PDA

View Full Version : holy shit?!?!?!

polishedweasel
Dec 1, 2003, 02:05 AM
http://albinoblacksheep.com/video/smb3.php

yeah...the player of this video has no life. But fun to watch none the less...

OriginalLacan
Dec 1, 2003, 02:28 AM
damn...

Kent
Dec 1, 2003, 02:53 AM
And I thought my 500 combo in NiGHTS was crazy...

Mixfortune
Dec 1, 2003, 03:00 AM
OK that is the work of the devil incarnate...
Especially liked the parts with the mass 1UPs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT- According to my time, my post just happened to fall on 00:00

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-12-01 00:00 ]</font>

Dgo
Dec 1, 2003, 03:10 AM
Holy Shit i've never seen that part of the game before that was great. Hey you got any more of those gaming feats of you do share them please!.

Mixfortune
Dec 1, 2003, 03:13 AM
Fortunately for Polished, it wasn't him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
There should be plenty of other "crazy crap" on that site, if you look for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NKOTB
Dec 1, 2003, 04:21 AM
That is crazy crap

Auronius
Dec 1, 2003, 08:47 AM
That was one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

Droit
Dec 1, 2003, 09:38 AM
i can't see the vid, what's it of? sounds like ddr, because of the 500 combo comment....

BogusKun
Dec 1, 2003, 10:17 AM
I'm taking a wild guess that the video is about Mario on Smash Brothers (n64) doing tornado spin with a turtle shell. I can't see it because, I have 56k slow as hell and i don't have the patience. Don't ask why I am on 56k but... oh well...

Many years ago when the game first came out, there was a Smash Brother's God that goes by the initials M.L.S-M. from Dallas, Texas. He fought anybody and everybody he can, and I believe he won at a A-Kon tournament while he visited some of his friends. In this time when the game was first released... he showed us a trick he found out called the Infinity Tornado... only for Mario and somewhat Samus too. I say he had too much time on his hands. Yea he discovered it first in my book. Problem with us seeing him is that he is now one of those Liutenant guys in the Marines.

You may know his pso name as DoctorMario, LCplLuigi, N@S~, or DirEnGrey, just in case you seen him before.

Bradicus
Dec 1, 2003, 11:35 AM
that is some seriously messed up shit...

for all those who can not view it, it is god (i assume) playing mario perfectly!!! Not a single wasted motion or second.

anwserman
Dec 1, 2003, 11:37 AM
I agree with polished, that guy seriously has no life. However, seeing him beat Super Mario Bros. 3 in less then 11 minutes, with 99 lives AND not making a single mistake (as in, dying or going from Leaf/Fireflower Mario-> Super Mario -> Mario)

I'm in awe but I'm also scarred for life by the fact that somebody actually took their time to learn and do all of that!!!!!!

starhealer
Dec 1, 2003, 11:44 AM
Holy shit that was the most messed up thing I've seen in a long time. That guy was frigging good--he had no life, but damn.

And I don't know about it being God...but maybe. That was frigging awesome.

Deathscythealpha
Dec 1, 2003, 12:53 PM
MY GOD! That was friggin amazing! Everything was done perfectly. The guy who was playing that must have been practising for years.

The only problem i find with that is i thought you had to have all three warp whistle's before you could get to zone 8. I remember that you had to use the first whistle to get you to the warp zone, whistle two should be used on warp island one to take you to two, then whistle three to take you to three.

LamerPanda
Dec 1, 2003, 02:37 PM
I've wasted my life. ;_;

I was confused on the warp whistle thing too, but I also had Super Mario All-Stars, for all I know the NES or the Japanese version might have been different.

I want to see someone make a video like that for Super Mario World. I'd love to see someone go through it in maybe a half hour or so. u_u;

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2003, 02:43 PM
There's a collection of videos that demonstrates 100% completion in Metroid Prime in only 1 hour and 37 minutes.

Take a look (http://www.planetquake.com/sda/mp/).

polishedweasel
Dec 1, 2003, 02:53 PM
I don't think I'd want to watch metroid prime for that long....er...maybe....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!*clicks link*

anwserman
Dec 1, 2003, 03:00 PM
No, remember that he had two whisles, and he used one to get to the warp zone, and he used one within the warp zone to get to World 8.

The only logic that I can see within the whole Warp Zone is that the Warp Zone is World9, and the following rules apply to which set of pipes you go to.

World1 ->World2,World3,World4
World2,World3,World4 ->World5,World6,World7
World5,World6,World7 (and World8 and World9/Warpzone) -> World8

I'll see if I can test it out tonight. Because, if you get all three whistles, by completing World 1 with the two whisles, go through World 2 and get the whistle and go to the Warp Zone.... you'll end up getting to chose world 5/6/7. If you use the Whistle again and go to World 8, you'll still have one of the three whistles left in stock.

If you completed half of World 8 and used the whistle, you would supposedly go back to the Warp Zone, choose World 8 again, and you'd get back to that map. Now, would the world be completed up to the point you used the whistle, or would it be reset like you've never done the world before (as the system was set up so that you should have never have the ability to head back to another world... except for this little bug of sorts.)

Now I'm interested in the whole Warp whistle thing!

opaopajr
Dec 2, 2003, 01:48 AM
in old SMB3 one of the whistles skips an island when used.

if i remember correctly it should be in the first world castle using the raccoon tail to fly straight up to a secret room. Actually there's a shot of it in the movie "the Wizard." that is the one that skips if i remember corerctly.

You only need 2 whistles (1 normal and 1 that skips)and they are both available on world 1. It was like that on japanese version as well as american version. I remember all this because I was a grade school kid when I lived all this: the movie, SMB3 japan, and later SMB3 american. It's a distinct part of my childhood.

and unfortunately i've never beaten SMB3 all the way through because i'm so used to using the cheat... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif A lesson to all you youngins, don't let cheats rob you of games' other fun levels!!

Ness
Dec 2, 2003, 07:22 AM
I saw that on OCR last week so it's old news to me.

Abaddon
Dec 2, 2003, 07:46 AM
Jesus H. Christ...and I thought the Trogdor player getting to level 100 was anal

polishedweasel
Dec 2, 2003, 11:37 AM
Did you notice that when he shot the fire balls, they came out hella close to one another? Like...very friggin close.

anwserman
Dec 2, 2003, 11:43 AM
The farthest so far that I've gotten to beating every level in SMB3 was when I almost finished world 5, but then the graphics glitched for no good reason, rendering the game unplayable.

googles
Dec 4, 2003, 02:28 AM
Thats crazy, but how can you people say he has no "life"? He mastered a game, that dont tell you shit about him. I hate when people just assume.

polishedweasel
Dec 4, 2003, 02:31 AM
Bleh...hater.

Kasumi19
Dec 4, 2003, 09:45 AM
I can't load this page with the video, but I have watched it before. Someone posted it on another thread in this forum.

I was really good at the Super Mario games too. At one point I could play SMB1 when someone was covering up the screen because I had the game memorized. I was thirteen, it was summer break, and I had way too much free time.

The first time I beat SMB3 was in the Arcade. It was not that hard, the only thing I hated about doing it in the arcade was that I found it was harder to use a joystick. My friend worked in the arcade and set the game to free play so I did not have to pay for it.

I later purchased the game and I know I had a time close to what that person did. I could beat the game in less than fifteen minutes. I have also beaten it without using the warp whistles so that I could see all the levels. I actually found world 7 (pipe world) to be harder that world 8.

I am not that good at Super Mario games now with the exception of SMB2, that game is just really easy. I beat it the night I bought it and recently tested my skills at it on GBA and I am still able to beat it in about 15 minutes. I was also pleased that the error in the ending had been fixed too.

That movie brought back some happy SMB memories. I was so addicted to those games.

dark_agenda
Dec 4, 2003, 01:57 PM
I'll tell you guys right now that you only need the first two whistles to get to world 8

polishedweasel
Dec 4, 2003, 02:15 PM
We discovered this about 13 years ago... silly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

dark_agenda
Dec 4, 2003, 02:24 PM
you're kidding?! it's old news! Damn, i've wasted the last 13 years of my life! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Delsaber
Dec 4, 2003, 04:03 PM
I can beat it in around twenty minutes but I would much rather go through the whole game and beat it. I like Super Mario World(SNES) better.

MaxBuster
Dec 4, 2003, 04:44 PM
Damn, I thought I was good, but this guy's insane. He must've played the game like a million times to time the jumps and enemies like that. I am surprise though that he wasn't able to get the 3rd Star for the easy 5ups, lol.

LamerPanda
Dec 4, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-12-02 04:22, Ness wrote:
I saw that on OCR last week so it's old news to me.

What, did anyone ask you? Did that even add anything to the conversation?

General rule of thumb, don't waltz into a topic just to say something is old, because the whole world doesn't revolve around you. =O

I like Super Mario World(SNES) better.

I like SMW better as well, I have all the stages/exits on SNES and GBA. XD

Auronius
Dec 4, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-12-04 13:44, MaxBuster wrote:
Damn, I thought I was good, but this guy's insane. He must've played the game like a million times to time the jumps and enemies like that. I am surprise though that he wasn't able to get the 3rd Star for the easy 5ups, lol.

I think the reasoning was that it takes a few extra seconds for the star thing on the five up. Plus he was going to get 99 lives anyway...