PDA

View Full Version : Skyly sucks!

ThaRealest
Nov 29, 2003, 03:34 PM
wtf .....I am lvl 112 in ult....aint found shit...

Dhylec
Nov 29, 2003, 03:50 PM
ya and so are every other ids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
nah its just lady luck hasnt smiled on you
try again & again pal.. rare turns up when least expected

joncushing
Nov 29, 2003, 05:58 PM
Just keep doing runs and you will find what you want eventually. Are you doing caves runs yet for chainsawd and/or red sword???

Zaneatron
Nov 29, 2003, 06:39 PM
take a look at his title. im sure that answers your question.

RavenTW
Nov 29, 2003, 06:43 PM
I've managed to find a Stag Cutlery before on Skyly with my level 114 HUcaseal, I beleive in Very Hard. Of course, the only good rares to find are in the depths of Ruins.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 29, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-11-29 12:34, ThaRealest wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG GGGGGG!!!
You have just insulted the only rank that can find the Sealed J-Sword! Much worse you have insulted the I.D. of my major Character!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG GGGGGG!!!
Prepare to die!
*stabs TheRealist with pickle*
Is it just me or is he Banned?

Wufei
Nov 29, 2003, 10:12 PM
Skyly is good for Ultimate Caves but not much else. My friends and I never do Skyly runs on other areas because there's always a better ID.

Skorpius
Nov 29, 2003, 10:43 PM
meh, skyly isnt all that great ;

only 4-5 things that are good, and mostly hunter stuff. Yellowboze is where its at =P

StrongBad
Nov 29, 2003, 11:27 PM
Skyly has the best Caves and the best Control Tower or CCA. They are, in my opinion, the best hunter ID. Them and Redria and Purplenum I think are the 3 best IDs overall.

bionics
Nov 30, 2003, 12:07 AM
Skyly is good stuff for Hunters. Caves is self-explanatory, and pretty much everything in a Skyly Tower run is quality.

By the way, Zaneatron, where'd you get that image for your sig? Optimus Prime!

Soukosa
Nov 30, 2003, 12:48 AM
If I was given a buck for everytime some said so and so ID sucks because they can't find what they want....

ladyjaderiver
Nov 30, 2003, 01:07 AM
I think Skyly's alright... Never had any reason not to like it. I remade my Skyly HUCaseal as a redria, hated it, and remade her again back to Skyly. *G*

DarkSoldier
Nov 30, 2003, 01:39 AM
I have a 111 SKYLY Hucast which have not been playing with cause i've been leveling up my Fomar so he can find me a couple of RED SABERS and LAVIS CANNONS. I'm kinda scared to go through caves without a mag cause I kinda have to use a VARISTA to attack the enemies cause I get my butt kick without a mag.

KaFKa
Nov 30, 2003, 04:09 AM
...i thought "tharealest" was banned...

and skyly is the best for hunters, and so what, you're not getting drops that you want. boo-hoo, everybody has to go through that shit. hell, i have like 1k or something hours on mu HUnney (im not sure on the hour count, but its up there) and i've not ogtten everything that i need. it just takes TIME.

-Luke-
Nov 30, 2003, 08:43 AM
You want swords, stick with Skyly. Last couple weeks I found no rares whatsoever.None.This week I found 2 Photon drops in one NORMAL Forest run.Thas pretty good. You want easy rares and über weapons in an instant? Get an AR or another game.
Luke

Zaneatron
Nov 30, 2003, 09:07 AM
im agreeing with skorpius. yellowboze, imo, is a good ID. its more of an all round, and finds stacks of money, which can be good if theres some nice items in the shops, and you always need money for mag raising. there is also a good selection of weapons on offer. its probably better if you have lots of other chars who you dont use as much. you likely to find something that goes somewhere with a yellowboze.

bionics: i scanned it from the from of my latest EDGE magazine. my website is up the shoot at the moment so i can post a picture of it.

www.edge-online.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2003-11-30 06:08 ]</font>

Ivan
Nov 30, 2003, 09:37 AM
Hey! im a new member, and fom one Ive seen this is one hell of a site!

Anyways, my FOmar Ivan is a skyly and b4 he corrupted, he was Lv122 and he was finding stuff all the time! Trust me, you keep loking, and skylys will bring you things you'll be thankful you waited for it

BARTAmaster
Dec 1, 2003, 09:52 AM
On 2003-11-30 06:37, Ivan wrote:
Hey! im a new member, and fom one Ive seen this is one hell of a site!

