PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone find the Spread Needle fun to use?

Kamotz
Apr 6, 2001, 08:30 PM
I was playing with an obvious duper the other night. He was using a spread needle needle, a heavens puneshment, and had a chao MAG. He was lvl 47. After the battle he proceeded to give everyone a Lavis Cannon, Heaven's Punishment and a spread needle. The other two happily snatched them up. They all asked why I didn't take one. I figured what the heck? I can always drop them in offline. I used my regular weapons for the next level. Needless to say, I never go to a hit an enemy once. I went offline to see what it was like to actually use some of these "KILLEVERYTHINGINTHEROOMWITHONESINGLESHOT GUN+30"'s.
I don't get how it can be fun to use these things? They kill so fast, there's no point. There's no challenge in anything at all. Why would you want to walk through the door to the next room and be able to kill each and every baddie before they can get near you. Where's the sense of accomplishment?

I just don't get it.

rekonstruct
Apr 6, 2001, 08:37 PM
Well, seeing as how I just found mine yesterday, I havent unsed it much, dont plan to online either.. I remember whenever I would join a game and a needler was there I just left. I wouldnt want anyone else to feel the way I did. Im only going to use it offline, to speed up the death of everything in the room.

It sure will make finding rares easier offline though.

Wu
Apr 6, 2001, 09:12 PM
I traded off some crap I couldnt use the other day for a needle, figuring Id open up offline with it and see what all the fuss is about it. (I'd like to be able to try all of the weapons, for some reason. I did this with a heavens punisher the other day too, got it, used it for a bit then sold it to the store. Im weird. But my two top level guys are driods, so I trade off techs, para wear and things like that I cant use/have 2 of)

Its not fun to use, for sure. It is however, fast. If you were just treasure hunting instead of playing, get a spread. I can solo through the Ruins in half the time I can go with a group, and keep all of the loot for myself. Im thinking about keeping it just for offline/soloing.

jazzyfox
Apr 6, 2001, 09:26 PM
I've got one yeah. I use it online, yeah.

When online (and not on my loneseome) I tend to use just normal attack and special. That way my damage stays on the level of the rest of the party, and I can paralyze for them.

Offline, and against Falz, I go all out with it.

Parable81
Apr 7, 2001, 12:07 AM
What are you guys thinking? Yall taking it for granted...I lost my heaven punishment in a tragic mishap, and I miss it to death. How else can you cut down the annoying task of touching all those pillars to get to the ruins (thats when i lost it :-< sniff sniff ). If you don't want it, I will be glad to take it off your hands seeing as I am from Pinkal, and I am a ranger (pothetic if your not a force). Email me at [email protected] if you are willing to donate one.

Kamotz
Apr 7, 2001, 12:39 AM
Sorry, I got rid of all the stuff that guy gave me. I only kept them for about half an hour before I dumped them.

ICEsenZ
Apr 7, 2001, 01:49 AM
I have a spread needle, but i keep it in the bank most of the time. I'd usually use either my gaebolg or justice, depending on the situations. If there's a needle user in the game, fine, i'll just cast a wide area magic whenever i enter a room full of monsters and let him/her take them out (i still receive the EXP). Even then, my gaebolg can still kill faster than a needle. However, there are times when 2 or more of my teammates use spread needles. I would then take out my own spread needle and join them. It's actually alot of fun having a group of needlers taking out the ruin area. The game moves so fast, I could feel the adrenalin pumpin' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif u should give it a try. I have never misused my needle and never complained to other users either, unless they are real jerks.

"The wired is inifinite...everyone is connected at all times."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ICEsenZ on 2001-04-06 23:59 ]</font>

purhaze
Apr 7, 2001, 06:58 AM
every time some one joines my game and uses it i ask them to not, if they dont i just leave and make a new game, it would be an alright weapon if it did like 50 max damage and the special was used all the time, but when your trying to lvl and some one comes in and kills everything in the room before you look twice, its just sick

H2
Apr 7, 2001, 01:41 PM
*claps* Well said, people. Those spreads really make for boring play. When I was lower level, I played with some lv 16 spread punk in the ruins on normal. I swear it was the boring thing I've ever done.

Now, if I see a spread user, I ask him to put it away, regardless of his level or capability (I always hear stuff like, "But I'm no good with any other weapon" or "My character is lower level so I need to use the spread.") BS.

The whole ranger class seems grossly overpowered relative to the other classes because there are so many rangers with spreads out there. If you take away the spreads, things are balanced again, and everyone can have fun! Wheeeee!

Wu
Apr 7, 2001, 02:41 PM
You know that you can walk through the door with the back step thing to open the Ruins instead of having to go to all of the pillars, right?

Parable81
Apr 7, 2001, 03:03 PM
Hmmmmm...No actually I didn't know you could do that...cool, wish I would have knew that yesterday as I blew about 2hrs doing so, after losing my heavens punishment it got alot more difficult. Back on topic though, i borrowed a spread needle, and my boy Neo was verrrry low level. So what I would do was walk in and paralyze every single enemy. Than he did the work. It only sucks when its abused. Get this, I ask some moron to help lvl up my new character, and guide him through the ruins, well...technically he did, but the moron was spreading all the enemies b4 i even got to hit them. I had to tell him let me hit them first b4 he got the picture. Now I'm thinking, what the heck, your lvl 91 and don't know the basic pso ediqeute. Spreaders, listen up, it is a tool to help people gain experience, do NOT abuse it (unless your offline than go for it)!!!!!!!!!!And if you guys have a heavens punishment, send me private message...heh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

jazzyfox
Apr 8, 2001, 12:57 PM
Really, the spread is only overpowered in higher level characters, or low level ones with insane mags. When I was in my upper 30s with Cienna, this guy around my level came in with a spread, but I was doing more damage and still killing faster than he was. The spread needle itself is not a problem, it's the way people use it. It's easy to misuse, but it can also be used for good instead of evil. In the same manner, my Justices of Doom (50% abeast) can be evil in my hands, when I take down rooms in a few volleys. It's all a matter of whether the person using the weapon is considerate enough to tone it down when with others.

Cube
Apr 8, 2001, 01:12 PM
Well, I FOUND my Spread needle and since it is legit i beleive i have every right to sue it when i want...However...I only use it if everyone else agree's on it, becuase i understand it can get frustrating...I dont use a Heaven Punisher because those can get very anoying.... I only use my spread on bosses to say the least...

Sleet1
Apr 8, 2001, 04:06 PM
i had a spread. itr was kinda fun. i leveled up to lv 30 in like 4 days. then it was stolen. im KINDA, just kinda glad i lost it cu now its fun to use the other weps. but if i get another ill still keep it. o yeah how do you do the walkthrudoor thing? i need to know

Cassy
Apr 8, 2001, 04:10 PM
Well, I know that it matters the situation you're in. I (lv 76 at the time i think) was in v-hard caves just looking for rares online, and 2 of my friends came on. They were both 39, 40. Totally not equipped for the fast sharks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I was constantly bringing them back to life because their weapons weren't up to par. And then one pulled out his spread needle. At first, after hearing all the horror stories, I was hesitant. But he merely used it a few times, sometimes paralyzing so the other girl could hit them all and lvl up fast. We had a blast, and they lvled up very fast.

I know when I get one, I'll use it for the grimey quests where I have to bring people through the mines or ruins. My trusty Dark Raygun +15 doesn't cut it for those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif