PDA

View Full Version : BEST CHARACTERS FOR 4 PLAYER

Ultimo9
Dec 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
What are the 4 best characters for a 4 player multimode?
Which ones work well together and at what level should each of them be to beat De Rol Le?

KaFKa
Dec 1, 2003, 05:48 PM
HUcast

HUnewearl

RAnger

FOnewearl/FOnewm/FOmarl

should be about level 10

LordMe
Dec 1, 2003, 05:49 PM
yeah that sound's about right

Eihwaz
Dec 1, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-12-01 14:48, KaFKa wrote:
HUcast

HUnewearl

RAnger

FOnewearl/FOnewm/FOmarl

should be about level 10

Yes, that sounds about right. Personally, I'd go with:

HUmar
HUnewearl
RAcast
FOnewm

You get the well-balanced-ness of a HUmar, the Magical sexy powers of HUnwearl, the Raw ranged power of a RAcast and the tech-nukage of a FOnewm. Everyone can take care of themselves, and also support each other.

Also, all should be at similar levels. The FOnewm could prolly be as much as 15 levels behind the others, and the HUnewearl could be maybe 5-7 levels under...you get the idea...I think...O.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-01 15:23 ]</font>

Squeege
Dec 1, 2003, 06:24 PM
RAmar/RAcast-ranged stuff
FOnewm-magic+revive stuff
HUmar-beat the crap out of him when he's on the raft
whatever else you have

JohanCC
Dec 1, 2003, 06:27 PM
However, I don't think a HUnewearal would be nessesary if there's already a FO, unless you're thinking of splitting up 2 and 2 in the caves area... then that'd make sense.

Wewt
Dec 1, 2003, 06:34 PM
Four FOnewms if you're only really taking on De Rol Le. Why? Their Rafoie is the most powerful, and that little bit of magic rips the worm apart.

dArKrEaVeR
Dec 1, 2003, 06:36 PM
[i think that there should be a hucast,fonwearl,racaseal,and a hunewearl if it was up to me id like to see 4 strong lv 100+ fonewearls just in there tearin it up like no other time, those right there are good times indeed i must say....
On 2003-12-01 14:47, Ultimo9 wrote:
What are the 4 best characters for a 4 player multimode?
Which ones work well together and at what level should each of them be to beat De Rol Le?

[/quote]

LordMe
Dec 1, 2003, 06:36 PM
yeah and they can die in one shot!!!

SS_Death
Dec 1, 2003, 06:58 PM
I would say it depends on the players, my friends and I were a team of the following:

HUcast
HUmar
HUmar
FOnewm

The three hunters dealing with things up close and the force providing Shifta, Deband and Resta. I clear the mines and draw monsters while the HUmars flank and the force acts in support.

In the end it depend on you are your teams style of play. I do suggest at least one force to heal and s/d and at least one android to deal with traps. Outside of that take whatever suits.

Good luck!

sephiroth_pfo
Dec 1, 2003, 07:14 PM
The best team i have ever been in consisted of: HUcast,FOmarl,RAcast,and a HUmar. I must realy over train because I was lvl.26 when I creamed him the first time(but then again it was like "hey deroli BIF!!" then he died after a couple more shots).

Nai_Calus
Dec 1, 2003, 07:31 PM
The kind of team I'd like for just about anything consists of the following:

FOmarl
HUmar
HUcaseal
RAmarl/cast

Your mileage may vary, but. (Best support force, the HUs with the best ATA, and a Ranger for backup who can either be seconday support or a ranged powerhouse)

Mustashi2278
Dec 1, 2003, 08:10 PM
I would say
2 Hunters
1 Ranger
1 Forces
the HU should be at kinda high lvl, so does the RA, but the FO can be at any lvl, in ruins ult, al FOmar at lvl 95 can be great, but a 110 HUmar can still have difficulty.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 1, 2003, 08:20 PM
I've found that this works best.

A FOmarl works well with any party. But it takes tweaking to get the right combo. Here's what I usually like to jump into:

FOmarl
Humar
RAmar/RAmarl
HUcast/RAcast

Most of the time 2 rangers will get the job done with group attack weapons. A HUmar can go in and add additional damage while the rangers blast everything. And the FOmarl must be able to deal damage and do support at the same time. FOmarl heals and does the SDJZ and tries to stay out of danger. Too many androids could be bad due to lack of group support, then again they usually carry Star Atomizers. But the android freeze traps help out with large groups where my barta techs won't freeze all the time. That's pretty much what works when I'm looking for a good party. 2 FOs can work too. Just be sure to have some strong HU or RA that can deal heavy damage relatively quickly.

Eihwaz
Dec 1, 2003, 08:33 PM
Hmm...after reconsidering things, I decided that if you have a FO, the HUnewearl is a bit uneeded...So, with that in mind, here's my NEW AND IMPROVED!!1 4 Player multimode roster thingy...

HUmar: Accurate, strong, healing techs, you know
RAmar: Highly accurate, basic techs, and big guns
FOnewm/FOmarl: Nukage, or support with possible melee
HUcast/HUcaseal: Raw power, or supreme ATA and EVP (good with claws, heh)

That can get the job done, clear through to Ult.

Wewt
Dec 1, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-12-01 15:36, LordMe wrote:

...and one would be an idiot if they can't anticipate that, but worse if they can't think of a good strategy to survive De Rol Le's attacks.

KaFKa
Dec 1, 2003, 08:52 PM
i will validate my team for you people...

HUcast-POWER

HUnewearl-the best char class http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif also, secondary force (in the big rooms) and also a competent melee (2 HUs are better than 1)the char you have around for anything you need

RAnger-(preferrably caseal or mar)a force bodyguard and decent backup

FOnewearl/newm/marl-for their forceyness(FOmar is an abysmal FO when compared to the others)

now then, will you all please tell me why this team isn't well balanced?

Nai_Calus
Dec 1, 2003, 09:26 PM
On 2003-12-01 17:52, KaFKa wrote:
i will validate my team for you people...

HUcast-POWER

HUnewearl-the best char class ^^ also, secondary force (in the big rooms) and also a competent melee (2 HUs are better than 1)the char you have around for anything you need

RAnger-(preferrably caseal or mar)a force bodyguard and decent backup

FOnewearl/newm/marl-for their forceyness(FOmar is an abysmal FO when compared to the others)

now then, will you all please tell me why this team isn't well balanced?

No, but I'll bitch you out on the 'best' character class and 'worst' FO. >P Depends on what you're comparing. Self-sufficient character? Good solo and in teams, can fill in for a Force, deal some sick damage and have very little danger to themself? Hellooo, RAmarl. Worst Force? Well, FOmarl has the least MST, and lousy attack bonuses, and FOnewm has decent MST and no support bonuses. Granted, a FOmar ain't much better with his pitiful Resta and Anti range, but... What, exactly, makes a bad FO? Bad tech bonuses? That depends on the situation. Bad MST? That depends on the situation and your bonuses. As a support FO, I will agree that a FOmar sucks, but a FOnewm is just as bad, if not worse...? If you're talking raw damage, he's not gonna get much from his MST, but neither is a FOmarl, and the FOmar at least has Gi-type tech boosts... He'll do ok melee, too, as long as you can get around his abysmal ATA.

And a HUnewearl, or for that matter, a RAmarl, in a well-balanced 'ideal' team like we're talking, is actually a poor choice - Worst ATA growth, worst ATP, worst HP of the HUs. You're better off with a character that beats her at both ATP and ATA, since otherwise... Well, you've got a FO doing S/D/J/Z and the occasional tactical attack tech. Your HUcast is presumably using freeze traps... So... Why have her when her strength is in self-sufficiency? Sure, HUmar Resta is ass, and HUcaseal is non-existant, but if you've a female FO, there's a good chance that they can heal you from halfway across the room anyway, and even HUmar Resta can make the difference between living and splatting. So... Again, why the HUnewearl?

