PDA

View Full Version : Help with USB memory card restore without sys/guild files!

tortimer
Nov 28, 2003, 09:32 PM
I haven't played PSO for a few months. I have a USB memory card with 4 characters saved on it. I deleted my PSO files and thought I could restore later. I wanted to play with one of the characters. So, I went to restore them from my save files on my computer. I then realized I only saved the PSO character file I didn't save the system or guild files. I tried creating a new system and guild card and then restoring the USB saved character file but when I try playing it says the files are corrupted. I think it might have something to do with time stamp or the sys/guild files have to be the ones used when creating the characters (not sure). If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I have been thinking about coming back since they have dropped the double save and EP. 3 is coming out next year. I have other characters I can play but I would also like to get back the 4 character off the USB card.

Black000Moon
Nov 28, 2003, 10:49 PM
i dont think u can get your characters back im not sure about this..sorry

VioletSkye
Nov 29, 2003, 12:41 AM
Sorry. All files are tied to the system file. So even if you recreate the files and try to upload just the Character file, its not going to work. Next time save all the files (Character, System and Guild--the network file is optional) Also DO NOT use the BACKUP CARD feature. When you try to restore from it, it relocates the save addresses (which is ok for some games but not PSO) and will corrupt. Then you will need to reformat the card and the old save files will not work on it. So just use BACKUP SAVER and UPLOAD SAVER and you'll be fine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif