PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Hikara

ladyjaderiver
Nov 28, 2003, 10:07 PM
Finally, I got off my rear end and put in the background. Heh, you should have seen the look on LadyRedComet's face when she got home and smelled the fixative I put on it...

http://www.freewebs.com/laluna/Hikara.JPG

Oh, and I've started on Sarunakai's request (it'll take a while - I just *had* to go and put Blaze in a position that requires perspective drawing. Definitely NOT my forte), and Hunewearl_Meira's request (this one should be done in a couple of days). Once I get a response about something, I'll get started on KaFKa's pic.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I decided not to give him a Grants ball, mostly because this goes with a poem Hikara wrote if I leave it out. *g*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2003-11-28 21:12 ]</font>

KaFKa
Nov 28, 2003, 11:00 PM
yes, gOOD sHIT as always.
*goes off to worship at jaderiver's altar*

Gnarled_rose
Nov 28, 2003, 11:07 PM
:-0 HOLY COW! That's awesome! :-0 Incredibly nice job! :-0 Huge congrats on this one.

ladyjaderiver
Nov 28, 2003, 11:11 PM
Good to know it was worth turning my fingers completely black to smooth out the background. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Many thanks for your kind comments. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

odie2088
Nov 28, 2003, 11:20 PM
YAY PRETTY PICTURES! -stares at picture- oooh, i wanna draw now....-lifts green stick figure arm and drinks coke-

ladyjaderiver
Nov 28, 2003, 11:44 PM
*blush*

Sunblast
Nov 28, 2003, 11:48 PM
Wow, the clothes look great! And I like the hair, too. Good work!

ladyjaderiver
Nov 28, 2003, 11:55 PM
*blushes again* Aw, thankies!!

odie2088
Nov 28, 2003, 11:59 PM
hey...she's turning red...SHE HAS SCARLET FEVER! OH MY GOD, GET HER SOME AIRLINE PEANUTS AND CAFFEINE, THE UNIVERSAL CURES!

joluh
Nov 29, 2003, 12:24 AM
I love how the hair looks =D

ladyjaderiver
Nov 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
Thankies! I do believe I'm getting better at drawing hair... I've been practicing a lot.

AmyofDeneb4
Nov 29, 2003, 01:47 AM
I need MAJOR help with eyes... =) I have a drawing ready to submit, cept for.. THE FACE AND EYES!!!
other than that, it isn't that great, It's my first one to submit too, just gotta get a host and scan it...

Edit - Forgot to say AWESOME pic, I absolutely love each one I see, and I can't wait for the next!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AmyofDeneb4 on 2003-11-28 22:51 ]</font>

Sord
Nov 29, 2003, 01:08 PM
Great picture! Such detail that i had to go to the sorce of the picture http://www.freewebs.com/laluna/Hikara.JPG because it was taking to long to download the picture from there to PSO world. Anyways, good picture, one thing i can never understand about good drawings though is how to do hair, making it look like it's more then just a solid object (it boggles the mind O_o.) anyways i'm rambling on, great picture!

-Z
Nov 29, 2003, 05:55 PM
WOW. i only have one thing to say...

YOINK!!!

*runs! ^_^*

ladyjaderiver
Nov 29, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yay! More kind comments! Thank you all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skett
Nov 29, 2003, 11:50 PM
Dang it... Oh, yeah. This is a very impressive picture and from what it sounds, you are going to be busy with other pictures of users on PSOW. It sucks, I created a neat little "Mark of Excellents" award earlier but I can't get it onto the post. Well, this is what it said:
This Mark of Excellents represents amazing work in craftmanship, talent, quality, and love for what you do.

To: ladyjaderiver
Date: 11-29-2003
Oh, well. Always next time...

ladyjaderiver
Nov 30, 2003, 12:50 AM
Aw, thank you! *blush*

Garanz2
Nov 30, 2003, 04:23 AM
Hey, my cookies are burning!

*Runs away and hides from Hikara with his scary, Uber-well drawn background*

MQuantum
Nov 30, 2003, 04:46 PM
Ooooooooooie.... Verrrry nice... Wow... awe...

I wish I could draw! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wonderful background! simply superb!

Kadou
Nov 30, 2003, 05:44 PM
Holy Giezus crackers! That's really good!

I'd like to think that the excerpt I posted in the last thread had a small hand in inspiring the background, but then I'd probably be making myself believe a lie type thing. Eh, whatever..

I might be making a request sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Hikara
Dec 1, 2003, 09:40 AM
Okay, for anyone who cares, especially Lady Jade, I'm creating my own little award. Since I don't have it yet, I'll just put it up here!

Lady Jade River has been awarded by the Protectorate of Light and the Starlight Runners the "SWEET MOTHER OF GRANTS!" award for superb works.

THAT'S AMAZING!!

ladyjaderiver
Dec 1, 2003, 10:09 AM
Aw, thankies!! Heh, I'm bored, so I'm doing this in Illustrator now... *g* I really ought to be more creative with my computer art projects, shouldn't I? Although my teacher does like all my PSO character art, so I don't suppose it's that bad that I'm not using original ideas.

KingChaos
Dec 3, 2003, 07:31 PM
very good pic=D

ladyjaderiver
Dec 3, 2003, 07:33 PM
Thankies! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Work on the Illustrator version is going to stop for a few days - my sister had the GENIUS idea to actually make myself a Mahu deck... And I need Illustrator and Photoshop for that. *g*

Sord
Dec 3, 2003, 07:38 PM
On 2003-12-03 16:33, ladyjaderiver wrote:
Mahu deck... And I need Illustrator and Photoshop for that. *g*

1. Mahu-please tell me your not talking about bionicles

2. Illustrator version???

ladyjaderiver
Dec 3, 2003, 07:51 PM
Illustrator is a vector based software for illustrating stuff (gee, I wonder where the name came from, don't you?). If you look back and find the pics I did of my sister's FOmar and my HUcaseal, that's basically what I was doing for the pic of Hikara.

And I meant Mahu the card weapon from PSO. *G* It's my favourite Force weapon. *huggles Mahu*

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm also going to make a full set of section ID pins (one for each ID) out of metal (probably pewter) and crushed stone if my Art Metals teacher will let me... *G*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2003-12-03 16:53 ]</font>

Sord
Dec 3, 2003, 07:58 PM
that would be awsome!! PSO IDs, that'll be intresting, but if they are't flat you'de have to take a picture then post it.

P.S. Thank goodness you didn't say bionicles. It brings pain to my fingers every time my little bros want me to build them one

ladyjaderiver
Dec 3, 2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the section IDs will be filed flat... Methinks you have to have them flat to put crushed stone in them. I'd like to use cuttlebone for them, but that reeks to high heaven, so I'll probably use the lost wax method - besides, that's my favourite. What other time do you get to sculpt out of hideous brown wax that looks like dog crap? *G*

MQuantum
Dec 3, 2003, 09:40 PM
interesting new ideas... A mahu deck (I've got a Mahu! Wheeeee!) and section IDs... I'm liking it!

Metal is fun to play with!

Sord
Dec 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
um, let me think, wax that looks like dog crap. Never, halealuya (i know that's not how you spell it, but i don't know how to properly spell it) for me. I'm not really sorry if i should feal good or bad for you though since you chose but then make a sarcastic remark about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2003-12-03 18:43 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Dec 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
Heh, the wax may look like dog crap, but I never said it wasn't fun to use. I just got done sculpting a statue of Roy from Fire Emblem out of it... He'll be cast in pewter and brass by Friday... (If anyone wants to see it, PM me and I'll take some photos of it.)