PDA

View Full Version : w00t for a mediocre rare

Quo
Nov 30, 2003, 09:11 PM
Well, the other day I finally found a musashi. Yes, not that great of a weapon, I know; but it was my first double sword style weapon. I've spent some time hunting for it and the yamato on different files, but I never could find either of them (I have terrible luck with good rares, I'm the crap rare king, but I have very few good ones). So with my redria file (whose true purpose is to retrieve a lavis cannon) I began the hunt again, and I found it after 4 runs (I had done about 50 with other characters. Anyway I was exited to find a rare that wasn't just a crappy 9 star continuation of other weapon series' (I have so few rare class weapons).

LordMe
Nov 30, 2003, 09:12 PM
great work

Skuda
Nov 30, 2003, 09:36 PM
If you want crappy rares...Call me please! I have cross scars comming out of my ears! dragon slayers, silence claws, bloody arts, anything 9 stars I probably have!!!! I WANT THEM GONE!!!

Quo
Dec 1, 2003, 11:08 PM
On 2003-11-30 18:36, Scott_Kuda wrote:
If you want crappy rares...Call me please! I have cross scars comming out of my ears! dragon slayers, silence claws, bloody arts, anything 9 stars I probably have!!!! I WANT THEM GONE!!!

I have enough crappy rares, thanks. However one has to be moderately happy to find even a crappy rare when it is the first of its kind. You were a little happy to find your first cross scar weren't you. Every one after that was a blight to your inventory, but its good to have at least one of each crap rare when your rare list is short just to say you have it. Which is why I celebrated my musashi find: it's primacy.

However, I'm in the same boat as you. Except my plague is L&K14 Combat (and all 9 star mechguns in general). They must take up half of my store room. I also have tons of 9 star slicers, sabers, daggers, swords, canes and just about every normal class 9 star weapon(an interesting note, I don't have a single 9 star partisan, wand, or shot; but don't offer, I'm not intersted). I keep them around in case I ever get online so I can trade them to noobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2003-12-01 20:17 ]</font>

Arakon
Dec 2, 2003, 11:03 AM
I'll take a mech gun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I got a Skyly ranger (about the worst combo possible), and my best mech gun on ultimate is a fricking shock vulcan.

Hrith
Dec 2, 2003, 11:14 AM
SKYLY is not that bad for RA, ORAN is worse !

Although SKYLY is the worst ID for Mechguns.

Soukosa
Dec 2, 2003, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't consider the Musashi to be a "crap" weapon. Its beserk special can do some good damage.

NeonShadow
Dec 2, 2003, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to get a Musashi from that dragon on the hard mode with my Hucast viridria

lain2k3
Dec 2, 2003, 03:00 PM
On 2003-12-02 08:26, Sounomi wrote:
I wouldn't consider the Musashi to be a "crap" weapon. Its beserk special can do some good damage.

yep, the yamato is worse.

Ketchup345
Dec 2, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-12-02 08:03, Arakon wrote:
I got a Skyly ranger (about the worst combo possible), and my best mech gun on ultimate is a fricking shock vulcan.

How is Skyly a bad RAnger ID? It may not find Mechguns, but its secondary rare is Rifles. The Rifles are ok, especially if you can find one with hit%, as they have useful (and fun) specials.

Quo
Dec 2, 2003, 11:22 PM

I don't consider the Musashi to be a crap weapon. It's just that everyone and his brother has one. And, it's no Sange & Yasha.

Dhylec
Dec 3, 2003, 03:08 PM
oi, u guys ever consider donating some of your 'crappy' rares to the psow salvation army http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
it's a win-win situation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skuda
Dec 3, 2003, 06:24 PM
a PSO sally anne! wow...never herd of it..I'll gladly curse...I mean donate them with all my horrib.....lovely rares..*cough*

Quo
Dec 3, 2003, 06:49 PM
On 2003-12-03 12:08, Dhylec wrote:
oi, u guys ever consider donating some of your 'crappy' rares to the psow salvation army http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
it's a win-win situation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I can't get online.

Quo
Dec 3, 2003, 06:54 PM
Well w00t (kind of) again. I beat hard dark falz and made my way through very hard forest, Again with my redria. Lo and behold my first run through, the dragon drops the yamato.
It kind of ruins my leveling plan. I hate being so weak in ult. so I planned to build levels by picking a boss rare and taking the shortest route through his level straight to him until I got it. I decided with my redria file I would get the musashi and yamato for their respective difficulty modes. but, now that I have both I'll have to find a different boss rare to hunt. Oh well.
I don't even use the double sword weapons anyway because they're too slow. (I'll stick to my double saber).

Quo
Dec 3, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-12-02 12:00, lain2k3 wrote:

yep, the yamato is worse.

How so?

Cengah
Dec 3, 2003, 07:00 PM
The Yamato's special is freeze.

Quo
Dec 3, 2003, 09:29 PM
On 2003-12-03 16:00, Cengah wrote:
The Yamato's special is freeze.

So what?

Edit: Oh, no. Nevermind. The berserk special drains HP to do uber damage. I was thinking it confused. (I don't use special attacks often). Yeah, I can see how the Musashi would be better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2003-12-03 18:41 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Dec 4, 2003, 01:15 AM
If you have the ATA for it, I find freeze better than Berserk...On the other hand, Hucast playing has made me stingy with my HP and lauding anything that stops an enemy.

Dhylec
Dec 4, 2003, 11:17 AM
On 2003-12-03 15:24, Scott_Kuda wrote:
a PSO sally anne! wow...never herd of it..I'll gladly curse...I mean donate them with all my horrib.....lovely rares..*cough*

scott, check the army out in the trade forum pal..
if u can get online it's a good place to clear up your bank http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif