PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Songs

Moo2u
Nov 30, 2003, 06:45 PM
I'm making a mix CD to listen to during the holiday season. I just need a few more tracks, anybody care to enlighten me with their favorit Christmas Songs?

I personally like the classics...You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch all the way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SpikeOtacon
Nov 30, 2003, 06:49 PM
12 redneck days of christmas.
**laughs**
My dad forced me for YEARS to listen to that song.

muff
Nov 30, 2003, 07:07 PM
The Pogues - Fairytale of New York

LamerPanda
Nov 30, 2003, 07:20 PM
Grandma got run over by a reindeer~!

What, songs I can name actual artists for? *digs through the playlist*

The Trans Siberian Orchestra did a nice version of Carol of the Bells, heh.

If you want to bother with anime songs, Di Gi Charat had a whole Christmas CD but I think it would kill most people with sappy cuteness. "JINGURU BELL, JINGURU BELL!" Digimon has some too, haven't heard 'em though.

Bright Eyes had a Christmas CD too, it's scary. I liked the version of White Christmas on it, though!

Ooh, I know! Blink 182 has "I Won't Be Home for Christmas". XD

JohanCC
Nov 30, 2003, 07:47 PM
Christmas at Ground Zero

LamerPanda
Nov 30, 2003, 08:00 PM
The Night Santa Went Crazy. XD

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Dec 1, 2003, 07:34 AM
Waffle House Christmas

ladyjaderiver
Dec 1, 2003, 10:34 AM
The Holly and the Ivy is always good. *g*

Bradicus
Dec 1, 2003, 11:27 AM
The first ten seconds of the futurama theme song....

Ketchup345
Dec 1, 2003, 11:41 AM
Snoopy Vs. the Red Baron by the Royal Guardsmen
Christmas in East Haven by ??? (it's to the tune of another Christmas song that I forgot the name of)
maybe 12 Pains of Christmas by ???

Edit: When you're done, can you please post a list of songs that are on it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-12-01 08:48 ]</font>

shifter
Dec 1, 2003, 11:44 AM
thanks for stealing the only two christmas songs that i still enjoy right now panda.

MasterJoel
Dec 1, 2003, 01:37 PM
i always liked "santa baby", but that's just me... i'd go for that one.

starhealer
Dec 1, 2003, 01:58 PM
The Night Santa Went Crazy, Carol of the Bells *hearts the Trans Siberian Orchestra*, What Child is This, Christmas at Ground Zero, The Twelve Pains of Christmas...and Santa Claus is Too Fat (or whatever it's called).

Anubis_
Dec 1, 2003, 03:51 PM
Temptations- Any traditional Christmas song you are missing..

seriously.. even if you arent an old-school r&b fan.. the temtations have you covered..

jazzyfox
Dec 1, 2003, 05:59 PM
You can't have one without Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family.

Nai_Calus
Dec 1, 2003, 07:13 PM
Micheal Crawford's rendition of Oh Holy Night, syrupy children's choir or no, is just plain AWESOME. *_*

But then, I love Micheal Crawford. >_>;

I don't like recordings of xmas music, for the most part, though. I'd rather sit around with dad and the Episcopalian Hymnal 1982 singing stuff out of the book. Maybe he'll get out his guitar and play, or play it on the keyboard. We'll do other stuff too, like Oh Holy Night and the like. I'm agnostic, so the real meaning to it comes from being together and having fun, not believing in the words I'm singing. *shrug*

I have yet to find a recording of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas I like, despite loving that song. Boo.

Zaneatron
Dec 1, 2003, 07:40 PM
"well i wish it could be christmas every day"-wizard
theres some other christmas song by a band called slade, its excellent though, christmas classic.
(big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box)