PDA

View Full Version : Online content not loading

Miki
Nov 30, 2003, 02:03 AM
I'm trying to connect to PSO with a Bellsouth DSL connection for the first time. I was successfully able to get my Hunter's License, and when I tried to log on, it appeared to work, and popped up the little "Welcome to Minhiro" screen. However, after I close the window, nothing happens. I've left it sitting for a while waiting for the ship select screen to pop up, and nothing happens. I've tried this multiple times, and I always hang up at the same place.

When I tried this with a modem connection, this would occasionally happen, but it seemed like it would finally pop up the screen if I tried logging on a few times. This time, it doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich_T
Nov 30, 2003, 09:52 AM
details of your set up are needed, iof you want to get help, incde all equipment between your gamecube and internet service.

Miki
Nov 30, 2003, 11:40 AM
Well, as I said, I'm using Bellsouth DSL. I'm using the Westell DSL Modem provided with the DSL service, and connecting it to the broadband adapter on the Gamecube with a LAN cable.

Everything seems to go fine, I beieve it connects, and all the proper lights come on and everything, but after the "Welcome to Minhiro" screen, it sits there, not loading anything more. The actual lobby animation keeps running as I let it sit for a while, but nothing else comes up.

Rich_T
Nov 30, 2003, 11:57 AM
http://support.easystreet.com/easydsl/equipment/westellb.jpg

is that it?

Try this:
disconect the modem from the mains, and disconect the lead to the P.C, count to 10.
plug in the gamecube, switch modem back on, wait for it to re-establish a conection (both lights to go green) connect to pso on your gamecube.

Miki
Nov 30, 2003, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that's essentially what it looks like. Min also has a USB adapter, but I don't think I can use that...

No luck. I tried about every ordering of hooking up the DSL to the Gamecube and connecting the DSL, and nothing worked. Any other ideads?

(BTW, I noticed that when I froze up, and tried to disconnect so that the game would save gracefully, unhoooking the phone jack from the DSL wouldn't disconnect me. The Ethernet light would sit there, happily lit up, telling me that I'm still connected. I had to power down the whole DSL to disconnect. Is that something? I thought it was odd, and that I might report it.)

Rich_T
Nov 30, 2003, 12:50 PM
you could try looking through the set up pages for the modem, to see if theres any way of adding your gamecubes mac address, or you could rtry calling your isp and asking if they can add it.

Miki
Nov 30, 2003, 01:04 PM
Okay, I'll have to admit ignorance here. What is a mac address, how do I find out what my Gamecube's is, and how to I try adding it by myself before I call up Bellsouth help?

Rich_T
Nov 30, 2003, 02:09 PM
take out your gamecube BBA, on there is a sticker with a barcode thingy on it, somewhere in there is a 12(?) digit number with the mac address on it, you need to ask you isp if they can add it.
your other conection options are
router/modem, internet conection sharing, both require aditional equipment.

Miki
Dec 1, 2003, 02:53 AM
I called up Bellsouth support, and in the end, what finally worked was connecting with PPPoE, using my Bellsouth name and password. But, in any case, I'm on, everything is good. Thanks for all the help.