PDA

View Full Version : 200DEF mag formula?

kitomaka_ck
Nov 29, 2003, 06:43 PM
I want to make one as soon as christmas comes, so I searched for the post by the guy who made one, and I guess it's too old now. But someone said what to feed it, well, does anyone remember what it was? It's Sol, Monofluid, Antiparalysis or something like that. Help please!

Zaneatron
Nov 29, 2003, 07:45 PM
this would be impossible, due to the fact when its a baby mag feeding it any of the items will not decrease your mags stats. so by the time it comes to evolve it would have already accumilated at least a point in something else.

kitomaka_ck
Nov 29, 2003, 07:46 PM
*sigh* my friend scarab has a level 50 or so mark3 with as much DEF as it's level is. There is some combination to feed it, but he won't tell me...

LordMe
Nov 29, 2003, 07:52 PM
there might be i've never heard of one

Delsaber
Nov 29, 2003, 08:01 PM
You can do it with one of the system mags, that is it. I don't know the formula, though. I am sure that someone has attempted to make a 200 def mag before.

kitomaka_ck
Nov 29, 2003, 08:24 PM
Let me recap this. I KNOW someone has made it before. I KNOW someone posted the feeding formula here. WHAT I DON'T WANT TO KNOW is that you DON'T KNOW.

And I said it was a system mag already.

Eihwaz
Nov 29, 2003, 08:27 PM
On 2003-11-29 17:01, Delsaber wrote:
You can do it with one of the system mags, that is it. I don't know the formula, though. I am sure that someone has attempted to make a 200 def mag before.

But WHY? A Mag that adds 200 Def? Wow, watch the enemies do 3 damage to me! EAT PHOTON! *Miss, Miss, 5 dmg*

*gets surrounded by S-Reds, dies*

See what I mean? It might have it's uses, but seems kinda worthless for me.

But, if you want to do it, go with the System Mags. You'll prolly have to switch between different foods, though.

kitomaka_ck
Nov 29, 2003, 08:38 PM
It's kind of like getting your character to 200. What's it for?

Wow, watch me sit in the lobbies and be an attention whore!

lol... when I make a new character, all I'd have to do is give him whatever units his class excels with (god/power etc.) and the 200DEF mag, he'll be protected enough and with the units they'll be good.

It's like asking a melee force why they melee, the answer is they do it because they can and they want to and it's how they like to play.

VulpesMundi
Nov 29, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-11-29 17:38, kitomaka_ck wrote:
It's like asking a melee force why they melee, the answer is they do it because they can and they want to and it's how they like to play.

Yes, but a force can melee decently thanks to their high level spells. Spending countless hours to make a MAG that, quite frankly, has no value to any good player is kinda foolish. This is why I didn't bother putting a DEF MAG in my single-stat MAG guide. Do yourself a favor and make a better MAG and equip a couple God/Body units instead. You'll get a lot more out of it. Remember, 1 DEF is only worth 1 DFP, while 1 POW/MIND are worth 2 ATP/MST.

But, since you're probably not going to listen to me (hey, I gotta at least warn you), the way to make an all DFP MAG is not easy. You'll need a Mark III MAG (created by a MAG cell from a Christmas Present) and you'll have to alternate feeding it Trimate, Antiparalysis, and/or Sol Atomizer. You may have to throw in other foods as well at various points to reduce the POW and DEX scores a bit. Good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-11-29 18:08 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Nov 29, 2003, 09:47 PM
On 2003-11-29 18:07, VulpesMundi wrote:

Remember, 1 DEF is only worth 1 DFP, while 1 POW/MIND are worth 2 ATP/MST.

Good luck.

Yep. And it takes two Dex points to add on 1 ATA point. So, that's even worse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aunt_Betty
Nov 30, 2003, 01:14 AM
If you made a DEF mag will you have a raising of elemental reisistance.

Genoa
Nov 30, 2003, 02:13 AM
On 2003-11-29 17:27, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2003-11-29 17:01, Delsaber wrote:

But WHY? A Mag that adds 200 Def? Wow, watch the enemies do 3 damage to me! EAT PHOTON! *Miss, Miss, 5 dmg*

*gets surrounded by S-Reds, dies*

See what I mean? It might have it's uses, but seems kinda worthless for me.

But, if you want to do it, go with the System Mags. You'll prolly have to switch between different foods, though.

defense... come on. You want HP more. How much does DFP matter to Dark Falz... (not at all) His damage is set. You just have to make the HP requirement. And techinques! You would want HP. I wouldn't want a DFP mag. And no, you cant make a regular mag have 200 power just like what the 1st person posted because during its "MAG" stage, you will level more than just defense regardless of the item used on it.

Rogue100
Nov 30, 2003, 10:58 PM
Yep. And it takes two Dex points to add on 1 ATA point. So, that's even worse. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's true, but since there are no materials to enhance ATA like there is for DEF. Since there is a better alternative way toget defense through materials it doesn't make sense to use the mag for that, whereas with ATA, there is no materials alternative, meaning that it does make sense to add DEX to a mag.

cameron121
Dec 1, 2003, 12:47 PM
hello I have one of 6 legitly made level 200 def mags, I am sorry to say that I didn't post a formula for one. But if you experiment with sol. difluid sol. you might be able to figure it out, and unfortunatly I'm no longer online so getting it from me or anyone that has it, is near impossible at this point. However my friend has 2 that he made adn he is still online, if you have the right items maybe he'd be willing to trade one to you!

ilr2000
Dec 1, 2003, 03:02 PM
Wow I'm really shocked at the people in this thread. The dude wanted to know how to make a 200def mag, and you guys ripped him up cause you thought it was a pointless item. You guys don't know his situation... so don't assume you're right and he's wrong. The only way to make a tank of a character is to have a 200def mag with 4 god/hps in the armor. Yanno that actually sounds like a pretty interesting concept. Slap that onto a HUcast and go to town... lord knows he doesn't need the ATP (and if you throw 150 power mats at him its like he has his level 150 pow mag). That's an increadible twinking strategy, since you start in ruins at level 1 (with a few friends, of course), and when you're level 20 head to hard ruins. Never touch forest until ult mode!

Da_Wrecka
Dec 1, 2003, 07:53 PM
On 2003-11-29 22:14, Kokekirby wrote:

Wrong. MAG stats do NOT affect resistances. AT ALL. A 200 DEF MAG will still leave you with 0 on all resists compared to without.

Alteisen
Dec 1, 2003, 08:09 PM
On 2003-12-01 16:53, Da_Wrecka wrote:

On 2003-11-29 22:14, Kokekirby wrote:

Wrong. MAG stats do NOT affect resistances. AT ALL. A 200 DEF MAG will still leave you with 0 on all resists compared to without.

The guy asked if it was POSSIBLE (note the boldface on the word which suggests that he asked), not that you CAN (which implies that he typed "you will" instead of "will you"). Guy just forgot to throw in a question mark instead of the period.