PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone help me?

Aziangangster
Nov 29, 2003, 12:39 PM
Can some one plzz help me. I just got a broadband adapter and i filled out the information and everytime i try to buy a hunter's license It says i am online but the url code cannot be found. ALso when i try to play without 1 I hook up to the intenet and there is this green thing in the background and there is a big box that says error and it also says click start. So I do and it just kicks me offline.*sigh*Can some please help me. By the way I have comcast.

VioletSkye
Nov 29, 2003, 02:05 PM
LOL Comcast again huh? So far this problem has been resolved with calling Comcast and having them add the MAC address of the BBA to their system so the DCHP server can assign it an IP. give that a try and let me know if it works.

Aziangangster
Nov 29, 2003, 04:08 PM
On 2003-11-29 11:05, VioletSkye wrote:
LOL Comcast again huh? So far this problem has been resolved with calling Comcast and having them add the MAC address of the BBA to their system so the DCHP server can assign it an IP. give that a try and let me know if it works.

Aziangangster
Nov 29, 2003, 04:09 PM
so wat should I do

VioletSkye
Nov 29, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-11-29 13:09, Aziangangster wrote:
so wat should I do

Call Comcast tech support and ask them to add the MAC address on the BBA. You'll need to remove the BBA from the GC and on the bottom will be a white sticker with a 12 digit alphanumeric MAC address (it should start with 000.) After that set everything to automatic and leave the proxy info blank, then try connecting.

Aziangangster
Nov 30, 2003, 09:39 AM
They said they can't do that. They said they are not aloud to add mac adresses

Rich_T
Nov 30, 2003, 09:54 AM
Try calling again, you might get someone more helpful.
Are you using a direct conection, gamecube conected directly to broadband modem using a patch lead?

VioletSkye
Nov 30, 2003, 02:22 PM
Like Rich_T said, just keep calling and you'll eventually find someone willing to do it for you. As a Comcast member you are technically allowed only 1 IP (although they will be quick to point out that you can purchase more which is a ripoff so don't do it, especially if you own a router.) I hate to sound like a dishonest person, but if I were you, I would call and tell them that you are wanting to add the MAC of your laptop (although it will reallly be your BBA) and that you do not wish to use their install CD which btw is garbage anyway. Its better to use manual SAS registration. Anyway I digress, keep calling until someone helps you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-30 11:24 ]</font>