nov 28, 2003, 05:24 PM
What is the point of this thread?????

Doomed2k
Nov 28, 2003, 05:25 PM
I know how you feel. I hear all the time, don't play droids or rangers suck, so I went and made a RAcaseal. Now she is lvl 127 and i'm having the time of my life.

Perfection_of_Mark
Nov 28, 2003, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean.

I started as a tech force on someone elses mem card. when I got my own I became a melee FOmar, not too far away. Then, a complete 180 from a short range fighter/techer, I went with a RAcast. I loved playing as him.

Once I got corrupted, I felt like taking a familar yet different turn, a HUne. It's a lot like a FOmar but more fighting, less techs. I've also remade my FOmar that was coruppted into a Fonewm, a pure techer. I've remade my fav RAcast too.

If I ever make another character, I'll probally be a Hucast/casteal or RAmarl, the other main situations.

You can really enjoy the game 12+ (melee Fomar/marl) different ways.

Shake
Nov 28, 2003, 08:09 PM
I've done the same.

I'm currently going through Ultimate mode with my HUmar with the Offline Quests. It reminds me of the old days when I didn't have my modem adaptor...good times.

I've got two characters I am keeping, and a HUcast I hope to keep too. I've continued to switch between a RAcast and a Force character for the last I don't know how long. I'd like a new experience with a force type, but I really liked my RAcasts too.

Then again, think I want to keep this circulation going for as long as possible. If I decide on someone, I might end up feeling like I have nothing else to accomplish...

deathreaper
Nov 28, 2003, 08:36 PM
same here I have my HU but hacking and slashing my enemys to bits has sort of lost it fun like it used to bring me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

so i decide to make a FO and it's so different it is like playing a whole different game and boy is it fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Nov 28, 2003, 08:43 PM
i started out with a RAcast as my first pso experience -_-; but yeah, i then went to a HUnewearl, now that she's almost level 190, i decided to make a HUcast, and im starting to get bored with the amazing power trip. so i think my next serious character will be either another HU, or maybe a RA, but im not sure -_-; oh well, i have had the feeling before, yes, i have.

MasterJoel
Nov 28, 2003, 08:44 PM
agreed. starting anew is great. i recently wished i could start over, because i wished my high level chars were different classes. well, then i corrupted, and i really think that my new chars are a lot more fun. i just wish i could have kept my rares, but still, this is a lot of fun. i recommend corruption to anyone.

OriginalLacan
Nov 28, 2003, 08:46 PM
It's also a nice feeling when you just start a new game,and you actually have to look through the weapons/armor you find on the ground to see if one will help you. (smiling when you find a saber with another 5% native above what your current weapon has)

Thats a feeling you forget when you're running around with a bank full of rares and 100's of hours on the clock

KaFKa
Nov 28, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-11-28 17:44, MasterJoel wrote:
agreed. starting anew is great. i recently wished i could start over, because i wished my high level chars were different classes. well, then i corrupted, and i really think that my new chars are a lot more fun. i just wish i could have kept my rares, but still, this is a lot of fun. i recommend corruption to anyone.

had to make a correction http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kupi
Nov 28, 2003, 08:51 PM
I've been through all four FO classes to or near level 100, trying to find one that perfectly suited my desired "cleric" type character. None of them fit, not even the FOmarl. So you know what I did? I made my own cleric out of a new FOmar, forsaking attack techs entirely but for Grants. I've gotton some weird looks online, but for the first time I'm actually satisfied with my Force. ^_^ Viva la challenge!

I ain't gonna try a dark mage, though... that'd get you nasty looks instead of weird ones. O_o

Black000Moon
Nov 28, 2003, 10:25 PM
It seems like nobody ever plays a HUcaseal much....

Lord_Sloth
Nov 28, 2003, 10:39 PM
I think PSO gets very manotinous very fast! So I just stop playing it for like maybe a month or so! Then I get in the mood to play and do so for like 2 or 3 weeks!
I also have a major problem deleting characters and starting new ones!
I have 2 slots on my card that has no guarrantee that the characters will stay there!

joluh
Nov 29, 2003, 01:52 AM
I know how you feel ^_^ that's why i make a new character after the last one got to level100 =D, that way i keep the game fresh ^_~, almost 5 months with the game and can't get enough XD i love it!!! the new one it's a FOnewearl, people say if you play FOnewm don't go with FOnewearl, cause it's the same shit, but trust me, IT ISN'T AT ALL =D, she just got to level5 in 1 hour =S yeah, i didn't gave her any materials or a mag, she's doing everything by her own ^_^, the only thing i gave her are weapons, cause i love using them =D, since my FOnewm looks ugly with them, and he's faster without them too

joluh
Nov 29, 2003, 01:56 AM
On 2003-11-28 22:52, joluh wrote:
I know how you feel ^_^ that's why i make a new character after the last one got to level100 =D, that way i keep the game fresh ^_~, almost 5 months with the game and can't get enough XD i love it!!! the new one it's a FOnewearl, people say if you play FOnewm don't go with FOnewearl, cause it's the same shit, but trust me, IT ISN'T AT ALL =D, she just got to level5 in 1 hour =S yeah, i didn't gave her any materials or a mag, she's doing everything by her own ^_^, the only thing i gave her are weapons, cause i love using them =D, since my FOnewm looks ugly with them, and he's faster without them too

Also never try to get to ultimate at level 40 and stuff like that, turn the game boring, i did it with a FOmarl i loved so much, and she got boring, what happened to her!?!?? got deleted... now i'm having more fun with my FOnewearl, besides she's the cutest thing in the pso world XD

polishedweasel
Nov 29, 2003, 04:18 AM
I try to make this interesting, but it hurts so much just to play for an hour. I think it's time for another one of those 3 month breaks. Those usually help.

Neverwinter
Nov 29, 2003, 05:14 AM
I feel a slight agreeable feeling. I have a FOmar as my main character, i have had the game about 8 months on GC and only ever got tired of it twice, I took 2 weeks away, went back on ut still felt annoyed. So im round a friends now and plain PSO with him has made the game have insurmountable(sp) fun inside. Just play Multi-Player with a friend offline and you'll love the game!

LadyRedComet
Nov 29, 2003, 09:54 AM
Corruption happened to me at the perfect time as well. I was just starting to get bored with my screwed up HUnewearl when I accidentally deleted the game file while trying to figure out what was wrong with my ability to get online...I got to remake the HUne and start over and I'm having more fun with her this time around than I did last time.