PDA

View Full Version : GC: Rare Enemies

FalhockOspri
Nov 28, 2003, 09:26 PM
Okay, here's my problem, I really really want a Lavis Cannon, but since I'm Redria, I get it from Pouilly Slimes on Ultimate at the caves... I tried piping for about 3 hours (about seperate times, put together they make 3 hrs.) and I haven't seen pidly squat. I heard they appear most often on the offline "Soul of a Blacksmith" Quest, that's all i've piped in... but the real problem is that the only rare enemy I have found are three Mil Lillys (One from pure luck, I about had a heart attack when I saw it, but it killed me in my extreme frenzy of killing it... stupid backup Ob Lillys; and the second from 2 hrs. of piping [looking for Demolition Comet; didn't get] and the third after about 2 more hours of piping and I got the Demolition Comet) my friend (who is Yellowboze) sees lots of rare enemies, he got a Hildeblue head, sees alot of Nar Lillies, and has even seen a Love Rappy, believe it or not, but I have only found pidly squat. Does Redria have somekind of "bad luck" with finding rare monsters... please tell me before I pull out my hair!

RavenTW
Nov 28, 2003, 09:34 PM
Everybody has bad luck. I've only seen three Nar Lillies, two Al Rappies, and two Love Rappies in the game, and the Als were back in DC.

heyf00L
Nov 28, 2003, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you just don't know what you're doing.

joluh
Nov 28, 2003, 11:42 PM
The more you want it, the less you'll find it ^_^

Just play and let the rares come to you, that's what i do, and since i can hardly play the game, the last thing i'll do it's pipe for hours to get a stupid rare, i've got lots of rare mechs but i can't stop loving my old vulcans with 35% hit =D

KaFKa
Nov 29, 2003, 12:16 AM
heh, pipe three hours straight for the lavis cannon, thats what i did.

_tsunami
Nov 29, 2003, 12:38 AM
ever since i started this game up to lv 116
the only rares i have not seen are
Love Rappy
Red slime
Hildetorr
Mil Lily

JohanCC
Nov 29, 2003, 01:20 AM
pipe in a room that has two slimes to start, then split them until there are 8 slimes. pipe back, rinse and repeat until you find one.

ShadowChao
Nov 29, 2003, 01:50 AM
Congrats on the Demo Comet.

As for the slimes, it just takes patience. Letting the rares come to you is another way of saying "Give up", don't. I recommend setting off a set amount of time each night, popping in a good CD (or 4) and piping until you find your slime. If it doesn't drop your Lavis Cannon, just call it quits for the night and try again tomorrow.

I also would like to remind you that Poilly Slimes are about as rare as Hildetorr's, and that Lavis Cannons are about as rare as Agito 1975/Heaven's Punishers. Good luck!

Miki
Nov 29, 2003, 02:13 AM
You've got to realize how against you the odds are. Not only will it likely take you a while to see a red slime, it's very unlikely that they'll drop the Lavis Cannon. (Each red slime has about a 5% chance, I think...)

This is not something you just decide you're going to put a couple of hours into, get your Lavis Cannon, and start hacking thinks to pieces with it. There's a reason it's rare. (Or rather, it would be rare if it weren't for duping...)

polishedweasel
Nov 29, 2003, 06:52 AM
Weasel Synopsis:

Rare enemies suck.

trunkszero
Nov 29, 2003, 07:57 AM
I HATE REDRIA, after 20 minutes of piping with my redria RAmar Kouichi, i saw my first red slime, so of course i hurried to kill it, all it gave me was 2,000 metsa, i want my lavis

Raziel_Kai
Nov 29, 2003, 07:59 AM
So far I have encountered all kind of rare monsters.
I seem to have a knack for finding rare lillies though.

My Al rappies were piped for in Fake in Yellow quests, once I had one appear during a vhard game but it got away.

My only Pal rappy was found in a Fake in Yellow quest. No drop though.

All the Lillis (Nar and Mil) were piped for or just plain found everywhere I play.

Love Rappies: 2. One in a normal offline run and the other while playing ultimate online. None dropped anything.

My only Hildeblue appeared during a VHard TTF but it didn't drop anything. My only Hildetorr dropped on me during a HS, killed me once but also, no drop after I finished it off.

But for the red slimes? Only one and it deigned to appear while doing Cmode... ergo, no rare... but it did drop a General/unit that was helpful in the long run in that stage.

Rare enemies are that: rare. And it takes more than just sitting in front of your TV hour after hour. Try piping for a couple of hours. If that doesn't work, get some rest and then try again later.
Patience is the key, that's all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raziel_Kai on 2003-11-29 05:02 ]</font>

Hrith
Nov 29, 2003, 09:37 AM
I think this is the wrong forum.

There is a place in Cave 2 in offline Addicting Food quest where there are two Poifully Slimes that you can split to a total of eight and pipe and resplit, etc.

Mind that if ONE of the slimes die, you can no longer pipe them.

I have found 13 Pouilly Slimes in REDRIA, no LAVIS CANNON http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

To give you hope, KaFKa found it on his first, and Ian-KunX on his eighth.

Brex546
Nov 29, 2003, 01:06 PM
Ive benn looking for something of a rare monster im a Humar(greenhill). Ill ive benn finding is guns(hmmmm i wonder y) and in the like ummmm 197 ours ive put in ive found, 1 hildeblue, 1 love rappy(the most recent, a justy), 2 mil lillies(1 dropped a justy, the other megid my bum), 2 al rappys(1 mind material, other uum mesata i think), ans 5 nar lillies(god i dont know).

GuardianPoe
Nov 29, 2003, 03:41 PM
One time I spent over an hour piping back and forth in Ultimate to find a Hildetorr... then he killed me. That kinda sucked.

I hit my first Mil Lily the other day by complete accident... and got a Demolition Comet from him as well... that was nifty, wasn't even trying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The one Hildeblue I encountered dropped its head, which my FOnewearl still uses as her weapon.

I can't recall what I got from the Al Rappy I saw...

All the other rare monsters have just disappointed me with their drops... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif