PDA

View Full Version : Error 102 with 56k, just renewed H/L too...

King_Rappy
Nov 28, 2003, 08:36 PM
It's driving me INSANE!!! WTF should I do? My info is all correct...

VioletSkye
Nov 29, 2003, 12:47 AM
A little info will help.

Who is the ISP?
Is it a direct connect or are you using ICS (internet connection sharing?)
Can you get to the Website on PSO through your GC?

King_Rappy
Nov 29, 2003, 01:12 PM
My ISP is GETNET, and I cannot get to the website via GCN.

Rich_T
Nov 29, 2003, 02:04 PM
Try this:
pick up a phone on the same line, and listen to the noises your p.c makes while it conects, then listen to your phone and try and conect on your gamecube

King_Rappy
Nov 29, 2003, 08:38 PM
Thing is... I use cable on my computer, so I can connect to both t the same time.

EDIT: CRAP! It still won't do it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: King_Rappy on 2003-11-30 18:46 ]</font>

King_Rappy
Nov 30, 2003, 09:47 PM
I hate to double post, but I really need some help. Does ANYONE know how to fix this?

VioletSkye
Dec 1, 2003, 01:05 PM
You need to give us more info. Need to know what type of setup you are using. Are you using a direct connect from the cable modem to the GC, are you using ICS, or do you have a router or hub that is going to the GC? What re the settings you have tried? You see without physically being there, we need you to explain in detail exactly how you have everything hooked up.

King_Rappy
Dec 1, 2003, 06:36 PM
It's a standard dial up. Nothing fancy. It connects to the ISP, then I get kicked off. It also takes way too long to load, longer than it is supposed to.

VioletSkye
Dec 1, 2003, 08:04 PM
You have me totally confused now. Rich suggested picking up the phone and listening to the line when it dials and then in the next post you mention that you use cable. So are you saying you use cable for your pc and dialup for the GC? If so, why???? If you have cable already ditch the dialup modem and use a BBA.

King_Rappy
Dec 1, 2003, 08:51 PM
Call me a freak, but I like to use my computer while playing pso. I can talk to the people I'm playing with on aim, and sometime I go here to check stats about an item i've found. Plus, it's near impossible to find a BBA here in AZ. It's like hick town, minus the hicks. And the town, for that matter.

VioletSkye
Dec 1, 2003, 09:32 PM
On 2003-12-01 17:51, King_Rappy wrote:
Call me a freak, but I like to use my computer while playing pso. I can talk to the people I'm playing with on aim, and sometime I go here to check stats about an item i've found. Plus, it's near impossible to find a BBA here in AZ. It's like hick town, minus the hicks. And the town, for that matter.

LOL. I use my computer and play PSO at the same time alot. Thats what routers and hubs are for http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif To SHARE the connection amongst different devices. In fact I would wager to bet that a good percentage of the broadband users use their computer while they play. That way you can use your computer, play PSO AND talk on the phone if you want lol.

Anyway have you tried connecting with your computer using GETNET to see if it logs you on? And are you able to browse the web with it? Does it require any special software to connect or can you use DUN (dial up netwrking?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-01 18:39 ]</font>

Rich_T
Dec 2, 2003, 02:14 PM
Has your gamecube set up worked in the past?
As in the above post, conect your P.Cs modem up to your phoneline, create a new internet conection on your p.c using the same info as youve put into your p.c, if you do this you will be able to make sure that your details are correct on your gamecube.

Listen in as your gamecube dials, you should hear a series of tones as your gamecube dials, this will be followed by some screeching, then a breif silence, folowed by a different set of screeches.

try changing the setting on the gamecube between tone dial and pulse dial ( this used to work for me on dreamcast )

You have said

Thing is... I use cable on my computer, so I can connect to both t the same time.

As in the above post if you get a BBA for your gamecube you can do both at the same time, as well as free up your phoneline, and you wont be paying for Two internet conections

you also said

if you have succcesfuly bought a Hunters licence, you obviously have access to a credit card.
So you cant just pop down to the local shops to buy a BBA, and after all they are pretty hard to find.
have you tried online stores?
Nintendo have one, where they stock the BBA, and if you cant get one there, then you can look a bit wider, lik-sang have some in stock Here (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=52&products_id=778)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-12-02 11:15 ]</font>

King_Rappy
Dec 3, 2003, 06:27 PM
Well, my internet connection only allows a certain amount of computers per house to connect, otherwise we'd have to install an entire new cable network into our walls. (Not really a network, but you know what I mean...) My parent's wouldn't give up their connection, and I don't want to give up mine...

King_Rappy
Dec 6, 2003, 01:44 PM
So am I screwed?

Rich_T
Dec 6, 2003, 05:01 PM
You are far from screwed.

Your broadband conection may only allow a few devices conected, but does that just mean that they dont officialy support networking (B.T.W how many computers have you got conected?)

If you want to use a modem on your gamecube, set up a dial up conection on your P.C manualy, to do this look for some Internet service providers (ISPs ) in your area that offer a dial up service (search the internet)
Phone them up, and ask if you can set up a conection over the phone on your p.c without the use of a CD ( sa your CD drive isnt working/you havent got one)
it should be possible with the ISP your trying to use on your gamecube.
once youve set up your p.c with a dial up conection using windows dial up networking, you need to test it, if it works this way, then all you need to do is transfer the inforamtion to your gamecube.

if you have to use any dialer, or special software to connect using your p.c (AOl/compuserve etc) then it probably wont work.

King_Rappy
Dec 6, 2003, 05:14 PM
I'm not exactly in a position to do that, so... Would I be able to use the BBA with my cable service along with the other computers using it? Like, a router or something?