Anyways, my FOmar Ivan is a skyly and b4 he corrupted, he was Lv122 and he was finding stuff all the time! Trust me, you keep loking, and skylys will bring you things you'll be thankful you waited for it

You will be thankful when you find a S-J Sword. After all they are the only ID that can find it. O_o

Zarana
Dec 1, 2003, 01:09 PM
You're right that Skyly seems horrible. Its Forest, Mines, Ruins, Temple and Spaceship are easily among the worst in the game. You've got to realize, though, that Skyly's good finds aren't spread out at all. They're all concentrated in three areas, the Caves, CCA/Tower and Seabed. It's not a good, or even competent ID for most of the areas, but when Skyly shines it shines bright. Stay away from the five bad areas and you should be fine.

Flint
Dec 1, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-12-01 06:52, BARTAmaster wrote:
You will be thankful when you find a S-J Sword. After all they are the only ID that can find it. O_o

Thats pretty much the reason i went for Skyly, took me AGES to get a name i liked though (like about 130 tries in the section ID calculator), but i ended up with my kick-ass HUmar Ekimus!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

heyf00L
Dec 1, 2003, 03:16 PM
Skyly Caves and Tower can't be beat. And all the other areas at least have 1 good thing to hunt. I'd put it in the top 3 IDs.

Tilldawn
Dec 1, 2003, 03:25 PM
Skyly, Redria and Oran/Pinkal are the top three/ four ideas imo, cus they all find great things, and personally even though i aint got a skyly (making one) i think its a great ID since DC...!

lain2k3
Dec 1, 2003, 03:33 PM
On 2003-12-01 10:09, Zarana wrote:
You're right that Skyly seems horrible. Its Forest, Mines, Ruins, Temple and Spaceship are easily among the worst in the game. You've got to realize, though, that Skyly's good finds aren't spread out at all. They're all concentrated in three areas, the Caves, CCA/Tower and Seabed. It's not a good, or even competent ID for most of the areas, but when Skyly shines it shines bright. Stay away from the five bad areas and you should be fine.

Yes, skyly tower and seabed are THE BEST in the game..., which is why skyly sucks for hunters.

ABDUR101
Dec 1, 2003, 03:55 PM
My first character was a skyly, and it's what I've used since the DC version. Always got me what I needed and then some to give out to others.

The thing is, if you concentrate on getting a rare all the time, you're just going to piss yourself off.

trunkszero
Dec 1, 2003, 03:58 PM
i've always used a pinkal since the days of dreamcast, but my second character has always been a skyly, they reak of awesome-ness

Wood_Golem
Dec 1, 2003, 04:42 PM
On 2003-11-29 12:34, ThaRealest wrote:

*branch starts burning*
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skyly RULEZ for hunters i bet you have a RAnger or something and just say it sux

MaxBuster
Dec 1, 2003, 04:48 PM
I'm surprised you haven't found tons of Stags yet, they seem to be everywhere. Anyhow, Skyly has the best chance of finding God/HP's, an invaluable item for Forces.

NKOTB
Dec 1, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-12-01 13:48, MaxBuster wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't found tons of Stags yet, they seem to be everywhere.

Exactly, they are everywhere and they suck. Why would anyone mention it? Half the characters can't even use it, and if they could, wouldn't want to.
I find probably 1 a day for the past month. Or more. Hell, I could find 1 Demo Comet or more a day if I wanted.
I'm not saying Skyly is bad, but who gives a poo about Stag?

Wood_Golem
Dec 1, 2003, 05:34 PM
On 2003-12-01 14:25, NKOTB wrote:

On 2003-12-01 13:48, MaxBuster wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't found tons of Stags yet, they seem to be everywhere.

Exactly, they are everywhere and they suck. Why would anyone mention it? Half the characters can't even use it, and if they could, wouldn't want to.
I find probably 1 a day for the past month. Or more. Hell, I could find 1 Demo Comet or more a day if I wanted.
I'm not saying Skyly is bad, but who gives a poo about Stag?

Where exactly is it that you people seem to find so many Stag Cutlery's?? The last one i got was from a merilia in cca can't seem to think anywhere else..

edit-forgot about Gulgus

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wood_Golem on 2003-12-01 14:36 ]</font>

LordMe
Dec 1, 2003, 05:41 PM
i don't like stag's i've found 10 of them

Blue-Hawk
Dec 1, 2003, 06:34 PM
On 2003-12-01 06:52, BARTAmaster wrote:

On 2003-11-30 06:37, Ivan wrote:

Don't you IF? With such a low drop rate from one of the stingiest enemies in the game?

LordMe
Dec 1, 2003, 06:35 PM
well all there is to do is look for it right?!?!?!?!