PDA

View Full Version : EP 1&2 on PAL card.

no1
Dec 1, 2003, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, but I just need some confirmation.

I got my Ep 1&2 (PAL version) save on a PAL memory card, on a PAL machine. I am importing Ep3 and was wondering if I could use it on the same memory card, ie share guild card file. It's not a problem if I can't. I specially bought a memory card in Japan when I went there. I can create a Ep 1&2 file fine on the JP memory card, on a PAL machine, I've tried. I was just wondering if I could use the same memory card for both saves.

On most other consoles this is fine, but I've heard on Gamecube it's different. I don't want to wipe my Ep 1&2 save.

Lit
Dec 1, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-12-01 07:20, no1 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, but I just need some confirmation.

I got my Ep 1&2 (PAL version) save on a PAL memory card, on a PAL machine. I am importing Ep3 and was wondering if I could use it on the same memory card, ie share guild card file. It's not a problem if I can't. I specially bought a memory card in Japan when I went there. I can create a Ep 1&2 file fine on the JP memory card, on a PAL machine, I've tried. I was just wondering if I could use the same memory card for both saves.

On most other consoles this is fine, but I've heard on Gamecube it's different. I don't want to wipe my Ep 1&2 save.

well you cant...only if your EPi 2 was JP ,,,and you importeed epi 3 JP then you...but now you cant....so better make epi 3 in new memory card...take care

zimmk2vgc
Dec 1, 2003, 11:41 AM
why woukd epi three wipe epi 1+2 data? it doesnt make any sense to me. And a technical reply would be preferred instead of blaming ST for the cock up.

no1
Dec 1, 2003, 11:47 AM
I was thinking of different formats of saving data to the memory card. The JP version might use a different format for saving data, which would mean formatting the memory card to the new save format.

EDIT: Who was blaming ST?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: no1 on 2003-12-01 08:47 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Dec 1, 2003, 12:22 PM
ok, this is how it goes.

if yo have a PAL save on a memory card you cant save a NTSC game save on it. what would happen is the game would have to re-format the card so it can save that game due to its different coding. re-formatting is what you do after a corruption, which wipes the card clean. so a PAL save and an NTSC save cant be saved on the same card, neither can the guild card file be saved/moved. this isnt ST's fault, its a hardware issue, which in turn is nobodies fault either.

also im happy with my better quality picture http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif although i have to wait an age for games (PAL user)