*shrug* But then, my opinions are different from yours, and I play my HUmar as support half the time anyway... XD

KaFKa
Dec 1, 2003, 09:45 PM
*sigh* non-believers...

this team is "ideal" even without the HUnewearl, but he's asking for a ideal 4-player team. you need the power (HUcast) you need a ranger for force bodyguarding and taking out single enmies (RAcaseal or RAmar) and you need a FO, since it is a TEAM, a support (Newearl, or even better, marl) FO is the best bet. there, you have every point covered. now then, where is the fourth person? you could just be another RAnger, but that is kind of fruitless IMO, another FO? tech spam x2 is even worse, then theres a HUnter, why not? another person to man the front lines, no? so then, since this is going to be another HU, why not make one that could help themself, and help others, your "wild card" as it were. backup for everything. i suppose a RAmarl would fit into that role, but two rangers are kind of redundant (as stated before) so, you're left with two choices, based on the player's taste: HUmar, or HUnewearl. HUmar is more powerful and has better physical stats, but is still dwarfed by the cast's sheer brute force. then you have the HUnewearl, respectable stats in almost everything (ATP, mostly) and you also get lvl 20 techs plus TP restore if you're really willing to wait. although her techs and MST are put to shame by the FO, meaning there are two sides to the coin. (to coin an old phrase) basically, i chose newearl, since she can fill in as the temporary FO until someone comes up with a moon.

thats my reason

LordMe
Dec 1, 2003, 09:47 PM
On 2003-12-01 17:39, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

On 2003-12-01 15:36, LordMe wrote:

...and one would be an idiot if they can't anticipate that, but worse if they can't think of a good strategy to survive De Rol Le's attacks.

strategy huh...then i am a idiot i never use a strategy it is useless

Raziel_Kai
Dec 1, 2003, 11:27 PM
2 Hunters, one Ranger and one Force. About level 10 to 15.

At least one android with a gun and enough fluids for the force to keep boosting/healing/attacking with his/her techs.

My personal favorite:

Hucast
Hunewearl
Racast (or Ramar)
Fonewearl

The Hucast lays traps near groups of enemies and the Racast (or the Ramar using Trap vision) blows them up. Basically, using a cmode strategy for the level.

Just my two meseta

MaxBuster
Dec 2, 2003, 02:20 PM
I'd go with HUcast, RAmar, FOnewn, FOmar. Less need for Moon Atomizers if one of the Forces die.

_Sinue_
Dec 2, 2003, 03:18 PM
I tend to think of this as the most ideal team:

HUcast - Awesome ATP potential for a frontline figheter

HUnewearl - Enough ATP to kick some ass in battle, and can help the FO with Resta and other support if cut off in in battle.

RAcast/RAcaseal - RAcaseal can be first in a room to clear traps and not have to worry much about being hit thanks to a higher DEF. RAcast can needs to watch out a little more because of his lower DEF and ATA.. but he's more powerful in combat. RAcaseal gets Confuse Traps I believe - which is the most useful trap IMO.

FOnewearl/FOmarl - Both are support mules - but the FOmarl can handle herself better in combat. FOnewearl has greater MST and TP which keeps her casting longer and has a bonus to simple techs - which helps a lot in boss fights or for taking out single enemies at a distance.

darthsaber9x9
Dec 2, 2003, 03:51 PM
ok i woudl have :

HUcast-power traps. nuff said
RAcast- much the same, but with a ranger. you dont need another tech caster really
FOnewearl- can support a hell of a lot better then fonewm, and can chip in wit the simple tech damage. hard tech spammign is useles with 4 people in the team.

4th place is really another force. I fu choose this option, have an all out support fomarl and an all out attack foneweaerl or fonewm.

another hunter, i would go with hucaseal

NEVER HUMAR he doesnt fit into a team for me

Naagata_Clan
Dec 2, 2003, 03:58 PM
Man... haven't been here in a while...
Well really, it depends on how you want to play, whether your going to split into 2 and 2 or stay as a big group... but if you ask me... a very good team would be...
HUcast/HUmar - Your raw power
HUnewearl - Your power with some backed up Magic
RAmarl/RAcast - I know kind of a big change, but a RAmarl would be like another support caster, and RAcast would be long range power.
FOmarl - Your PRIMARY support caster. able to S/D J/Z everything, plus you get all of the 2x ranges and such for support spells. Plus they have good Def, so you can go out and whack stuff yourself.

I've played online with my friends as a team of
HUcast
HUnewearl
RAmarl
FOmarl
and it was just a slaughterfest... just like that song by Queen...
Duh da duh duh duh... another bites the dust....

navci
Dec 2, 2003, 04:19 PM
On 2003-12-02 12:51, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
ok i woudl have :

HUcast-power traps. nuff said
RAcast- much the same, but with a ranger. you dont need another tech caster really
FOnewearl- can support a hell of a lot better then fonewm, and can chip in wit the simple tech damage. hard tech spammign is useles with 4 people in the team.

4th place is really another force. I fu choose this option, have an all out support fomarl and an all out attack foneweaerl or fonewm.

another hunter, i would go with hucaseal

I agree that a HUcast is part of a good team juet because of his insane ATP. I would also prefer the Ranger to be a bot so he can take out the trap a lot easier than the HUcast, and offer nice HP reducing support. ... Then, when you have two bots you need a FO. ... Now what kinda FO would really depend on the 4th person. I agree that you could have two FOs in a team when one of them is a FOnewm. Sure his support is ass, but if you have another FO (a FOmarl maybe?) then he can go around doing nukage while still able to support if the other FO happen to be ... disabled.
But then, if the 4th player is a Hunter then I guess you would want a better support FO in the team... so, FOmarl or FOnewearl would be nice. Personally, I think FOmar and FOnewm are good in a team only when he isn't the support. If he is, then, well, erm, ya, that's very painful.

Oh yes. And if the 4th is a Hunter, I'd pick HUmar ot HUnewearl. Ass resta is still resta. In a tight spot, it could mean life!

.. Whoa. I hope I made sense. My head hurts.

Wewt
Dec 2, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-12-01 18:47, LordMe wrote:
strategy huh...then i am a idiot i never use a strategy it is useless

You must suck at Challenge mode.

LordMe
Dec 2, 2003, 05:44 PM
i stick at every thing...i've tryed it 1 time since we we got the game so i'm not sure...C mode is not that good...yeah i can get a weapon with 10 to ATP WOW

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordMe on 2003-12-02 14:45 ]</font>

Kupi
Dec 2, 2003, 05:57 PM
... ever tried grinding an S-Rank, sir? They've got great ATA for non-percented weapons, too. Not to mention the fact that the task itself is the reward... unless you learn to play better, there's no way you'll get an S-Rank. Personally, I think C-Mode should be a mandatory step toward getting into Ultimate mode.

Wewt
Dec 2, 2003, 06:08 PM
Do you use cheated items by any chance?

The thought just got to me when I re-read 'i never use a strategy it is useless'.

I think you're just a little confused over what strategy really is.

Kemon
Dec 3, 2003, 02:12 PM
HUmar
HUcast
RAmar
FOmar

oh the teamm me and my friends play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifim the lvl 68 fomar hehe there all lvl 50 mwahahah mwahaha !

KingChaos
Dec 3, 2003, 02:23 PM
For Me Id Say

HUmar
Hucast
RAmar
FOnewm/FOnewearl

-Luke-
Dec 3, 2003, 03:28 PM
Meh...I would say that it would always be good to have a RAmarl in the team. I made one recently, and she is damn efficient. She does good damage, has good techs, and can really help a team out as she is so self-sufficient. But my list would be:
HUcast (for pwning much ass)
RAmarl (reasons above, guards FOmarl)
FOmarl (healing and support, helps RAmarl)
RAcast (ranged power)
or, instead of the RAcast, another HUmar or HUcast, I have never really found a need for attack techs better than what FOmarls and RAmarls can do....
Luke

echo-2003
Dec 3, 2003, 11:40 PM
My favorite team setup are these guys, these are my offline charcters also.

HUcast
FOnewearl
FOnewm
Ramar

My reasoning is this, I'm a magic lover so that is why I'm a little gung-ho about it and I got the power to boot. The RAmar and the HUcast can work together and keep the baddies away from the forces while the Forces can cast there spells and keep the other two healed and Shifta and Debanded up.

As for a level, um I guess 10 or less.

NoxiousOne
Dec 3, 2003, 11:59 PM
On 2003-12-02 14:57, Kupi wrote:
... ever tried grinding an S-Rank, sir? They've got great ATA for non-percented weapons, too. Not to mention the fact that the task itself is the reward... unless you learn to play better, there's no way you'll get an S-Rank. Personally, I think C-Mode should be a mandatory step toward getting into Ultimate mode.

That would suck for those of us who seldom have other people around with which to play challenge mode. Likewise I don't get in a lot of Multimode. When my friend and I do play we usually all play as our highest lvl characters which means HUcast, HUmar, FOnewearl, RAmar. Hardly an ideal team, but were strong enough that we don't get soundly beaten.